Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Keighley: Halo Reach Will Be A Huge Leap Forward - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Keighley: Halo Reach Will Be A Huge Leap Forward (803 Views)

Nintendo Wii U may end up being a huge Hit!!!.My thoughts below.What's Yours? / Halo 3 Wallpaper / Guinness World Record: Beating Halo 2 In Legendary Difficulty With Out Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keighley: Halo Reach Will Be A Huge Leap Forward by kosovo(m): 9:08am On Dec 07, 2009
[url=http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-Video-Game-News-Examiner~y2009m12d6-Keighley-Halo-Reach-will-be-a-huge-leap-forward] Click Here [/url] for full story and trailer.

Geoff Keighley teases the new trailer for Halo Reach and says that the game will be a huge leap forward.
Re: Keighley: Halo Reach Will Be A Huge Leap Forward by echowords(m): 1:32am On Dec 16, 2009
Am not very optimistic about this one, but the trailer looks great. i just wish they give it another name and let the halo franchise
just die a legend. Not turning it into another legend of zelda, u knw how many zelda's they've made since ocarina of time.
Re: Keighley: Halo Reach Will Be A Huge Leap Forward by texazzpete(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2009
echowords:

Am not very optimistic about this one, but the trailer looks great. i just wish they give it another name and let the halo franchise
just die a legend. Not turning it into another legend of zelda, u knw how many zelda's they've made since ocarina of time.

and each Zelda game has been wonderful. do you know how many Zelda games were out before Ocarina of Time?
Re: Keighley: Halo Reach Will Be A Huge Leap Forward by Mistiky(m): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2009
texazzpete:

and each Zelda game has been wonderful. do you know how many Zelda games were out before Ocarina of Time?

Ocarina Of Time for me is the best game ever made, by a loooonnnngggggg mile.
I think what made it sooo good was the fact that they took a storyline which most ppl were already familiar with and then layered it in such a way that was just genius.
When you started the game, each layer you completed opened you up to a much much more intense and engrossing experience in the next layer of the storyline. Everytime you were about to complete a particular quest, you looked forward to the next with a a bit of anxiety and of course excitement because you never really knew what was coming next. Also, the graphics back then wasn't shabby either. All in all it was and is still is the best game ever made IMO.

As regards the Halo franchise, there's nothing bad in making use of a successful game title. The only problem i think they are experiencing now is that, just like everyother game title out there, nobody wants to play the same game twice on two different versions. The fact that they are trying to expand the storyline further isn't the problem IMO. The problem i think lies in the fact that most gamers feel like we have been playing the same game since Halo 2, just with little tweaks and different titles. This in turn takes alot away from the storyline of the newer versions of the game. the reason i believe Halo 2 was still reasonably successful was because they were telling basically the same story but there was a lot of revamp in the way the game played compared to Halo.

Bungie are essentially suffering from the same ailment as Konami are with the PES franchise and the fact that these games are being released so close to each other doesn't help either. The differencies or lack of it can be easily detected cause the last version was just,  well a couple of months back.
Re: Keighley: Halo Reach Will Be A Huge Leap Forward by echowords(m): 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2009
@texazzpete
Am familiar with the zelda games both before and after ocarina of time, I've finished ocarina of time, played wind breaker to an extent, majoras mask,
and twilight pricess very recently on the wii. so am pretty much a zelda fan, but un gotta admit the following titles after ocarina of time wheren't very creative nor imaginative, u gotta stop somewhere or make upcoming series somewhat unrelated with the original, i think thats why the final fantasy series is so suceessful, because no one expects the same shit. playing twilight pricess was like a stroll in the
park cause the puzzles and format was similar to previous titles. concernig the halo reach, i don't think am gonna buy it, much as am a halo fan, i've
gotten tired of fighting hordes of terrorist aliens.

Just thoughts
I think what made halo 3 a tiny bit dull was that the elites where not my enemies any more. there's no real joy in killing a brute as compared to killing
an elite warrior.damn i loved their agility, intelligence and strenght. nothing like an energy sword gold shielded elite

(1) (Reply)

Online Gaming Psn / Escape,,the,,feeling,, / E3 : EA & Microsoft Conference In Less Than 5 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.