Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria (20951 Views)

Buhari’s 2nd Term Will Consume Tinubu, Break Nigeria – Iyorchia Ayu / Senate supporting Agitation To Break Up Nigeria? / "Fake News More Dangerous Than Insurgency, Can Break Nigeria" – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by buchilino(m): 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
Nowenuse:

Yes, but they can never really be the mouthpiece of the Igbo nation or ever be taken seriously by the government. They will be treated like the criminals and touts that they are by the national security.

The Igbos have their elected legislatives and executives who are their recognized mouth piece nationally and these are the only ones who voice can be taken seriously by anyone.

IF U SAY SO.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by Truthisit: 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
We did nothing because both the North and the East collaborated to get June 12 killed. Sun Tzu said, 'Don't fight a war you know you won't win'. We are master strategists, hence we sheathed our swords. But as many as were involved, they will pay in one way or the other.
emmykk:
if when MKO mandate was cancelled they didnt do anything there is nothing yoruba can do about breaking nigeria....they are the fear fear people of Nigeria
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by emmykk(m): 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
Truthisit:
We did nothing because both the North and the East collaborated to get June 12 killed. Sun Tzu said, 'Don't fight a war you know you won't win'. We are master strategists, hence we sheathed our swords. But as many as were involved, they will pay in one way or the other.
we are still saying the same thing.there is always a reason for you people to be fear fear

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by janykute: 9:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
Olabestonic001:

Yes, they NEVER FOUGHT!
(1) They sustained an agitation against a military regime for 5 yrs while the Igbos were busy hobnobbing with that dictator. Your feeble leaders even campaigned to transmute Abacha to civilian president. Too much for chest-beaters.
(2) They were so weak that they ended up seeing the end of that demon and they subsequently gained from the entrance of democracy. Without their agitations then, someone like you can't even have room to do chest-beating. Too much for Igbos.
(3) They ain't fighters, yet they helped to wrestle political power away from PDP and GEJ. GEJ underrated them and he was dumped out of power.
(4) They've always made relevant decisions and agitations that always bears fruit. Without causing the death of their masses, they fought a military president for 5 yrs and ended up ending their reign. Unlike all your foolish power; what has it produced? Deaths of millions of people and more deaths to young boys as at present. It shows that you guys are way more foolish than you can fathom.

Get over it, the only reason you guys have been blackmailing us is because you're so sure you don't have the mental capacity to be free from Hausa/Fulani claws and you know that only Yoruba's can help you out. Rather than beg for help, you guys are still way too foolish to be humble. Your frustrations shall be infinite and long.
Complete rubbish.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by nonaira: 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
If I laugh at this tribe now, they'll say I'm tribalistic but truly yoruba tribe is a complete utter joke. A freaking laughing stock I swear. It makes me laugh the tribe that self deluded themselves into believing they are the best thing since slice bread and have been desperately trying to force that self-delusion down everyone throats won't be this scared to live by themselves but reality speaks otherwise. Even the freaking North aren't this ashamed to attach to ppl who doesn't want them...most people screaming "one nigeria" down everyone throat is predominately yoruba.

It actually speaks highly on how parasitic that community truly must be but hidden from society. Let's be real, if you confident you can survive by yourself, you wouldn't desperately trying to stick to an unworkable, tribalistic filled, union. Only those that more than aware they can do good or better by themselves would seek to leave this mess called Nigeria. I used to think north was the biggest parasites,but lately, with the discussion of separation and how desperate Yorba are to make an unworkable Nigeria work tells me the north might really not be the parasites as I thought they were.
Anyway, I'm not even shocked anyway. After all, yoruba was the only tribe in West Africa and I believe in Africa in general that wrote a letter to British to colonize them. So I'm not even shocked anymore. Slaves would always be slaves. They seem to enjoy it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by 4ureyesonly: 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
ABUSITE spotted
u11ae1013:
cone heads
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by femolii: 10:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
Osus are frustrated already if their really tire they can call their people back to their lock region n stop collecting alocation from government .
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by anukulapo: 10:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
zendy:
As an Igbo man, I laugh when I hear Yorubas talk about restructuring.

Yorubas dont want to accept the truth. They want 'one Nigeria' but do not realise this is the same reason why restructuring will never happen.

For the Northerners, there is no difference between restructuring and Biafra, which is why they will never allow either to happen.

To tell the truth, you have spoken well.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by 1mmanuel(m): 10:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
if Nigeria divides, the southerners and the igbos will have the oil wells to themselves while the northerners will have the food crops and agriculture. The Yoruba land will be stranded and left with nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by mmsen: 10:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
Ioannes:

oh so it is we that should remove you from Nigeria so that you can start shouting persecution again abi?

If you truly want your republic why not go through the proper channel.

The protests you guys have been doing so far is just so that you can produce the president at the next election.

Who is 'we' and who is 'you'?
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ipodstinks: 10:58pm On Feb 14, 2017
janykute:
Complete rubbish.
he said the bitter truth. complete bitter truth.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ipodstinks: 11:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
nonaira:
If I laugh at this tribe now, they'll say I'm tribalistic but truly yoruba tribe is a complete utter joke. A freaking laughing stock I swear. It makes me laugh the tribe that self deluded themselves into believing they are the best thing since slice bread and have been desperately trying to force that self-delusion down everyone throats won't be this scared to live by themselves but reality speaks otherwise. Even the freaking North aren't this ashamed to attach to ppl who doesn't want them...most people screaming "one nigeria" down everyone throat is predominately yoruba.

It actually speaks highly on how parasitic that community truly must be but hidden from society. Let's be real, if you confident you can survive by yourself, you wouldn't desperately trying to stick to an unworkable, tribalistic filled, union. Only those that more than aware they can do good or better by themselves would seek to leave this mess called Nigeria. I used to think north was the biggest parasites,but lately, with the discussion of separation and how desperate Yorba are to make an unworkable Nigeria work tells me the north might really not be the parasites as I thought they were.
Anyway, I'm not even shocked anyway. After all, yoruba was the only tribe in West Africa and I believe in Africa in general that wrote a letter to British to colonize them. So I'm not even shocked anymore. Slaves would always be slaves. They seem to enjoy it.
balderdash. yet, only Lagos allocation is greater than all ur eastern states altogether. yet u run to their land on daily basis for survival. at u not ashamed to talk. who is the parasite here. this is one of the reason I always thank God for not creating me as an Igbo man. shame is so far away from you ppl. beta get ready for your journey to that westside tomorrow. swear with ur life if you don't have ur family members in the west. and I will swear that none of my family member is the east. by this what I put down here, u can correct me to define what parasite means.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ipodstinks: 11:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
femolii:
Osus are frustrated already if their really tire they can call their people back to their lock region n stop collecting alocation from government .
they are doing everything to get Yorubas involve their agitation so that it can be easy. we knw their trick. they are calling Yoruba coward so that yorubas can get angry to follow their suit, but they have forgotten that our wisdom us too much for them.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ipodstinks: 11:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
1mmanuel:
if Nigeria divides, the southerners and the igbos will have the oil wells to themselves while the northerners will have the food crops and agriculture. The Yoruba land will be stranded and left with nothing.
eyah, sorry, may God help you recover. even the Niger delta don't want you ppl. oma se o.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by femolii: 11:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
Mumu of the year. let me tell u yorubas will survive well without oil n yorubas did not use oil money when awolowo develop south west to the tast n he even declear free education not oil money so go n repair ur brain is faulty n for ur information south south is not part of south east. so when the time comes u b in d desert take note of that.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ipodstinks: 11:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
BabaCommander:
Lolz! It's a known and accepted truth that Igbos are the most competitive tribe in the whole Africa and it's the reason you cowards hates them. They are almost a majority in your homeland and in the north, which goes to show how fearless they are. Sorry to burst your bubble, you ignorant amala eating brain dead descendant of incestuous pigmies. grin grin
they hate you but u keep coming and salivating in their land. now I knw the reason God refuses to listen to your prayers. is it not Yoruba hatred that made mbise youth to chase another Igbo priest from their church. saying they can't allow another person to be their priest. is it not Yoruba that caused that too. una never get solution to una problem.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by totit: 11:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
grin

I have always said this ; Ipod yoots are helpless, hopeless and mentally disfigured.

They are so desperate that they will taunt anything tauntable, throw insult anyhow at you,and misuse,abuse or use the "Coward" at will just to vent their hopeless frustration on you. grin grin grin

I feel like weeping for ipod yoot grin grin grin grin cheesy sometimes.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ayokellany: 11:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
mmsen:

If you dislike them why would you not want them to leave?

Who is stopping them from leaving ? I do know no Yoruba is holding the key to the prison the Igbos are locked or Igbo sabi the road to leave Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ipodstinks: 11:29pm On Feb 14, 2017
femolii:
Mumu of the year. let me tell u yorubas will survive well without oil n yorubas did not use oil money when awolowo develop south west to the tast n he even declear free education not oil money so go n repair ur brain is faulty n for ur information south south is not part of south east. so when the time comes u b in d desert take note of that.
we don't use oil to develop our land even dou we have it in abundant in ondo, Ogun and Lagos. we have many resources in our oodua land. and which oil are u talking for them, the Niger delta owns the oil and they at not igbos. they will fight you if you associate them with igbos. if they are to talk about south south, delta state was from western region, they are never part of eastern region from beginning. go n read the history, you will know the truth from there.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by mmsen: 11:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
ayokellany:

Who is stopping them from leaving ? I do know no Yoruba is holding the key to the prison the Igbos are locked or Igbo sabi the road to leave Nigeria.

There are certain people in Nigeria who have a heart attack whenever fiscal federalism or restructuring is mentioned - do you think that such people would want any part of the union to leave?

Or have you already forgotten how some people were so worried about what might be said during the national confab that they kicked against the whole thing?
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ayokellany: 11:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
mmsen:

Have they not been agitating to leave?

Did they not fight a war of secession?

Why are you not fighting to remove them from the union if you have so much animosity for themu?

I mean how can any human with a functional brain ask this question. So Yoruba should go to the battle front and be fighting Igbo war of succession. This is the reason why I argue that many Igbo are retarded.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by mmsen: 11:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
ayokellany:

I mean how can any human with a functional brain ask this question. So Yoruba should go to the battle front and be fighting Igbo war of succession. This is the reason why I argue that many Igbo are retarded.

If someone is in your house and you do not want them there do not you physically remove them or at least tell them to leave?

I see a lot of nonsense about 'iPod yoots', 'Igbos' or whatever other foolish terms the morons on this board use but when the issue of secession comes up they start shouting 'One Nigeria'. Why share a house with someone that you have no respect for?
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ayokellany: 11:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
mmsen:

There are certain people in Nigeria who have a heart attack whenever fiscal federalism or restructuring is mentioned - do you think that such people would want any part of the union to leave?

Or have you already forgotten how some people were so worried about what might be said during the national confab that they kicked against the whole thing?[/

Why did Jonathan conduct a confab few months to his departure ? If he is really interested in structuring n confab why not use result from Obasanjo's confab. If you have a problem with Obama arranged confab, why do you think other Nigeria do not have problems with Jonathan closing his allies from each state to state a confab or must all Nigerians be stupid bcoz Jonathan his senseless.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ayokellany: 12:11am On Feb 15, 2017
mmsen:

If someone is in your house and you do not want them there do not you physically remove them or at least tell them to leave?

I see a lot of nonsense about 'iPod yoots', 'Igbos' or whatever other foolish terms the morons on this board use but when the issue of secession comes up they start shouting 'One Nigeria'. Why share a house with someone that you have no respect for?

Mr Man Biafran call other Nigerians names as well. If Igbos want out they should do the necessary to get out. If they can not they should shut up. The federal govt which u seek independence from has never at any point in time stated he wants you out so your claim is lame. South Sudan fought for its independence. Spain is not fighting for Catulana freedom, Ethiopia did not fight for the Independence of Eritrea n many more sample. Igbos should desisting from expecting Yoruba to fight their war. If you need the help of the Yoruba to wage your way of independence, you must swallow your pride with you tail BTW your legs and come to beg not dictate Yoruba should push you out of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by mmsen: 12:16am On Feb 15, 2017
ayokellany:

Mr Man Biafran call other Nigerians names as well. If Igbos want out they should do the necessary to get out. If they can not they should shut up. The federal govt which u seek independence from has never at any point in time stated he wants you out so your claim is lame. South Sudan fought for its independence. Spain is not fighting for Catulana freedom, Ethiopia did not fight for the Independence of Eritrea n many more sample. Igbos should desisting from expecting Yoruba to fight their war. If you need the help of the Yoruba to wage your way of independence, you must swallow your pride with you tail BTW your legs and come to beg not dictate Yoruba should push you out of Nigeria.

Biafrans 'call names' but they want to leave.

Also, don't forget that they were slaughtered by our friends in the north which is what prompted them to seek secession first time around.

And if we're being perfectly frank no right-minded person wishes to share a country with crazed Islamists.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ayokellany: 12:25am On Feb 15, 2017
mmsen:

Biafrans 'call names' but they want to leave.

Also, don't forget that they were slaughtered by our friends in the north which is what prompted them to seek secession first time around.

And if we're being perfectly frank no right-minded person wishes to share a country with crazed Islamists.

They were slaughtered by your friend from the North because you slaughtered a Prime Minister n premier who are both northerners. You did not do just that but drag their dead body on the street. For God sake what is wrong with the brain of some of you Igbos.

There are two way to independence world over, you either fight it the way Kenya did with the British or you negotiate it like Nigeria Ghana n host of countries that got independence in 1960 did.

Other example include the break of old USSR done on negotiate, that BTW Gambia and Senegal, Ethiopia and Eritrea. The Touregs are presently fighting for a homeland in Mali. Biafrans should make a pick, if they want negotiate they will not clamour for Yoruba to go and negotiate their independence but when it comes to war you senseless morons will declared Yoruba should lead your war for freedom. Foolish set of people.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by joe120120(m): 12:30am On Feb 15, 2017
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by mmsen: 12:31am On Feb 15, 2017
ayokellany:

They were slaughtered by your friend from the North because you slaughtered a Prime Minister n premier who are both northerners. You did not do just that but drag their dead body on the street. For God sake what is wrong with the brain of some of you Igbos.

I slaughtered? I wasn't alive at that time nor am I Igbo. And those were soldiers (many of whom were not Igbos) who killed those people that you speak of - why did the cowardly people kill innocent civilians who had no hand in the murders instead of the soldiers?
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ayokellany: 12:40am On Feb 15, 2017
mmsen:

I slaughtered? I wasn't alive at that time nor am I Igbo. And those were soldiers (many of whom were not Igbos) who killed those people that you speak of - why did the cowardly people kill innocent civilians who had no hand in the murders instead of the soldiers?

Were Tafawa Balewa n Ahmadu Bello army generals ?
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by mmsen: 12:46am On Feb 15, 2017
ayokellany:

Were Tafawa Balewa n Ahmadu Bello army generals ?

They were symbols of power, the traders and civil servants that were murdered en masse had no power which is why it was so easy to kill them

If you have a grievance it makes sense to get rid of those at the top, those who make the decisions, that is what the army did when they felt that certain elements were stagnating progress.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by ayokellany: 12:53am On Feb 15, 2017
mmsen:

They were symbols of power, the traders and civil servants that were murdered en masse had no power which is why it was so easy to kill them

If you have a grievance it makes sense to get rid of those at the top, those who make the decisions, that is what the army did when they felt that certain elements were stagnating progress.

That was why Igbos killed the democratically elected prime ministers of the nation and dragged his lifeless body on the street. Killed the premiers of the northern and western regions. Region which is not theirs but spared the lives of both the ceremonial head of state n the premier of their own region who are Igbos. Your sense of judgement needs an overhaul, that brain sitting on your head have used up all the intelligence it came with.
Re: The Yoruba Initiatives Cautions Against Agitation To Break Nigeria by mmsen: 1:01am On Feb 15, 2017
ayokellany:

That was why Igbos killed the democratically elected prime ministers of the nation and dragged his lifeless body on the street. Killed the premiers of the northern and western regions. Region which is not theirs but spared the lives of both the ceremonial head of state n the premier of their own region who are Igbos. Your sense of judgement needs an overhaul, that brain sitting on your head have used up all the intelligence it came with.

You keep saying 'Igbos' when we are talking about members of the armed forces from across Nigeria.

Do you think the average Igboman on the street had any knowledge of the coup? Would they have remained in the north if they had?

You keep talking about 'brain' but you refuse to use yours. Instead using myth to justify your hatred against people who have never done anything you and are far from being the most problematic group in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tony Nwoye Meets With President Buhari (Photos) / Yemi Osinbajo In Osun, Engages With Delegates (Pictures) / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval For $800M World Bank Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.