Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch (22695 Views)

Soldiers Sack Police Station In Port Harcou, Arrest DPO Over Murder Of Colleague / Beggars Pray In Kaduna; Kill Pregnant Sheep, Ask God To Punish Their Oppressors / Buhari's Return: Major Cabinet Shake-Up Likely This Week - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 15, 2017
MasterofNL:

These goats even abandoned their positions, threw away their riffles and ran into a river where they drowned in droves just to escape from adavancing boko haram fighters.

What a shame. embarassed

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Roadmike(m): 10:04am On Feb 15, 2017
[size=18pt]indeed so sad, Fulani Armed Gun Men did theres

Now its the turn of the Government Owned Armed Forces

Simply may be the Government wants to totally annihilated that Community or what ? [/size]
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by homopoliticus: 10:06am On Feb 15, 2017
Zombie.... No brakes, no jam, no sense!!!
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Kingspin(m): 10:12am On Feb 15, 2017
Toy soldiers....
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by israelmao(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2017
That's Nigerian army for you,fulani herdmen keep killing these people day and night they have done nothing much to protect them but they went after civilians with guns.If soldiers had not targeted civilians with guns or fired a shot at them where would stray bullet come from to kill a pregnant woman?
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Jerryojozy(m): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2017
Anticorruption:

same professionalism metted on a cripple recently

seems our army has redefined professionalism
That's bad, I wonder if there is mental and psychological assessment of these men before enlisting them.
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 15, 2017
Ngokafor:

.....Well what the elders(SE and to a small extent SS) saw sitting down,the toddlers and babies from the North and SW could not see standing on top of Mount Everest.

..You guys from other regions are so clueless about the political dynamics in this sad nation called Nigeria it is shocking..You were all warned about the dangers of voting buhari,but you called us names and refused to listen.

...Now all you do is cry after the horse has left the stable,but its too late.
Am from d South doesn't mean i will give GEJ a passmark for his governance. To me he failed. D option of GEJ and PMB to me were d same bad option. So i didn't care to support any of dem. But d emergence of PMB looked more like hope.
I said it before and i wilk repeat it. Until a new presidential candidate who is not a recycled thief and who is from d grassroot Springs up, my pvc will keep designing my wallet

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by rawtruth(m): 10:35am On Feb 15, 2017
HungerBAD:
John Charles, Makurdi

http://punchng.com/soldiers-sack-agatu-villages-kill-pregnant-woman-five-others/

Hmm ... Five soldiers were killed in that same Agatu area by invading Fulani militias, about three years ago, but the army did not invade the militias' known hideouts in Nasarawa state; all was silent. I remember how the secretary of the Fulani cattle union in Benue state, one Garus Gololo, was quoted to have "sympathised" with the army for losing soldiers in the "crossfire".

Something is terribly wrong in this country, and it holds no good for anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by DonCortino: 10:35am On Feb 15, 2017
Y
EazyMoh:

How many wrong news have been on a national daily? It all boils down to the source of the story.
can't you see they fail to name even one of th so called killed villagers? including the alleged pregnant woman.
Mind you I believe soldiers can do (and have done) worst, but it's dangerous to broadcast wrong information like this because it will only escalate the problem.
The villagers stand to fain by aligning with security agents against the barbaric herdsmen that regularly attack their villages, but it will spell doom for them if they are exaggerating and killing soldiers. They will make two enemies for themselves, and no sane person would want that

So its wrong because it paints ur government bad! But if its another lie concerning ur president's health, it will be true!

Abeg swerve!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Ngokafor(f): 10:37am On Feb 15, 2017
damagepbuh:

Am from d South doesn't mean i will give GEJ a passmark for his governance. To me he failed. D option of GEJ and PMB to me were d same bad option. So i didn't care to support any of dem. But d emergence of PMB looked more like hope.
I said it before and i wilk repeat it. Until a new presidential candidate who is not a recycled thief and who is from d grassroot Springs up, my pvc will keep designing my wallet

.....Listen up dude,there is no point going round this..In 2015,Nigerians were down with two options,Jonathan or buhari...This was a case of choosing between a disappointment(Jonathan) or a menace(buhari)....Any right-thinking adult should be wise enough to choose a disappointment not a menace in the name of some stuupid 'change'slogan..That was our point then and still is now.

...Jonathan was not all that but buhari is far far worse than Jonathan in every ramifications..and for your information abstaining from voting is never a wise decision because the chances of the worst candidate emerging from the options available are usually high...and the consequencies very dire...fact.
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by thewarrior72: 10:38am On Feb 15, 2017
omenkaLives:
This is unacceptable.

The Nigerian armed forces need to be careful how they go about "avenging" the death of their colleagues.

If youths in the area killed one of yours, what's the big deal in carrying out a thorouggh investigation to discover those behind the crime and punish them as necessary? They cant go about dishimg out such blanket punishments

It happened in Odi.

It happened in Zaki Biam.

It has happened again.

Enough of the nonsense.

Edit:

As usual, they just cant spare a momemt to read before commenting. They cant wait to cash out their wailing mavros.

What has the incident got to do with herdsmen?
Good morning. Day don break, isn't it?

What goes around will surely come around. I hope you aren't among the arrested?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 15, 2017
We call for restraint on all sides.
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by rawtruth(m): 10:39am On Feb 15, 2017
EternalTruths:
Nigerian Military fighting for Fulani herdsmen

The military wants to disarm The Agatu people so that Fulani herdsmen will wipe them off and steal their lands

Agatus must defend their homeland

Christians must rise up against Islamization and Fulanization of Nigeria

Buhari must go angry angry

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Guyman02: 10:42am On Feb 15, 2017
HungerBAD:
The council’s sole administrator, Mr. Mike Inalegwu, who spoke to our correspondent on the telephone, also denied the killing of people in Agatu communities but admitted the invasion of military personnel.

The unelected council sole administrator Mr Inalegwu has lied so much against his own people in defence of the Fulanis that I wonder if he is truly an Idoma man or he is like the Fulanis of Ilorin who bear Yoruba names? embarassed embarassed
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by alaskido(m): 10:56am On Feb 15, 2017
What do you expect when you have a retired military general in power as a civilian democratic president. This is just smoke screen. A soldier is always a soldier. They do not believe in democracy.
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by chairmanchairmam: 11:38am On Feb 15, 2017
anyone in Nigeria who still doesn't believe the zoo theory is living in denial
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by UltraLeslie: 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
EazyMoh:
This is disappointing, Punch is also towing the line Vanguard in unprofessional journalism.
The council chief denied the death of anybody, yet Punch put it in the headline without finding out the deceased name and intervening her family.
They didn't even try to quote any source for their story, the writer just stated it as if he was an eye witness especially in that first paragraph.
Honestly the people carrying misinformation are doing as much damage by creating unnecessary anger and hate in people's minds which may lead to carnage in the future. Uganda is a typical example.
I condemn the soldiers act though if they really did what they did.

What the press accused of the Nigerian army is unfortunately how the Nigeria army conduct themselves; it is their typical modus operandi and trademark mode of operation. They have done it repeatedly over and over again. You must be an an army to make that statement.

Let me ask you; did the army have any business going after anyone in that village who killed their colleague? The answer is no. It's the constitutional duty of the police. Do not allow the lopsided way things are done here to change your perception of order.

The Nigerian army has always been a disgrace with a bunch of unprofessional idiots who thinks the uniform is a mark of superiority over anyone without a uniform.

Anyone who defends the army on matter of civilian brutality is an imbecilé in its purest form. Even if you were born abroad, you must have had friends and family who will tell you about how these uncivilised thugs in uniform operate.

Just last week I came to Lagos to purchase an iPad and a navy officer with naval coverall driving a Siena 2000 model was driving against traffic in a one-way lane.

He switched off the ignition and came down from his vehicle blocking the entire road...until the other vehicles plying the right way all cleared out for him.

The Nigerian army needs reorientation more than any other uniformed institution in Nigeria.
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by EazyMoh(m): 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
UltraLeslie:

What the press accused of the Nigerian army is unfortunately how the Nigeria army conduct themselves; it is their typical modus operandi and trademark mode of operation. They have done it repeatedly over and over again. You must be an an army to make that statement.

Let me ask you; did the army have any business going after anyone in that village who killed their colleague? The answer is no. It's the constitutional duty of the police. Do not allow the lopsided way things are done here to change your perception of order.

The Nigerian army has always been a disgrace with a bunch of unprofessional idiots who thinks the uniform is a mark of superiority over anyone without a uniform.

Anyone who defends the army on matter of civilian brutality is an imbecilé in its purest form. Even if you were born abroad, you must have had friends and family who will tell you about how these uncivilised thugs in uniform operate.

Just last week I came to Lagos to purchase an iPad and a navy officer with naval coverall driving a Siena 2000 model was driving against traffic in a one-way lane.

He switched off the ignition and came down from his vehicle blocking the entire road...until the other vehicles plying the right way all cleared out for him.

The Nigerian army needs reorientation more than any other uniformed institution in Nigeria.
Read my comments above.
Their brutality does not mean people shall be making up stories about them. Certainly not those villagers at the mercy of barbaric herdsmen.
Their community chief denied it for God's sake.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
why are Nigerian military acting like fulani herdsmen?.
i tire o.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Caution30: 1:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
Agatu again, wat is going on?
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ngokafor:

.....Listen up dude,there is no point going round this..In 2015,Nigerians were down with two options,Jonathan or buhari...This was a case of choosing between a disappointment(Jonathan) or a menace(buhari)....Any right-thinking adult should be wise enough to choose a disappointment not a menace in the name of some stuupid 'change'slogan..That was our point then and still is now.

...Jonathan was not all that but buhari is far far worse than Jonathan in every ramifications..and for your information abstaining from voting is never a wise decision because the chances of the worst candidate emerging from the options available are usually high...and the consequencies very dire...fact.
U chose disappointed because he was from ur region.
Personally i refused to choose any. because i rather not vote dan vote btw known disappointment and impending failure

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Huffington: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2017
Where is Omenka? Come and see them killing your people o, while u masturbate over Biafra.
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by cutedharmee: 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
#Arms crossed grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by vislabraye(m): 4:12pm On Feb 15, 2017
psucc:
Just reminding one of the Odi massacre during OBJ's civilian rule.

Sack 6 villages without a single death, I clap for our Army's 'professionalism'

Genocide has become a trademark in this administration...
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by billyG(m): 4:48pm On Feb 15, 2017
useless soldiers dey came to mope up d guns agatu pple are using 2 show fulani herdmens pepper.ortom is a useless beast Y did he not giv his village or tiv land to fulani?
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Idomapikin: 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ortom is using all possible means to give out part of Agatu land to herdsmen. This is part of the meeting with Almakura and Ortom. Agatu youths stand on what they told the governor that no part of Agatu will be given to herders in any form.
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Ngokafor(f): 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2017
damagepbuh:

U chose disappointed because he was from ur region.
Personally i refused to choose any. because i rather not vote dan vote btw known disappointment and impending failure

...There is nothing like 'impending failure'..says who?? Buhari was/is a clear failure and a menace.

..Anyway i chose disappointment cos i have common sense not to vote menace or abstain from voting only to complain later like you all are doing now...Unfortunately your poor judgements has gotten us all in a fix.

...I would rather deal with Jonathan's admin and buy a bag of rice for #9,000..buy fuel at #87 per litre,exchange a dollar for #210 and so on than this disaster called buhari/apc...And thats the honest truth.
Re: Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ngokafor:

...There is nothing like 'impending failure'..says who?? Buhari was/is a clear failure and a menace.

..Anyway i chose disappointment cos i have common sense not to vote menace or abstain from voting only to complain later like you all are doing now...Unfortunately your poor judgements has gotten us all in a fix.

...I would rather deal with Jonathan's admin and buy a bag of rice for #9,000..buy fuel at #87 per litre,exchange a dollar for #210 and so on than this disaster called buhari/apc...And thats the honest truth.

Can u just go and read my posr with understanding without jumping upandan.
In sumary i said I DID NOT VOTE OR SUPPORT ANYONE.
PDP OR APC they are all failures.
Until we who has d power to change leadership stop voting out of religious or ethnicity sentiment and start considering d pedigree of politicians things will never change.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nwafor Orizu's Family To Hold Memorial Thanksgiving Service / Peter Obi Meet Fmr Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta And AU Observers / Buhari May Come Back Today — Ibrahim Dasuki Nakande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.