Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,306 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria (27013 Views)

The Time It Would Take Dangote To Pay Off His ₦792m Bugatti Veyron / Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / Aliko Dangote To Buy Arsenal And Sack Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by Imoh555(m): 6:17am On Feb 15, 2017
LAGOS Feb 13 (Reuters) - Dangote Group, controlled by Africa's richest man Aliko Dangote, plans to launch a rice mill with a farm scheme in Nigeria to tap growing demand for paddy in Africa's biggest economy, the company said on Monday.

Rice demand in Nigeria hit 6.3 million metric tonnes (MT) in 2015, with 2.3 million metric tonnes produced at home, leaving the country reliant on imports, according to the agriculture ministry.

Dangote Group subsidiary Dangote Rice Ltd will launch a pilot project starting with 500 hectares of farmland by Gonroyo Dam, Nigeria's second-largest dam, located in the northern state of Sokoto.

The multi-million-dollar project will be expanded to cover a land area of 25,000 hectares across three sites in northern Nigeria by the end of the year, the firm said.

"By year-end 2017, Dangote Rice plans to produce 225,000 MT of parboiled, milled white rice. This will allow us to satisfy 4 percent of the total market demand within one year," the company said in a statement.

"Our model can then be successfully scaled to produce 1,000,000 MT of milled rice in order to satisfy 16 percent of the domestic market demand for rice over the next five years."

Dangote Group has grown aggressively, venturing into cement , food manufacturing, oil, gas and real estate. Last month, the group launched a $100 million truck assembly plant to tap a projected rise in demand for transport as the government boosts agriculture and farmers need to move goods across the vast country.

Dangote Rice said it would partner with smallholders and contract farmers to grow paddy rice for milling. It will offer inputs to farmers while the smallholders provide land and labour.

At harvest, Dangote will recoup input costs and buy the paddy rice from farmers for processing at market price.

The 25,000-hectare land will be cultivated by nearly 50,000 farmers, organised into groups. Dangote will engage with the groups to sign contracts with each farmer.

http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL8N1FY4K8

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by dheespectre: 6:19am On Feb 15, 2017
He should oo..vto like 1000 a bag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by dingbang(m): 6:20am On Feb 15, 2017
Dats how he vowed to reduce the price of cement...

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by izzou(m): 6:26am On Feb 15, 2017
He promised to crash the price of cement to #1000

Na #2350 be the price and still increasing grin

It's like crash means hike in this era of Change

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by kabrud: 6:27am On Feb 15, 2017
That's a true and patriotic Nigerian. Children of 8 will not like this.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by bigboss80s(m): 6:28am On Feb 15, 2017
Ok and how about cement?

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by Flyingngel(m): 6:31am On Feb 15, 2017
This man can lie for Africa oo

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 6:32am On Feb 15, 2017
Lolz
Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by DaudaAbu(m): 6:39am On Feb 15, 2017
dingbang:
Dats how he vowed to reduce the price of cement...

Exactly. And now cement is 2300 -2400.

Well, he should start first sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by dingbang(m): 6:41am On Feb 15, 2017
DaudaAbu:

Exactly. And now cement is 2300 -2400.

Well, he should start first sha
no! He wants to own every business in Nigeria... Dats his mission and when he does, she shoots up the price leaving everyone frustrated

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by Onnasucs1(m): 6:49am On Feb 15, 2017
Crash the price With substandard rice right?

Just like he is crashing it with his substandard spaghetti and satchet tomatoes.

Dangote, we don't need food products from you, just give us building materials.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by Firefire(m): 6:49am On Feb 15, 2017
He should crash pride of Cement first...

Bloody Capitalist.

17 Likes

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by loopmangoat(m): 6:55am On Feb 15, 2017
Whoever believes this fraudstar named dangote should have his brain checked

29 Likes

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by rusher14: 6:57am On Feb 15, 2017
You guys complain way too much.

Produce your own rice, spaghetti, etc to compete with him.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by kabrud: 6:58am On Feb 15, 2017
rusher14:
You guys complain way too much.

Produce your own rice, spaghetti, etc to compete with him.
I just taya

17 Likes

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by malton: 7:03am On Feb 15, 2017
loopmangoat:
Whoever believes this fraudstar named dangote should have his brain checked

And you expect them to believe a nuisance who can't even help himself?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by owobokiri(m): 7:06am On Feb 15, 2017
The same way you "crashed" the price of cement? Economic terrorist

12 Likes

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by Justiyke4u: 7:13am On Feb 15, 2017
Is it that some people cannot just make one single comment without the word "the children of hate" or referring to a particular region be it any region with the intent to tribalise their comment? I think this is the most stupid and unguarded way to always express your opinion. It is immature and appalling at the same time. I just read one now and you can't read comments again without seeing such.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by Greatfuture: 7:18am On Feb 15, 2017
a wise man,why wont he be rich,he sees opportunity in everything,now the ban on rice importation he invested in rice production and mill,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by tdbankplc: 7:20am On Feb 15, 2017
I will crash the price of transportation before the years ends, I hope u guys praise me also. Awon liars

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by loopmangoat(m): 7:24am On Feb 15, 2017
malton:

And you expect them to believe a nuisance who can't even help himself?

10 Likes

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by faithugo64(f): 7:26am On Feb 15, 2017
This man get business brain die

He sure sees this as an opportunity to get more money into his pocket

Thumbs up

But abeg

Give us rice not something wey resemble rice

5 Likes

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 15, 2017
grin
Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by Omudia11: 8:17am On Feb 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 8:17am On Feb 15, 2017
the people suffering will always condemn any effort made my individuals/govt to ameliorate the current situation...but how will nigeria get better with this criticism?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by MrGreenMavro: 8:17am On Feb 15, 2017
wink
Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 15, 2017
faithugo64:
This man get business brain die

He sure sees this as an opportunity to get more money into his pocket

Thumbs up

But abeg

Give us rice not something wey resemble rice

After getting more than enough to feed him throughout his lifetime. He's still seizing every opportunity to extol from the poor. Let him carry his money to heaven..#bullshit

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 15, 2017
I can never be as poor as dangote

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by tboyO2: 8:18am On Feb 15, 2017
Gullible man dangote

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by sakalisis(m): 8:18am On Feb 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by nabegibeg: 8:19am On Feb 15, 2017
When will these yeye people stop lying haba

Una no dey fear God
Re: Dangote To Launch Rice Mill In Nigeria by Xaddy(m): 8:20am On Feb 15, 2017
Another genius from this man. But people needs not forget that business is all about taking risks. For example; Dangote started out a Tomato paste making company and at the same very moment he first started a Tomato Scarcity but next came the devastating Tomato Ebola endemic that all buy shutdown his Co....

I think the next thing he needs to branch out to is Construction, push out some inferior foreign construction Co...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls. I Have 300k Which Business Can I Do That Will Give Me 2k - 3k Daily. / My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss / How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.