Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,531 members, 7,837,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

closed - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / closed (9337 Views)

Enugu Begins Daily School Classes On Radio For Students Under Lockdown / (PICTURES) Opportunity For Students Here. To Be Deleted Soon / Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: closed by DrAuthentic: 10:13am On Feb 18, 2017
Compounds are made of two or more kinds of atoms joined to form definite froup while mixture are two element not chemically bonded. 2 alkene or akyne unsaturated hydrocarbons
Re: closed by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 18, 2017
ProlificEric:
QUESTION 4
(a) Differentiate between a compound and a mixture.

(b)An organic compound reacted with bromine water to give a colourless solution. What compound is this?
i suggest that this question be timed, for some might search for the answer online
Re: closed by EEGA: 10:15am On Feb 18, 2017
A compound is a group of elements chemically combined together while a mixture is a group of elements physically combined together. b. The compound is an unsaturated hydrocarbon which is the alkene and alkyne.
Re: closed by ProlificEric(m): 10:15am On Feb 18, 2017
Pls endeavour not to edit the first answer you post as it will lead to authomatic disqualification.
Re: closed by omoosun39(m): 10:17am On Feb 18, 2017
Answer
A compound is always heterogeneous while mixture nay be homogeneous
Compound are chemically combined together and can not be separated by physical means while mixture are not chemically combined together and it can be easily separated by physical means
Re: closed by Netwonder(m): 10:17am On Feb 18, 2017
A mixture is formed when two or more substances are physically mixed together.

A compound is formed when two or more substances are chemically combined through a chemical reaction.
Re: closed by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 18, 2017
A compound is made up of more than one chemical element chemically bonded together with the resultant compound chemically and physically differents from the reacting elements
A mixture is made up of more than one substance physical mixed together with no distinct chemical change from the original constituents. The mixture has a mixture of the physical properties of each of constituents.
2. The compound is an alkene. E.g ethene
Re: closed by Netwonder(m): 10:20am On Feb 18, 2017
The answer for (b) is alkyne
Re: closed by Johnsonibx(m): 10:22am On Feb 18, 2017
Compound is formed when two or more elements are chemically combine together e.g C+O2-Co2 WHILE Mixture is form when two or more elements are physically combine together. It can be easily separated e.g Sand + Water

B. Alkenes
Re: closed by sirqeeboi(m): 10:25am On Feb 18, 2017
A. A compound is substance which contains two or more elements chemically combined together e.g water while a mixture contains two or more constituents which can easily be separated by physical method.

B. Alkyne
Re: closed by omoosun39(m): 10:26am On Feb 18, 2017
B the compound is alkyne
Re: closed by babagydoz(m): 10:27am On Feb 18, 2017
Swegzfreak:
Compound can not be splitter by physical means while mixture can be splited by physical means

B. Alkyne
you modified your answer
CC: prolificeric
Re: closed by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 18, 2017
muktarimusa:
(a) a compound is a homogenous mixture of two or more elements, while a mixture is an inhomogenous mixture
(b) Iodine solution
you just grouped mixtures into homogenous and inhomogenous mixtures. You classified a compound as a mixture rather than differentiate them.
I guess we will be having a new winner today. cheesy
Re: closed by Swegzfreak: 10:29am On Feb 18, 2017
babagydoz:
you modified your answer
CC: prolificeric

How? Your proof?

You don't even know if I was correct enemy of hate...

Re: closed by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 18, 2017
DrAuthentic:
Compounds are made of two or more kinds of atoms joined to form definite froup while mixture are two element not chemically bonded. 2 alkene or akyne unsaturated hydrocarbons
must a mixture be only between elements? Can't we have sand+ iron mixture or mud+water mixture, cofee+milk mixture? At least sand is made up of elements and compound.
Also your definition of mixture tells us that the elements are not chemically bonded, it however doesn't tell us if they are physically bonded or not.
You know... A spoon of sodium and a bottle of chlorine could be away from each other in a room.
They are not chemically bonded at that point but that doesn't mean they are physically "mixed" either.
Re: closed by babagydoz(m): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2017
Swegzfreak:

How? Your proof?

You don't even know if I was correct enemy of hate...
I dont care if you were correct or not...
There was no answer to the second question when you first answered
Re: closed by Swegzfreak: 10:37am On Feb 18, 2017
babagydoz:
I dont care if you were correct or not...
There was no answer to the second question when you first answered

All the best bro.. Check my phone time when I screenshot it...
Its your head ache though...

1 Like

Re: closed by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 18, 2017
Some answers are complete but not completely correct; some are correct but incomplete, they either answer 1 or 2.
Why una dey rush na
Re: closed by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 18, 2017
Sinestroo:

you just grouped mixtures into homogenous and inhomogenous mixtures. You classified a compound as a mixture rather than differentiate them.
I guess we will be having a new winner today. cheesy
lol... let others chaw this one.
Although i didn't google the answers sha.....i know many used google.
Re: closed by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 18, 2017
Sinestroo:
A compound is made up of more than one chemical element chemically bonded together with the resultant compound chemically and physically differents from the reacting elements
A mixture is made up of more than one substance physical mixed together with no distinct chemical change from the original constituents. The mixture has a mixture of the physical properties of each of constituents.
2. The compound is an alkene. E.g ethene
but why did it too you soooo long to post this small answer grin grin grin grin undecided undecided undecided
Re: closed by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 18, 2017
muktarimusa:

but why did it too you soooo long to post this small answer grin grin grin grin undecided undecided undecided
I drop out for Ss2. I no do organic chem for ss3. So I just try remember small when dem been dey teach my seniors for school that year
I been see the question late sha
Re: closed by DrAuthentic: 10:52am On Feb 18, 2017
Sinestroo:

must a mixture be only between elements? Can't we have sand+ iron mixture or mud+water mixture, cofee+milk mixture? At least sand is made up of elements and compound.
Also your definition of mixture tells us that the elements are not chemically bonded, it however doesn't tell us if they are physically bonded or not.
You know... A spoon of sodium and a bottle of chlorine could be away from each other in a room.
They are not chemically bonded at that point but that doesn't mean they are physically "mixed" either.
I leave it to the umpire to judge. Nemo judex in casua sua-no one can be the judge in his own case. Thanks.
Re: closed by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 18, 2017
DrAuthentic:

I leave it to the umpire to judge. Nemo judex in casua sua-no one can be the judge in his own case. Thanks.
lol. I wan fault everybody answer so my own go be the first correct answer. wink
Re: closed by Olusharp(m): 10:57am On Feb 18, 2017
a. DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMPOUND AND MIXTURE: COMPOUND 1. It is a pure substance. 2. It can not be separated by physical method. 3. Element loose their properties in a compound. 4. Its composition is fixed through out its mass. 5. It has fixed melting point. MIXTURE 1. It is an impure substance. 2. It can be separate by physical method. 3. Substances forming mixture retain their properties. 4. It has no fixed composition. 5. It has no sharp melting point.
b. the answer is alkyne
Re: closed by ProlificEric(m): 11:13am On Feb 18, 2017
Keep the answers coming. If there is a winner, he/she will be declared by 6 pm today,
Re: closed by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 18, 2017
muktarimusa:

the statement is directed strictly to sinestro...primarily due to how he ridiculed my victory yesterday. but if you have genuine math problem, you can whatsapp me on ....( NB: don't just send gibberish to test my maths prowess)
Re: closed by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
Sinestroo:

lol. I wan fault everybody answer so my own go be the first correct answer. wink
you this guy...shey you know say you suppose to give me half of the yesterday's prize. cos i was the first to post half of the correct answer. (which was 40320)
Re: closed by ProlificEric(m): 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
Time for today's winner to be declared.
Re: closed by Johnsonibx(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
OP where are you is already 6pm
Re: closed by ProlificEric(m): 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2017
The answer to today's question is:
(a) A compound is a substance that contains two or more elements chemically combined together e.g water.
Re: closed by ProlificEric(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
The answer to the b part of the question is alkyne
Re: closed by ProlificEric(m): 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
A mixture is a substance that contains two or more constituents which can be easily separated by a physical method

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Project Topics In English Language / 61th Rugular Result Of N.d.a Kaduna Is Out. / Physics Topics For Ss1,ss2 And Ss3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.