Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

closed - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / closed (9608 Views)

Enugu Begins Daily School Classes On Radio For Students Under Lockdown / (PICTURES) Opportunity For Students Here. To Be Deleted Soon / Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: closed by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:23am On Feb 19, 2017
A) Separation Technique Is A Method Use In Separatiog Constituent Of A Mixture

Importance Of Separation Technique Is, It Help In Separating The Constituents Of A Mixture

B) *Dissolution Of The Mixture In Water,
*Filtration Of The Mixture
*And Evaporation Of The Resulting Solution From The Filtration Process
Re: closed by sirqeeboi(m): 10:24am On Feb 19, 2017
Separation techniques is use in separating two or more different substance or mixture.

The main important of separation techniques is to retains its individual properties.

B. Evaporation
Crystallization
Fractional
Precipitation

S
Re: closed by emmahoney(m): 10:28am On Feb 19, 2017
Rickcutie:
QUESTION 4
(a)What do you understand by the term separation technique and what is the main importance of separation technique?
(b)Mention the separation techniques in the right order invoved in the separation of a mixture of sugar and sulphur.

(a) Separation technique is a physical method used to separate components of a particular mixture. The main importance of separation technique is to isolate one substance from the other and also to obtain sample of pure substances

(b) Dissolution of the mixture in water followed by filtration and finally evaporation. Sulphur will be left on the filter paper while sugar will come with the solution. Sugar can then be recovered using evaporation to dryness.
Re: closed by EEGA: 10:30am On Feb 19, 2017
Separation technique is a method or methods employed in the separation of different constituents of a mixture.The technique employed makes use of the physical properties of their constituents.Importance:It is used for removing impurities because a mixture is an impure substance.b.)Dissolution in water:By this we get the solid sulphur because sulphur is insoluble in water and sugar is soluble.Evaporation:This is to get the solid sugar out of the water.Note:Sulphur can only dissolve in carbon iv sulphide and methyl benzene(toluene).
Re: closed by sirqeeboi(m): 10:36am On Feb 19, 2017
Rickcutie:
Happy sunday. Today's question is by 10 am.

Am yet to receive my prize smiley
Re: closed by Rickcutie(m): 10:42am On Feb 19, 2017
sirqeeboi:

Am yet to receive my prize smiley
Patience. U'll receive it today or tomorrow. I'm having issues transfering money this weekend. If the issue is rectified, u'll receive it today. If not u'll definitely receive it tomorrow.
Re: closed by Rickcutie(m): 10:46am On Feb 19, 2017
Keep your answers coming. Winner be declared by 6 p today.
Re: closed by sirqeeboi(m): 10:47am On Feb 19, 2017
Rickcutie:
Patience. U'll receive it today or tomorrow. I'm having issues transfering money this weekend. If the issue is rectified, u'll receive it today. If not u'll definitely receive it tomorrow.

Okay...no problem then..thanks so much
Re: closed by kinxlink(m): 11:21am On Feb 19, 2017
A separation technique is a method to achieve any phenomenon that converts a mixture of chemical substance into two or more distinct product mixtures, which may be referred to as mixture, at least one of which is enriched in one or more of the mixture's constituents.

Importance: The purpose of a separation technique may be analytical,can be used as a lie components in the original mixture without any attempt to save the fractions, or may be preparative, i.e. to "prepare" fractions or samples of the components that can be saved.

B: Dissolution
Filtration
Evaporation
Crystallization
Drying of sulphur.
Re: closed by Olusharp(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2017
how will we that are non science be able to gain from this now...?
Re: closed by ProlificEric(m): 12:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
Olusharp:
how will we that are non science be able to gain from this now...?
Which one are you?
Re: closed by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
wen dis thread was started the op said technical question would be posted, as at nw all i see are primary clasz questions
Re: closed by Aegerine: 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
Re: closed by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
Allocsoluwatosi:
wen dis thread was started the op said technical question would be posted, as at nw all i see are primary clasz questions
He wants many persons to benefit from this. If he keeps asking technical questions then we will be having only 1 or 2 unique winners.
Re: closed by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
nnamdi1998:
im don answer your questions?
Re: closed by Olusharp(m): 2:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
ProlificEric:
Which one are you?
I am an accounting student o...
Re: closed by ProlificEric(m): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
Olusharp:
I am an accounting student o...
Noted
Re: closed by GambaOsaka: 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
Separation techniques are methods which utilizes the difference in physical properties such as billing point, solubility, mass, charge , density etc, and chemical properties of the various constituents of a mixture, as a tool to separate the mixture into its components.

A mixture of sugar and sulphur can be separated using the following chronologically ordered separation techniques steps:
1. The mixture of dissolved in warm water.
2. The resulting solution is filtered .
3. The residue on the filter paper is dried (Sulphur component is recovered)
4. The filtrate (containing the sugar dissolved in water ) is separated by crystallization. This involves adding more sugar to the mixture to obtain a supersaturated solution which will later be cooled and the sugar content will crystallize out of the solution .
Re: closed by sirqeeboi(m): 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
A1.Separation techniques is the method use, when a mixture that contains two or more different substances are separated so as to retains its individual properties.

A2. The importance of separation techniques is for a substance to retains its individual properties. E.g mixture of suga undecidedr and water.we can get our sugar back when evaporation takes place.

B . Evaporation
Crystallization
Fractional distillation
Precipitation.
Re: closed by Rickcutie(m): 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
Answer to today's question....
(a) separation techniques are methods employed in separating a mixture into its constituents parts. The main importance of separation techniques is to obtain pure substances or to purify substances.
Re: closed by Rickcutie(m): 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
(b) To separate a mixture of sugar and sulphur, first dissolve the mixture in water. Sugar is soluble in water but sulphur is not. Next filter it. Then evapoarate the filtrate to dryness to recover the sugar.
The answer to part b is thus: dissolution in water, filteration and eveaporation.
Re: closed by Rickcutie(m): 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
The first person to post the correct and complete answer is emmahoney. He's today's winner.
Re: closed by Rickcutie(m): 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
@today's winner, drop your email here and use it to send your account to ericworld160@yahoo.com
Re: closed by emmahoney(m): 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
Rickcutie:
The first person to post the correct and complete answer is emmahoney. He's today's winner.
Wow!! This is unbelievable. I really appreciate you bro. More power to your elbow. My highest regards for the great job you are doing.
Re: closed by emmahoney(m): 6:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
Rickcutie:
@today's winner, drop your email here and use it to send your account to ericworld160@yahoo.com
okeemmanuel4divinefavour@gmail.com.
Re: closed by Allocsoluwatosi(m): 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Sinestroo:

He wants many persons to benefit from this. If he keeps asking technical questions then we will be having only 1 or 2 unique winners.
still op should rather post questns that are not necessarily difficult but brain tasking.
Re: closed by ProudArewa: 11:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
Next question....my blood the hot
Re: closed by Mznaett: 10:03am On Feb 20, 2017
Oga Eric,no question today?
Re: closed by Rickcutie(m): 10:15am On Feb 20, 2017
Sorry guys there will be no question today. Antispam bot banned my prolificeric moniker. It seems a rule is been broken here. I've sent a pm to the mods, If the issue is rectified i will continue.
Re: closed by Rickcutie(m): 10:21am On Feb 20, 2017
Check back tommorow by 10 am
Re: closed by emmahoney(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2017
Rickcutie:
Check back tommorow by 10 am
Bro, I have not heard from you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

OMG! Where These Students Were Caught Studying Will Shock You (photos) / Unilag HOD E. A. Bassey Dies Of Heart Attack / School Railing Collapses In Lagos, Injuring 8 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.