Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job (2147 Views)

What Will You Say If The Interviewer Says "You Have 10 Minutes To Impress Me? / Don't Tell The Interviewer About Yourself, This Is What He Really Wants To Hear / Don't Tell The Interviewer About Yourself, This Is What He Really Wants To Hear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by lifeispeace: 10:51am On Feb 15, 2017
Good morning nairalanders...

I'm in dilemma now, I attended an interview yesterday at one company (name withheld)
Let's just cut the long story short, I was very outstanding in all ramifications as I intelligently answered all their questions, I was perfect according to my standard..

When I was done and was about leaving the secretary called me and told me to drop my number..
Unsuspecting as I was I dropped the number..it was later in the evening that the man called and said he was among the panel of interviewer's that In their company,before you get a job you have to pass through some back doors except you have connections with top workers..
I was now like what exactly should I do sir and he was like I should see him this evening at so do and so hotel...I politely told him I'll see if I can make it and hung up...I didn't see him eventually

This has been bothering me ...
I really need thus job as I don't have any means of survival and the company is quite nice with good working conditions...

I ask myself has the Nigerian system gotten this corrupted?
I seriously need your advice on this embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 15, 2017
Seriously i dont think you need any advice, except you really want to go through the back door..Keep calm and believe God for the job, you have done your part,let God do His own part..

The secretary's call might even be a trap to see how honest you are. Dont sell your integrity for a morsel of meat..

Goodluck dear..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by Xxpress(m): 11:11am On Feb 15, 2017
This is serious. your self belief should guide you here
Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by BiafranBushBoy: 11:15am On Feb 15, 2017
lifeispeace:

I'm in dilemma now, I attended an interview yesterday at one company (name withheld)
Let's just cut the long story short, I was very outstanding in all ramifications as I intelligently answered all their questions, I was perfect according to my standard..

When I was done and was about leaving the secretary called me and told me to drop my number..
Unsuspecting as I was I dropped the number..it was later in the evening that the man called and said he was among the panel of interviewer's that In their company,before you get a job you have to pass through some back doors except you have connections with top workers..
I was now like what exactly should I do sir and he was like I should see him this evening at so do and so hotel...I politely told him I'll see if I can make it and hung up...I didn't see him eventually

I really need thus job as I don't have any means of survival and the company is quite nice with good working conditions...

This last girl that dropped this kind of symphatetic statement, we later discovered her to be a scam.

Let's watch out for you too..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by pat1612(m): 11:26am On Feb 15, 2017
Dont start something that you cant stop later on. Think this way might be you are already selected and he's just trying to take advantage of situation.
Also as per my understanding you are desperate to get job and you are even thinking of going.Rather then sweating in hotel room please use your energy to find new job if you dont get this one.

Just my view i can lecture but will not its your choice. In my view if you are not desperate for job report him to management wether you get job or not but still someone naive and desperate job seeker young lady like you caņ be saved from predators like this one.

3 Likes

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 15, 2017
Why are you confused abeg? Any Lady who is not interested won't be confused. God Gave you the Puna so the decision is yours to make
Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by amicable09(f): 11:43am On Feb 15, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

This last girl that dropped this kind of symphatetic statement, we later discovered her to be a scam.

Let's watch out for you too..
Somehow you just said what I was going to say. Only that in your case, it is milder cheesy

Her luck!

7 Likes

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by amicable09(f): 11:55am On Feb 15, 2017
Oh well, if I don't say what I think about this topic in question then it will be a miss! cheesy

To start with, OP went for an interview and she answered the questions thrown at her intelligently. She claims it is a "nice" company and so I'm going to call it reputable. But, something is wrong somewhere and doesn't quite add up.

When you said you were told by the Secretary to drop your number, please, isn't your number on your CV? Why will anybody still ask for your number when your CV is right there with them in the building? I put it to you that you are lying or you just want to make false allegations against 'the withheld name' company.

Please, if you are trying to spoil the image of Nigeria's corporate institutions in public, do it with conscience. I don't like that too many threads like this especially by unsuspecting females litter this forum. If we dig deep, this may just be another story from Nollywood. The world is watching. We are corrupt enough. Don't add more to our issues.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by BiafranBushBoy: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
amicable09:

Somehow you just said what I was going to say. Only that in your case, it is milder cheesy

Her luck!

Lol... Amicable!!

You wanted me to rain fire and brimstone?..

Let's reserve it yet dear
Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by agrovick(m): 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
Another one...
Let me reserve a ViP seat for when it is going to go down grin

1 Like

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by macanthony25(m): 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
Follow your mind
Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by amicable09(f): 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Lol... Amicable!!

You wanted me to rain fire and brimstone?..

Let's reserve it yet dear
Lol... No, not fire and brimstone, just lightning cheesy.

As a female, nothing angers me more than seeing other females come out in public to make themselves object of ridicule in a bid to curry favour or gain sympathy. I don't like it.

Intelligent ladies, quote me anywhere, will never get such cheap calls, never! We were given brains before our breasts began to develop. I expect us to use it accordingly.

Pardon me, this sorta thing makes me mad.
Ask Sola David-Borha how she rose to the top, and you'll never hear her mention accepting or rejecting sexual advances from anyone! No one dares pop such silly stuff to a lady who has more than a beautiful face.

6 Likes

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by BiafranBushBoy: 12:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
amicable09:

Lol... No, not fire and brimstone, just lightning cheesy.

As a female, nothing angers me more than seeing other females come out in public to make themselves object of ridicule in a bid to curry favour or gain sympathy. I don't like it.

Intelligent ladies, quote me anywhere, will never get such cheap calls, never! We were given brains before our breasts began to develop. I expect us to use it accordingly.

Pardon me, this sorta thing makes me mad.
Ask Sola David-Borha how she rose to the top, and you'll never hear her mention accepting or rejecting sexual advances from anyone! No one dares pop such silly stuff to a lady who has more than a beautiful face.

I bet my life savings that the Op isn't anywhere close to being a female!!!

I stake all I have!!... Her story is filled with lotta contradictions...

Op's apart.

Are you in Lag?

2 Likes

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by Mackin: 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2017
lifeispeace:

My sister,if u didn't take back door b4 u shortlisted among large pool of applicants why now?
Doz it mean the sectarian can't get ur contact on ur CV or other wise.wat is the relationship between u and the secretary b4 she or he requested for ur number?
If it is real,Jesus face trial from Satan I think they are just just given u another trial interview in my own few ooooh.
If u get tired,learn how to rest not quite.

2 Likes

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by EasyMind(m): 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
What I can sense from this OP's post is that she has done it already(I mean don give the man free ride)... OP swear say you never do am

undecided

1 Like

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by amicable09(f): 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I bet my life savings that the Op isn't anywhere close to being a female!!!

I stake all I have!!... Her story is filled with lotta contradictions...

Op's apart.

Are you in Lag?
You're right. OP in short didn't experience this. Just trying to play on our intelligence.

Yes, I'm in Lagos. The centre of excellence grin

1 Like

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by BiafranBushBoy: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2017
amicable09:

You're right. OP in short didn't experience this. Just trying to play on our intelligence.

Yes, I'm in Lagos. The centre of excellence grin

There are lots of similarities between this story and that of the other girl that scammed people.

Secretary, Man called her...

Meet him in a hotel...

The end result was that she scammed people off their hard earned money... Nonsense people.. Lol.

Can I send you a pm? Hope you are cool with it.
Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by amicable09(f): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

There are lots of similarities between this story and that of the other girl that scammed people.

Secretary, Man called her...

Meet him in a hotel...

The end result was that she scammed people off their hard earned money... Nonsense people.. Lol.

Can I send you a pm? Hope you are cool with it.
Oh! That's sad.
Why people do such stuff is what I don't know. Even in a faceless forum like this, I think "Goodwill". Can't trade that for cheap gold.

Errr... about the PM, you can but that's if you are cool with getting a reply after about a week. More or less cheesy.
Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by ednut1(m): 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2017
u must be silly, u went to recycle an old scam thread abi
Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by BiafranBushBoy: 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2017
amicable09:

Oh! That's sad.
Why people do such stuff is what I don't know. Even in a faceless forum like this, I think "Goodwill". Can't trade that for cheap gold.

Errr... about the PM, you can but that's if you are cool with getting a reply after about a week. More or less cheesy.

https://www.nairaland.com/3446674/open-letter-nigerian-recruiters#50765053===> This thread was written by amicable09 cheesy cheesy

I will modify it to Open letter to Nairaland girls who reply messages after a week cheesy cheesy

See ya later and reply fast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by Collins4u1(m): 11:07pm On Jun 18, 2017
Seems like you greased him afterall..

was that why your service were no longer required
Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by MYMINDER(m): 1:11am On Jul 01, 2017
This peaceislife is a SCAMMER. Confirmed! I hope no one sent money under false pretenses.
Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by Nobody: 1:29am On Jul 01, 2017
MYMINDER:
This peaceislife is a SCAMMER. Confirmed! I hope no one sent money under false pretenses.

Pls how did this story bcome a scam eventually?
Re: Interviewer: Grease Me And Get A Job by lifeispeace: 6:16am On Jul 01, 2017
MYMINDER:
i hope what you are doing will haunt you so bad..
what impression have I given you that I'm a scammerr...
this is so absurd

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Convert My Microsoft Cv Format To A Pdf Cv Format / Invitation For Nigerian Bottling Company By Dragnet. Who Is With Me? / Ongoing Recruitment At Channels Television, 1st February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.