Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced (70624 Views)

Just Got Posted To Kano State. I'm Sad Mehn / Gombe Corper Dies In Accident On His Way To Taraba (Photos) / What Corpers Serving In Fuk, Gombe Are Passing Through (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by 01mcfadden(m): 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
That's how we roll here.
So so pathetic!
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by signature2012(m): 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Naija.......Too much nepotism.

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Karlman: 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
...mediocrity is d soul of dis con3! imagine buhari in midst of 170 million people.

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by spartan117(m): 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
ugochukwufrenzy:
must u quote d whole post..nıgerıans sef.
I tire 4 them o
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by nabegibeg: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
naija i hail thee
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by dangwarmai(m): 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
This is how u will change this country to better by force and unexpected.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by agulion: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
size is never a yastic for success, Elrufai comes to mind
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by didimilano: 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2017
For me that's how God works oh, He's the only one that can break protocol like that. She was favoured. They tried to take it from her but God still showed His supremacy again.
Believe it or not, it's God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by bedspread: 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2017
IF U HAVE GOD GENUINELY, NO MATTER THE MANUPULATIONS, YOU WILL NOT BE REJECTED

2 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by GlowithGod(f): 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
Oooh! God oh, I wish to give dis kind testimony too in my job search

3 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Adesina12: 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
I have a similar case when I was posted to CBN Lagos

They told me I came late same day we left camp and I reported in CBN

I have no choice than to look for another place to serve and later went to change my PPA letter

It is been long this is happening

They have turn everything to family affairs

Name it NNPC, CBN, Immigration, etc

6 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by sirusX(m): 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Normal cycle
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by columbus007(m): 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
A daugher of a nobody such dehumanising word OMG shocked

3 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by LordAdam16: 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by airminem(f): 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
cc: Nobody
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by nkemdi89(f): 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
One of my senior colleague said during her interview they asked her who link her to the job she mentioned sanni abacha and that was how she got the job.

2 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Musampa73(m): 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
This one weak me

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by spacyzuma(m): 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
I experienced something similar when I was posted to Airtel, VI for my NYSC.

I was turned down too. My 2nd PPA Rejection in Lagos.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by shumuel(m): 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
sammyscholar:
bro talk am na.

Wait o, Mr Ajayi was still the NYSC State co-ordinator back then now, isn't it ?
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Kunlexity(m): 3:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
Corruption everywhere.It is even against the ethics of the scheme for any PPA to conduct an exam for any corps member before they can be absorbed.

1 Like

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by GlowithGod(f): 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
hmm, ooh
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by madridguy(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
NESTLE PLC, AT AGBARA LAGOS DID WORST TO A FRIEND OF MINE JUST LAST YEAR.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by iyobs7(f): 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
So true. Did IT at NNPC abuja 2010 and beleive me we all had sponsors that were workers inside NNPC to be accepted and the funny thing is that we don't do anything else but to run errands and carry files from one office to the other, help send funds to family members and so on. There was a day I was given £4000 to send to the husband of one of the madam I was under, God knows I was tempted.

Money dey this country but flowing amongst privileged few.

5 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Setaje(f): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
And the latest nnpc recruitment, they have started....... lipsrsealed

God dey!!!!
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Guyman02: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thats why CBN, FIRS, EFCC, NNPC, PENCOM, PTDf and some other juicy agencies are reserved for the children of the elite while N-POWER is for everybody.
The most annoying part is that many on this forum will still defend the same elite perpetrating this crimes based on sentiments and nepotism whenever there is some political maneuvering not in their favour

10 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Krisddon: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
It wasn't a mistake but a divine providence. Remember u got there but were rejected. On your way out, u finally met who helped you. A perfect example of what will be, will be.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by zinaunreal(m): 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Same thing happened to me at bristow interview..... I dey come

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by 1daboi: 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Same thing happened to me. I was posted to a ministry in Lagos, on getting there the Yoruba woman was like "omo IBO" who sent you here?" I said Nysc . she laughed and was like open up! Tell me who sent you here! I said nobody but Nysc . she said ok that I should come next week. I left , my instinct now told me to just hang around which I obeyed. As I stood outside her office, another Yoruba female corper came and told me she's posted here too that I should tell her how she's gonna register . I assisted her go through the whole process but to my greatest surprise, when she got to the woman's table they exchanged pleasantries in their local dialect and she was asked to resume tomorrow. She came out happy ,thanking me for my assistance. I angrily went back there only to discover she wrote my name with a pencil while girl's name was written with Biro. I raised alarm , she called security to throw me out but thank God that as I was still giving the security hard time, the permant secretary walked in and that was how I was apologised to and had my name written with Biro and was asked to resume tomorrow. If not , my name would have been erased and replaced. Thank God

9 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
didimilano:
For me that's how God works oh, He's the only one that can break protocol like that. She was favoured. They tried to take it from her but God still showed His supremacy again.
Believe it or not, it's God.

lol wetin concern God with that poo.

I doubt if she will ever grow in that organization. Don't take up a job in a hostile environment, it will stress you out.

2 Likes

Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by Papertrail11(m): 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
see this yeye northerns cum girl pising roadside piece of shyte forming cabal untop naija Delta's oil mo' foh ohhh

it is in their blood and the sad thing be say them no no natin.
Re: How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced by lonelydora: 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
That 2005 was when many people I know got job in NNPC. Obasanjo was very transparent with that year's recruitment. I miss Obasanjo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muhammad Musa And Hauwa Bagudu: 2 Corpers Wed In Kano (Photos) / NYSC Current Allowance For States In Nigeria (2014) / Fish Seller Buys A Car As She Completes Her NYSC (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.