Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Oshiomole Blames PDP Over The Resignation Of 3 Commissioners. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Blames PDP Over The Resignation Of 3 Commissioners. (585 Views)

Rivers State Re-run Election: Police deploy 6,000 personnel, 3 commissioners / Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole / Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomole Blames PDP Over The Resignation Of 3 Commissioners. by kosovo(m): 7:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
Oshiomhole, during a press conference marking his first anniversary in office said the resignation was orchestrated by the leadership of the PDP.

The governor commended the PDP Commissioners for the services they rendered to people of the state stressing that their appointment in the first place was because of his desire to work with all groups in running the affairs of government in the state.

“We thank them for the services they rendered. The fact that I could allow Chief Tony Anenih to recommend three commissioners to me even when I knew he presided over the rigging of my election was a I demonstrated statesmanship by saying we should put the past behind.”

“ If you take my vote and God has retrieved it for us, who am I to nurse bitterness. I want to work with everybody. He actually wanted more and I said three is enough for you.”

He explained further that it was the leadership of the opposition PDP that forced the former executive council members to resign “after my statement at the stadium (for AC major rally) where I made hard facts,and he knew once I was in that mood that the game was over.”, describing them as victims of political cross fire.

“The father and the son had to fight it out. He knew what was going to follow and of course he advised the commissioners to resign before they get fired. I would have drop them due to poor performance. I didn’t want to do that. Government should not engage individuals. I still thank them for their services. They were victim of cross fire. They came in under then policy that say demonstrated that you are not bitter. Even those in AC were not happy. The only way I can show that I am not bitter was to accommodate. They came in and left in the manner that they did.”

Oshiomhole however said there was “no cause for alarm as there was nobody in Edo State who is in doubt that the decision were not politically motivated.”
Click Here For More. . .
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP Over The Resignation Of 3 Commissioners. by snowdrops(m): 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2009
He should speak less and do more.
Edo state is still underachieving.
If we wanted an MC as a governor we would have voted "i go dye" or "alibaba".
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP Over The Resignation Of 3 Commissioners. by brownbonno(m): 8:03pm On Dec 07, 2009
kosovo:

. I would have drop them due to poor performance.
Click Here For More. . .

(1) (Reply)

2011: AC Leaders Plot To Capture Power In South-south / Breaking News!mallam Nasir Ahmad El-rufai Returns To Nigeria December 27th 2009. / Ex-head Of State Buhari Commends Lagos Governor Fashola.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.