Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

...... - Islam for Muslims (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / ...... (216663 Views)

Angels Of Mercy: Some Of The Houses They Do Not Enter / It's Delusional & Sign Of Apostasy To Believe Angels Are Caught On Video Camera / Differences Between Angels And Jinn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ...... by IMAliyu(m): 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:
Yes, it's not Shaitan and No it's not the prophet.
Probably a man you saw in one of the movies you watched when you were younger.
You didn't see the prophet in your dream.
Ok thanks.
Re: ...... by Dreydoe(m): 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:
Yes, it's not Shaitan and No it's not the prophet.
Probably a man you saw in one of the movies you watched when you were younger.
You didn't see the prophet in your dream.
His dream reminded me of a dream i had in my service year.

I was very connected with English Quran(commentary and haidth)

Even tho i was born into a islam family
I was practically olodo.( i know there are plentiful people still in this stage) Get help

So at my NYSC stage, i just got unveiled to the reality of life.

I was like a newborn baby that was just discovering Milk for the first time
My eyes just got unveiled with the reality.

I had a dream also of a man somewhat like dat, i can't really remember his apperance vividly again but it was something spectacular and was dressed in white.. He had such a dignified presence!

And he told me.. Don't worry just obey my instructions, do good and dont do sins. In that dream.. In my naïveness

I was like who are you?
Who are you?
Are yiuy God?
You are God?
I got no reply from him
Him: just do what i said.
Me: you are God.
You are God
And he ws just looking at me

I was just overwhelmed in that dream. I kept on rejoicing in that dream dat av spoken to God and i woke up in that state.
( astaghfirullah) La ilaha illa anta, Subhanaka, Inni kuntu minaz-zalimin (There is none worthy of Worship besides You, You are far exalted and above all weaknesses, Surely, I’ am from among the wrongdoers)

Having more knowledge about islam now. I was very Naive in that dream and stage of my life.

I know better now.

Its still a good dream anywais
So i wont brush off his dream
As long as he wasnt commanded to do anything against islam principles tho.

3 Likes

Re: ...... by Rahimat27: 6:26am On Jun 15, 2019
Dreydoe:
i cant say it is or not oooo..

I have a theory tho but first on a scale of 100% how will you grade ur deen? How practicing are you?

60%
Re: ...... by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 15, 2019
Please what is the meaning of this

Re: ...... by Dreydoe(m): 9:28am On Jun 15, 2019
Rahimat27:
60%

Try and make it 99%
The barakah is in you trying to accomplished that feet.

I saw a post where u said, u usually dream of yourself performing abultion ND praying. Its a beautiful dream
A beautiful reminder.

Just brace up in real time
Re: ...... by IMAliyu(m): 11:22am On Jun 15, 2019
yusburg:
A lot of these are drawn or made by people.
Allah doesn't need to put the Arabic text of his name on the surface of objects just to show people he exists and people should stop doing this stuff.
I can remember seeing a lot of these during my Facebook days and a lot of them appeared to be man made or Photoshopped.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Rahimat27: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2019
Dreydoe:

Try and make it 99%
The barakah is in you trying to accomplished that feet.

I saw a post where u said, u usually dream of yourself performing abultion ND praying. Its a beautiful dream
A beautiful reminder.

Just brace up in real time

OK thanks

1 Like

Re: ...... by movado19: 11:43am On Jun 15, 2019
yusburg:

This looks like a perversion of the name Allah.
It was carved with (81) found on the left hand and then the double lam is in reverse.
When things like this happen, then someone was commanded to disrespect/dishonour the name in order to gain something worldly in return.
May Allah keep us safe from such, Amin.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2019
IMAliyu:

A lot of these are drawn or made by people.
Allah doesn't need to put the Arabic text of his name on the surface of objects just to show people he exists and people should stop doing this stuff.
I can remember seeing a lot of these during my Facebook days and a lot of them appeared to be man made or Photoshopped.
this is not man made at all because I witnessed it myself,and also it doesn't end there I only ask of this because I don't know the meaning.above it Allah was written there you can see pictures below

Re: ...... by aadoiza: 1:01am On Jun 19, 2019
Empiree:
Wallahi, the picture of this sheikh humbles me. So much knowledge buried under humility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2019
Wow! What an extreme quiet in here lol grin.

Empiree and other sheikhs in the the house I have a question. What is status of hadrat Khidr. Is he prophet of Allah, or a waliy ( perhaps as siddiq )or is he an angel?

Pls let discus this topic. Also his mode of acquisition of knowledge is it revelation like any other prophets or special form of inspiration peculiar to him shocked?

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
LadunaI:

Empi.ree and other sheikhs in the the house I have a question. What is status of hadrat Khidr. Is he prophet of Allah, or a waliy ( perhaps as siddiq )or is he an angel?

All my life I have never believed khidr was a prophet but mere knowledgeable man blessed by Allah. But in recent years after watching numerous lectures like sheikh onikijipa, sheik Assim etc. They affirmed his prophethood with evidence from sura khaf 65 where Allah addresses khidr as His servant. This prompted a new meaning of the Ayah by virtue of their interpretation.

I have always equated khidr to famous powerful non-prophets like status of Maryam (as), ZulQurnain (as) etc

The question I haven't got answer for is, if khidr was prophet why is He not mentioned along with "25prophets" mentioned in the Quran?. Sheikh onikijipa would say "anobi khdiru". I believe the same issue was raised with ikupakuti. He also believes khidr was a prophet.

3 Likes

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2019
LadunaI:

Empiree and other sheikhs in the the house I have a question. What is status of hadrat Khidr. Is he prophet of Allah, or a waliy ( perhaps as siddiq )or is he an angel?

Pls let discus this topic. Also his mode of acquisition of knowledge is it revelation like any other prophets or special form of inspiration peculiar to him shocked?
I read somewhere that Khidr was the first of the Rawaniyahs......

I remember something now, the old Alfas and even some old C&S wolis used to mention rawaniyahs bringing them messages ...

Back to Khidr, I believe Khidr was just made to appear at that time to teach Musa some Valuable lessons, just like the two birds that appeared to teach Habil the son of Adam, how to properly bury his brother.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2019
Empiree:
All my life I have never believed khidr was a prophet but mere knowledgeable man blessed by Allah. But in recent years after watching numerous lectures like sheikh onikijipa, sheik Assim etc. They affirmed his prophethood with evidence from sura khaf 65 where Allah addresses khidr as His servant. This prompted a new meaning of the Ayah by virtue of their interpretation.

I have always equated khidr to famous powerful non-prophets like status of Maryam (as), ZulQurnain (as) etc

The question I haven't got answer for is, if khidr was prophet why is He not mentioned along with "25prophets" mentioned in the Quran?. Sheikh onikijipa would say "anobi khdiru". I believe the same issue was raised with ikupakuti. He also believes khidr was a prophet.
Not all prophets were mentioned in the Quran, I believe we have about 125 of them in total if I'm not mistaken, only 25 were mentioned in the quran
Re: ...... by movado19: 5:36am On Jun 21, 2019
LadunaI:

I grew up thinking and believing that Khidr was a high-status saint and nothing more. However, as of recent, I have come across literature making strong cases of him being a prophet of Allah.

Here is a light read of such persuasion:

Some commentators who have thought of Khiḍr as a prophet, have mainly argued on the basis of the Qur'ānic reference to him as rahma. What does this term, rahma, mean in its Qur'ānic context? As related above the Qur'ān re­lates in S.18:65; Khiḍr is one of those "whom We had blessed". This characterization usually applies to the prophets. Rahma comes from the root RHM meaning ‘womb'. Other translations of S.18:65 include:
And there they found a devotee among Our devotees. We had blessed him with Our grace.
They found one of our servants unto whom we had granted mercy from us.
Similarly, in S.43:32, the Qur'ān, while expounding one of the characteristics of God's prophets, declares them as "the ones who dispense the favour of your Lord" as against those who are seemingly "wealthy" and hold important po­sitions (chiefs) in this world. Here the Qur'ān argues for the Prophet as the one who embodies God's rahma due to God's will alone and not due to any worldly title or position which he did or did not have.
The Qur'ānic usage of rahma here is the same as in 8.18:65. It deals with the quality of being a Rahīm —the "ever-merciful"; the superlative degree of which is applied to God alone. So, God being a Rahīm sends His messengers (and prophets) as symbols of His rahma. And as a result, they become a chan­nel through which God's rahma is dispensed among mankind.
In the second part of the same verse i.e., 18:65b, we read, "and [Khiḍr has been] given knowledge from Us." Sale continues the translation of this verse as, "and whom we had taught wisdom from before us." Amir-Ali puts it as "…and endowed him with knowledge from Our self."
So Khiḍr is a "mercy' from God and he has been given knowledge from God. Here it seems plausible to argue that these qualities certainly allude to his elevated status. To possess divine knowledge is a quality of saints and prophets, but Khiḍr is evidently more than a saint, since he symbolizes God's "mercy" which in the Qur'anic sense clearly refers to prophecy.
Commentators are more or less in agreement that the status of Moses is certainly higher than that of Khiḍr, since he (Moses) is not only a Messenger (rasūl) but also a prophet (nabi), bearer of the divine revelation and provisions of the law. Khiḍr, on the other hand, does not hold these titles, although the Qur'ān calls him a ‘Servant' of God.
Ibn ‘Arabi's account of this encounter also sheds some light on the nature of their relationship, for example, points out that there is an overwhelming emphasis on rank and knowledge…for al-Khadir is aware that Moses hold the exalted rank of Messenger (rasūl) which he, al-Khadir, does not.
However, to analyze the subsequent verse of Sūrat al-Kahf, verse 66, in this context, we find that it deals with Moses' request to he instructed by Khiḍr, which, seemingly at least, puts Khiḍr at a higher position than that of Moses.
This further confirms the status of Khiḍr as a prophet, as mentioned in the previous verse.
The emphasis here is on two key words which perhaps determine the overall meaning of the verse, atabi'ka and tu'allimanī which may have direct bearing upon the status of Khiḍr.
Ahmed Ali translates it as,
"May I attend upon you that you may instruct me in the knowledge you have been taught of the right way?' (emphasis added)
Amir-Ali has translated the key words as,
"May I follow thee so that thou mayst teach me something of thy wisdom?" (emphasis added)
As we can see here the translation of tu’allimani is ‘instruct me' or ‘teach me'. Moses, therefore, is requesting Khiḍr to "instruct" him "in the knowledge of the right way" (S.18:66b).
Since Moses in the Islamic tradition is regarded as a prophet as well as a messenger; bearer of the divine command­ments, and conveyer of God's truth to his people, his seeking of knowledge from a non-prophet does not fit the criterion of the divine wisdom given to all prophets.
A prophet is rahma of God as well as a bearer of the knowledge given to none other than prophets. It can be said that it would not be possible for Khiḍr, firstly, to have knowledge from God, and, secondly, to "instruct" Moses in that knowledge he is given by God, without being a prophet or for that matter rahma himself.
It would be absurd to believe that Moses of all God's messengers was less in knowledge than a non-prophet.
At this point, however, it must be noted that the concept of rahma is closely linked with divine ‘guidance' either in the form of revelation given to the prophets or simply by their mere presence and witness unto mankind.
The prophecy of Khiḍr thus is the ‘prophecy of saintship' (nubuwwatu'l-wilāyat) whereas that of Moses is characterized as the ‘prophecy of institution' (nubuwwatu'l-tashrī)

My overall take is that there is nowhere and no one we cannot learn from, even from babies, kids, children, etc.
The world is a vast school and all are enrolled in it as long as we are here and alive.

2 Likes

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 7:14am On Jun 21, 2019
Empiree:

Yeah I always thought as much that Khidr was a saint rather than a prophet. But evidences presented by scholars that arogue in favour of him to be prophet is overwhelming.

I watched video series of Sheikh Yasir Ghadi exegesis of surat khaf, and he provided good points to support the fact Khidr was a prophet rather than mere wali.

However, his immortality status still raised a lot of argument as in perhaps may be he is an Angel, because no man could be living till eternity or for man y centuries. While some majority of al sunnah scholars believed otherwise (that Khidr is dead) many great Sufi sheikhs encountered with Khidr cannot be brushed aside. I even learnt that the famous Imam An Nawawi had a brief meetings with Khidr also.

No doubt I believe al Khidr is an enigma whose status cannot be less than a prophet!

As per my understanding of how Ikupakuti view Khidr is more or less like a GREAT Saint whose constant devotional activities has transformed him to status of "Rawaniya" lol and equate the like of Asif of prophet Sulaiman era as one of such. He said there are like perm sec for the Prophets.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 7:19am On Jun 21, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:

Not all prophets were mentioned in the Quran, I believe we have about 125 of them in total if I'm not mistaken, only 25 were mentioned in the quran

125 I think they are up to 24,000 Prophets to have been sent to mankind, while only 25 were mentioned in holy Qur'an. And five of them are uuzul Azim.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 7:35am On Jun 21, 2019
movado19:

I grew up thinking and believing that Khidr was a high-status saint and nothing more. However, as of recent, I have come across literature making strong cases of him being a prophet of Allah.

Here is a light read of such persuasion:

Some commentators who have thought of Khiḍr as a prophet, have mainly argued on the basis of the Qur'ānic reference to him as rahma. What does this term, rahma, mean in its Qur'ānic context? As related above the Qur'ān re­lates in S.18:65; Khiḍr is one of those "whom We had blessed". This characterization usually applies to the prophets. Rahma comes from the root RHM meaning ‘womb'. Other translations of S.18:65 include:
And there they found a devotee among Our devotees. We had blessed him with Our grace.
They found one of our servants unto whom we had granted mercy from us.
Similarly, in S.43:32, the Qur'ān, while expounding one of the characteristics of God's prophets, declares them as "the ones who dispense the favour of your Lord" as against those who are seemingly "wealthy" and hold important po­sitions (chiefs) in this world. Here the Qur'ān argues for the Prophet as the one who embodies God's rahma due to God's will alone and not due to any worldly title or position which he did or did not have.
The Qur'ānic usage of rahma here is the same as in 8.18:65. It deals with the quality of being a Rahīm —the "ever-merciful"; the superlative degree of which is applied to God alone. So, God being a Rahīm sends His messengers (and prophets) as symbols of His rahma. And as a result, they become a chan­nel through which God's rahma is dispensed among mankind.
In the second part of the same verse i.e., 18:65b, we read, "and [Khiḍr has been] given knowledge from Us." Sale continues the translation of this verse as, "and whom we had taught wisdom from before us." Amir-Ali puts it as "…and endowed him with knowledge from Our self."
So Khiḍr is a "mercy' from God and he has been given knowledge from God. Here it seems plausible to argue that these qualities certainly allude to his elevated status. To possess divine knowledge is a quality of saints and prophets, but Khiḍr is evidently more than a saint, since he symbolizes God's "mercy" which in the Qur'anic sense clearly refers to prophecy.
Commentators are more or less in agreement that the status of Moses is certainly higher than that of Khiḍr, since he (Moses) is not only a Messenger (rasūl) but also a prophet (nabi), bearer of the divine revelation and provisions of the law. Khiḍr, on the other hand, does not hold these titles, although the Qur'ān calls him a ‘Servant' of God.
Ibn ‘Arabi's account of this encounter also sheds some light on the nature of their relationship, for example, points out that there is an overwhelming emphasis on rank and knowledge…for al-Khadir is aware that Moses hold the exalted rank of Messenger (rasūl) which he, al-Khadir, does not.
However, to analyze the subsequent verse of Sūrat al-Kahf, verse 66, in this context, we find that it deals with Moses' request to he instructed by Khiḍr, which, seemingly at least, puts Khiḍr at a higher position than that of Moses.
This further confirms the status of Khiḍr as a prophet, as mentioned in the previous verse.
The emphasis here is on two key words which perhaps determine the overall meaning of the verse, atabi'ka and tu'allimanī which may have direct bearing upon the status of Khiḍr.
Ahmed Ali translates it as,
"May I attend upon you that you may instruct me in the knowledge you have been taught of the right way?' (emphasis added)
Amir-Ali has translated the key words as,
"May I follow thee so that thou mayst teach me something of thy wisdom?" (emphasis added)
As we can see here the translation of tu’allimani is ‘instruct me' or ‘teach me'. Moses, therefore, is requesting Khiḍr to "instruct" him "in the knowledge of the right way" (S.18:66b).
Since Moses in the Islamic tradition is regarded as a prophet as well as a messenger; bearer of the divine command­ments, and conveyer of God's truth to his people, his seeking of knowledge from a non-prophet does not fit the criterion of the divine wisdom given to all prophets.
A prophet is rahma of God as well as a bearer of the knowledge given to none other than prophets. It can be said that it would not be possible for Khiḍr, firstly, to have knowledge from God, and, secondly, to "instruct" Moses in that knowledge he is given by God, without being a prophet or for that matter rahma himself.
It would be absurd to believe that Moses of all God's messengers was less in knowledge than a non-prophet.
At this point, however, it must be noted that the concept of rahma is closely linked with divine ‘guidance' either in the form of revelation given to the prophets or simply by their mere presence and witness unto mankind.
The prophecy of Khiḍr thus is the ‘prophecy of saintship' (nubuwwatu'l-wilāyat) whereas that of Moses is characterized as the ‘prophecy of institution' (nubuwwatu'l-tashrī)

My overall take is that there is nowhere and no one we cannot learn from, even from babies, kids, children, etc.
The world is a vast school and all are enrolled in it as long as we are here and alive.
Thanks for this info. I share this sentiment also. But that last statement bolded I seems not to get it.

If it has been established that Khidr was a prophet, then why reducing his prophecy to that of sainthood again. The Sufi believed that a saints only "see" thru fundamental light of Prophet they are following. So it is NOT independent sort of light (prophecy, guidance) for tge saints. But has we can see that if hadrat Khidr is more of independent on its own which necessitate Prophet Musa(as) learning from him. This can be understood further from one saying of Holy Prophet(saw) that " had it been Jesus(as) and Moses(as) were to be alive they would have follow his guidance(Shariah), highlighting its independence and superiority, just as stated in the holy Qur'an that Allah has raised one prophet above other even they were ALL called prophets.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 7:49am On Jun 21, 2019
LadunaI:

Yeah I always thought as much that Khidr was a saint rather than a prophet. But evidences presented by scholars that arogue in favour of him to be prophet is overwhelming.

I watched video series of Sheikh Yasir Ghadi exegesis of surat khaf, and he provided good points to support the fact Khidr was a prophet rather than mere wali.

However, his immortality status still raised a lot of argument as in perhaps may be he is an Angel, because no man could be living till eternity or for man y centuries. While some majority of al sunnah scholars believed otherwise (that Khidr is dead) many great Sufi sheikhs encountered with Khidr cannot be brushed aside. I even learnt that the famous Imam An Nawawi had a brief meetings with Khidr also.

No doubt I believe al Khidr is an enigma whose status cannot be less than a prophet!

As per my understanding of how Ikupakuti view Khidr is more or less like a GREAT Saint whose constant devotional activities has transformed him to status of "Rawaniya" lol and equate the like of Asif of prophet Sulaiman era as one of such. He said there are like perm sec for the Prophets.
Only Allah truly knows. Argument i see lately as recent as last week was he is alive. The brother said it emphatically. I dont have this knowledge at the moment. I call him Mr. Green in spiritual realm only "programmed" by Allah to teach esoteric knowledge.

1 Like

Re: ...... by Empiree: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2019
LadunaI:

125 I think they are up to 24,000 Prophets to have been sent to mankind, while only 25 were mentioned in holy Qur'an. And five of them are uuzul Azim.
124,000 rather.

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Alhajiemeritus: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2019
LadunaI:

Thank you, I was confused with the number.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 10:30am On Jun 21, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:
Thank you, I was confused with the number.
I also remove 1 from the figure which empiree pointed out lol. It was 124,000.

1 Like

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 10:43am On Jun 21, 2019
Empiree:
Only Allah truly knows. Argument i see lately as recent as last week was he is alive. The brother said it emphatically. I dont have this knowledge at the moment. I call him Mr. Green in spiritual realm only "programmed" by Allah to teach esoteric knowledge.

Yeah, Allahu allam. How would you explain the bolded in the light of natural law. Can an individual (human) lives till yaomal qiyamat? though Allah has infinity power and HE came what he Will. I subscribe to this idea also , in that he was ALIVE but such yakeen would be reached if oneis fortunate to have encounter with him. I don't think he's human being again Lol , perhaps he has metamorphosised into "ruwaniya" like Ikupakuti alluded to.

1 Like

Re: ...... by movado19: 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
LadunaI:

Thanks for this info. I share this sentiment also. But that last statement bolded I seems not to get it.

If it has been established that Khidr was a prophet, then why reducing his prophecy to that of sainthood again. The Sufi believed that a saints only "see" thru fundamental light of Prophet they are following. So it is NOT independent sort of light (prophecy, guidance) for tge saints. But has we can see that if hadrat Khidr is more of independent on its own which necessitate Prophet Musa(as) learning from him. This can be understood further from one saying of Holy Prophet(saw) that " had it been Jesus(as) and Moses(as) were to be alive they would have follow his guidance(Shariah), highlighting its independence and superiority, just as stated in the holy Qur'an that Allah has raised one prophet above other even they were ALL called prophets.

I was made to understand that as a Rasul is a Nabi, not all Nabis are Rasuls.
As a Nabi and Rasul are Imams, Not all Imams are Nabis or Rasuls.
Hence, you have Khidr who was/is a prophet as well as the extra duty of a living Wali (a patron, helper, supporter, guardian), who would inspire, answer questions, rescue from danger, and, in special cases, invest people with the khirqa, which was/is accepted as valid in the tradition of spiritual initiation.
His ability to still be alive I am told is due to nothing but (Ya Hayyu, Ya Qayyum in excess), which I believe Ikupakuti also mentioned pages back.
Khidr is the only one known to be given this Maqqam by Allah - A Nabi, Servant, Wali (teaches people that have Ilhaam in them), and Angel.

There are yet others who argue for his being a perfect Wali (Bashran Sawiya) meaning the one whom Allah has taken as a friend.
Those who held that he was a prophet did so due to the following reasons:
a. He possessed knowledge that even our liege-lord Musa (Allah bless him) did not.
Imam Qurtubi states that an individual does not learn nor follow except one who is higher than him and it is not possible that a non-prophetic figure be higher or superior to a prophetic one.
b. He performed actions, such as killing a child and sinking a ship, that could have only been commanded by means of revelation (wahy) and not spiritual disclosure and unveiling (ilham/kashf). This is because the former is decisive thereby establishing certainty while the latter is probabilistic and does not establish certainty. It would not have been permissible for Khidr (Allah bless him) to commit these acts unless he had decisive knowledge conveying certainty that permitted their performance, which could have only been through revelation which is specific to prophets.
c. He was described in the Qur’an as one who was given “mercy (rahma) from Us” (18:65), which many of the commentators of the Qur’an identified as being prophethood. This is because the word “mercy” (rahma) is sometimes associated with revelation as in the Qur’anic verse, “You did not expect that the book would be sent down to you, but it is a mercy (rahma) from your Lord.” (28:86)
The fact that the mercy (rahma) given to Khidr (Allah bless him) refers to revelation is shown by the phrase “from Us”, namely a revelation from Allah, as well as the fact that the word rahma is indefinite which in the Arabic language indicates exoltation as well as the unfathomable nature of the reality indicated by the word.
d. He was described in the Qur’an as one “We had taught knowledge from Ourselves” (18:65), which demonstrates that this knowledge was direct and revelatory.
[Qurtubi, Ahkam al-Qur’an; Abu’l Su`ud, Tafsir; Razi, Tafsir al-Kabir; Nawawi, Sharh Sahih Muslim]

Al Khidr is considered one of the four prophets recognized as still being ‘alive’ or ‘immortal’, the other three being Idris (Enoch), Ilyas (Elias), and ‘Isa (Jesus). Al Khidr became immortal because it said he drank from the water of life, other traditions say Allah answered the Dua (supplication) made by his Father Adam (r.a). The story of Khidr is ancient almost as old as Man and it can be linked with some of the most ancient legends that have been recorded, the epic of Gilgamesh, the Alexander Romance, and the Wandering Jew, just to name a few.

2 Likes

Re: ...... by Empiree: 8:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
LadunaI:

This is why I said earlier that Mr. Green existed in spiritual realm 'programmed' by Allah. And the reason I asked why is Khidr(as) not mentioned along with "25 prophets" is bcus these 25 prophets mentioned in the Quran and those other thousands of prophets not mentioned in the Quran were sent to people whether with kitab or not. But Khidr(as) had no record of community he was sent to. Matter of fact, me and albaqir once discussed this issue fairly before when khidr killed a boy. We argued that Khidr was not subjected to sharia of nabi Musa(as). Otherwise, he would have been guilty of murder. Shari'a of Musa haram murder. Why didnt Musa(as) punish him for killing the boy?. This is why I believe that Khidr was not a prophet but a being "programmed" by Allah to teach Musa ilm batin.

The word "servant" used in surah Kahf appears to be generic not specifically
prophethood sense as far as I am concerned. Even 'servant' was used for mushrikun and believers as well in the Quran.

1 Like

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
movado19:

I was made to understand that as a Rasul is a Nabi, not all Nabis are Rasuls.
As a Nabi and Rasul are Imams, Not all Imams are Nabis or Rasuls.
Hence, you have Khidr who was/is a prophet as well as the extra duty of a living Wali (a patron, helper, supporter, guardian), who would inspire, answer questions, rescue from danger, and, in special cases, invest people with the khirqa, which was/is accepted as valid in the tradition.... His ability to still be alive I am told is due to nothing but (Ya Hayyu, Ya Qayyum in excess), which I believe Ikupakuti also mentioned pages back.
Khidr is the only one known to be given this Maqqam by Allah - A Nabi, Servant, Wali (teaches people that have Ilhaam in them), and Angel.

There are yet others who argue for his being a perfect Wali (Bashran Sawiya) meaning the one whom Allah has taken as a friend.
Those who held that he was a prophet did so due to the following reasons:
a. He possessed knowledge that even our liege-lord Musa (Allah bless him) did not.
Imam Qurtubi states that an individual does not learn nor follow except one who is higher than him and it is not possible that a non-prophetic figure be higher or superior to a prophetic ...

Yes I believe this also. At time description of some of the prophet in holy Qur'an takes dual title like; siddiqa nabiya, rasullah nabiya etc. So hadrat Khidr been a prophet of Allah doesn't negate his wilaya ( wali par excellence). So he can effectively take such dual titles. The evidence provided by Imam Qurtubi also reinforced the stand/opinion of him being a prophet.

Allah u allam
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 12:08am On Jun 23, 2019
Empiree:
This is why I said earlier that Mr. Green existed in spiritual realm 'programmed' by Allah. And the reason I asked why is Khidr(as) not mentioned along with "25 prophets" is bcus these 25 prophets mentioned in the Quran and those other thousands of prophets not mentioned in the Quran were sent to people whether with kitab or not. But Khidr(as) had no record of community he was sent to. Matter of fact, me and albaqir once discussed this issue fairly before when khidr killed a boy. We argued that Khidr was not subjected to sharia of nabi Musa(as). Otherwise, he would have been guilty of murder. Shari'a of Musa haram murder. Why didnt Musa(as) punish him for killing the boy?. This is why I believe that Khidr was not a prophet but a being "programmed" by Allah to teach Musa ilm batin.

The word "servant" used in surah Kahf appears to be generic not specifically
prophethood sense as far as I am concerned. Even 'servant' was used for mushrikun and believers as well in the Quran.
Can we safely say that perhaps hadrat Khidr was sent to community of righteous personalities, and specially to AWLIYAHs. His frequent with many Sufi sheikh seems to point to the fact he was sent to these people to GUIDE them towards ALLAH.

I want to believe "REALTIME" revelation does normally or seems at times override the extant law. What I mean is that, at times certain a revelation came that seems to contradict the previous extant law, like commandment to hadrat Ibrahim(as) to kill his son. So him carrying out that order does not make him in anyway a "culprit" so also I believe that hadrat Khidr is beyond him, it was a commandment he can't ignore.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 2:18am On Jun 23, 2019
LadunaI:

Can we safelying say that perhaps hadrat Khidr was sent to.community of righteous personalities and specially for AWLIYAHs. His frequent with many Sufi .sheikh seems to point to the fact he was sent to these people to GUIDE them towards ALLAH.

I want to believe a REALTIME revelation does normally or seemonly override the extant law. Look at the commandment for prophet Ibrahim..ryping
Agreed. This is still in line with my opinion because when Sufi shuyukh met with hazrat khidr(as) it was not in our world of space and time but another realm.

1 Like

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
Empiree:
Agreed. This is still in line with my opinion because when Sufi shuyukh met with hazrat khidr(as) it was not in our world of space and time but another realm.
Yes mostly in other realm but the meeting at times do take in physical world.

So hadrat Khidr can be viewed as one SPECIAL prophet specifically sent to the community of AWLIYAHs and by extension would be or have potential of being initiated in the path of tasawoof. Providing valuable instructions for them towards realization of becoming his archetype of which he himself symbolize.

What is your take on some awliyah transporting themselves to pray at masjid haram?
Re: ...... by Empiree: 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
LadunaI:

So hadrat Khidr can be viewed as one SPECIAL prophet specifically sent to the community of AWLIYAHs and by extension would be or have potential of being initiated in the path of tasawoof. Providing valuable instructions for them towards realization of becoming his archetype of which he himself symbolize.
Deep. I can agree with this actually. It means khidr could actually mean a giant leader of Ruhaniyun. As much as I thought to myself to achieve some levels of higher spirituality, it pains when when I realize my limit. Sometimes it looks like those correct baba were not humans. Their level of worship/devotion with their limited knowledge was gold.

Do you know there are muslims who don't even believe in the concept of awliyah meeting with Hazrat Khidr?.

What is your take on some awliyah transporting themselves to pray at masjid haram?
Chai, this rank na superb. Many don't believe this but I have heard from confirmed shuyukh in Nigeria and outside Nigeria that it happened. Famous Sheikh we all know with regards to this was Amir Awliya Hazrat sheikh Muhammad Jamiu Buuuuulala.

But bcus of misconceptions today our scholars in line of tassawuf downplayed it. I once listened to a sheik from USA. He was explaining many things around tassawuf. It was in form of question and answer. I forgot the name of this Sheikh. He's originally from India/Pakistan region and a Deobandi group. When asked about a sheik transporting himself to Mecca for salat, he simply downplayed it saying "be careful of these fake shuyukh who made path with shaytan" . He then smiled.
Re: ...... by lanrexlan(m): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2019
Empiree:
Deep. I can agree with this actually. It means khidr could actually mean a giant leader of Ruhaniyun. As much as I thought to myself to achieve some levels of higher spirituality, it pains when when I realize my limit. Sometimes it looks like those correct baba were not humans. Their level of worship/devotion with their limited knowledge was gold.

Do you know there are muslims who don't even believe in the concept of awliyah meeting with Hazrat Khidr?.
I think I am of those muslims grin. To me, Khidr was more of a saint than a prophet. But this head of ruhaniyyun sounds new entirely.

Empiree:
Chai, this rank na superb. Many don't believe this but I have heard from confirmed shuyukh in Nigeria and outside Nigeria that it happened. Famous Sheikh we all know with regards to this was Amir Awliya Hazrat sheikh Muhammad Jamiu Buuuuulala.

But bcus of misconceptions today our scholars in line of tassawuf downplayed it. I once listened to a sheik from USA. He was explaining many things around tassawuf. It was in form of question and answer. I forgot the name of this Sheikh. He's originally from India/Pakistan region and a Deobandi group. When asked about a sheik transporting himself to Mecca for salat, he simply downplayed it saying "be careful of these fake shuyukh who made path with shaytan" . He then smiled.
I personally don't believe all these teleporting or transporting of a sheikh from Nigeria Masjid Haram. Firstly, what medium did the acclaimed sheikh use to transport himself? Wind?! Jinn?! Or what?! Secondly, to what end and purpose will that serve?

Being deeply involved in tawassuf should have direction faah, or else person go ko eran mero grin
Re: ...... by movado19: 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2019
LadunaI

So hadrat Khidr can be viewed as one SPECIAL prophet specifically sent to the community of AWLIYAHs and by extension would be or have the potential of being initiated in the path of tasawoof. Providing valuable instructions for them towards the realization of becoming his archetype of which he himself symbolize.

Very well said!

What is your take on some awliyah transporting themselves to pray at masjid haram

Wave-Particle...
He who knows himself/herself will know his/her Rabb.
Quantum Mechanics begins to become a reality in one's life the moment your spirit "rides" your nafs or ego as a horse; and not the other way around as we see it today.

"Those who strive hard in Us, We shall most surely guide them in our Ways” - Surah Al Ankaboot 29:69

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (164) (Reply)

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.