Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? (1492 Views)

Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / Looking For Lovely Families To Adopt My New Born Twins / OMG!!! Freshly Born Twins Found At A Refuse Dump In Onitsha!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by Akolawole(m): 1:13am On Dec 08, 2005
It was reported yesterday that newly born "white" twins were abandonned in Birmingham.
Please read on :
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005560594,00.html
1) What do u think ?
2) Can you ever believe this can happen in United Kingdom ?
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by hotangel2(f): 1:26am On Dec 08, 2005
of course i can believe it. Do u think it's only in 9ja that we have some idiot people that don't want their kids?

Well it happens everwhere. I am not suprised.
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by icingbaby(f): 1:34am On Dec 08, 2005
@hot-angel for real.

i think is really sad that a mother will abandonned, her two new born. i don't care what her reason is for her to do that. cry cry

that is sad.
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by nferyn(m): 10:44am On Dec 08, 2005
If you think [i]enlightened [/i]countries even exist, think again. You've got nutcases everywhere.
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by chocolatte(f): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2005
It happens nearly every year here. I think xmas/something gets to their heads during the festive seasons. I cannot believe anyone can abandon their children like that, twins are a blessing and there's no need. It's really freezing here these last few months which makes it even worse.

Nigeria is hard but why someone would do this kind of thing in this country where there are benefits (weekly income,your rent is paid,free house etc etc) and the government even gives mothers of multiple babies extra help in which a nanny/nurse comes in every week to help look after the children.

I suppose some people are addicted to drinks/drugs and cant cope but still
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by chocolatte(f): 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2005
Just a quick question? Does this happen alot in Nigeria?
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by Akolawole(m): 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2005
It happens but not in alarming rate. Most of the time they abandonned them beside motherless baby homes, broadcasting station or police station. I've heared about a woman who did the same and went to report to the nearest police station that " there's a baby left somewhere there" too bad.
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by bagoma(f): 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2005
hmmm! na wa o.
i wonder how a woman would go through nine months of pregnancy, then labour and child birth and still go ahead to abandon the babies. but i dont want to be judgemental hear. i cant possibly know what she's passing through this very minute.
The fact is that what the mother did (and she might have an accomplice too) isnt the best she could have done. even if she didnt want them she could have given them away for adoption. she risked their lives and that is wicked. thank God they are alive.
(speculation)its likely she hid the pregnancy from everyone else why abandonment. its sad. sad
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by Skidoc(m): 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2005
I pray God will protect the babies.
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by Akolawole(m): 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2005
Xtension to the story
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005560799,00.html
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by bagoma(f): 11:25pm On Dec 08, 2005
Hmmm! i feel a twinge of sympathy for the mother whoever she is.
i'm so thankful to God the babies are doing well.
it really a tough world.
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by sweetnini(f): 2:34am On Dec 11, 2005
its really a tough world but y abadon a baby
as for the part that its the U.K i'm not suprised people are people where ever they are
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by Oracle(m): 12:03am On Dec 12, 2005
Akolawole so what do u take naija to be
men the country is bad
but dont make it look like the only bad country in the world
our country's blessed
BAD BUT BLESSED
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by Akolawole(m): 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2005
My Nigeriana is more than the one in OTHER NIGERIANS. I am always proud to be a Naija.
I posted this story to enlighten those that think western world is "heaven"
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by eveseh(f): 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2006
ooh,too bad embarassed embarassed
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2006
this is sad cry cry cry
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by JustGood(m): 10:05am On Feb 17, 2007
we too dey think say we worse pass other people. make una mix with other cultures, una go come begin dey appreciate unaselves
Re: New Born Twins Abandoned in the UK. Just like in Nigeria? by illusion2: 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
Adulterous mother found :

(1) (Reply)

Abandoning Your Child For The Father, Is It The Best? / Is It Ok To Ask For Your Wedding Ring Back After Divorce? / Please I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.