Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

6-year-old Girl Assist Mom To Deliver Baby Sister At Home. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6-year-old Girl Assist Mom To Deliver Baby Sister At Home. (515 Views)

Kenyan Man Weds Lady Who Helped Him With Transport Fare 6 Year Ago / My Sister At 9 Yrs Old Promptly Reported An Attempted Rape. / Photos: Kindhearted Women Help Pregnant Woman Deliver Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6-year-old Girl Assist Mom To Deliver Baby Sister At Home. by david16(m): 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
A 6-year-old girl (pictured below with mom) reportedly helped her mother deliver her baby sister right inside their bathroom
According to her mum, she went into early labour and there was no one around to help, except Janeicea Armstrong, her daughter who was fast asleep. She wrote:
“She heard me scream, woke up, and came running into the bathroom where I was grounded. We hugged. Then she started praying,”
Reports show that it was not yet time for the baby to come out, as it was two months early. So the mother was sort of caught off guard by the labour.
Owen reportedly dialled 911 but never said anything to the operator on the other end of the line. She then handed over the phone to Armstrong who took the instructions from the emergency operator.
Meanwhile, the mother was busy pushing the baby. And before they knew it, the baby’s head appeared. It was a very scary moment for Owen, but interestingly not for her daughter who was standing by her side curiously watching everything.
“When I saw the child’s head I took a deep breath and pushed really hard, after which her body came out. I grabbed the body, and took care of the umbilical cord from around her neck. To be honest it was a bit weird,” says Owen, adding that she had some difficulties with the umbilical cord.
ortunately the emergency arrived and the family was rushed to hospital. The new family member weighed 3.5 pounds when she was born.
After successfully helping her mom deliver her baby sister, young Armstrong told a local news station that she would wish to include in her future career midwifery, also known as obstetrics in medical terms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6-year-old Girl Assist Mom To Deliver Baby Sister At Home. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2017
Great kid she is
Re: 6-year-old Girl Assist Mom To Deliver Baby Sister At Home. by EasyMind(m): 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
Omo Daada

(1) (Reply)

Bad Breath And Body Odour Questions Drop Them Here / 6 Types Of Relationships To Have Before Marriage / 10 Ways Having Parents That Dont Love Each Other Affect Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.