Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Amazing Nutritional Benefit Of Baobab Fruit; Another Forsaken Agro Produce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Amazing Nutritional Benefit Of Baobab Fruit; Another Forsaken Agro Produce (1943 Views)

Miyan Kuka: How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Miyan Kuka| Baobab Leaf Soup / Nutritional Benefits Of ‘ewedu’ Leaf / NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Nutritional Benefit Of Baobab Fruit; Another Forsaken Agro Produce by SehgateTeam(m): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
Most people never believed baobab trees bear fruits. All they thought was that baobab only shed its leaves during the dry season to curtain the rate of evaporation through the leaves and so far, it’s robust in nature. Most people never cares to know more about the tree as they believe it’s useless. You have to change your perspective about this tress, and I want to tell you that most African countries refers to baobab tree as a “Tree of life” because of the amazing nutritional value of its fruit. Ethiopian calls it “Ethiopian sour bread” while Senegal calls it “calebassier du Senegal”.

The fruit of baobab tree also called “African super fruit” grows in large ovoid pods. It is dried and powdered before eaten. This tree mostly can be seen in the Sahel/ Sudan savannas, i.e. mostly found in the areas with low annual rainfall.

Baobab fruit contains 3 times as much vitamin C as an orange, twice as much calcium as milk and taste so good like cross between a pineapple and water melon. But the chances are most of us have never heard of baobab fruit , let alone taken one for breakfast in the morning.

“I remember anytime I visit TChad for business, I like visiting a Pakistani entrepreneur who specializes in preparing it with an ice block during hot weathers. A cup full is good for a hot afternoon. Hmmmm the taste is great….”

The fruit from baobab tree is extremely rich sources of polyphenals, known to be beneficial in reducing the glyceamic response- the rate at which sugar is released into the bloodstream. Diabetes is one of the main health issues today and if a natural readily available product can be found useful in controlling the symptoms of these dreadful diseases. It can only be beneficial to us all.
Grown in 32 African countries and in some parts of Australia, Madagascar, and other part of south Asian. The fruit is high in calcium, potassium, thiamin, and vitamin B6- all nutrients important for general health. For you to know how important baobab fruit is; it is sold at European stores for $8.50-$10.00 for a 250g tub of super fruit powder.

read more https://sehgatehub./2017/02/17/amazing-nutritional-benefit-of-baobab-fruit-another-forsaken-agricultural-produce/

Re: Amazing Nutritional Benefit Of Baobab Fruit; Another Forsaken Agro Produce by SehgateTeam(m): 10:28pm On Apr 09, 2018
You can place your order if you need in large quantity.
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Recipes For Catfish Barbecue / Are You Interested In Starting A Smoked Catfish Business( See Here) / How To Make Fish Salad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.