Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

9 Problems Of Left Handed People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 9 Problems Of Left Handed People (5364 Views)

His Wife Caught Him Red-handed . You Just Can't Believe What Happened. / I Caught My Husband Red Handed / The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 3:09am On Feb 18, 2017
We are in a world where everything that is right is right and everything that is left is wrong.It is not easy being left handed because most of the everyday items were designed for right handed people or should I say were designed 'right'.

Consequently,left handed people face challenges in their everyday lives.These are the things that frustrate most.

(1) ELBOW PUMPING:Left handed people pumps elbow with their right handed neighbors especially during meals in dining tables or in class when taking notes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 3:15am On Feb 18, 2017
(2) USING THE SCISSORS:The use of scissors can be frustrating for left-handed people.It is a tool that was made with right handed people in mind.Using the scissors reduces the speed and accuracy of cut for left handed people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 3:25am On Feb 18, 2017
(3) GAME PAD:The use of game pad poses a very big problem for left handed;it's even more difficult for left handed people learning how to play video games.

1 Like

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by shikshark: 3:30am On Feb 18, 2017
something came to mind but ill not say it on here grin
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 3:31am On Feb 18, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Bilabong(m): 3:37am On Feb 18, 2017
shikshark:
something came to mind but ill not say it on here grin
Are u thinking what am thinking?
I won't also say it here.
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 3:45am On Feb 18, 2017
(4) THE ZIPPER AND MEASURING TAPE:The measuring tape is calibrated in such a way that left handed people find it difficult to read measurements;a left handed person has to read the calibrations upside down.

The fabric that covers the zip on trousers are placed on the left side side.This forces left handed people to (un)zip their trousers with right the right hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by shikshark: 4:00am On Feb 18, 2017
Bilabong:

Are u thinking what am thinking?
I won't also say it here.
grin grin grin grin grin grin badt guy
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 4:03am On Feb 18, 2017
(5) CARD SWIPING AND TIN OPENING:Swiping card can be challenging for left handed people;the strip on the paying machine is placed on the right side of the machine.A left handed person would have to use his weaker hand or make some adjustments to swipe his card.

Same can be said for thing opening;the tin opener is also a 'right handed' device.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 4:16am On Feb 18, 2017
(6)THE RIGHT HANDED WRITING DESK:I cant remember seeing a left handed writing desk;a left handed person really has to be creative and innovative to use a write handed writing desk in class

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by kabrud: 4:35am On Feb 18, 2017
Car driving & motorcycle riding. Though the right hand side driven cars favour the left handed.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 4:43am On Feb 18, 2017
(7) PLAYING THE GUITAR ; WRITING IN SPIRAL BOUND NOTEBOOKS AND HAND SMUDGED BY INK:A left handed person finds to difficult to play the 'conventional' guitar;luckily for us there are guitars for left handed people. grin

Notebooks are spiral bounded on the left side of the notebook;this poses a very big challenge for a left handed person.To solve this conundrum he either turns his book upside down or leave 'acres' of space on the left side of the book.

After writing, left handed people's hands are messed up by ink, this because left handed people 'trail' what they have written.

1 Like

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 4:48am On Feb 18, 2017
(cool SO YOU GET LEFT? I NO KNOW SAY YOU BE LEFTY OO:No sir,I am not left-handed,I am left-legged.The annoying and rhetorical questions people ask .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 4:59am On Feb 18, 2017
(9) HE WHO LAUGHS LAST.......:When you hear that four out of the six last American Presidents are left handed;that Einstein was a south paw or when you hear that left handed people are smart and gifted.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by OLAFIMIX(f): 10:17am On Feb 18, 2017
Proud to be left handed smiley smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 18, 2017
Left-handed people are unique, i'm not one but love seeing them.

That Obama's is a lovely sight!.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
I can handle the scissors perfectly.

I am a leftie though i write with my right hand and do every other thing with left hand.
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
JackBaueress1:

I am a leftie though i write with my right hand and do every other thing with left hand.

Your handling the scissors perfectly must have been as a result of 'years of practice' grin.It is very difficult for first timers;but with time one gets used to it.

It is good to know that use write with your write;I write with my write hand but that did not come naturally.My parents 'forced' me to write with right hand when I was in primary school.

How did you learn to write with your right hand?Where you forced?Like me.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
Principe:

Your handling the scissors perfectly must have been as a result of 'years of practice' grin.It is very difficult for first timers;but with time one gets used to it.

It is good to know that use write with your write;I write with my write hand but that did not come naturally.My parents 'forced' me to write with right hand when I was in primary school.

How did you learn to write with your right hand?Where you forced?Like me.
according to my mum, i was forced to learn how to write with my right hand with cane o! She should have just let me be. As old as I Am, if i do anything with my left hand especially cooking , mum still scolds me. My hubby doesn't have a problem with it sha. cheesy
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by eitsei(m): 2:36pm On Feb 18, 2017
Principe:
(6)THE RIGHT HANDED WRITING DESK:I cant remember seeing a left handed writing desk;a left handed person really has to be creative and innovative to use a write handed writing desk in class
lol... The first time I used this desk I placed my book on an empty desk in my left but later I learned how to use it when there's no empty seat. What I do is shift and sit diagonally and place on the desk and start writing.
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by eitsei(m): 2:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
Principe:
(3) GAME PAD:The use of game pad poses a very big problem for left handed;it's even more difficult for left handed people learning how to play video games.
maybe this is why I don't know how to play PS... Lol
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by eitsei(m): 2:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
Principe:
(9) HE WHO LAUGHS LAST.......:When you hear that four out of the six last American Presidents are left handed;that Einstein was a south paw or when you hear that left handed people are smart and gifted.
most left-handed folks that I've met are really smart but I've met few that are dumb too

1 Like

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
JackBaueress1:
according to my mum, i was forced to learn how to write with my right hand with cane o! She should have just let me be. As old as I Am, if i do anything with my left hand especially cooking , mum still scolds me. My hubby doesn't have a problem with it sha. cheesy

Your mom should free you jor grin.Using the left hand increases one's level of divergent thinking.

One thing i 'hold' against my parents is forcing me to use right in primary school.Now I can not write with my precious left hand cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
eitsei:
maybe this is why I don't know how to play PS... Lol

I am not good at PS too;but I dont know if being left handed is the cause.Lol.

There are controllers left handed people can use to play games .
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by opelyem(m): 3:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
Principe:
(cool SO YOU GET LEFT? I NO KNOW SAY YOU BE LEFTY OO:No sir,I am not left-handed,I am left-legged.The annoying and rhetorical questions people ask .

You were left-handed too, maybe your parents forced the use of right hand on you.

I know this because I am a victim. I use left leg, but right hand for other purposes. But when I play drum set, I use left hand.

1 Like

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by DonOms(m): 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
JackBaueress1:

And your hand doesn't hurt when you handle the scissors for a long time? I cut perfectly too but my hand soon hurts.
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by eitsei(m): 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
Principe:

I am not good at PS too;but I dont know if being left handed is the cause.Lol.

There are controllers left handed people can use to play games .
lol.. Always thought I was the only one that doesn't know how to play PS as a left handed, it might not be the cause as you said

I will love to get the controllers for left handed people because I always felt left out when my guys are playing PS
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by eitsei(m): 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
opelyem:

You were left-handed too, maybe your parents forced the use of right hand on you.

I know this because I am a victim. I use left leg, but right hand for other purposes. But when I play drum set, I use left hand.
my parents tried to make me stop using left they did everything they could but I couldn't use right hand as much as effective as my left hand .. I use left hand to everything except eating
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by DonOms(m): 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
Principe:

Damn desks!! One time as an undergraduate I had to write a test in one of the old halls that had these desks. I hated myself. Funny thing was, an invigilator walked up to me half way into the test to challenge me about my siting posture but when he realised what was happening, he pitied me. grin

I was also forced to switch hands as a child but when I began writing mirror images of words and letters for two full terms, while receiving beatings from my class teacher and repeating a nursery class, no one told my parents before they embraced my left-handedness. They have no regrets today and neither do I.

1 Like

Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by eitsei(m): 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
JackBaueress1:
my grandma too didn't like it when I used the left hand to cook for her sometimes she wouldn't allow me to serve with left after cooking

I don't know if you always have the experience of people scolding you or complain if you use left hand to give them something or do something they think it's etiquette to use right. There was a day I almost beat up a girl in her mama's shop because I tried to take things I wanted to buy with my left hand and the way she tried to correct me sounded so rude, she said " Ẹ jọ́ ẹ má fí ọwọ́ òsì mú ọjà jàre" and I became angry
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
DonOms:

Damn desks!! One time as an undergraduate I had to write a test in one of the old halls that had these desks. I hated myself. Funny thing was, an invigilator walked up to me half way into the test to challenge me about my siting posture but when he realised what was happening, he pitied me. grin

I was also forced to switch hands as a child but when I began writing mirror images of words and letters for two full terms, while receiving beatings from my class teacher and repeating a nursery class, no one told my parents before they embraced my left-handedness. They have no regrets today and neither do I.

I wish I was as resilient as you were grin. I can remember vividly that my school teacher complained to my parents that my left-handedness was 'slowing me down'.

All it it took for me was a daily practice of writing ABCD...;12345 and my aunt shouting with a cane in her hands,'ji aka iri dee ihe osiso'(write with your write hand).

After two weeks or thereabout I 'lost'my precious left hand embarassed
Re: 9 Problems Of Left Handed People by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
eitsei:
my grandma too didn't like it when I used the left hand to cook for her sometimes she wouldn't allow me to serve with left after cooking

I don't know if you always have the experience of people scolding you or complain if you use left hand to give them something or do something they think it's etiquette to use right. There was a day I almost beat up a girl in her mama's shop because I tried to take things I wanted to buy with my left hand and the way she tried to correct me sounded so rude, she said " Ẹ jọ́ ẹ má fí ọwọ́ òsì mú ọjà jàre" and I became angry

I can relate with this. One elderly man threatened to send out of a meeting in the village during Christmas period because I was holding a glass of wine with my left hand cheesy .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Don See Me Finish. / Either I Divorce My Wife Or Face Up To Four Years Imprisonment / Am I Not Making A Mistake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.