Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? (1712 Views)

God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. / Free Will Is An Illusion / Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by Homefinders(f): 4:11am On Feb 18, 2017
If God knows everything, God knows the future. If God knows the future, how can there be free will?If the future is already known, then it can't be changed, and therefore there cannot be free will.And why does God get angry about events when he already knows what is going to happen?

2 Likes

Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by TANKDESTROYER(m): 4:42am On Feb 18, 2017
yep....
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by alex81(m): 5:32am On Feb 18, 2017
ehm.... before I go ahead n ans ds question, leh me check ur profile... tongue

*** modified***

so u mean God already knws am gonna check out ds dp...

did he also know am going to ask for ur no.?

2 Likes

Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by Ayoemrys(m): 5:46am On Feb 18, 2017
if truly God knows the future He wouldn't have said 'He was sad because he created human being,,

1 Like

Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 18, 2017
Homefinders:
If God knows everything, God knows the future. If God knows the future, how can there be free will?If the future is already known, then it can't be changed, and therefore there cannot be free will.And why does God get angry about events when he already knows what is going to happen?

God doesn't know the future.
He simply declares it and then makes it happen. Or he sees alternate realities/timelines which are ahead of us in time.
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by Richirich713: 7:00am On Feb 18, 2017
There's still freewill because God knows what you will freely choose.
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by hopefulLandlord: 8:24am On Feb 18, 2017
Richirich713:
There's still freewill because God knows what you will freely choose.

this is post contradicts itself
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by mrmrmister: 8:56am On Feb 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Lmfao

God knows what you'll freely choose cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:01am On Feb 18, 2017
I don't think he hnows.
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by hopefulLandlord: 9:01am On Feb 18, 2017
mrmrmister:

Lmfao
God knows what you'll freely choose cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
abi o, infact his post hints there's no freewill
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by Richirich713: 9:04am On Feb 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

No it doesn't, knowledge of the future doesn't take freewill away.
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by hopefulLandlord: 9:06am On Feb 18, 2017
Richirich713:

No it doesn't, knowledge of the future doesn't take freewill away.
yes it does bro, read again
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by Richirich713: 9:25am On Feb 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

yes it does bro, read again

No bro it doesn't, just asserting that freewill requires ignorance of the future doesn't mean it does, that needs to be demonstrated while taking into account all the complexities that comes with God and time.
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by hopefulLandlord: 9:29am On Feb 18, 2017
Richirich713:

No bro it doesn't, just asserting that freewill requires ignorance of the future doesn't mean it does, that needs to be demonstrated while taking into account all the complexities that comes with God and time.

freewill and omniscience can't go together at all

they contradict each other in obvious ways
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by ShoProperties(m): 11:37am On Feb 18, 2017
wink
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2017
@OP, see you, see atheism.
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by orunto27: 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
We all have free Will to be Righteous before God, The Giver of Light and Life.
No one has The Free Will to do evil. And even when you commit suicide, you'll burn in Hell with Sulfur.
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by ShoProperties(m): 10:04am On Feb 19, 2017
shocked
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by Earth2Metahuman: 11:51am On Feb 19, 2017
orunto27:
We all have free Will to be Righteous before God, The Giver of Light and Life.
No one has The Free Will to do evil. And even when you commit suicide, you'll burn in Hell with Sulfur.
does god know the future or not?
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by orunto27: 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
does god know the future or not?

God knows the future. He plans all Destinies for His Own Pleasure. He's God and He's responsible for Light&Darkness; Good&Bad and Life&Death.
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by frank317: 2:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Richirich713:

If God knows I will use my free will to eat rice as my dinner tomorrow...Is there a possibility that I might use my free will to eat beans at dinner tomorrow?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by hahn(m): 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
Homefinders:

God is actually clueless about a lot of things. It didn't even know that satan had deceived Eve and that she and Adam had eaten the fruit undecided

2 Likes

Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by Richirich713: 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
frank317:

If God knows I will use my free will to eat rice as my dinner tomorrow...Is there a possibility that I might use my free will to eat beans at dinner tomorrow?

The impossibility is that God would be wrong, if u choose to eat beans then God would have known that instead or if u choose to eat rice then he would have known that instead.
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by Earth2Metahuman: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
orunto27:

God knows the future. He plans all Destinies for His Own Pleasure. He's God and He's responsible for Light&Darkness; Good&Bad and Life&Death.
so god did all that, where is the free will to chose your own destiny?

Aint we all just robot programmed to do what the destiny maker has programmed us to do?
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by orunto27: 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
so god did all that, where is the free will to chose your own destiny?

Aint we all just robot programmed to do what the destiny maker has programmed us to do?

Capital G God, The Supreme Spirit, not god, ordinary spirit, like you and Otem, created and reproduced humans with Consciences not robots without consciousness.
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by AvsGot007(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
in fact....mods... any deist thread on here?... let me get more knowledge about God! not the one written in the Bible!
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by Earth2Metahuman: 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
orunto27:

Capital G God, The Supreme Spirit, not god, ordinary spirit, like you and Otem, created and reproduced humans with Consciences not robots without consciousness.
*facepalm*
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by niyihawking(m): 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
orunto27:

buhahahahahahagrin
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by Uyi168: 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
human's free-will will always create problem when considering god's omnipotency..
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by orunto27: 7:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
niyihawking:

buhahahahahahagrin

nihohohohokin.
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by orunto27: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
*facepalm*

*footmud*
Re: If God Knows What Will Happen Tomorrow, Do We Still Have Free Will? by frank317: 9:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
Richirich713:

The impossibility is that God would be wrong, if u choose to eat beans then God would have known that instead or if u choose to eat rice then he would have known that instead.

In other words, I am bound to do what God already knows, since he can never be wrong. Right?

Where then lies my free will with God already in the know of my action?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This The Coming Mark Of The Beast? {photo} / Popular Lawyer Writes Sunday Adelaja Over Attacks On Dr. Paul Enenche, Others / Top Ten Heinous Crimes Commited By Religious Fanatics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.