Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri (24473 Views)

Mamman Daura Tried To Control Osinbajo When Buhari Travelled —junaid / Governor Akeredolu Holds Umbrella For Osinbajo When It Was Raining In Ekiti (Pic / Goodluck Jonathan's WAEC & GCE Results Shared By Reno Omokri (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by anjowaka510(m): 11:50am On Feb 18, 2017
nice epistle

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by uzolexis(f): 11:51am On Feb 18, 2017
FirstTImeUser:

We don't even have the basic infrastructure to achieve a comparative advantage on production e.g power, transport etc

Previous administrations should have focused on improving infrastructure in other to boost our comparative advantage rather than lazily resort to importation

If you think this government is doing better, think again. Have you looked at the 2017 budget that they want to "borrow" money to implement. Have you seen how much is budgeted for cooking utensils, emptying sock away, paying rent and repairs and buying 10 brand new cars for the state house it runs into billions and I ask who are we paying rent to for aso rock, let's say we pay rent to a landlord why do we also have to repay it, is it not the supposed landlord's job to do repairs after collecting rent, why do we spend millions buying cooking utensils in the state house every year, what happened to the ones we spent millions buying last year, why do they need 10 brand new cars, don't even talk about the money budgeted for maintaining 6 presidential jets, why do we need presidential jet. If all these billions is channelled into more meaningful projects like health, education, infrastructure won't it be better, remember we are borrowing this money angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by lonelydora: 11:55am On Feb 18, 2017
lofty900:
undecided

Read, you will learn from it.

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Bevista: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
LordAdam7:

I, I, I.

Shut your trap f*cker, no one gives a sh*t about you!

The Bush Administration did not cause the global financial crisis and bank failures. The Bush Administration was not financially reckless, the private sector was.

Pull your head out of your a$$, it's not a hat.

GEJ is better than PMB. If you can't see that, despite the abundance of facts, you can go f*ck yourself. Everyone has the right to an opinion. Even if it is a sh**ty one. Yours is sh**ty and indefensible, so no surprises that you are trying to echo failed blame games that have lost their shock value.

-Lord
Thank you for your kind words.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by danigbo(m): 12:19pm On Feb 18, 2017
This is EPIC !

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Rilwayne001: 12:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
FriendChoice:

fear fear. Why u no type their names in complete.

Loooool, you want me to chop a month ban? Abi you no miss me since last week? grin grin
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by autotrader014(m): 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2017
[quote author=mmsen post=53822377]

Do you have evidence that Jonathan stole money? Because we have evidence that the criminal military elite stole money and yet Buhari insists that Abacha was not a thief.

They keep investigating, throwing numbers around and for the gullible people like yourself believe everything they say.

Meanwhile Obasanjo is never investigated...

Yar'adua's family, not investigated...

El-Rufai, not investigated...

Tinubu, no investigation...[/quote
Well said

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Firstcitizen: 12:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
PDP trying to sow the seed of discord. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by napoleon77(m): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
qleap2all:
Maybe if Sambo had acted well, Jonathan Goodluck regime would have been great

Your analogy does not work. Was Sambo ever acting President under GEJ for this long?

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Awoo88: 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
lofty900:
undecided
He doesn't!! Mentally lazy people like you are the reason Buhari is investing heavily on media and propaganda instead profering solutions to the problems

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Loooool, you want me to chop a month ban? Abi you no miss me since last week? grin grin

E Remain small mek i ask Demmzy wia is rilwan.

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Candyrain(m): 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Story...bad belle reno...wants to sow discord BTW PMB and prof...he no go work...face ur sinking party

Just as Lauretta Onochie is poke nosing in pdp affair, right?

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by drtee247(m): 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
"Bring back corruption, really? "
Iya Joe is a civil servant. Every time she sees Buhari on TV she gets angry. Buhari is responsible for all her problems. The man is the devil.
Iya Joe earns N250k monthly as an Assistant Director. She is long separated from her useless husband. She has 2 Children in Bowen. The last two attend a private secondary school. She has a house in Kubuwa. She was building one in the village. She has another two in her sisters name in various property schemes in Abuja.
Before PMB's emergence, she estimates that she spent annually about N25m. Money flowed. There were a lot of leakages. She had paid her dues as a civil servant. It was her time to eat. And eat she did.
The word TSA gives her shivers. She gets annoyed when that word is bandied around. The death of PMB would give her much pleasure. Every time she imagines the enemy, she sees PMB.
She knows that the leakages are proceeds of corruption. In her mind she is not corrupt. What is corruption? Is registering a company and mopping excess funds with that company corruption? Is taking "thank you" corruption? What about political office holders?
She does not care that before TSA that government only realised 35% of revenue. That illegal retention by MDAs was up to 80%.
She loves GEJ. What good man he was. That he built no roads, that he built no infrastructure,that his government on comparative basis earned what in 4 years what Nigeria had earned in 16 years before: that is not her business. She prospered.
She used to buy the shank from Baba Ireti. Now she was lucky to visit Baba Ireti once a week. Her freezers were now empty. She had to mop up to pay fees at Bowen the last time.
She was not the only one. Musa was complaining. Her tailor Safiya was complaining. Baba Ireti was complaining. Her patronage of their wares had lowered. In fact Kelechi her mechanic called to "greet"her.
Buhari had brought this upon them. He should do quick and die. When he did, she would know there was a God. This felt like 1984 again. And that useless Kemi and her efficiency unit, that one would soon learn the power of public servants.
There was a knock on her door. It was her Pastor. The man now visited her. She had not paid her "normal tithes" in a long time. The Devil Buhari was even causing her to offend God.
Bring back corruption. That is her song. Who cares that the economic growth was not real or creating value but false wealth? Who cared?
Credits ~ Ademola H Adigun

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
lofty900:
undecided
You are mentally lazy
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
ikwoche:

You are mentally lazy
ikwoche:

You are mentally lazy
Awoo88:

He doesn't!! Mentally lazy people like you are the reason Buhari is investing heavily on media and propaganda instead profering solutions to the problems
autotrader014:

A typical Nigerian. Lazy Muda fukas.

If u want to hide something from a Nigerian, put it in writing..
u guys dat know how to read heaven and earth, oya what have u invented?
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by mayoor15(m): 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
I stopped taking this man serious when he said, during GEJ era they generated 4000MW and those days we won't see light for months, we are generating less now and I see light everyday and on an average 7-10 hours everyday, this man is a joker, BTW 4000Mw is what we are celebrating, Egypt with a population of 40 million generates about 40,000MW per day, south Africa with a population of about 50million generates about 50,000MW per day and this unstable man is calling 4000MW light, God punish all those leaders that spoilt this country ....

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by mayoor15(m): 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Eyah, my guy chop ban last week sha, sorry
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Wkaay(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
Its all gimmick its deliberately planned for him to tour those states Buhari is afraid of by jetting out
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
lofty900:
u guys dat know how to read heaven and earth, oya what have u invented?

Is it a coincidence that myself and awoo88 called you "mentally lazy" no it is not, it is written somewhere in the writeup not like we meant to insult you
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Rilwayne001: 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
mayoor15:
Eyah, my guy chop ban last week sha, sorry

Thank you tongue
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by davidif: 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2017
lofty900:
undecided

I tire o.

It seems as if Nigerians were not taught how to summarize in school.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by rymesgentility(m): 5:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
So they could use it for what exactly?
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by donbene4(m): 7:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
mayoor15:
I stopped taking this man serious when he said, during GEJ era they generated 4000MW and those days we won't see light for months, we are generating less now and I see light everyday and on an average 7-10 hours everyday, this man is a joker, BTW 4000Mw is what we are celebrating, Egypt with a population of 40 million generates about 40,000MW per day, south Africa with a population of about 50million generates about 50,000MW per day and this unstable man is calling 4000MW light, God punish all those leaders that spoilt this country ....
so Oga hw mch are we generating presently??
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by mayoor15(m): 7:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
donbene4:
so Oga hw mch are we generating presently??
We are generating less than 4000MW and there is improvement in light, but it doesnt take away the fact that those people should bury their heads down In shame, for a population of over 180million to live on 4000MW and we call that an achievement by the government, no wonder we are in this mess where nothing works, how will manufacturing industries thrive when we can even power our homes. Before I will take any government serious, they need to start generating 10,000MW at least
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by seguntijan(m): 7:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
It is interesting the way Osinbajo seamlessly fit into his position as acting president.
That's one legacy of President Buhari that goes largely unacknowledged.
Before President Buhari, no president found it appropriate to transfer his powers to his deputy when on leave, and it was unthinkable that a president will be away for weeks without any political impasse.
Today, Osinbajo is actively on ground and the whole cabinet members are behind him without a single dissension, faction or power cabal pulling the cabinet in opposite direction.
Therefore, behind all the negative energies regarding the President's health and his absence is Osinbajo's positive precedent which serves as an affirmation that our presidential institution - at least under this regime and as far as the Buhari-Osinbajo relationship is concerned - has come of age.

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
davereal:
Mr Acting President is winning the hearts of Nigerians through Diplomacy especially in the SS and SE unlike the Military approach of his boss in a Democratic System.

And truth be told: He may be playing out the script of PMB but the credit goes to him because it is his face and wise words we see and hear.

God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by TeamSimple(m): 10:30pm On Feb 18, 2017
Bennycollins:
. U didn't read the post, I swear. The post states what he has done differently

And you didn't understand my comment I swear, Reno Omokri is just singing praises of Osibanjo over words of mouth..What has he done differently since he started acting as president?
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Celsony: 3:49am On Feb 19, 2017
APC scam, we will keep watching dis deceitful government, & 2019 we will react. Nigerians are too lazy to even read talk more of doing google search.
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by timilinda(f): 5:41am On Feb 19, 2017
FirstTImeUser:

We don't even have the basic infrastructure to achieve a comparative advantage on production e.g power, transport etc

Previous administrations should have focused on improving infrastructure in other to boost our comparative advantage rather than lazily resort to importation

So y hasn't d present administration done that? Hw long will it take them to do that, with d over #37b dat Jonathan left n d over #5trl in n TSA?
Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by grandstar(m): 10:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
Bevista:
The early signs show that PYO might just be a better administrator than PMB. But contrary to what Reno might want to suggest, I think this not an indictment of the president but rather an endorsement for the old man for choosing such a capable Vice.
---
While, at this point I would prefer PYO over PMB, I must emphasize that I have absolutely no regrets over PMB. Given the same circumstances that occurred in 2015, I would (10 times out of 10) still choose PMB over GEJ.
---
The likes of Reno have zero knowledge about macroeconomics or economic cycles. It's like blaming Obama who started his administration with the Global Financial Crisis and bank failures, without any thought to all the financial rascality that led to the bubble in the first place.

Unfortunately for you, Buhari's economic cure has been much worse than the disease!

His refusal to allow the naira depreciate and by that , the defacto pegging of the naira brought about the dollar scarcity will has has devastated the economy.

This uneconomic peg has also forced foreign investors to flee and led to a collapse in non oil exports.

Its time Buhari goes home and lest I forget, take Emefiele with him.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by Bevista: 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
grandstar:

Unfortunately for you, Buhari's economic cure has been much worse than the disease!

His refusal to allow the naira depreciate and by that , the defacto pegging of the naira brought about the dollar scarcity will has has devastated the economy.

This uneconomic peg has also forced foreign investors to flee and led to a collapse in non oil exports.

Its time Buhari goes home and lest I forget, take Emefiele with him.
I am not a big fan of the government's fiscal/monetary policy on FX. I believe they should be a lot more flexible than they are.
---
However, I also realize that macroeconomic issues are not single-dimentional. The CBN is always trying to balance a lot of factors and they will make choices that has the least NET consequences on the economy.
---
For instance, devaluation will immediately reduce the size of our capital market (in dollar terms) making it cheaper for outsiders to swoop on our companies. Devaluation puts the government in a difficult position regarding fuel imports (they have to either increase price or increase subsidy). My point, basically, is that this issues are not as easy as it seems.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo: "When An Acting President Acts Well" By Reno Omokri by grandstar(m): 1:02am On Feb 20, 2017
Bevista:
I am not a big fan of the government's fiscal/monetary policy on FX. I believe they should be a lot more flexible than they are.
---
However, I also realize that macroeconomic issues are not single-dimentional. The CBN is always trying to balance a lot of factors and they will make choices that has the least NET consequences on the economy.
---
For instance, devaluation will immediately reduce the size of our capital market (in dollar terms) making it cheaper for outsiders to swoop on our companies. Devaluation puts the government in a difficult position regarding fuel imports (they have to either increase price or increase subsidy). My point, basically, is that this issues are not as easy as it seems.

Poland chose the big bang when it started reforms. It didnt go piecemeal. It was better for them.

There is no option to a float. Piecemeal steps will simply frustrate things.

So what if foriegners swoop in? Eventually P/E ratios will rise to very enticing levels encouraging IPO’s and new issues by existing companies.

Emefiele isnt fit for that post

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Southern Kaduna: Youths And Women Protest Over Incessant Killings (Photos) / Photo Of Baby Dressed To Celebrate Independence Day / "Our Mumu Don Do" Group Visit Family Of 10yr Boy Killed During Market Demolition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.