Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust (27081 Views)

Peace Corps Of Nigeria Thread / Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal / Bayelsa Rejects Police Recruitment List, Says It’s Fraudulent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Abeyjide: 7:52am On Feb 20, 2017
They told them before they left the camp to assemble at peace corp ilorin office on Monday and suddenly sent another text messages to participant on sunday not to bother showing up again till further notice. peace corp is fraud.

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by abu12: 7:53am On Feb 20, 2017
TPAND:
I thought peace corps was an initiative of the FG. How did it automatically become illegal

peace corps is an NGO on their own, not FG initiative. i doubt if FG will sign them into law because their aim and objective which is to arrest cultist in schools and discipline student is not feasible
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by omotolatoyosi(f): 7:54am On Feb 20, 2017
Intimidation
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by kachi7021(m): 8:05am On Feb 20, 2017
Peace corp is upgraded NYSC.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by ussy09(m): 8:14am On Feb 20, 2017
“When we got information that there is a camp going on somewhere in Offa and since no one informed us about any, we had to close the camp. “Doing this, we considered the security situation of the country because we don’t know the pedigree of the organization conducting the camp. “Our action was to just ensure there is no breakdown of law and order. Lol peace corp tot dey r also security.

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 20, 2017
police and jealousy

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by maasoap(m): 8:38am On Feb 20, 2017
NPC since 2001, how many people have they trained up to date? 1 million or 2 million people?
Imagine 5000 participants in just one training! And they have done up to three trainings in many states recently.
But like they always told participants, the 40k was for the training and kits, not for the job itself or automatic employment. Who gets money to waste?
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by AceDomino(m): 8:49am On Feb 20, 2017
What aims and objectives of this so-called Peace corps?
What's their duty Gan Na?
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Yuslat4sure(m): 8:56am On Feb 20, 2017
I don tired for dem ooo, de are just collecting people's money without any ta ngible offer for dem.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by OluchiDelly: 8:59am On Feb 20, 2017
sunnyp20:
This peace corp stuff is another wahala o. i have a neighbour who has stayed at home for long after training but keeps telling me peace corp is more than police. Their eyes go soo clear.
Pls do you know or can you help confirm from d neighbor if they start paying salary or stipends IMMEDIATELY after the camping. I have someone who is bid to go for the camping but still gainfully employed. He didn't want to resign and go for peace Corp training and return home without salary.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by dombroski: 9:01am On Feb 20, 2017
TPAND:
I thought peace corps was an initiative of the FG. How did it automatically become illegal

Peace corps is not an initiative of the FG, but that of one man who has understood the desperation of Nigerians and decided to exploit same for his personal gains. Since 2003, people have been buying forms for Peace corps and have been going for orientation too, without anything coming out of it. whereas the head of the organisation is living fat off the proceeds of these people. the organisation is registered with the CAC as a non profit, non governmental organisation. But somehow, the masterminds believe they can convince the FG to make it a federal agency, hence they keep pushing a bill to that effect to the national Assembly. Many times the has gone to the house, and many times it has been thrown out. However, each time the bill is read out on the floor of the house, the leadership of Peace corps goes to town with the story that govt is about granting them recognition and then, a fake recruitment drive begins. at the end, people spend as much as 70000 only to come back home and wait for the second coming. Now they will always sell the story that that was how Civil defense started. but that they will even be more powerful than police and Civil defense... and the gullible will believe hook line sinker and fisherman.

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by dombroski: 9:03am On Feb 20, 2017
OluchiDelly:

Pls do you know or can you help confirm from d neighbor if they start paying salary or stipends IMMEDIATELY after the camping. I have someone who is bid to go for the camping but still gainfully employed. He didn't want to resign and go for peace Corp training and return home without salary.

salary from where. abeg tell your friend to remain in his job. thanks
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by ezechima132(m): 9:21am On Feb 20, 2017
Fuc.k

Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Akinaukwa: 9:45am On Feb 20, 2017
The way Nigerians are scamming fellow citizens is damn too alarming. The Police was right cos the President is yet to sign the bill establishing the Peace Corps into law. When eventually signed, it will come out with the requirements for possible applicants. Lets ask ourselves, what will now happen to those who fail to meet up with the requirements, will their money be refunded or it goes the MMM way? Why are the so-called trainers so eager to jump the gun and commence training after collecting a huge sum of money from applicants? The recruitment is even through the back door. I just tire for naija.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by euchariadavid(f): 10:12am On Feb 20, 2017
These police self,thats whr they have powers
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by whitedove(m): 10:20am On Feb 20, 2017
TPAND:
it Is A Brain Child Of Some Group Of People, But It Is Before The National Assembly To Be Passed To Law
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by okonja(m): 11:03am On Feb 20, 2017
ITbomb:
Police are jealous already

They are doing their job
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by topsam1(m): 12:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
377:
This peace Corp thin is getting me tirer. They are busy collecting money from new people after keeping so manu people at home .

Lol...you never see anything, I've even seen a 60yrs old man being camped for training I swear
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by topsam1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
TPAND:

You no dey this country ooo
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by topsam1(m): 12:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
Nbote:

It's an initiative dats still in d pipelines or final stages of development. In truth it's jus anoda Avenue to waste scarce public funds even though it would provide opportunities for ppl. What exactly is the difference between Peace corps and Civil defence? Why not jus expand d scope of the civil defence and give dem more functions considering it's more or less redundant in d one it's being tasked to do

It was very obvious that the national assemblies made it look real...those passages couldn't have been done without normal nigeria factor(money). All I know is one thing is for the bill to be passed and another thing is for it to be signed into law by the president...but like you said...there is gonna be role conflicts between them and civil defence
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by topsam1(m): 12:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
OluchiDelly:

They are not paying a dime...my sister was a trainee, after she was postedand expecting to be paid a stipend, I can tell you categorically that she has received nothing so far...she still takes care of transportation and other personal needs...PC is a fraud
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by topsam1(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
whitedove:
it Is A Brain Child Of Some Group Of People, But It Is Before The National Assembly To Be Passed To Law

Already passed by the NA I suppose, now awaiting the president assent...
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by onyechimereze1: 1:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
Nbote:
It definitely is.. This is jus a case of putting d cart before the horse.. Imagine a body dats still not yet been giving a mandate yet or recognized by the Constitution going ahead to rip Nigerians off by collecting money for forms, training and den kits in d name of recruitment. Under what authority are they operating? What happens to all the millions dey have been "training" and recruiting afta d whole process? D govt shld do well to put dem in their place and clarify issues to curb dis new trend.

https://www.nairaland.com/3602114/corruption-currently-going-nigerian-peace

Well said, they keep ripping people off in the name of recruitment and then i ask again, what is the total number of peace corps members in Nigeria, how many of them is the government willing to accept, cause you can't tell me the FG is going to accept them all.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by EazyMoh(m): 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2017
OluchiDelly:

There is no such thing as payment o!
It's just an NGO that organizes camp training and ask participants to pay for the training.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by EazyMoh(m): 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
ezechima132:
Fuc.k
This Is improper take it down ASAP.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by temi1526: 2:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
Nbote:
It definitely is.. This is jus a case of putting d cart before the horse.. Imagine a body dats still not yet been giving a mandate yet or recognized by the Constitution going ahead to rip Nigerians off by collecting money for forms, training and den kits in d name of recruitment. Under what authority are they operating? What happens to all the millions dey have been "training" and recruiting afta d whole process? D govt shld do well to put dem in their place and clarify issues to curb dis new trend.

Gather your facts. The police are acting indiscreetly and all the peace corps nation wide are not up to 200,000.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by obinna002: 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
PEACE CORPS ENGAGES CALABAR GARMENT FACTORY TO PRODUCE 100,000 UNIFORMS
The massive investment made by the Cross River State government with the establishment of the Calabar Garment Factory has started yielding fruits as the Peace Corps of Nigeria, weekend, engaged the garment outfit to produce one hundred thousand pieces of uniforms for its officers and men.
Under the terms of the contract, the Calabar Garment Factory is to produce 40,000 pieces as the first consignment, with an additional 60,000 thousand to be produced later.
The Peace Corps of Nigeria is currently being legislated into law by the National Assembly.
Speaking while on a facility tour of the factory and delivery of materials by the corps for the production of the uniforms, the deputy national Commandant in charge of Administration, Mr. Edet Ekpenyong, expressed satisfaction with the fully automated factory and assured of the corps' readiness to synergise with the state government to ensure that the factory performs within its install capacity.
Ekpeyong particularly commended Governor Ben Ayade for his industrialisation drive as well other transformation initiatives currently going on in the state.
His word: "We are here to deliver our materials to the Calabar Garment Factory to commence production of one hundred thousand uniforms for us, but starting with forty thousand units. I am very excited and proud with what I have seen here at the factory. It is very clear that Governor Ayade is doing everything to move the state from a civil service state to an industrial hub. We have been monitoring the activities of Cross River and it has been a beehive of industrialisation activities since Ayade came to power. The state has never been in the media the way it has been since the coming of the present government. Honestly, l am overwhelmed and we are very proud we would be working with the state."
In his response, Governor Ayade said the state government will do everything to help the corps succeed.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by obinna002: 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
200k is much, they are not up to 70k
temi1526:

Gather your facts. The police are acting indiscreetly and all the peace corps nation wide are not up to 200,000.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Kamxin(m): 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by oluwole4love: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
Peace Corps and Police are all lies. They dont all tell the true story.
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by Nbote(m): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
temi1526:

Lol.. And it was u who counted ryt? U must either b terribly poor in arithmetic or jus trying effortlessly to console urself. Do u know how many ppl have bought forms and gotten kits yet? Hope u saw d new order for kits from Calabar earlier today ryt?
Re: Police Shut Down Peace Corps Orientation Camp, Says It’s Illegal -dailytrust by obinna002: 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
Even if they are 1 million people, how is that your problem or are you they one paying them, this is how many people were condemning civil defense but they same fools are praising them now, one thing about life is that you can't please everyone, some will always say trash once they are not involve and trying to discourage others, no one is forcing you to pay 40k, they truth is we have so many frustrated people on this forum, so you can continue fooling yourself.
Nbote:

Lol.. And it was u who counted ryt? U must either b terribly poor in arithmetic or jus trying effortlessly to console urself. Do u know how many ppl have bought forms and gotten kits yet? Hope u saw d new order for kits from Calabar earlier today ryt?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Access Bank Aptitude Test / Funny Things That Can Happen In A Job Interview (see Photos) / Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.