Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) (20185 Views)

Fashola Inspects Reconstruction Of Enugu - Port Harcourt Road (Photos) / Babatunde Fashola Inspects The Dualization Of Lokoja-Benin Road (Photos) / Fashola Inspects Wharf Road, Apapa, Other Selected Roads In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by ephi123(f): 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
mapet:

Stop regurgitating this old arrant nonsense. The work in Power sector will take a bit of time and will come to fruition in time

Continue sitting with "will take a bit of time" whilst other countries move on with lightning speed.
Besides, it is my opinion, you don't have to agree with it, so find some other arrant nonsense to pick on.
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by SmartMugu: 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
mapet:

This logic does not make sense to you because you think ministry of power is about wire and cables alone?
Nah, I'm not that dumb. Look at the cabinets in advanced countries. Even South Africa has those split apart and progress measured differently. Those involve capital projects and forcing only one person to control them is fishy.
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by Kingsley1000(m): 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
and buhari hates ndi igbo
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by trigger22(m): 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
i swear that road is due for dualization.tank you oga fashola for the follow up.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by Validated: 9:24pm On Feb 18, 2017
Fashola obviously has his strength in road construction and management. They shoukd just look for another person to man the power ministry. I am impressed with what Fashola did in Lagos. Great governor and greater minister. I respect sir only that you and Ambode left my street may be cos they voted PDP. Unfortunately not everybody did vote PDP. Eschew bitterness sir.

Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by mapet: 10:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
SmartMugu:

Nah, I'm not that dumb. Look at the cabinets in advanced countries. Even South Africa has those split apart and progress measured differently. Those involve capital projects and forcing only one person to control them is fishy.

1. You remember Fashola was given those 3 ministries is to reduce the costs and not to run a behemoth of government cabinet that amounts to nothing. There are Juniour ministers who supports him and not a one man show
2. The problem in the power sector are not unsurmountable, it is just capital intensive and you don't get to see the outcome until the whole system is ready
3. The commercial and Legal framework/problems in the ministry and the projects itself requires someone with a tested antecedents of success and that is where Fashola comes in. Take the issue of Enugu Disco vs Geometrics for example, this was a case that was in court becos the previous govt's team wither messed up or tried to unfairly outplay Geometric. For over two years the project was stuck as the litigation instituted by Geometric just stalled the project on that axis......
4. The problem in power has an immediate first-level solution- Let Niger-Delta boys stop blowing up pipelines that feeds gas to power plants. That is taking away almost 3.8GW cummulative. Add that to the current 3.4GW and tell if we will not have a much improved power

Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by mapet: 10:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
ephi123:

Continue sitting with "will take a bit of time" whilst other countries move on with lightning speed.
Besides, it is my opinion, you don't have to agree with it, so find some other arrant nonsense to pick on.

That it is your opinion is special grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

.....and I guess the previous govt moved at "lightning speed" in the power sector that they achieved what?
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by ephi123(f): 10:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
mapet:

That it is your opinion is special grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

.....and I guess the previous govt moved at "lightning speed" in the power sector that they achieved what?

You are so obsessed with the previous administration to the extent none of you can look beyond your noses to see how corruption had been entrenched in Nigeria even before the democracy era. So easy, blame the previous govt. We are all waiting for the next govt that will then blame this current govt, no be so? Afterall dollar is N512 today, something never ever witnessed before in the history of this country.

Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by akoko11: 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
Eledan:
The most efficient works minister since the return of democracy in 1999

Fallacy
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by akoko11: 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
mapet:

1. You remember Fashola was given those 3 ministries is to reduce the costs and not to run a behemoth of government cabinet that amounts to nothing. There are Juniour ministers who supports him and not a one man show
2. The problem in the power sector are not unsurmountable, it is just capital intensive and you don't get to see the outcome until the whole system is ready
3. The commercial and Legal framework/problems in the ministry and the projects itself requires someone with a tested antecedents of success and that is where Fashola comes in. Take the issue of Enugu Disco vs Geometrics for example, this was a case that was in court becos the previous govt's team wither messed up or tried to unfairly outplay Geometric. For over two years the project was stuck as the litigation instituted by Geometric just stalled the project on that axis......
4. The problem in power has an immediate first-level solution- Let Niger-Delta boys stop blowing up pipelines that feeds gas to power plants. That is taking away almost 3.8GW cummulative. Add that to the current 3.4GW and tell if we will not have a much improved power
What are you talking
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by mayoor15(m): 10:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
ephi123:

Tbh, I really couldn't care less about whether it is APC or PDP. Power has been an issue in Nigeria even before we transitioned to democracy, but for how long do we continue waiting and "hoping" it improves?
Dear as long as hope can carry us noni.........lols
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by ephi123(f): 10:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
mayoor15:
Dear as long as hope can carry us noni.........lols

Lol! okay ooo, I hear you
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by athorello(m): 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
I dey wait for one manager to go snap Im own pics. I have abandoned that route since last August. Person go travel road come dey be like person wey dem use wood beat. Taaah! Kudos to APC
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by chairmanchairmam: 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
Eledan:
The most efficient works minister since the return of democracy in 1999

was this like the ones he inspected in the south East? and if you insult me or call me ipob because of this question, every development in your life and your place will only be inspected on in the pages of news papers and on nairaland by your enemies
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by chairmanchairmam: 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
Kingsley1000:
and buhari hates ndi igbo

bros there is no work going on in any road in all the places that were mentioned here in nairaland, I am talking about those they said that fashola inspected in the South east
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by hmuhammad(m): 5:24am On Feb 19, 2017
mapet:

Escapee you mean
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by Eledan: 5:41am On Feb 19, 2017
chairmanchairmam:

was this like the ones he inspected in the south East? and if you insult me or call me ipob because of this question, every development in your life and your place will only be inspected on in the pages of news papers and on nairaland by your enemies

What is this rubbish ? Are you sure you are okay?
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by juman(m): 6:57am On Feb 19, 2017
Hiss

Just for noise making thing.

APC nonsense government.
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by juman(m): 7:08am On Feb 19, 2017
Validated:
Fashola obviously has his strength in road construction and management. They shoukd just look for another person to man the power ministry. I am impressed with what Fashola did in Lagos. Great governor and greater minister. I respect sir only that you and Ambode left my street may be cos they voted PDP. Unfortunately not everybody did vote PDP. Eschew bitterness sir.

I agree with you fashola is a great administrator. He performed very well as governor.

But so far apc is a senseless government.
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by mapet: 9:27am On Feb 19, 2017
ephi123:

You are so obsessed with the previous administration to the extent none of you can look beyond your noses to see how corruption had been entrenched in Nigeria even before the democracy era. So easy, blame the previous govt. We are all waiting for the next govt that will then blame this current govt, no be so? Afterall dollar is N512 today, something never ever witnessed before in the history of this country.

weak excuse. Exchange rate will continue to grow if you have a govt like GEJ's that refused to build reserves to withstand and fight to defend the naira against the dollar. If a govt continues to be import dependent and refused to sacrifice to build local capacity, then there little you can do. Funnily enough GEJ's govt benefited from previous govt, when he used $30billion of the $65billion he met in reserves to defend against recession, and the dollar. Did GEJ build the same reserve when crude price was at an all time high?
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by mapet: 9:28am On Feb 19, 2017
akoko11:

What are you talking

I am actually talking to people who can comprehend
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by ephi123(f): 9:49am On Feb 19, 2017
mapet:

weak excuse. Exchange rate will continue to grow if you have a govt like GEJ's that refused to build reserves to withstand and fight to defend the naira against the dollar. If a govt continues to be import dependent and refused to sacrifice to build local capacity, then there little you can do. Funnily enough GEJ's govt benefited from previous govt, when he used $30billion of the $65billion he met in reserves to defend against recession, and the dollar. Did GEJ build the same reserve when crude price was at an all time high?

It's sickening and irritating hearing you mutter the same excuses, why did APC promise change if they had nothing to deliver?
I guess it's also GEJ that didn't maintain the Aso Rock clinic such that Mr Buhari has to sit in London for one full month.

This is the hardship your govt is placing on Nigerians, have a read and if you like continue at the table giving excuses. Your problem not mine.
https://www.nairaland.com/3635865/finally-gtbank-bans-use-GT

Kindly don't quote me again, and if you do I won't respond
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by akoko11: 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
mapet:

I am actually talking to people who can comprehend

Apc propagandist
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
mapet:

True talk.... Though I still think one of d ministries probably power should be taken from him n he should b left with any ministry that involves construction

N-Delta boys have stopped bombing for some times now, I hope t will reflect soon..... Cos d last time I was at PHCN office, d lady said they r waiting for rain
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by chccho(m): 1:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Presidential material..
Fashola pls stay alive and well for your fellow Nigerians I believe strongly that Nigeria is going through process and we will eventually get to our promiseland with the help of Leaders like Fashola.It's only a matter of time we will get there!!!
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by chccho(m): 1:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

True talk.... Though I still think one of d ministries probably power should be taken from him n he should b left with any ministry that involves construction

N-Delta boys have stopped bombing for some times now, I hope t will reflect soon..... Cos d last time I was at PHCN office, d lady said they r waiting for rain
Why should it be taken away from him? How does that affect u in the 1st place? Hasn't he been efficient enough in carrying out his duties? Is he complaining of work overload? Pls let's learn to speak the truth when we see it and put sentiments aside.Fashola is a high performer a good example of leadership to his counterparts,and a good material for presidency.
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
chccho:

Why should it be taken away from him? How does that affect u in the 1st place? Hasn't he been efficient enough in carrying out his duties? Is he complaining of work overload? Pls let's learn to speak the truth when we see it and put sentiments aside.Fashola is a high performer a good example of leadership to his counterparts,and a good material for presidency.

Bros, I'm really sorry if what I said offended u. I wasn't trying to castigate him. It's not about him, it's about we the citizens

I didn't say he wasn't performing as regards construction, I'm just saying let another capable hand, another performer, another good example of leadership to his counterparts, another good material for presidency be given one of the positions he is holding. Ull agree with me we have other such people in Nigeria

Don't u think if we have a lot of such people as ministers Nigeria will be better??

Apologies again for d way u might have understood my first post
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by chairmanchairmam: 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
Eledan:

What is this rubbish ? Are you sure you are okay?

yes Bros, I am very OK, I live along one of the roads we were told on nairaland that he inspected in the south east and nothing was or is going on at least two of them, work stopped there since 2015 may I wouldn't know about all of the roads mentioned though but based on the two I am sure of, I have the right to doubt
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by chccho(m): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Bros, I'm really sorry if what I said offended u. I wasn't trying to castigate him. It's not about him, it's about we the citizens

I didn't say he wasn't performing as regards construction, I'm just saying let another capable hand, another performer, another good example of leadership to his counterparts, another good material for presidency be given one of the positions he is holding. Ull agree with me we have other such people in Nigeria

Don't u think if we have a lot of such people as ministers Nigeria will be better??

Apologies again for d way u might have understood my first post

Bros I meant no offense by my last post and if I did I tender my sincere apologies.
Now back to the debate,if u read back your post u will see that u admitted by the bolded above that BRF is performing.As per handing over to other capable hands.
My question Wil be over the past16+ yrs that we had other capable hands in that ministry what has been their achievements as compared to the present minister (BRF) if one head can do the job of 2 and even betterthen I think it's only common sensical that we leave it at that and even help lower the cost of governance..BRF holding 2ministries and manning both efficiently has further helped to raise the bar and also a clear indication that we don't need as much ministers as we have..
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by mapet: 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

1. In a scenario that someone else is given the ministry of power, whoever the person is, it will still take some time before you see a quantifiable result. Comparing power vs works is like apples and oranges. If you fix or built half a kilometer of road today, even when you move your machines to site, people will see and appreciate the result almost immediately. Power projects on the contrary does not come into fruition until the last bit of device is fixed, the last clause of contract is executed and the last dispute is resolved (Geometrics vs Enugu Disco)

2. Yes the ND boys have stopped blowing up pipelines, but the damage has ripple effect. At a meeting a collegue attended, he told us that Shell is not predisposed to repairing Trans-forcados pipeline again. The last one they did was blown up a week to recomminssioning. Do you think Hague will endorse Shell Nigeria to do another one when there is no guarantees that these boys will not pick arms again. Even the FG has signalled that TFP will be sold off to a mid-stream company. So that is still a problem that needs a longer term solution. If ND is not rebuilt sufficiently to the glare of the world, and Amnesty is not promised for another 10yrs (hypothetically speaking), nobody can guarantee......

3. Bros if anybody is taking about rains, they are talking about power-plants that has to do with water, essentially Egbin. Egbin is a thermal+Gas powered plant. If water level is low, they switch to gas and conversely during the rain, they use more of water. People should not get the wrong impression that all our power-plants depend on rains

4. The approach Fashola's team adopted for power is sustainable. The next minister has his work cut out for him already. We simply harness the natural resources of each area to generate power - Gas power-plants close to the Delta, Coal power-plant in Enugu, Hydro plants around the dams, Wind power-plant on the high-lands, Solar powered plants in the arid North. These are project that some of them require about 18months to complete. During these say 18months, you will not see any addition until the last bit is complete.

5. I hope you know that our distribution lines and business was a mess before Manitoba came in. Manitoba itself has been released, most likely because they hardly made any significant addition to the grid. So as we speak today the grip peak capacity is about 7.5 GW, and our potential peak capacity (if all plants are fired up and working ) is about 6.8. What that means is that if an additional 1GW is added from these upcoming new power plants, the grid today cannot take it. So the reason for another investment in grid. How many ordinary citizen will understand this situation and the need to be patient?

In summary, power problem is a marathon and we just left the starting point
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by mapet: 9:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
ephi123:

It's sickening and irritating hearing you mutter the same excuses, why did APC promise change if they had nothing to deliver?
I guess it's also GEJ that didn't maintain the Aso Rock clinic such that Mr Buhari has to sit in London for one full month.

This is the hardship your govt is placing on Nigerians, have a read and if you like continue at the table giving excuses. Your problem not mine.
https://www.nairaland.com/3635865/finally-gtbank-bans-use-GT

Kindly don't quote me again, and if you do I won't respond

In fact I will probably quote you the last time as you're boring me with your pedestrian reasoning.
1. APC had nothing to deliver? What a ridiculous assertion. Even the topic in discussion centers on one of the "deliverie0s" of APC. But of course you will feign ignorance of it cos GEJ's government were building roads in Mars.

2. Pls show me where it is said that Aso Rock clinic is not maintained. That PMB is in UK on medical, so? has governance been grounded? PMB was so honorable to hand over to the VP (something PDP president wanted to take to the grave). Since PMB left, has governance stopped? (something that was embarrasingly the other of the day in PDP era). Osinbajo has toured the breath of South-South and East, he has performed executive function to the limit...........

3. The list on GTBank disabling Naira Mastercard on foreign transaction is your example on what? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin it is obvious you just see thing happening and you do not understand zilch. Why don't you furnish yourself with some education. Right or wrong, this is happening becos the CBN is trying to defend the Naira. But I must say that your ignorance is not suprising. You are not perturbed that the foreign reserves was on a free fall and needed defending, your concern is on some paypal and facebook transactions of individuals? It is unfortunate........which makes me to ask, are you still in school?
Re: Fashola Inspects Amukpe-Eku-Abraka-Agbo Abavo Road,Delta(photos) by ephi123(f): 9:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
mapet:

In fact I will probably quote you the last time as you're boring me with your pedestrian reasoning.
1. APC had nothing to deliver? What a ridiculous assertion. Even the topic in discussion centers on one of the "deliverie0s" of APC. But of course you will feign ignorance of it cos GEJ's government were building roads in Mars.

2. Pls show me where it is said that Aso Rock clinic is not maintained. That PMB is in UK on medical, so? has governance been grounded? PMB was so honorable to hand over to the VP (something PDP president wanted to take to the grave). Since PMB left, has governance stopped? (something that was embarrasingly the other of the day in PDP era). Osinbajo has toured the breath of South-South and East, he has performed executive function to the limit...........

3. The list on GTBank disabling Naira Mastercard on foreign transaction is your example on what? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin it is obvious you just see thing happening and you do not understand zilch. Why don't you furnish yourself with some education. Right or wrong, this is happening becos the CBN is trying to defend the Naira. But I must say that your ignorance is not suprising. You are not perturbed that the foreign reserves was on a free fall and needed defending, your concern is on some paypal and facebook transactions of individuals? It is unfortunate........which makes me to ask, are you still in school?

Makinde: I Will Break Toes To Serve My People / Judicial Commission Okays Onnoghen As Next Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Edo: Thousands Of PDP, APGA, ADC Members Dump Party For APC, Back Obaseki

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86