Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? (13712 Views)

Boy Who Slept With A Girl He Met For The First Time Now Finds It Hard To Urinate / whi is smoking not Completely Banned / Is Smoking In The Public Against The Law In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by Ninapha(f): 11:34am On Jan 20, 2010
Cos its a habit! and habits are not easy to drop.
There are other things that can help you achieve stoping smoking.

Try to overcome a bad habit by developing a positive one. In the case of smoking, you can use groundnut, it was the most helpful to my brother. whenever he had the urge he would chew some groundnut to suppress it. and someother times he would chew bitter cola.

You may also go for some attitude modification write-ups and most importantly, Please check the value of your life and that of the habit.

If you are sure you want to live, stop! it may be difficult but discipline! you can start now.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by Emmyk(m): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2010
When you (smokers) are Pre-occupied with thought that You Would die the next day,U QUITE!! Or u be lik d president? That how he enjoyed his life as a Governor,now see Yáwá. Quite smoking ur Fuc***g life outta your ass!!!
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by Nikkyberry(f): 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2010
smoking is a learned habit which could be unlearned.till u decide to unlearn it,u will keep on smoking.It is possible,start now!
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by lekonso: 1:58pm On Jan 20, 2010
Hi, it is actually very possible to stop smoking. I know of someone who can help you to stop smoking without failure. His name is Jesus Christ. All what you need to do is to confess Him as your Lord and Saviour and He will give you power to loose taste for smoking. This is what you do, go inside your room and confess like this, Lord Jesus, i come to you today, i am a sinner, forgive me my sins, i cannot save myself, i accept you as my Lord and Saviour, wash me clean with your blood and accept me to your kingdom, thank you Lord for accepting me, i know i am now a child of God from today onwards. The power of God will come inside you and you will become born again. You now have the nature of God which will make you loose taste for smoking. In addition please look for a living church near your house, if you are not attending any church at the moment, where the Word of God is preached in truth and undiluted. If you need to further assistance please fell free to reach me on 08033322251. Thank you, God bless you abundantly.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by oaroloye(m): 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2010
Smoking is an indulgence, like masturbation, drunkenness, and such things.
Weaklings choose pleasure over health, and so kill themselves.

NARCOTICS, such as Nicotine, Caffeine, Alcohol, Opiates (Heroin-derivatives) leave something of themselves in the system that causes mild to acute discomfort which can only be alleviated by ingesting a further dose of the narcotic substance. This is called addiction. Half-measures have doubtful efficacy. This works out in favour of those who fraudulently make a living selling said half-measures.

96% of Human ailments, from Common Cold to Cancer can be cured by the simple measure of NOT FEEDING THE CONDITION. That is, by FASTING.

When the body is made to go without food, it brings resources on line that it never uses when the external food supply is constant. In the first three days, all the carbohydrates stored in the liver and in the muscles are completely depleted. Then, and only then does the body, that is, the brain, give the order to release special enzymes that will permit the breakdown of the fat content of the body. A person of normal weight for their size can live like that for up to six weeks, before starvation becomes possible.

It is most important while fasting to drink about half a gallon of water (about 2 litres) daily. This is because when the stored fat of the body goes, toxic substances associated with the fat content of the body are released in large quantities, and if they are not sweated and urinated out, they can literally kill one. (If one does not fast, they invariably do that eventually anyway.)

The first week of fasting is the toughest.
Fasting of less than three days and nights doesn't do dick.
After three days one no longer feels hungry.
After ten days one no longer feels nauseous and ill.
After fourteen days, one no longer feels weak.

The painful part of fasting is the sensation harmful things leaving the body. It is good.
Ten days of fasting bring about lasting results. When one fasts until fat is completely depleted from the body, the body then starts to consume its protein stock. Abnormal parts of the body get consumed as food, and replaced by healthy tissue. This is what the White-controlled medical scientists do not want us, or anyone, to ever find out.
Fasting renders most expense-driven drug treatments redundant. Cancer treatment becomes redundant.

The most difficult part of fasting is resuming eating after fasting longer than three days.
Foolish people always ask me (it is how you know they are fools), "Do you mean that we do not take food at all while fasting, or can we eat anything we want at night, eat fruits, drink juice, tea, salt, etc, ?"

FASTING MEANS COMPLETE ABSTENTION FROM FOOD.
It really starts from three days and nights without food, that triggers the digestion of the fat in the body.
This is the point at which freedom from narcotics addiction begins. A person can fast three days, and be free from any type of addiction by the fourth day. Whatever substances cause addiction are either digested or excreted the third day.

BREAKING THE FAST.

Rule 1. Never break your fast with milk.

Rule 2. Control your appetite- don't let your appetite control you.

Rule 3. Do not eat meat for the same number of days you fasted.

Rule 4. Over-diluted natural and fresh citrus juice is best for breaking one's fast.

Rule 5. The longer one takes to resume eating solid food, the better.

Rule 6. Make your first solid meal fresh fruit, three days after having broken the fast.

Rule 7. The first portions of food must be small- better too small than too large- the object is to restart the gastro-intestinal-tract (your stomach and guts), not to satisfy your hunger.

Rule 8. It is best to take several short fasts of three days and no longer, than one big fast of over a week at one go.

Rule 9. KEEP YOUR DOCTOR OUT OF YOUR FAST. Even if you grew up with your doctor, THEY WILL MESS YOU UP, to discredit fasting. Local doctors know nothing about fasting- and don't want to know. Foreign doctors WILL KILL to keep the truth about fasting from the laymen. If allowed into a case in which one is fasting, they will insist on giving the "patient" some pill, injection, or drip infusion that will throw them into a seizure or kill them. Fasting will then be blamed.
This is their training.

Rule 10. Do not wait until you need a "miracle cure" to use fasting.
Too many times, people testify that they used fasting for the first time when they are suffering from some terminal condition. If applied early, fasting will cure anything this side of being shot through the head and spinal column, dropped off a skyscraper, or blown up with a bomb. If applied too late, the patient will die, and all the mistreatment medical science committed- the dosing with poisons falsely called medicines, the butchering of the body to make it better (a.k.a. surgery), and scatter-frying with radiation beams (superstitiously believed to be some sort of a cure) -will be forgotten, the final fatality will be completely blamed on Fasting, and nothing else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by lawrence83: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2010
Its very possible for you to stop smoking though is kinda hard but when you take your mind off it, its will definitely get to a dead end.
Just try and see for yourself.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by chikejude(m): 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2010
Liable to die young
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by alldone(m): 7:49pm On Jan 20, 2010
You have what it takes to quit.
1. Prayers- it will not work without self determination.
2.Be determine- never join them to say i have been smoking for years but did not die so it can kill me.
3. gradually reduce it- maybe a stick perday to become its master.
4 You can take charge of your life with God n determination
5. change your friends-hand out with non smokers.

it is not an easy thing. we all have one habit or the other so we need to watch it.

thanks
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by drlizzy(f): 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2010
its quite difficult but its not impossible

I came across this ebook i will like to share with anyone interested.Reach me on chisomonu@yahoo.com with the subject ebook
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by bawomolo(m): 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2010
Being spiritually inclined, we told him to beat the woman in the dream and speak the Work to her as well. He had the dream again and he dealt with this woman. Behind stopped having those dreams and he never smoked again

lol how do you beat up someone in a dream. una go kill person o
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by oaroloye(m): 9:48am On Jan 21, 2010
It occurs to me to mention, because you might be completely unaware of this, that foreign cigarette companies, after years of denial, were proven to have been adding chemicals to cigarettes to deliberately enhance their addictive effects. Ammonia was mentioned, as I recall.

Trusted professional scientists were shown to have perjured themselves- that is, they told lies court.
A thing that they did for the money.
There was a big noise about it during the 1990s. Then- it all went away.

Does no one else remember this?
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by wildbello: 11:07am On Jan 21, 2010
@poster, i know its very hard but i promise you that you can stop, but all it takes is determination, Bro keep your head up.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by Amjustme: 11:21am On Jan 21, 2010
You will need a lot of people who love you all around u 247.
The first person who loves you is GOD, HE will surely help you if you ask HIM to.

Secondly, ul nid to ask the other people who are ready to help you(this u will look for in ur office, house) this is for the sake of accountability and il recommend people whom you respect/fear to help you.

Thirdly you need to help yourself. Your house will by now have that stale cigarrette smell so? pack out of it,change ur house, stop hanging out with smoking friends,chew alot of sugarless gum like Orbits gum. This new house you will luk for, ensure dat d envirinment does not rily encourage smoking/night life.

You have to bend ur life but it sure would help you.

If Obama stopped you can too, why do you think all thru his campaign he was shouting YES WE CAN?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by JesusDWay(m): 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ Poster. With man, it may not be possible but with God, nothing is impossible. So, you can ask God to set you free from the addiction.

I tell you, it is the most potent of any recommendation you may be given as i am a witness although, mine is not cigarette but its equally bad. God gave me freedom when i gave my life to Christ because, if any man be in Christ, he is a new a creature, old things are passed away behold, all things are become new. He will let you know the truth that will make you free.

I hope you find this helpful. God be with you.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by waterworks(f): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2010
PRAY FOR ME BEFORE I SMOKE MY LIFE OFF
hahahhaha
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by drchucks: 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2010
drlizzy:

its quite difficult but its not impossible

I came across this ebook i will like to share with anyone interested.Reach me on chisomonu@yahoo.com with the subject ebook
Please i would love to see your ebook
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by unphilaz(m): 1:47pm On Jan 24, 2010
hi poster

i am delighted to read your post! all i can say to you is commitment or discipline will not help much is at all it can. but i wish to ask you to simple do this daily even when you feel the urge to smoke (or whatever), i am the righteaousness of God in Christ Jesus, therefore i am dead to sin and its work (sins). and gradually you will see the grace of Jesus Christ revealed to help you put of ur addiction. and when you receive this blessing from this freedom you will see the Love of God which is in Christ Jesus. Just trust Him.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by platinumnk(f): 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2010
billgatexp:

its not as hard as u think,  just a matter of determination and that solves it,  make up your mind and avoid gathering of smokers,  works wella

Dozie, why are you avoidin me eh? angry
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by stnonymus(m): 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2010
Smoking, like every other addiction,is more of a mental addiction than a physical one.The reason people fail is that they try to resist the habit without affect the thoughts that cause the habit.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by Rightworld(m): 11:44pm On Feb 01, 2010
10 THINGS TO KNOW IF YOU ARE TO STOP SMOKING

1. Patience is the key to winning over the battle against smoking. The truth is that this process is not easy, nor is it for a short period of time. Thus, you should be patient to deal with the rehabilitating for as long it takes you.

Expect the #0 2 tomorrow, you can visit my site as well, or send me a mail for more tips
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by NewBegins(m): 6:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
I have been smoking marijuana & Cig for 5yrs now , i ve tried everything to stop but its not working, No easy to quit, no matter the years you stopped/quit it , you'll still get back to it.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by Kefuie: 2:26am On Apr 29, 2010
On the face of it, this would seem to present a forbidding set of circumstances for anyone who wants to quit. But while it is true that most individual attempts to quit smoking will end in failure, it is also true that 42 million Americans have quit smoking. Clearly it is possible, though quitting may take several attempts and some clever strategy. grin grin grin

Kefuie
[url]http://stopsmokinghabits.com/More%20Articles/how-smoking-regulations-protect-people-from-second-hands-smoke.htm[/url]
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by ibrohari: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2010
though i haven been discussing this topic almost two years ago now. while i am a smoker and i cant quit all the necessary thinks that can make me to smoking i did!! and i can remember somebody said i should pray and i am still prying!
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by omeja(m): 11:40pm On Jun 08, 2010
Smoking is an addiction, very difficult to quit and kills the addicted slowly.
Only good will, determination and support from professional can help stop the craving and eventual total abstainance. I learnt you've tried many techniques but i dont know if you have tried the one a friend who was once a smoker testified to have help him quit. Check it out who knows it might be the antidote to your deliverance from this deadly habit.
http://f50b4c01n1cn3z1k1a-75btz12./?tid=B51SQ2W8
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by harakiri(m): 10:13am On Sep 10, 2010
@Post

Smoking is hard to quit because tobacco companies make cigarettes extremely addictive.Till date, cigarettes are the most addictive substances known to man. Tobacco smoking kills more people every year than all diseases+alcohol+hard drugs combined and yet, the western forces are not willing to ban it coz it's an industry that generates billions of dollars in tax revenue.

I have been smoking since i was 18 years old (I'm 30 now). I have tried so many times to stop and i only succeeded once.At the time i stopped for almost 2 years, i was living a stress free life and i quit both smoking and drinking altogether but later on, the stress factors that pushed me into smoking returned and i'm back in "business". . .lol

Quiting smoking is not easy.Forget all the help books and all that.It's about making up your mind (and trust me, it's not easy).More importantly, you MUST remove yourself from all factors that push you into smoking e.g worrying too much, carrying other people's burdens, pursing your ambitions with extreme intensity (these are the factors that push ME into smoking).

Nuff said!
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by godonce23: 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2010
You Can Quit Smoking

Finally Revealed: The REAL Secrets To Eliminating Smoking From A 3-Pack-A-Day Ex Smoker Who Has Helped Hundreds Finally Kick The Habit Forever,

Discover The Easiest Way To Quit Smoking Without Suffering From
Withdrawal,

More than 200 Nigerians at home and abroad and have been able to learn how to
QUIT SMOKING with these free guide.

Get yours today!!!

text SD 6151 to ***** to get this GUIDE for 100% free TODAY. SMS cost N100 only.

Available in

MTN
Glo
ZAIN
Visafone
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by Emmyk(m): 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2010
Jezz. Let dis topic rest now. Oley!
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by godonce23: 10:26am On Apr 18, 2011
YOU CAN QUIT SMOKING 4FREE
Discover The Easiest Way To Quit Smoking Without Suffering From Withdrawal,
Forget The Quit Smoking Gimmicks,Expensive Systems And Useless Strategies.

Find Out How You Can REALLY Quit Smoking Permanently,Guaranteed

Get yours today!!!

[http://youcanquitsmoking4free..com]
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by godonce23: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2011
YOU CAN QUIT SMOKING 4FREE
Discover The Easiest Way To Quit Smoking Without Suffering From Withdrawal,
Forget The Quit Smoking Gimmicks,Expensive Systems And Useless Strategies.

Find Out How You Can REALLY Quit Smoking Permanently,Guaranteed

Get yours today!!!

[http://youcanquitsmoking4free..com/]
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by candicee: 10:42am On Sep 20, 2011
Several smokers who wish to quit often are lost in the beginning process of where to start and how to start. The recent outbreak of the use of electronic cigarettes has become a phenomenon many smokers are unsure of. The real question herein lies on whether or not electronic cigarettes can actually help smokers quit this bad habit of theirs.

A straight simple answer to that is yes, electronic cigarettes can help smokers quit smoking. But how reliable is an answer without any reasoning to support it? Truth is, companies selling electronic cigarettes have not made any statements regarding how these  cigarettes can help quit smoking. The reason why is because the FDA has not yet approved the use of electronic cigarettes thus they are currently being sold as a healthier “alternative” to smoking rather than a device that will help stop smoking traditional cigarettes.
Re: Why Is Smoking So Hard To Quit? by ikee(m): 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2011
It is a very hard thing to quit smoking, my father smoked closely to 17yrs before he was able to call it a day.however i will like you to get this ebook; how i finally quit smoking by a celebrated smoker.This eBook is his first-hand account of the quitting process, written to inspire you to quit too. It offers you 100 pages of useful insights from preparing for withdrawal and fighting off "nic fits" to maintaining an empowered, joyful outlook. Other topics include quitting "side effects" like weight gain and how tobacco ads lure children into addiction.

Take charge now. Quit smoking and reap the rewards. These winning strategies will strengthen your determination to quit — for good. Prepare. Now is the time to heal yourself. To get this ebook, send your name, email address, quit smoking,location to 2348066515584[email]iykeobi84@yahoo.com[/email]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cod Liver Oil And Moringa Leaf Powder / COVID-19 Update For December 10 2020 In Nigeria / Three Die After Consuming Expired Drugs In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.