Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain (44099 Views)

Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver / 10 Habits That Makes You Age Faster / 10 Bad Habits That Damages The Brain (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by ufuosman(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
Noted

1 Like

Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2017
iykofias:
this we ask in Jesus name,Amen
Amen. i'm serious. i'm not joking.
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by selfemployed(m): 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
VastFinder:
According to Oxford Dictionary (NEW 9th Edition). Brain is the organ inside the head that controls movement, thought, memory and feeling. Now, assume this specially structured organ got damage or contacted a serial infection. What a World!

The brain processes billions of data per seconds and so doing, it needs to rest in some period in order to regain its normal function of maintaining the body everyday. But there are some dangerous habits which we practice that can hurt functionality of our brain.

Here Are Eight Habits That Can Hurt Your Brain
1. Sleeping Late At Night
Lack of sleep may be a cause of dementia, including Alzheimer's disease. It is best to have regular sleeping hours. If you have trouble with sleep, avoid alcohol, caffeine, and electronics in the evening and start a good bedtime ritual.

2. Spend Much Time Alone
Human are wired for social contact. It is not about how many Facebook friends you have, what matters is a real sense of interaction. People who have that with even just a few close friends are happier and more productive. They are less likely to suffer from brain decline and Alzheimer's. So if you feel alone call some friends or start something new to do or activities that involves other people.

3. Eating Junk food
Parts of the brain linked to learning, memory and mental health are smaller in people who have slot of junk food and drinks in their diet. Green leafy vegetables on the other hand preserve brain function and slow mental decline. So eat fruits and leafy greens instead of snacking on a bag of chips.

4. Headphones
Increasing your earphone at full volume, can permanently damage your hearing in only 30 minutes. But it is not just your ears, hearing loss in older adults is linked to brain problems like Alzheimer’s and loss of brain tissue. This occurs because the brain has to work very hard to understand what is being said around you that it cannot store what you have heard into memory. So the next time you want listen to your headphones you might want to reduce volume to a minimal volume and try not listen for more than a couple of hours.

5. Not Exercising Enough
The longer you go without regular exercise, the more likely your chances of having dementia. There is a likely chance of getting diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure. You do not need to start running marathons, just walk around the neighborhood. The important thing is to do it at least 3 days a week.

6. Smoking
Smoking can shrink your brain. It makes the memory of the brain poor and makes you twice the rate of getting dementia, including Alzheimer's. It also causes heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure.

7. Over Eating
Eating too much food even though it is the right kind of food may not enable your brain to build the strong network of connections that help you think and remember. Over eating causes overweight, which can cause heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure.

8. Staying In The Dark
If you do not get enough natural light, you may get depressed and that can slow the brain. Research shows that sunlight helps keep your brain active and functional.

We hereby urge everyone to stay away from the above listed act which is common this days.

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/02/8-usual-habits-that-are-dangerous-for.html

lalasticlala, Sissy3, dominique, Mynd44, Ishilove, ijebabe

9. Masturbation/ too much sex

9. drug abuse
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Rilwayne001: 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
I eat a lot though sad undecided
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Alphasoar(m): 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
obinna58:

grin Nairaland plots is not for sale beware of 419

Yes No, Seun just approved this one for sale!!!
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Kazrem(m): 10:36pm On Feb 18, 2017
Guilty of 1 and 4
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by CzarChris(m): 10:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
VastFinder:
According to Oxford Dictionary (NEW 9th Edition). Brain is the organ inside the head that controls movement, thought, memory and feeling. Now, assume this specially structured organ got damage or contacted a serial infection. What a World!

The brain processes billions of data per seconds and so doing, it needs to rest in some period in order to regain its normal function of maintaining the body everyday. But there are some dangerous habits which we practice that can hurt functionality of our brain.

Lack of sleep may be a cause of dementia, including Alzheimer's disease. It is best to have regular sleeping hours. If you have trouble with sleep, avoid alcohol, caffeine, and electronics in the evening and start a good bedtime ritual.

2. Spend Much Time Alone
Human are wired for social contact. It is not about how many Facebook friends you have, what matters is a real sense of interaction. People who have that with even just a few close friends are happier and more productive. They are less likely to suffer from brain decline and Alzheimer's. So if you feel alone call some friends or start something new to do or activities that involves other people.

3. Eating Junk food
Parts of the brain linked to learning, memory and mental health are smaller in people who have slot of junk food and drinks in their diet. Green leafy vegetables on the other hand preserve brain function and slow mental decline. So eat fruits and leafy greens instead of snacking on a bag of chips.

4. Headphones
Increasing your earphone at full volume, can permanently damage your hearing in only 30 minutes. But it is not just your ears, hearing loss in older adults is linked to brain problems like Alzheimer’s and loss of brain tissue. This occurs because the brain has to work very hard to understand what is being said around you that it cannot store what you have heard into memory. So the next time you want listen to your headphones you might want to reduce volume to a minimal volume and try not listen for more than a couple of hours.

5. Not Exercising Enough
The longer you go without regular exercise, the more likely your chances of having dementia. There is a likely chance of getting diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure. You do not need to start running marathons, just walk around the neighborhood. The important thing is to do it at least 3 days a week.

6. Smoking
Smoking can shrink your brain. It makes the memory of the brain poor and makes you twice the rate of getting dementia, including Alzheimer's. It also causes heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure.

7. Over Eating
Eating too much food even though it is the right kind of food may not enable your brain to build the strong network of connections that help you think and remember. Over eating causes overweight, which can cause heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure.

8. Staying In The Dark
If you do not get enough natural light, you may get depressed and that can slow the brain. Research shows that sunlight helps keep your brain active and functional.

We hereby urge everyone to stay away from the above listed act which is common this days.

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/02/8-usual-habits-that-are-dangerous-for.html

OP, I beg to differ on number 1&2.

Some of us live with insomnia and its on record that most people who sleep less do so because their brains doesn't shut down quickly ie. Their brain is always working.

On being alone I am an introvert and it's not a secret that introverts do well and thrive better when alone, because we have strong imaginative ability.

Basically, this list is trash. Please forgive my sincerity I do that a lot.

1 Like

Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by pelumi2tu(f): 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
love this
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Bowwow11(m): 11:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
nice info
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Nostradamus: 11:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
am guilty of sleeping late at night, not exercising enough, over eating & loud headphones
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by CBNIM: 11:13pm On Feb 18, 2017
Noted!!!
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Iamthoney(m): 11:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
seyizma:
Let me quickly consult ifa if all these are true
Ifa is dead. It was my hand that moved against its life three days ago, Ifa refused have word with me so I separated its head from its neck out of sheer anger and placed it upon pike. Tell others what I just shared with you. Make them know that I'm not sorry for what I did, I'm just sorry they won't hear from Ifa again.
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by micmarvellous(m): 12:09am On Feb 19, 2017
GiftedJosh:
I have done all of this yet I'm still kicking stronger cool
Is what will kill you that'll kill you
What you don't know like my people say is your senior!
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 19, 2017
ATTENTION EVERYBORRI-ladies,gentlemen,mothers,fathers,uncles,aunties,brothers,sisters,nairalanders,witches,wizards,mods,and all the rest i 4got to mention... I NEVER GAVE A FVCK! grin :-/
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Rainmaker69(m): 2:59am On Feb 19, 2017
No scientific basis for any of these points. Did the op dream them up? I can tell you for free that the smartest people on the planet have 7 out of these habits (many of them aren't really habits).
Some people just put all sorts of facts together. Bad advice.

1 Like

Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by professore(m): 3:52am On Feb 19, 2017
Thanks poster
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Chinagurum1995(m): 4:51am On Feb 19, 2017
OK thanks for that information.
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by FengChui(m): 5:54am On Feb 19, 2017
Omotayor123:
shocked I am guilty of most oooshocked

Plus including smoking?
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 19, 2017
VastFinder:

2. Spend Much Time Alone

3. Eating Junk food

4. Headphones

5. Not Exercising Enough

6. Smoking

7. Over Eating

8. Staying In The Dark

Bros, that your point on smoking, make proper research and correct it.
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by AlPeter: 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
CzarChris:
OP, I beg to differ on number 1&2.

Some of us live with insomnia and its on record that most people who sleep less do so because their brains doesn't shut down quickly ie. Their brain is always working.

On being alone I am an introvert and it's not a secret that introverts do well and thrive better when alone, because we have strong imaginative ability.

Basically, this list is trash. Please forgive my sincerity I do that as lot.
no mind the yeye op.
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by Priceless200(f): 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
I am guilty of all.. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by charlesucheh(m): 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
OP!!! You see that Number 1 to 4 ehn!!! Walahi! E go hard o!!! Staying away from my headphone, going to bed on time, to stop eating junk foods!!! I'll just die!!! Abeg make d brain just scatter!!!
Re: 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain by bqlekan(m): 1:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
Damn! I sleep late and I eat a lot.. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? / Medical Facts Picture Series / What Can I Do About My Body Odour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.