Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) (49484 Views)

NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets In Nigeria / Agriculture Add Packaging To Your Business And Start Supply Supermarkets / In View (pics): Small Scale Garri Processing Factory At Ijebu Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by budusky05(m): 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2017

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
g
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by jordinsparkles(f): 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
Una sabi lie ehn! Shey Indians know wetin be garri? Which kine lie be dis, abeg upgrade your lies, or u find a better one. And one more thing, even if they know what cassava flour is, do they know how to or can they fry it.
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by mmsen: 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
If you do not buy it then the stores will stop stocking it.
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by omowolewa: 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
bad
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by Earth2Metahuman: 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
Question should be, is there a market for it?

Why blame indians that wants to export garri instead of one stupid ediot that will go to the store and buy indian garri instead of high quality ijebu garri?

If every country ban importation, how is nigeria going to export its own products to make forex?
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by martineverest(m): 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
world1:
Nigeria has been sold to Indians and Chinese (Asians) by our govt and the agencies.
italy,spain,greece,portugal etc are also guilty of these...england is gradually being invaded by chinese.

1 Like

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
sonofLuci:
What's wrong with Indian Gari? Ayahm not understanding
why should we be eating indian garri.........has garri finished in Nigeria or dont we have people making nice garri?............

2 Likes

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by seangy4konji: 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
why the poster and op no go collect loan or sell hin papa house go set up garri factory instead of wasting out megabyte here..

if u like complain till tomorrow...if u no fit set up garrri production your self then you be

AKUBE.
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by ephi123(f): 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
sonofLuci:
What's wrong with Indian Gari? Ayahm not understanding

You are truly not understanding cheesy, anyway enough people have answered you already.

1 Like

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by Nelgenius4me(m): 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
This is what happens when we are not proud of our own. Indians and the Chinese are playing ludo with our brains. They know that there are a lot of potentials in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by southpole: 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
Please I work with a government agency that monitor some of these items, may I know which market or super market this garri is sold? If anyone has an idea pls let me know. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by dragonking2: 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
world1:
Nigeria has been sold to Indians and Chinese (Asians) by our govt and the agencies.
All thanks to Buhari the dullard

2 Likes

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by pat1612(m): 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
world1:
This is sincerely an absurdity of monumental proportion and a shame. Our government and regulatory agencies (if they still exist) should cover their faces in shame. I would like to ask: how much were you paid in bribe? Is this how far we are mentally bankrup? we are indeed in a big mess in this nation. Can you imagine imported garri from India now selling in shops in Nigeria and NAFDAC approve this?
Habaaaaaa Gari again? So we finally have consigned our dear country to a dumping ground for all forms of Asian mindless madness. Nigeria is the worlds largest producer of cassava for crying out loud but here we are shamelessly displaying Indian made garri not corn flakes on our shelves. Do we still have the Customs service, do we still have NAFDAC and other such regulatory agencies. This is indeed a shame, that must be condemned by all well meaning, patriotic and passionate Nigerians. We do hope that if need be these government agencies who look the other way when this poorly produced products are hauled into our nation should get set to meet Nigerians on the street in hot protest. We think that it should now be enough of this broad day light rape of our economy and our collective wealth as a nation.
In the same token, we call out on Nigerian to not just condemned this shameful act but to match such condemnation with a clear statement in action refusing to purchase such foreign made goods that Nigeria has better potential to produce. This call has become important because a great deal of Nigerians have a funny penchant for goods produced outside the shores of Nigeria even if these goods are substandard, and pose obvious threats to our health and well being. It is instructive to note that today the WHO ranks Nigeria so low on some key health indices, that our dear Nation lags behind almost all much smaller African nations.
Dear country men and women, here is a frantic and heartfelt call to redeem what is left of our national pride. Please may we all rise to condemn the importation of garri of all thing. Please let's rebroadcast this on all meddium of mass reach - ELECTRONIC and PRINT, until it arrives the corridors of decision making in this country

Adeniyi Sola Bunmi
Executive Director
Natural Nutrient Limited

OP which place did u find this product and have you seen NAFDAC number on it ??
If their is no NAFDAC on it please report to NAFDAC with location of product also its not just garri many product are brought in country which are not registered so its better if any one of us find such product we report to appropriate authority and raise issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by anonimi: 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
whose with me,i think we should start a twitter protest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by Malawian(m): 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
world1:

Alot is wrong with it.
Nigeria is the largest producer of cassava. How on earth should we be importing gari into our market? We are not encouraging our industry to grow at all. Umudike and IITA should have better technologies for the processing of cassava into gari than importing from India.
deal with "herdsmen" first, before garri importers

1 Like

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by adecz: 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
Audu Ogbe.... Why??

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
raayah:
OP, I don't think Indian garri should not be imported.

I think you're missing the big picture. It seems like this might be an Indian delicacy ( it might taste different).

Since a lot of Indians live in Nigeria, it makes sense that there's a store that imports Indian food and sells it here.

Same thing that happens in places like Canada or even the U.S. using indomie as an example, there are local noodles but Nigerians might prefer to buy indomie.

It will become a problem, if your local market was selling imported garri from India not a fancy store. I really doubt that imported Indian garri is sold at the local market. This is not something to shout about.

Got nothing to say to you. Just doing my bit to fuel the hate. tongue
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by Agimor(m): 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
We all need to kill this malady call corruption before it kill us.

To even think that we have garri in commercial quantity, is not that the commodity is scarce ohh.

Customs and Nafdac are mad.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by anonimi: 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
southpole:
Please I work with a government agency that monitor some of these items, may I know which market or super market this garri is sold? If anyone has an idea pls let me know. Thanks

Google the information from the OP na.

Adeniyi Sola Bunmi
Executive Director
Natural Nutrient Limited

as a starting point.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by UncutSk(m): 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
world1:

Alot is wrong with it.
Nigeria is the largest producer of cassava. How on earth should we be importing gari into our market? We are not encouraging our industry to grow at all. Umudike and IITA should have better technologies for the processing of cassava into gari than importing from India.
oga free my school oo, never see garri drink oo
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
I know some Nigerians will still buy this 'imported' garri to show off embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by anonimi: 4:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
adecz:
Audu Ogbe.... Why??

Which Audu Ogbe?
The Brazilian grass importer or another one

The Federal Government of Nigeria is importing grasses that will be used to feed cows in the northern part of the country.

Minister of Agriculture and rural development, Audu Ogbeh who made the disclosure Wednesday said this is to curtail the frequent clashes between arm bearing Fulani cattle breeders and farmers.
According to Ogbeh, the Muhammadu Buhari was setting up grazing areas in various states of the federation as a response to the clashes.

http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/grazing-reserve-fg-to-import-grass-from-brazil-ogbeh/

1 Like

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by sonnie10: 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
Did anyone notice where on the pack it says 500g = 1.1 pounds. Indians deceiving Nigerians
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by raayah(f): 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
Haute:

Got nothing to say to you. Just doing my bit to fuel the hate. tongue

What hate?
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by adecz: 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
The nonsense economic policies of this govt has so warped up everything that, ppl import products, pay shipping & duties but still make profit..
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by mr1759: 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
ppl want to render us useless in this country

that is how they started taking our crude oil out small, small before you know there no need to use the local refinery again.

how can someone important garri I think they should jail the ppl

2 Likes

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by anonimi: 4:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
Malawian:
deal with "herdsmen" first, before garri importers

Why can't they be dealt with simultaneously
What is the limitation?
What is YOUR constraint?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

3 Likes

Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by Richdipo(m): 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Pls so whose fault is it that Nigeria is not developing it products and brands, in international market it's allow, how many garri have u seen with such branding and packaging
world1:

Alot is wrong with it.
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
raayah:

What hate?

Hatred of Nairaland men.
Re: Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos) by ehissi(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
Foolish government......... undecided

Import Cheap Cars through the land borders? No!....... angry

Import expensive garri through the land borders? Yes...... grin

Nonsense and ingredients............. angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is Bush Rat, Alligator, Grasscutter, Rabbit And Reptile TRAP / Ekpeye Fisherman Kills A Manatee In Rivers (Photos) / Latvia's Iconic Blue Cows (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.