Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p (20709 Views)

Fashola Inspects Reconstruction Of Enugu - Port Harcourt Road (Photos) / Obiano Inspects Construction Work At Nando / "SARS Officials Shoot Man Dead In Bodo City & Hijack Ballot Boxes" (Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by duni04(m): 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
mmsen:

Where did I mention government?

If you look at a lot of the hardware being used to transport oil and gas it is evident that it hasn't been updated in aeons. The same is true for the refineries.

The investors who bought the GENCOS did not want to upgrade the hardware without first increasing subsidies.
Again sir, you're talking trash. I don't even think you have any clue as to what you're saying or the facts on ground.
Obasanjo's regime started the National integrated power project. It involved the construction of power plants in many locations across the country. One thing the project did not envisage was the security of the pipelines that would convey gas to these power stations. No these power stations or the gas pipelines supplying them were not built aeons ago, they were built very recently. Security remains a very vital issue in ensuring stable power in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by dcncorneils: 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
aminho:
Brf is working
I beg wetin b BRF?
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by dcncorneils: 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
Mmmmmmm!!!!!" we re watching oooo
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by aminho(m): 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
dcncorneils:
I beg wetin b BRF?
babatunde raji fashola and acronym
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
SunnyBlaze1:
Looks like abandoned project to me undecided

Oga Fash, go ahead with the good work, that thing crying over there is not a human but one of the many frustrated Igbos who cannot identify good things not to talk of doing one...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by Ajibel(m): 6:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
ephi123:

And how many months has Fash been minister?

Ma'am why are you running away from the argument/ question? grin
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by ephi123(f): 6:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ajibel:

Ma'am why are you running away from the argument/ question? grin

Sir, why are you also not answering the questions I asked?
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by Ajibel(m): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
ephi123:

Sir, why are you also not answering the questions I asked?

I asked you first.

Anyway, to your question Fashola assumed office in November 2015. That's about 14 months now.

And he has made some progress. For instance two power plants Zungeru project and one other with a combined capacity of over 1000 MW would be coming on stream this year.

Also, solar panels that would generate about 1,300 MW would also come on stream before the end of the year.

So there would be improvements in electricity hopefully by the end of the year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by ephi123(f): 7:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ajibel:

I asked you first.

Anyway, to your question Fashola assumed office in November 2015. That's about 14 months now.

And he has made some progress. For instance two power plants Zungeru project and one other with a combined capacity of over 1000 MW would be coming on stream this year.

Also, solar panels that would generate about 1,300 MW would also come on stream before the end of the year.

So there would be improvements in electricity hopefully by the end of the year.

Lots of futuristic comments, so let's come back at the end of the year and see what has been done. Until then, as far as I am concerned, Fashola is struggling. You do not have to agree.
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
ephi123:
Dude should be left to focus on Works while someone else faces Power. There is only so much 1 person can do.
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by Ajibel(m): 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
ephi123:

Lots of futuristic comments, so let's come back at the end of the year and see what has been done. Until then, as far as I am concerned, Fashola is struggling. You do not have to agree.

Futuristic?

Are you doubting that such projects are on going?

Do you want these power plants to be built in a matter of days?

I do not have to agree or you dont want to give Fash the benefit of a doubt? I am only trying to enlighten you on the activities of Fashola and his efforts at improving power supply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by ephi123(f): 7:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ajibel:

Futuristic?

Are you doubting that such projects are on going?

Do you want these power plants to be built in a matter of days?

I do not have to agree or you dont want to give Fash the benefit of a doubt? I am only trying to enlighten you on the activities of Fashola and his efforts at improving power supply.

Yep. It is futuristic until it is done.
Efforts don't count for anything unless they produce results - which in this case it is yet to.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by Ajibel(m): 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
ephi123:

Yep. It is futuristic until it is done.
Efforts don't count for anything unless they produce results - which in this case it is yet to.

Definitely they would produce results but the reason we had this argument was because it was unfair of you to claim Fash is overwhelmed and he is doing nothing. He is very much active in the capacity he can as a Min of Power as much as he is doing to the works Ministry.

You can follow https://twitter.com/fmpwhng for updates on what he is doing.

Thanks ma'am smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by ephi123(f): 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ajibel:

Definitely they would produce results but the reason we had this argument was because it was unfair of you to claim Fash is overwhelmed and he is doing nothing. He is very much active in the capacity he can as a Min of Power as much as he is doing to the works Ministry.

You can follow https://twitter.com/fmpwhng for updates on what he is doing.

Thanks ma'am smiley

I still maintain my stand but thanks for the link, I will certainly keep tabs on it.
Have a good evening.

smiley
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by Ajibel(m): 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
ephi123:

I still maintain my stand but thanks for the link, I will certainly keep tabs on it.
Have a good evening.

smiley

You mean I haven't been able to convince you beyond reasonable doubts for you to shift your stand? embarassed

Good evening ma'am wink
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by ephi123(f): 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ajibel:

You mean I haven't been able to convince you beyond reasonable doubts for you to shift your stand? embarassed

Good evening ma'am wink

You really are tenacious!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by Ajibel(m): 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
ephi123:

You really are tenacious!! smiley

Well, I could say the same for you too because you've also clung to your opinion and have refused to shift ground. Except maybe you have a personal beef with Fash, and you don't like him at all and that might be what the issue is. Because people wont see any good in what someone they already dislike does.

I hope it's no so ma'am please wink
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by ephi123(f): 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ajibel:

Well, I could say the same for you too because you've also clung to your opinion and have refused to shift ground. Except maybe you have a personal beef with Fash, and you don't like him at all and that might be what the issue is. Because people wont see any good in what someone they already dislike does.

I hope it's no so ma'am please wink

Not at all. I very much respect Fashola, I saw what he did in Lagos and how he transformed it. He's got what it takes to deliver, which is why I had high expectations for him when he was appointed as a Minister. Hopefully, he will come through.
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by Ajibel(m): 10:24pm On Feb 19, 2017
ephi123:

Not at all. I very much respect Fashola, I saw what he did in Lagos and how he transformed it. He's got what it takes to deliver, which is why I had high expectations for him when he was appointed as a Minister. Hopefully, he will come through.

Everyone had high expectations of him. Personally, I was beginning to get disappointed in him but when I started following his articles, speeches and projects via the twitter handle I shared with you, I realised he is doing so much but the media has chosen not to document it.

They'll rather carry news of him allegedly involved in contract procurement mess and all that.

He's going to deliver. I so much believe in the man and he wont let you down too. cool
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by ephi123(f): 10:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ajibel:

Everyone had high expectations of him. Personally, I was beginning to get disappointed in him but when I started following his articles, speeches and projects via the twitter handle I shared with you, I realised he is doing so much but the media has chosen not to document it.

They'll rather carry news of him allegedly involved in contract procurement mess and all that.

He's going to deliver. I so much believe in the man and he wont let you down too. cool

Thank you Ajibel. I totally see where you are coming from now. We can but only wish him success because when he succeeds, everyone will benefit from it. I will keep track on the link you shared.

It's been a great conversation. Have a good evening and a great week ahead.

Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by Ajibel(m): 10:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
ephi123:

Thank you Ajibel. I totally see where you are coming from now. We can but only wish him success because when he succeeds, everyone will benefit from it. I will keep track on the link you shared.

It's been a great conversation. Have a good evening and a great week ahead.

Cheers smiley

Exactly ma'am. It's our wish for him to succeed and if we are to criticise him, it should be done constructively. He is a human like us but he holds so much promise to make things better.

https://www.nairaland.com/3164383/want-nigerian-promise-fulfilled-before

I'm glad we at least agreed on something at the end. I just couldn't chicken out of the discussion grin

It's my pleasure discussing with you too.

Have a great week ahead ma'am smiley
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by irepsuccess: 12:25am On Feb 20, 2017
EVILFOREST:
....always INSPECTING and doing nothing
so, u want them to compete the projects in a day?
projects are meant to be inspected when Tz ongoing. #roger that!
Re: Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p by SupaTee: 1:05am On Feb 20, 2017
Looks like abandoned project to me
Yes, it was actually abandoned by previous gov't, including the Niger Deltan President

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dasuki Granted N200 Million Bail By Abuja Court / Odumakin Will Soon Know He Has No Immunity Like Presidents – Sagay / NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.