Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,079 members, 7,818,233 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Atheist Holy Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Holy Day (2744 Views)

A Florida Court Sets Atheist Holy Day / A Florida Court Sets Atheist Holy Day / Joke: Florida Court Sets Atheist Holy Day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Holy Day by Edalv: 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2009
FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY

In Florida , an atheist created a case against the upcoming Easter and Passover Holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians and Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring,"Case dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honor, How can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays, "

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant." The lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."

The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fools Day. Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day. Court is adjourned." ;

You gotta love a Judge that knows his scripture!
Re: Atheist Holy Day by mesings: 3:29pm On Dec 09, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheist Holy Day by tanimz(f): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2009
LOL so true, what do they want to observe?
Re: Atheist Holy Day by banom(m): 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2009
tanimz:

LOL so true, what do they want to observe?

Lack of believe in the God that created them.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Kay17: 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2009
though that was silly, the atheists have no special day and why compel the court to give one. and on the judge's judgement, he allowed his personal convictions to get over his work. thus he could as well have an unfavourable attitude towards a muslim or Jew
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2009
Kay 17:

though that was silly, the atheists have no special day and why compel the court to give one. and on the judge's judgement, he allowed his personal convictions to get over his work. thus he could as well have an unfavourable attitude towards a muslim or Jew

probably because most of them, like you, have no idea what an atheist actually is. It really isnt just a collection of folks angry at Jesus (CFAJ).
Re: Atheist Holy Day by mazaje(m): 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2009
davidylan:

probably because most of them, like you, have no idea what an atheist actually is. It really isnt just a collection of folks angry at Jesus (CFAJ).

Can you show us what jesus has done to us that will make us "angry" with him? I know that your silly delusions will love to make you believe that we are angry at your myths. . .but any way enjoy your delusions. . . . .
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Kay17: 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2009
or angry at Mohammed or Guru mara, or buddha or moses or Zeus?
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2009
mazaje:

Can you show us what jesus has done to us that will make us "angry" with him? I know that your silly delusions will love to make you believe that we are angry at your myths. . .but any way enjoy your delusions. . . . .

Same ol idiocy again and again and again . . . "can you show us"? Did i ever at any point indicate an interest in showing you anything? There must be other sections you can visit no?

Kay 17:

or angry at Mohammed or Guru mara, or buddha or moses or Zeus?

I might be convinced when i see your threads harassing the hindus to "show you proof".
Re: Atheist Holy Day by DeepSight(m): 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2009
Kay 17 - In many ways you remind me of the gentleman on this forum who goes about under the pseudonym - "Atheists."

That gentleman is the least engaaging of all the "Atheists" on this forum.

I will like to know what you are in fact -

1. An atheist

2. An agnostic

In doing so please answer for me these questions -

1. What is Atheism?

2. What is agnosticism?

3. What do these mean to you in your personal life?

Please do not consult a dictionary or wikipedia, just answer off the top of your head. Thanks.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by mazaje(m): 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2009
davidylan:

Same ol idiocy again and again and again . . . "can you show us"? Did i ever at any point indicate an interest in showing you anything? There must be other sections you can visit no?

More deluded rants. . . .I understand that your delusions will love to have you believe that we are angry with your mythical tales. . . . but hey enjoy your delusions. . . .
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2009
mazaje:

More deluded rants. . . .I understand that your delusions will love to have you belief that we are angry with your mythical tales. . . . but hey enjoy your delusions. . . .

This has been repeated on a previous thread . . . surely your brain can come up with something else to say.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by mazaje(m): 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2009
davidylan:

This has been repeated on a previous thread . . . surely your brain can come up with something else to say.

Does it matter that it has been repeated? Enjoy your delusions. . . . .
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Kay17: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2009
religion is the major cause of unnecessary conflict around the world. there is this osama guy that wants to convert the whole world to his Islam, also this judge, his intolerance blinded him to the status of his profession as a judge who expected be impartial in dispensing justice and by this example, he didn't.  though the atheist had a frivolous case, the judge's intolerance would inadvertently reflect on every case he handles.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2009
Kay 17:

religion is the major cause of unnecessary conflict around the world. there is this osama guy that wants to convert the whole world to his Islam, also this judge, his intolerance blinded him to the status of his profession as a judge who expected be impartial in dispensing justice and by this example, he didn't.  though the atheist had a frivolous case, the judge's intolerance would inadvertently reflect on every case he handles.

Stalin, Hitler, Burundi, Angola, Congo, Rwanda, Iraq, North Korea, Pol Pot . . .

Yeah religion is the major cause of unecessary conflict around the world. And i'd wager christianity, hinduism or scientology is causing conflict where exactly?
Re: Atheist Holy Day by DeepSight(m): 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2009
Kay17 - I still await your response to the below.

Yours patiently;

DS.

Deep Sight:

Kay 17 - In many ways you remind me of the gentleman on this forum who goes about under the pseudonym - "Atheists."

1. An atheist

2. An agnostic

1. What is Atheism?

2. What is agnosticism?

Please do not consult a dictionary or wikipedia, just answer off the top of your head. Thanks.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2009
Deep Sight:

Kay17 - I still await your response to the below.

Yours patiently;

DS.

you'd be waiting in vain.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by DeepSight(m): 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2009
Kay17 -

Its been several hours now. I have seen you posting in other threads.

Why can't you answer these simple questions of mine, eh?
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2009
Deep Sight:

Kay17 -

Its been several hours now. I have seen you posting in other threads.

Why can't you answer these simple questions of mine, eh?

I have reminded him on 2 threads now . . . its clear he is deliberately ignoring this.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by mavenbox: 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2009
^^^ lol
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Tudor6(f): 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2009
Deep Sight:

1. An atheist

2. An agnostic

1. What is Atheism?

2. What is agnosticism?

He's in no way obliged to answer your question, is he now?
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Kay17: 8:47pm On Dec 09, 2009
davidylan:

Stalin, Hitler, Burundi, Angola, Congo, Rwanda, Iraq, North Korea, Pol Pot . . .

Yeah religion is the major cause of unecessary conflict around the world. And i'd wager christianity, hinduism or scientology is causing conflict where exactly?
 are you aware of the 300 year war, the northern ireland crisis, osama and his friends, Jews and Muslims in the middle east, the war in Bosnia-Herzegovina was among three faith groups, (Muslim, Roman Catholic, and Serbian Orthodox), the horrendous civil war in Sudan has a significant religious component among Muslims, Christians and Animists and had run for over 30 years, there is in iraq, india, east timor, kosovo, Kashmir,nigeria,ivory coast, south africa, thailand, tibet, uganda and almost every place on this planet has experienced religious conflicts. intolerance breeds conflict. also all the mass extermination perpetuated by the Israelites with the holy blessing of God. @ deep sight, i have indicated many times my leanings, i do not BELIEVE in any religion or in PINK unicorns and religion is incapable of standing on truth. or do you want me to write a treatise on it?
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 09, 2009
@ poster and anyone who loved this joke

You are the fools and ignorant.

For one no atheist would go reclaiming for a HOLY day. You guys have no idea what atheism is all about and I am not surprised. You don't even know a damn about your own religion talkless of knowing why others despise it so much.

Anyways I am reporting this thread for insulting a whole group of people because of what they don't believe in. You are free to call your family members fools but I am not your mother or sister for you to insult me.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by manmustwac(m): 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2009
An athiest dose not believe in any god so theres no point in going to any court to fight for Athiest recognised Holy holidays. Whats Holy about being an Athiest We're not religious so the joke dosen't make sense.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2009
Tudór:

He's in no way obliged to answer your question, is he now?

No he's not . . . as long as he doesnt act surprised when others ignore his own "questions" too.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2009
Kay 17:

are you aware of the 300 year war, the northern ireland crisis, osama and his friends, Jews and Muslims in the middle east, the war in Bosnia-Herzegovina was among three faith groups, (Muslim, Roman Catholic, and Serbian Orthodox), the horrendous civil war in Sudan has a significant religious component among Muslims, Christians and Animists and had run for over 30 years, there is in iraq, india, east timor, kosovo, Kashmir,nigeria,ivory coast, south africa, thailand, tibet, uganda and almost every place on this planet has experienced religious conflicts. intolerance breeds conflict. also all the mass extermination perpetuated by the Israelites with the holy blessing of God. @ deep sight, i have indicated many times my leanings, i do not BELIEVE in any religion or in PINK unicorns and religion is incapable of standing on truth. or do you want me to write a treatise on it?

- What has the 300 yr war got to do with the 21st century?
- Was the northern ireland crisis to do with religion?
- Osama, the middle east . . . are to do with err what religion exactly? what have you snivelling coward not besieged the muslims and instead couched your piffle as "religion"? Is Osama a scientologist or a hindu?
- What conflicts in Nigeria, Kashmir, Ivory Coast, South African, thailand, tibet and Uganda have been fueled by religion and WHICH RELIGION?
- Mass extermination by Israelites 2000 yrs ago is what you're complaining about?

Dude get a brain.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2009
michelin89:

For one no atheist would go reclaiming for a HOLY day. You guys have no idea what atheism is all about and I am not surprised. You don't even know a damn about your own religion talkless of knowing why others despise it so much.

Anyways I am reporting this thread for insulting a whole group of people because of what they don't believe in. You are free to call your family members fools but I am not your mother or sister for you to insult me.

1. We know what atheism is about - a cowardly way of refusing to take moral responsibility for your life.

2. We know why you "despise" christianity . . . (funny since none of you ever despises islam, scientology or sango worshipers) its because you hate the moral discipline it forces on you. It has nothing to do with what christianity has done to you.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2009
davidylan:

1. We know what atheism is about - a cowardly way of refusing to take moral responsibility for your life.

2. We know why you "despise" christianity . . . (funny since none of you ever despises islam, scientology or sango worshipers) its because you hate the moral discipline it forces on you. It has nothing to do with what christianity has done to you.

Whatever David.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by mesings: 9:21am On Dec 10, 2009
@ all the atheist in the house

i always wondered, how does it feel to live without hope?
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Edalv: 9:42am On Dec 10, 2009
[quote a
michelin89:

uthor=davidylan link=topic=363977.msg5080689#msg5080689 date=1260389121]

[quote][/quote]

No one need tell who the fool is. You obviously and your so called fellow atheist are.

It's better you stop replying so you dont keep showing how foolish you are.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by Kay17: 10:08am On Dec 10, 2009
davidylan:

- What has the 300 yr war got to do with the 21st century?
- Was the northern ireland crisis to do with religion?
- Osama, the middle east . . . are to do with err what religion exactly? what have you snivelling coward not besieged the muslims and instead couched your piffle as "religion"? Is Osama a scientologist or a hindu?
- What conflicts in Nigeria, Kashmir, Ivory Coast, South African, thailand, tibet and Uganda have been fueled by religion and WHICH RELIGION?
- Mass extermination by Israelites 2000 yrs ago is what you're complaining about?

Dude get a brain.
  davidylan, is an ill-informed foool, why are you on this thread? i has dawned on me that davidylan is the most ignorant and blind member of nl. you ask what religious conflict was in kashmir, you wonder what religious conflict was in northern ireland?, a nigerian surprised that there is religious clashes in nigeria? all the suicide bombing and hostage taking in Russia, suicide-bombing in Iraq and Afghanistan, and you ask what relevance time as to it, Stalin and Hitler committed atrocities in the 20th century. besides the Catholic Church supported Hitler because, it felt Bolsheviks were servants of the Devil. Denouncing Hitler, would have saved the 18 million Russians and 6 million Jews.   GUY, GO TO SCHOOL AND READ A LOT OF NEWSPAPERS!   the mass murder can not be cleansed by time.
Re: Atheist Holy Day by toneyb: 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
davidylan:

Sorry you don't know anything at all. Where is your evidence to show that christians take more moral responsibility for their lives better than atheist? The best law abiding countries with the lowest crimes, lowest corruption, equality of sexes, highest life expectancy and best social systems in the world to day happen to be atheist countries(Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Netherland). Can you compare the moral responsibility that is obtainable in a country like Sweden where about 90% of its population are atheist to southern Nigeria where a mojority of the populace are Christians? You are truly a deluded person.

2. We know why you "despise" christianity . . . (funny since none of you ever despises islam, scientology or sango worshipers) its because you hate the moral discipline it forces on you.  It has nothing to do with what christianity has done to you.

Mazaje, Tudor, bindex, Huxley etc. Do these name sound like people that Honour Islam? . Your are really trying too hard, What is the moral discipline that Christianity forces on people? You don't have a higher moral credibility than any atheist here and that is a FACT. Where is your evidence to show that Christians have more moral values or crediblity than atheist? A look around the world says that you do not know what you are talking about. Some times I wonder why people come on the internet only to keep embarassing themselves all the time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mansions Of Pastor Adeboye & Other Heroes Of Faith In Heaven -3rd Encounter Pt 2 / Are You A Witch, Satanist, Wizard Or Occultist? Ask Jesus Into Your Heart / The Last Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.