Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,097 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) (40208 Views)

12 Amazing African Inventions That Changed The World / Sapele Schoolgirl, Success And Her Parents Speak On How Their Lives Have Changed / 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by sarmiie(m): 7:00am On Feb 21, 2017
I hate maths.... But that's like saying I hate music. Its complex and beautiful at the same time...
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by taurustm(m): 7:00am On Feb 21, 2017
It's good to be a mathematician and mathematics itself becomes more interesting when you know its applications. I'm proud to be a mathematician.

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by VastFinder: 7:03am On Feb 21, 2017
I keep wondering what it really change on this planet...

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 21, 2017
livinus009:
Did it change the fact that World will come to an end??

Mxm, a totally off point statement here.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by kaymart: 7:03am On Feb 21, 2017
how about HESEINBERG UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE
ARCHIMEDES PRINCIPLE, HOOKE's law and The LAWS OF MAGNETISM?

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by mecussey(m): 7:04am On Feb 21, 2017
Vicben:
E=MC^2 is not on the list. that's another powerful (Physics) Maths equation.

Yea..one of the most powerful this century.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 21, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

I keep wondering why those math courses have simply-silly names: partial differential equations: you go think say the course go easy as na 'partial' and not complete. Na so we do one mat201 course wey dem call 'ordinary differential equations'. O'boy, there's nothing ordinary in that course. Na so so 2nd, 3rd and 4th derivatives full that course. Person never finish first derivative, na to dey struggle with 2nd, 3rd and 4th; that wan na die.

Have you noticed that the final solutions to those differential equations are more complex than the original problem? How then is that a solution? You solve a simple linear differential eqn and your answer becomes quotients of complex numbers, how is that a solution?

Na waoh!

How funny i got ODE (ordinary differential equation) exam today at 2 o'clock. My brother i don lose hope, i never understand first order, talk more of second or third order.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 21, 2017
Vicben:

Thats the cause of doom, the birth of nuclear energy, the END OF THE WORLD, that's if the equation can be modified better.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by MissNairaland1: 7:10am On Feb 21, 2017
Gimmicks
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by benuejosh: 7:11am On Feb 21, 2017
calculus... As an economist, you can't do without it. it is very vital.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Rhaspody(m): 7:12am On Feb 21, 2017
I remember how I got extra marks cos I derived a equation complex equation from scratch.. mathematics made me love production economics

2 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by zealz4u(m): 7:12am On Feb 21, 2017
Hmmmmmm.....some people won't like dis, especially those dat can't find x & y in simple equations. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 21, 2017
These are elementary mathematics.
You have not mentioned
Differentiation
integration etc.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Efewestern: 7:13am On Feb 21, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

I keep wondering why those math courses have simply-silly names: partial differential equations: you go think say the course go easy as na 'partial' and not complete. Na so we do one mat201 course wey dem call 'ordinary differential equations'. O'boy, there's nothing ordinary in that course. Na so so 2nd, 3rd and 4th derivatives full that course. Person never finish first derivative, na to dey struggle with 2nd, 3rd and 4th; that wan na die.

Have you noticed that the final solutions to those differential equations are more complex than the original problem? How then is that a solution? You solve a simple linear differential eqn and your answer becomes quotients of complex numbers, how is that a solution?

Na waoh!

And you talk of complex analysis, real analysis, Numerical analysis.. mathematics is fun.

that ODE was somehow.. you remember the proof for First order Partial derivative?..
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Lightening: 7:14am On Feb 21, 2017
Vicben:

The OP just inserted it now. Check again
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Efewestern: 7:16am On Feb 21, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

How funny i got ODE (ordinary differential equation) exam today at 2 o'clock. My brother i don lose hope, i never understand first order, talk more of second or third order.

you should have created a thread.. some of us can help you out..
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by realhumanity: 7:16am On Feb 21, 2017
if you do not love mathematics, you do not love challenge. Very sweet and it widens your scope of reasoning without you knowing it.

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by martinsfm(m): 7:17am On Feb 21, 2017
rottennaija:
@op, it would be good if you tell us how they apply in the world
im guessing ure nt science inclined... some how some how...they all have applied
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by timmykaydude: 7:17am On Feb 21, 2017
Rawswag,comman see.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Tedassie(m): 7:17am On Feb 21, 2017
acenazt:
math! the course i wish never existed, make papa God Roast Them Pythagoras And Him Guys Those Damn Mathematicians.
Lol...you forget,everything God created in the universe has a mathematical backing to it...numbers basically define life processes.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by realhumanity: 7:18am On Feb 21, 2017
ToriBlue:
You have not mentioned
Differentiation
integration etc.
lmao
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by realhumanity: 7:18am On Feb 21, 2017
ToriBlue:
You have not mentioned
Differentiation
integration etc.
lmao
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 21, 2017
rottennaija:
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by arhziz: 7:21am On Feb 21, 2017
acenazt:
math! the course i wish never existed, make papa God Roast Them Pythagoras And Him Guys Those Damn Mathematicians.
just because you no sense in something doesn't mean it's irrelevant bro, mathematical applications is the root of most scientific inventions
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 21, 2017
realhumanity:

lmao
What's so funny?
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by dazzlingd(m): 7:22am On Feb 21, 2017
acenazt:
mathematics was not created to create problems but to solve problems
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by realhumanity: 7:23am On Feb 21, 2017
ToriBlue:
What's so funny?

Most of these formula's are derivation from common concept of integration and differentiation.

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by iyimide(m): 7:24am On Feb 21, 2017
See Unilorin people o.. funny u have the same mat number sequence as my beloved wife..
0955eb027:
Mat 402 Partial differential equation..
Thats how Prof Adeniyi asked us to derive D'alemberts wave equation.
Eyes con dey red for inside exam hall.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Aburi001: 7:25am On Feb 21, 2017
rottennaija:
After you don cracked your brain and pass all this yeye calculations. You will find work taya without getting one.

One illiterate might finally give a job and dictate a ridiculous amount as your salary.

Tell Dangote to solve Quadratic Equation now, na F9 straight grin

2 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by popcykaylah(m): 7:26am On Feb 21, 2017
You forgot to add the Nigerian equation. .2 + 2= 22...polithiefcians will understand

2 Likes

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by plaetton: 7:31am On Feb 21, 2017
rottennaija:
They all apply to your every day life.

Every activity that you are involved in, every single aspect of your life , including your thinking, incorporates one, few or all the mathematical equations and relationships between numbers.

Mathematics, the relationship between numbers, is the fundamental law of all existence.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by israel90: 7:31am On Feb 21, 2017
Allwility:
I have a rationale that could disprove a corollary of the second law of thermodynamics. It's being in my head since my uni days. If I release this rationale, I fear it would render Equation 12 on that list invalid and create constant energy which would be a terrible thing for mankind. gringrin
How¿

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Student Moulds Bronze Sculpture Of The Ooni Of Ife For His Project (Photos) / Sex Scandal: UNN Suspends Mfonobong Udoudom Indefinitely, Launches Probe / Unrest At FUTMINNA Since Yesterday Evening (Graphic Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.