Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) (40207 Views)

12 Amazing African Inventions That Changed The World / Sapele Schoolgirl, Success And Her Parents Speak On How Their Lives Have Changed / 5 Most Dangerous Snakes In The World.[pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by excellent2013(m): 9:07am On Feb 21, 2017
Include Prof Oyibo GAGUT Theorem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by buffalowings: 9:13am On Feb 21, 2017
livinus009:
Did it change the fact that World will come to an end??

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Allergic(m): 9:14am On Feb 21, 2017
The Relativity equation.... mehn!

E = mc 2

That thing changed the World and ended WWII. It was so power that Albert Einstein just came up with the formula and some group of people far away made the bomb.

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by rottennaija(m): 9:17am On Feb 21, 2017
martinsfm:
im guessing ure nt science inclined... some how some how...they all have applied

I am. What I meant was that many wouldn't appreciate them, unless he show how they apply in real life
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Allergic(m): 9:18am On Feb 21, 2017
plaetton:

Knowledge is it's own reward.
What you do with it is up you.

Without mathematics and those who apply it, you would still be living in caves.
Everything , every convenience of life that you take for granted today came about by the sheer application of mathematical knowledge.
If you don't use yours, others will.
Those others will be the ones blasting rockets and spaceships to other worlds and galaxies , while you and your type are daily on your knees supplicating to the empty sky to come and rapture you into space, your so-called heaven.

Chew on that.

Spot on Bro, even the cars we drive today, if we see the mathematical applications that go into them....you will just thank God for human intelligence.

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by NevetsIbot(m): 9:24am On Feb 21, 2017
UniQuegrACE:
really? but I love maths honey, maths is life
please! The thought of it jst gives me headache.... How I managed to pass it in my O'Level is still a mystery
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by fufuNegusi(m): 9:28am On Feb 21, 2017
Allwility:
I have a rationale that could disprove a corollary of the second law of thermodynamics. It's being in my head since my uni days. If I release this rationale, I fear it would render Equation 12 on that list invalid and create constant energy which would be a terrible thing for mankind. gringrin

abeg, i take God beg you....RELEASE AM grin

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by mohammedmuz: 9:32am On Feb 21, 2017
marshborn:
For maths lovers only wink
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by DavidEsq(m): 9:33am On Feb 21, 2017
rottennaija:
@op, it would be good if you tell us how they apply in the world
A very foolish OP. When I was ezpeting to c how we cld also use to reduce our dollar/Naira wahala or look for Buhari angry
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 21, 2017
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Drsheddy(m): 9:35am On Feb 21, 2017
excellent2013:
Include Prof Oyibo GAGUT Theorem

Yes yes.. Very necessary
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by samnijazz: 9:36am On Feb 21, 2017
The Jews are the best in mathematics and CHEMISTRY
mohammedmuz:

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by stonemasonn: 9:36am On Feb 21, 2017
acenazt:
math! the course i wish never existed, make papa God Roast Them Pythagoras And Him Guys Those Damn Mathematicians.
Papa God himself is a mathematician. Mathematics is the true religion.

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by yoged(m): 9:40am On Feb 21, 2017
Vicben:
E=MC^2 is not on the list. that's another powerful (Physics) Maths equation.
always pay attention. Check Number 13 on the list.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by mohammedmuz: 9:40am On Feb 21, 2017
samnijazz:
The Jews are the best in mathematics and CHEMISTRY
Indians are d best in Maths.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 21, 2017
NevetsIbot:
please! The thought of it jst gives me headache.... How I managed to pass it in my O'Level is still a mystery
grin
NevetsIbot:
lol, OK oooo.
how are you doing?
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Lorddominic(m): 9:49am On Feb 21, 2017
Vicben:

Tell me...how do u xpect it to be on d list wen it made negative impact on d world and humanity...ATOMIC BOMB
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by olawonder(m): 9:56am On Feb 21, 2017
Mathematics = Mad-Man-Tactics
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by spinoff: 10:03am On Feb 21, 2017
Vicben:

Why wait? Release it, moreover isn't that what mankind has also done? The world is waiting
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 21, 2017
Allwility:
I have a rationale that could disprove a corollary of the second law of thermodynamics. It's being in my head since my uni days. If I release this rationale, I fear it would render Equation 12 on that list invalid and create constant energy which would be a terrible thing for mankind. gringrin

U need add Linus to your name Oga. Wetin u dey wait for to get popular?
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Welrez(m): 10:29am On Feb 21, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
When I saw the thread heading, I knew Pythagoras would be the #1. That eqn birthed the geometry aspect of mathematics.

Let me tell you a story.

When I was in js2, I left the school hostel and travelled home. Unfortunately, I met no one at home as my parents travelled (there was no handset then). I had to return to school the next morning after sleeping in my neighbours place. I didn't have a dime left on me as I had hoped to get some cash from home. On getting to the bus stop, I pleaded with a passenger to allow me sit on his laps so i wont have to pay transport fare. It was a small car, owned by young lad who wanted to make quick cash. When the car got moving, he insisted that i pay inasmuch as i wasnt occupying any seat. The passengers were furious at him.

After few minutes of arguing, he said that if only his passengers were science students, they will understand that irrespective of the fact that I wasn't occupying a seat, I still need to pay. That was the last thing he said, he didn't collect money from me but that statement stuck to my mind.

It wasn't until ss2 when I studied Newton's laws of motion that I understood perfectly what the young driver meant. Especially the mathematical derivatives of Newton's 2nd law where F = ma. It became clear that for the moving car under constatn acceleration, more force (fuel) would be needed if the mass increases. I was increasing the sum total of mass,m in his car and as such, he would need to burn more fuel to maintain acceleration.

Mathematic equations become more interesting when it is applied; that is why engineering is the best course to study. Application of mathematical and science principles become alive when you design your first plant grin
Beautiful. The OP should have included Nash Equilibrium as well.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by seangy4konji: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2017
Blood money,politics money all the way.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by officialJP(m): 10:41am On Feb 21, 2017
i want to study economics nd i hate maths how can i do it
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by NOBLE179(m): 10:46am On Feb 21, 2017
apply them to Nigerian economy and bring recession to an end.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Franky9584(m): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2017
who e take change the world?
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by 9free(m): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2017
Shrodinger na the baddest man.... Crazy Physicist!
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 21, 2017
Vicben:
Thats Relativity Law by Albert Einstein. It is there; Number 13
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by ephi123(f): 11:09am On Feb 21, 2017
These equations remind me of Further Maths... wicked subject!
I love Maths, anyday anytime.
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by kuipid(m): 11:09am On Feb 21, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

I keep wondering why those math courses have simply-silly names: partial differential equations: you go think say the course go easy as na 'partial' and not complete. Na so we do one mat201 course wey dem call 'ordinary differential equations'. O'boy, there's nothing ordinary in that course. Na so so 2nd, 3rd and 4th derivatives full that course. Person never finish first derivative, na to dey struggle with 2nd, 3rd and 4th; that wan na die.

Have you noticed that the final solutions to those differential equations are more complex than the original problem? How then is that a solution? You solve a simple linear differential eqn and your answer becomes quotients of complex numbers, how is that a solution?

Na waoh!
u too lazy ODE no hard at all ... Do PDE First and u shall love God
Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by seunmsg(m): 11:12am On Feb 21, 2017
Lorddominic:

Tell me...how do u xpect it to be on d list wen it made negative impact on d world and humanity...ATOMIC BOMB

The proliferation of atomic and nuclear weapons created a balance of terror in the world. That is why the world may never experience another world war again. So, the impact of Einstein's relativity is not entirely negative.

1 Like

Re: 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) by doingood: 11:18am On Feb 21, 2017
Where is d almighty formula

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Student Moulds Bronze Sculpture Of The Ooni Of Ife For His Project (Photos) / Sex Scandal: UNN Suspends Mfonobong Udoudom Indefinitely, Launches Probe / Unrest At FUTMINNA Since Yesterday Evening (Graphic Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.