Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship (1370 Views)

Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola / Couple Welcome Twins After 11 Years Of Marriage And 22 Years Of Friendship. PICS / Staying Strong, Hard & Long Lasting Enough For Her To Climax Using Natural Tea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Alphasoar(m): 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
Let's read the story below. The story is told by Henry Penn, a florist.

One day two boys and a girl of about ten years of age approached his (Henry Penn) store. They wore ragged clothes, but had clean hands and faces. The boys took off their cap when they entered the shop. One of them came forward and solemnly said, "we're the committee and we'd like some very nice yellow flowers". Penn showed them some inexpensive spring flowers, but the boy said, "i think we'd like somthing better than that". "Do they have to be yellow", Penn asked. "yes Sir" was the reply, "Mickey would like it even better if they were yellow because he had a yellow sweater". "Are these for a funeral?" the florist asked quietly. The boy nodded. The girl then turned to keep back the tears. "She's his sister", the boy explained, "He was a good kid - a truck - yesterday - he was playing in the street, we saw it happen".

Then the other boy added, "Us kids took up a collection. We got eighteen cents." Touched by the story of the "committee", Penn replied, "I have some nice yellow roses here that i'm selling for eighteen cents a dozen". "Gee those would be swell!", exclaimed one of the boys. "Mickey would like those", the other confirmed. "I'll make up a nice spray", the sympathetic florist promised, "with fens and ribbons". "Where shall i send them?". "Would it be right Mister, if we took 'em now". added one of the boys, "we'd kinda like to take 'em over and give 'em to Mickey ourselves. He'd like it better that way." Penn accepted the eighteen cents.
The committee now carrying the kind of flower "Mickey would like" walked out of the shop. Yeah, the story ends here, did you enjoy the piece?

One of the problems our society today, is the scarcity and lack of good friends. For friendship to work at the end, the parties involved must understand that there has to be much forgiving if we want to get, keep our friends.

I will highlight some facts about friendship 'cause am not gonna do an all exposing facts or write up about friendship, but i hope the little one i will write will help somebody out there.

- Success in life depends on the support and help of other people.

- Building successful relationships demands hard work.

- There is need for constant work on relationships.

- To gain friends, become interested in other people instead of trying to make them interested in you.

- Talk with a close friend about your cares and worries. it helps.

- With good friends, it will be possible to disagree and still be agreeable.

Points on how to make friends:

- be likeable

- take the initiative

- get the other persons name right and let them get yours as well.

- don't expect anyone to be perfect

- find qualities to admire in the person

- practice conversation

- practice been courteous at all times
Points on how to build friendship:

- develop an attitude of acceptance

- develop mutual attraction

- develop genuine opneness

- develop appreciation and enjoyement
The points i made above will take me quite much time to explain, that is why i just listed them out here. I hope they help.

There are certain characters you making the friends need to imbibe as well viz:

- learn to stand alone when your friend is out, maybe due to one circumstance or the other

- learn to sometimes say 'no' (disagree sometimes and still be agreeable)

- learn to stay away from the quick tempered, the disloyal, the self-indulgent and the discontented.

Don't say no to friendship because of what might have happened in the past because your friends are the ones that will always get your back at rough and tough times.

http://alphasoars..com/2014/12/alphasoars-checkpoint-mickey-would-like.html

1 Like

Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by KanwuliaExtra: 10:02am On Feb 21, 2017
Always keep your DISTANCE. kiss
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Alphasoar(m): 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:
Always keep your DISTANCE. kiss
This happens when you become sensitive to your friendship knowing when its time to increase the fire or put it out entirely.
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by KanwuliaExtra: 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2017
Alphasoar:

This happens when you become sensitive to your friendship knowing when its time to increase the fire or put it out entirely.

It should happen ALL the time, since familiarity breeds "SEE FINISH"! kiss

1 Like

Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Alphasoar(m): 7:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
KanwuliaExtra:

It should happen ALL the time, since familiarity breeds "SEE FINISH"! kiss
How do you explain the term Familiarity¿¿¿
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by KanwuliaExtra: 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2017
Alphasoar:

How do you explain the term Familiarity¿¿¿

Google is your friend.
Use it. kiss
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2017
I don't do friendship
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Alphasoar(m): 9:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
Baddchristy:
I don't do friendship
What do you do¿¿¿
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
I do friendships but for me? Am selective cos my motto is Sincerity and Understanding and care

Thats all the ingredients, I and my friends for life need to keep us together smiley

My selective friends have been here for. Me through thick and thin.. In fact they are like angels from heaven... Worth more than family sef.. kiss.I can't ask for. More kiss

God bless you all my friends wherever u are.. God bless you all real good.. You all will never lack in this life. As youve brought joy to. Me.. So shall joy and true companionship to me so shall great joy and great bonding well in your homes, place of work and business.. Amen and amen kiss
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Alphasoar(m): 9:39am On Feb 22, 2017
alexialin:
I do friendships but for me? Am selective cos my motto is Sincerity and Understanding and care

Thats all the ingredients, I and my friends for life need to keep us together smiley

My selective friends have been here for. Me through thick and thin.. In fact they are like angels from heaven... Worth more than family sef.. kiss.I can't ask for. More kiss

God bless you all my friends wherever u are.. God bless you all real good.. You all will never lack in this life. As youve brought joy to. Me.. So shall joy and true companionship to me so shall great joy and great bonding well in your homes, place of work and business.. Amen and amen kiss

@ " My selective friends have been here for. Me through thick and thin.. In fact they are like angels from heaven... Worth more than family sef.. .I can't ask for. More"

with the above, the fact is established that not every dick and harry is a worthy friend. But never close your door to new friends.
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
Better to have enemies than to have friends in my opinion.

At least enemies will stab you in your face and not in the back. That way you can see it coming.
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
Alphasoar:

@ " My selective friends have been here for. Me through thick and thin.. In fact they are like angels from heaven... Worth more than family sef.. .I can't ask for. More"

with the above, the fact is established that not every dick and harry is a worthy friend. But never close your door to new friends.

Not every dick and Harry is a worthy friend. Which is true. Have met bad people in this life, which sometimes I wish if I could turn the hands of clock? I honestly wish I didn't have to meet them or have anything to do with them. Mere thinking such bad people bring a sour taste in my mouth and makes me cringe.
It's not. My fault I feel this way.. It's just certain experience I wish I hadn't gone thru.

Then about closing door to. New friends? Why would I? New friends are welcome but it will take time. For. Me to trust a new friend. As long as the new friend is patient with me.. Then Viola! We will become pally for life. That's me.
I don't trust quickly like that. I can give u benefit of doubt but I won't put my guards now.. No sir, I won't.
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ioannes:
Better to have enemies than to have friends in my opinion.

At least enemies will stab you in your face and not in the back. That way you can see it coming.

Funny enough this so called enemies are Never strangers

They are close to one like chewing gum.
They are people u know either from afar or close by
They are people u think u trust
They are people one can even do business with and one think he or she has struck a good deal and both parties are happy but in reality .? But the only party is happy -YOU The other party might be greedy and bitter .
They are even people u greet and shakes hands with. Laugh heartily thinking u are with a good soul, not knowing u laughing with a Viper. Even drink beers together.

So. My dear. It's better to have friends.. Than such enemies.

Cause they are Not far off.

They are close by.. Waiting for that slightest opportunity to strike.

Pray never to have Vindictive enemies. Just Pray
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
alexialin:

They are people one can even do business with and one think he or she has struck a good deal and both parties are happy but in reality .? But the only party is happy -YOU The other party might be greedy and bitter .
They are even people u greet and shakes hands with. Laugh heartily thinking u are with a good soul, not knowing u laughing with a Viper. Even drink beers together.

No. You're getting it twisted. Those "enemies" you're talking about are the friends I'm saying you should avoid.

Real enemies keep you on your toes. They make you stronger because they antagonize you with passion, they come at you with everything they've got.

If they had the opportunity to stab you in the back, they would rather turn you around so that you can see that they are the ones about to stab you before they finally plunge in the knife.

Those are worthy adversaries and loyal companions anyone who isn't a wimp would love to have for this earthly journey. You can always be assured of their constancy in their hatred of you. I admire and respect people like that. We'd take a pause and I'll buy them a beer, clink glasses with them before we continue our open antagonism. I love it.

But friends?

They'll bite your toes and blow breeze on it. They'll slip mild poison into your drink, a little at a time so that you'll die a slow and painful death.

They'll smile at you, yet in their minds they are thinking of a hundred ways they could torture you.

They celebrate your success with you, planning your wedding, being your children's godparent, yet their hearts are bleeding with bitterness at your happiness.

They shed tears of sorrow when you mourn, but their hearts are filled with glee and their minds mock you...

I could go on and on. Which would you rather choose? undecided

There's no such thing as "true friend".

1 Like

Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Alphasoar(m): 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
alexialin:

You just spoke the mind of the gods.
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Alphasoar(m): 8:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ioannes:

No. You're getting it twisted. Those "enemies" you're talking about are the friends I'm saying you should avoid.

Real enemies keep you on your toes. They make you stronger because they antagonize you with passion, they come at you with everything they've got.

If they had the opportunity to stab you in the back, they would rather turn you around so that you can see that they are the ones about to stab you before they finally plunge in the knife.

Those are worthy adversaries and loyal companions anyone who isn't a wimp would love to have for this earthly journey. You can always be assured of their constancy in their hatred of you. I admire and respect people like that. We'd take a pause and I'll buy them a beer, clink glasses with them before we continue our open antagonism. I love it.

But friends?

They'll bite your toes and blow breeze on it. They'll slip mild poison into your drink, a little at a time so that you'll die a slow and painful death.

They'll smile at you, yet in their minds they are thinking of a hundred ways they could torture you.

They celebrate your success with you, planning your wedding, being your children's godparent, yet their hearts are bleeding with bitterness at your happiness.

They shed tears of sorrow when you mourn, but their hearts are filled with glee and their minds mock you...

Sorry sir, there are true friends!
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 22, 2017
Alphasoar:

Sorry sir, there are true friends!

OK. Good luck finding them. smiley
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 22, 2017
Alphasoar:

You just spoke the mind of the gods.

smileythanks.

1 Like

Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ioannes:

But friends?

My dear, there is no enemy or adversary that make u see him. Or her as your true enemy. Those ones that fight with u in public saying all sorts or giving u the dagger looks during quarrels are not your true enemies. All they have is empty threats just to save face and make themselves look tough and mean. Those ones I don't even waste time thinking about them.. Cause they won't carry out their threats.
You know why? Cause there is at least one witness to back up. His intense hatred for u if something bad happens.

The ones u should fear or lemme say be wary of? Are those ones who pretends to be friends but are very poisonous. You can read the heart of man to know which friend is good or bad. It takes the grace of God to be able to decipher if this friend or that friend is plotting evil against one or not.

Thats why I said pray u don't have such kind of enemies.. Cause your real enemy will never let you know he hates and wishes to poison.
Anyone who does such brazenly is just am empty barrel that makes the loudest noise. Nothing there.
Am talking from experience. And True friends exist.. Trust me on this.

I love one of my friends so much due to what she has impacted in my life. I was so touched one day just thinking about her kindness . I then went to her shop few days later , we hugged warmly and sat down, beaming wit smiles. Her eyes always lights up when she sees me. I know when someone is happy to have me around. It's shows in the eyes. The eyes do not lie. Even when one create a fake smile. My heart glowed again when she smiled, and was asking how am I doing? Hows biz? I told her everything is fine
I then said Mummy Ruth, that's not her real name sha
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
alexialin:

My dear, there is no enemy or adversary that make u see him. Or her as your true enemy. Those ones that fight with u in public saying all sorts or giving u the dagger looks during quarrels are not your true enemies. All they have is empty threats just to save face and make themselves look tough and mean. Those ones I don't even waste time thinking about them.. Cause they won't carry out their threats.
You know why? Cause there is at least one witness to back up. His intense hatred for u if something bad happens.

The ones u should fear or lemme say be wary of? Are those ones who pretends to be friends but are very poisonous. You can read the heart of man to know which friend is good or bad. It takes the grace of God to be able to decipher if this friend or that friend is plotting evil against one or not.

Thats why I said pray u don't have such kind of enemies.. Cause your real enemy will never let you know he hates and wishes to poison.
Anyone who does such brazenly is just am empty barrel that makes the loudest noise. Nothing there.
Am talking from experience. Trust me on this

I'm also talking from experience.

You aren't talking of enemies bro, you're talking of frenemies. undecided
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
I said mummy ruth, I have something I want to give you or lemme say impact in the lives of one of your daughters who is in the tertiary institution. She said what? Her eyes still shinning with surprise. I said I want one of your daughters in school to learn how to sew. All expensed paid by me.

She screamed and said wow! My dear Sister are u sure? She was searching deeply in my eyes whether I was joking with her.. I was laughing.. I said am very sure.. Pick anyone of your daughters. Whenever u feel she's ready and smart to. Learn sewing as a craft. Lemme know.. And u know my office. Pls bring her over. She was so happy.. She was just saying wow! Oh Alexis wow thanks so. Much.. My daughter I have in mind now will be so happy. She always love fashion. I said good. Pls don't thank me. I should thank you more, cause u are a wonderful woman. And I appreciate u a lot. Then I hugged her and told her I had to reach somewhere. Pls don't forget o. That joy in her face was priceless as ever. She will be happy, she's a good person. That alone made me happy throughout today. smiley smiley she's priceless.
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ioannes:

I'm also talking from experience.

You aren't talking of enemies bro, you're talking of frenemies. undecided

Ok no probs.

Your call. Lol
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Alphasoar(m): 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ioannes:

OK. Good luck finding them. smiley
Be optimistic sir, am sure one of these days, you will definitely catch up with one!
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 23, 2017
Alphasoar:

Be optimistic sir, am sure one of these days, you will definitely catch up with one!

Amen. smiley

1 Like

Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by 1miccza: 11:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
Anyway nice post OP for me there are no permanent friends or enemies I've learnt so much from this thread.
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Alphasoar(m): 11:34pm On Feb 27, 2017
1miccza:
Anyway nice post OP for me there are no permanent friends or enemies I've learnt so much from this thread.
Thanks bro¡¡¡
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by 1miccza: 6:52am On Feb 28, 2017
Alphasoar:
Thanks bro¡¡¡
My pleasure
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by dingbang(m): 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
Baddchristy:
I don't do friendship
what do you do? cool
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Diplomaticbeing(m): 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
Small-minded people goes for friendship while noble people goes for associateship. Notionally, they're the same thing but technically they aren't.
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
Who has friendship helped?
Re: Simple Guide To Making Lasting Friendship by Alphasoar(m): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2017
Who has friendship helped?
Anybody who has succeeded in life!

(1) (Reply)

I Feel So Ashamed Of Myself And Some Of My Past Actions -sarah / 14 Comics On How Much Today’s Childhood Differs From Ours / Dangerous Things Wives Are Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.