Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:28 AM

Missing: A Novella - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Missing: A Novella (412 Views)

The Marked: In The Spectral Existence (A Stand-alone Fantasy Fiction Novella) / Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Differences Between A Short Story, Novelette, Novella, & A Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Missing: A Novella by Sjho: 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
Nigerians know how to blow things out of proportion ehn. Everyday we shout over little things and place emphasis on what is not. Before I started my NYSC service year, I heard all sorts of stories, both positive and negative. It was like NYSC was the end of the world. It was so bad that if service was optional, I probably wouldn't have gone. But as I was left with no choice, I embraced the change and flowed with it. The year is rounding up now and I have loads of stories to tell; the good, bad, funny and downright ridiculous.
Asides the real life story, I decided to weave a fictional story about the NYSC theme. I titled the novella 'Missing' and I'm set to release in a few days.
At the end of the day, it's always up to us to make our stories and tell them.
Re: Missing: A Novella by Sjho: 11:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
Sjho:
Nigerians know how to blow things out of proportion ehn. Everyday we shout over little things and place emphasis on what is not. Before I started my NYSC service year, I heard all sorts of stories, both positive and negative. It was like NYSC was the end of the world. It was so bad that if service was optional, I probably wouldn't have gone. But as I was left with no choice, I embraced the change and flowed with it. The year is rounding up now and I have loads of stories to tell; the good, bad, funny and downright ridiculous.
Asides the real life story, I decided to weave a fictional story about the NYSC theme. I titled the novella 'Missing' and I'm set to release in a few days.
At the end of the day, it's always up to us to make our stories and tell them.
Me: What's your favourite NYSC moment?
P: Maybe when we went mountaineering. It wasn't spectacular, but then...OH noooo! It was when I was walking out of camp with all of my luggage. It was like my prison term had ended.
Me: Haha

I guess some had it worse than others. I enjoyed the marching drills sha, although it was cut short by the peer educator training I had on camp.

(1) (Reply)

Rats In My Bucket (a Poem About Rats) / Ignite Your Day! “keep Your Dream” [boost Reloaded] / Greatness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.