Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

The American Student Who Graded His Ex-girlfriend's Break-up Letter Regrets - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The American Student Who Graded His Ex-girlfriend's Break-up Letter Regrets (1197 Views)

White Girl And Her Dog Fighting With Her Nigerian Boyfriend Ex-girlfriend(pics) / Man Runs Into His Ex, Wants One More Sex, The Final, Ends Up Marrying Her (Photo / Hilarious Conversation Between A Man & His Ex-Girlfriend Who Cheated On Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The American Student Who Graded His Ex-girlfriend's Break-up Letter Regrets by Onyenna(m): 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
An American student who graded his ex-girlfriend's break-up letter says he now regrets that it went viral.

Nick Lutz decided to get a red marker out and critique the four-page note before sending it back to his former partner.
"I feel a little but guilty but at the same time, I don't believe the letter at all," he told Newsbeat. "I've been lied to before by her. "I feel like it was another way to make me feel like I was stupid."

When Newsbeat asked him if he regretted sharing the personal letter on social media, Nick said: "Yes I do. I would say so."

Nick who studies at the University of Central Florida, says he received the apology shortly after calling time on the relationship and admits it probably wasn't the best decision to tweet it.

https://twitter.com/NickLutz12/status/832652275923312643/photo/1

In his critique, he starts off by saying the introduction is too long and that there's lots of repetition. The 20-year-old says his ex needs to show reasoning when saying she ended up failing to keep the relationship working.

He also says she needs to back her claims up with proof, like saying she never cheated on him.
"It came to an end after she told me she was going to a theme park with her best friend, who's a girl, but I later found out she went with a dude," he said. "I haven't spoken to her since this happened but I am not planning on talking to her anytime soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39025091/us-student-grades-his-ex-girlfriends-apology-letter-and-posts-it-on-twitter

1 Like

Re: The American Student Who Graded His Ex-girlfriend's Break-up Letter Regrets by Onyenna(m): 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
"We started dating in February of last year and dated for about eight months.
"Four months in she started hiding her phone and I heard she had code names for guys in her contacts list."
The second page calls for his ex-girlfriend to provide more details after this line: "I took all the promises we had and broke them."
Then there's a spelling mistake with "loose" changed to "lose".

Re: The American Student Who Graded His Ex-girlfriend's Break-up Letter Regrets by Onyenna(m): 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
Nick then calls his ex out when she says she has "no reason to hide, lie or hold anything back" from him.
He writes in the margin: "If there is no reason to lie, why isn't the truth being told?"

Nick says he decided to annotate the letter as a "joke" between him and his friends. But his original tweet where he graded the letter has been shared more than 100,000 times.

"She's not the happiest but I didn't expect it to go viral. She talks to my mum but I haven't spoken to her and I'm not sure I will."

1 Like

Re: The American Student Who Graded His Ex-girlfriend's Break-up Letter Regrets by Onyenna(m): 1:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
Nick also told another Twitter user that his ex-girlfriend had seen the changes and was "okay with her grade".

Re: The American Student Who Graded His Ex-girlfriend's Break-up Letter Regrets by Onyenna(m): 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
Huh!? What happened to all the images i uploaded!?
All the images are in ".jpg"....but I'm seeing ".webp" here....

Lalasticlala something is wrong.....

I decided to upload this one in ".png" and VOILA!! It appears.....

Re: The American Student Who Graded His Ex-girlfriend's Break-up Letter Regrets by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hmm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Breaks Penis While Having Sex On April 18, 20173:21 Pmin Newscomments Read / Wet And Wild!! Kourtney Kardashian Goes Completely Nude In A Pool / The Ghanaian Dude Said He Will Stick By Me Even If I Don't Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.