Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic (21122 Views)

White Teacher Who Threatened To Kneel On Students' Necks Fired In South Africa / IPPIS Yet To Take Off At UNN, Lecturers Likely To Comply / ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by shams040(m): 10:03am On Feb 22, 2017
Oau did it for 1 semester and we no hear anytyn again
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by darkenkach(m): 10:06am On Feb 22, 2017
kingsamosy:
grin meaning that some lecturers will never see promotion.

Like surveyor Chiamaka of Department of Surveying and geoinformatics grin
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by opelyem(m): 10:15am On Feb 22, 2017
This is a very good approach. A lot of those lecturers don't have that quality of lecturing. They skip classes and brag on d number of students that fails their courses.

However, I see selfish ASUU of that school going on strike.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by here: 10:18am On Feb 22, 2017
This was why I created a thread days back,the academic environment must show it wants to advance.The crop of lecturers are so bad in their teaching methods it makes no sense at all.
Nice move I must say,if your evaluation is less you don't get to be assigned courses despite you studied in MIT or Yale. Did anyone know how Uibadan was so good? Students had their publications with their lecturers and these were published.In most cases now all you hear is no one can graduate with first class or the first class is so much you wonder yet not 1 single publication or academic advancement,just memorize and pass.
I have seen this in NDA PG school and it's so efficient and helps the lecturers improve with students feeling appreciated

2 Likes

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by jordinsparkles(f): 10:26am On Feb 22, 2017
I'm proud to be a lioness
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Outofsync(m): 10:29am On Feb 22, 2017
Attaboy06:

Aswaer yoy are in my shoes, our maths teacher is fucken fucken bad n fakefak grin ;De grin
Those guys are sadists I tell you angry
They'll skip topics anyhow saying "You should have done this in secondary school"

Then they'll bring it out in exams, in the answer all segment sadundecided

Wetin con dey pain most is that any math course is usually 4 units.

1 Like

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by shumuel(m): 10:31am On Feb 22, 2017
nwabobo:
UNN lecturers will now have their performances reviewed by students as part of their appraisal process and any of them who fails the students appraisal will not be promoted.

What do you guys think?

kikiki Lol grin i foresee UNN being the best versity in the world, all results would come out in A's and all students would graduate with first class wink

Abeg, make dem introduce the same system in all our institutions jare, passing galore grin
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by mechanics(m): 10:38am On Feb 22, 2017
A welcome development
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by FakoMaybach1: 10:51am On Feb 22, 2017
i swear i feel like taking jamb again, those bastard lecturers that had class by 2:00 pm but made me wait till 6:00 pm, aby my accounting lecturer that couldnt pass ACCA...as i see this i come dey vex.
I still have some lecturers that i respect so much, their strict method shaped me to the man i am today; they made me hate truancy and made me love punctuality...infact i dey go buy jamb form, i really need this vengeance

1 Like

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by chigoizie7(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2017
This is the best
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2017
LOLZ...The day of reckoning is @hand....Hw I wish, Uniport will adopt dz method... Nkem Okoh fr hear am
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by kerike: 11:04am On Feb 22, 2017
Theirs a man called Barr Amuzie at students Affairs dept he is the most corrupt man in UNN he dont suppose to be there anymore i call him Amuzie bribe
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by alexpetersng: 11:18am On Feb 22, 2017
Wonderful idea
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Scetrocom: 11:26am On Feb 22, 2017
nwabobo:
UNN lecturers will now have their performances reviewed by students as part of their appraisal process and any of them who fails the students appraisal will not be promoted.

What do you guys think?
That's the modern practice in most parts of the world today. Especially most professional certification courses, there is always an appraisal form to be filled and sign by each student to indicate their opinion on how lecturers handled their courses.
This would go a long way to check their excesses.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by vikkeee(m): 11:45am On Feb 22, 2017
musicwriter:
Beautiful!!.

If we are talking about development in Nigeria this is the foundation right there!!. This is the type of policy our government should actually promote and even make law for all Nigerian universities and secondary schools.

One thing I would like to add is that they should have the students vote anonymously/secret ballot to make sure lecturers don't have a way of verifying who votes what.
the voting would be secret. would not be in anyway linked to your student profile. the only matter yet to be clarified is the "not being able to check result without voting" ish.

proudly a lion
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by scobaba: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2017
khai khai.

Why dint they do this 10-12 years ago while i was there.

Emengini is not a wicked man, liked by students but needs to up his game. Accountancy is a course where people will have to update themselves.

Kodjo the Ghanian lecturer should leave Nigeria already. You cant force sorting on students. He will never be promoted till retirement if this new measure is effective.

Thank God 'kishmi' has left. he took knowledge from me without adding all through 200 levels.

Nwude is a good lecturer, knows his onion, but strafs unserious female students. straffing is not the only way to punish unserious chics.

God bless the likes of Mr Agwolu and Mrs Ofoegbu. Two lecturers i respect till date...12years after graduation. Them go promote una every year if na only me.

1 Like

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by pimper24: 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
Thats how it is in Europe. It forms the basis of your retention and promotion among other criteria. Globalisation has also crept in greatly; lecturers could be invited from any part of the world to teach a course and even conduct exams thereon and mark same. You are flown back to your country after that. A lot has really changed in academic system, good we r begining to follow suit.
nwabobo:

What do you guys think?
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:44pm On Feb 22, 2017
nwabobo:

Well, they'll have no option than to change their ways.
Thank you. Now they will work hard.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by CoCoLav(f): 1:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
AZeD1:
Brilliant.

Can Nigerian students be trusted to give honest feedback? Can't they be manipulated or used as tools by others who may have it out for that lecturer?

I feel this will limit the lecturers powers. For instance - refusing to let a student come into a class after being late or sending an unruly student out of the class may cause the student to hold a grudge even if it is justified.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by holyfather(m): 1:05pm On Feb 22, 2017
Outofsync:
They should bring this to all biochemistry and mathematics Lecturers in all federal Universities angryangry

Those guys are fucking sadists
angry
grin grin
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by AZeD1(m): 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
CoCoLav:

Can Nigerian students be trusted to give honest feedback? Can't they be manipulated or used as tools by others who may have it out for that lecturer?

I feel this will limit the lecturers powers. For instance - refusing to let a student come into a class after being late or sending an unruly student out of the class may cause the student to hold a grudge even if it is justified.
It work both ways but for too long a lot of Nigerian lecturers have felt like a god. When lecturers treat students with the respect they deserve, things would get better.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Iskra: 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
Proudly Nigerian, but only in the East could something this progressive take root...kudos to the most forward thinking part n people... Coming from a proper Agbon boy
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
CoCoLav:

When i was un Covenant uni we had to evaluate lecturers before every exam. However the uni would only invite the lecturer if there is a consistency of negative ratings from students. It is a really efficient system!

1 Like

Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
Iskra:
Proudly Nigerian, but only in the East could something this progressive take root...kudos to the most forward thinking part n people... Coming from a proper Agbon boy
Lol are u kidding me. I evaluated my lecturers back when i was in CU. Which of course is in the SW
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by guiddoti: 1:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
Power to the Lion's cub
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Airforce1medic(m): 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
pbethel:
Waiting for this in my uni. Learnt ABU are seriously fighting it.
how is studies bro?
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by guiddoti: 1:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
Iskra:
Funny you, achievement indeed.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by msqtahir: 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
Tit for tat.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by ATERI(m): 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
The most friendly lecturer is rarely the best academically!
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by Samrid: 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
I Pray it's implemented in Aceondo too.
Re: UNN Lecturers To Be Promoted Based On Students Appraisals - Pic by DJInfluence: 4:47pm On Feb 22, 2017
nwabobo:

Well, they'll have no option than to change their ways.

or look for job elsewhere because some lecturers will never get positive feedback from their students. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking / Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates / Is 2017 The Worst Jamb Registration Year???...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.