Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,908 members, 7,810,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking (21103 Views)

Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking / Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out / Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by ThompsonJoo: 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2023
Is this not bondage ??

1. After my Part 1 MBBS (Professional) Examination, I will undertake an 18-month intercalated BSc programme in Anatomy or Physiology in the College of Medicine.

2. I will wait until anytime there is space for me to proceed to Clinical (400 Level) before I will do so.

3. I will continue to pay school fees as a medical student.

Forcing students to sign an undertaking like this on the day of their exam is madness. Even cults don't operate like this. You're asking people who have already spent 5 years in the school to sign away their futures, and every opportunity to get justice?

These are children with dreams. How can a school be so shameless?? They paid their fees, paid all the money you asked for, the government paid your salaries, and this how you're going to treat your own students? Is it because your children are not here?
Source: Naz

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by RepoMan007: 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2023
Greatest Nigerian student.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by Saviourk: 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2023
This is wickedness.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by madridguy(m): 8:03am On Dec 07, 2023
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by StoneLucifer: 8:04am On Dec 07, 2023
Nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by babaRUNtinz(m): 8:04am On Dec 07, 2023
Make dem sign nah,this mumu thing can only happen in Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by UbongCR7(m): 8:04am On Dec 07, 2023
Lol
Stupid school

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by CalZico: 8:04am On Dec 07, 2023
undecided
Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by Cheapgadget(f): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2023
I will continue to be paying school fee. 😂 Lol

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by BigBlackPreek(m): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2023
This is serious and uncalled for

7 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by UptownVibes(m): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2023
The country is like kidnapper's den.. They force everything on us.. Weather you like or you no like

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by rowland545(m): 8:06am On Dec 07, 2023
I still nevee understand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by Ondoterrorist: 8:06am On Dec 07, 2023
School when VC na cultist

Chancellor butcher

Professors na kegite lords

Lecturer foot soldiers

Students armed robbers

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by Bliss52: 8:06am On Dec 07, 2023
Useless School, after over admitting students

I wish they sue the VC and management

19 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by BarrElChapo(m): 8:06am On Dec 07, 2023
It's like wickedness innate in most of us in this country🤔
Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by jospepper(m): 8:07am On Dec 07, 2023
cc
National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS),

Student Union Government (SUG) Ambrose Alli University,

Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Association.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by dapsoneh: 8:07am On Dec 07, 2023
Y
Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by Nokio2: 8:08am On Dec 07, 2023
''Continue to pay school fees'' omo highway to kunta kinte

12 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by Kingpele(m): 8:09am On Dec 07, 2023
Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha...the one that got Me ...I shall wait till there's opening for me to do my clinical...as in wait infinitely ... what's a hell....this is crazy menh

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by Ademola47(m): 8:10am On Dec 07, 2023
Quite unfortunate, the students are at the receiving end of the greedy management decision.

I read somewhere on Twitter that their seniors (2017 set) are about 400 and school only has quota for 50 students for the professional exam. In reality, that means they'll have to conduct the exam for them in 8 batches or conduct a first qualifying exam to reduce them. Your guess is as good as mine. Mass failure!

Now this current set (2018) are being forced to wait for their time and continue paying school fees. Makes no sense.

The school should just stop admitting students in the department for now If there's limited quota to clear the backlog.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by nairalanda1(m): 8:12am On Dec 07, 2023
Look at it this way

1..They get a masters degree before they graduate

2. It kind of happens in the UK, students take a year off to get intercalated masters degrees

3..Nigeria doesn't have enough doctors. Government is putting pressure on the education system to train more. No space in the clinical side as a result

4. It is an old problem. Very old

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by Sucre7: 8:14am On Dec 07, 2023
Results of over admitting beyond the capacity.

11 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by OKUCHI11(m): 8:14am On Dec 07, 2023
nairalanda1:
Look at it this way

2. It kind of happens in the UK, students take a year off to get intercalated masters degrees

3..Nigeria doesn't have enough doctors. Government is putting pressure on the education system to train more

now I see
Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 8:15am On Dec 07, 2023
Tinubu is very stupid

5 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by RevolverOcelot(m): 8:15am On Dec 07, 2023
So if I break the undertaking what will they do to me🙃

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by DWJOBScom(m): 8:16am On Dec 07, 2023
Before we scream blue murder
Can they explain the intent

4 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by psychupgrade: 8:16am On Dec 07, 2023
2. I will wait until anytime there is space for me to proceed to Clinical (400 Level) before I will do so....madness.

2 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by Sucre7: 8:17am On Dec 07, 2023
nairalanda1:
Look at it this way

3..Nigeria doesn't have enough doctors. Government is putting pressure on the education system to train more. No space in the clinical side as a result

4. It is an old problem. Very old

That's a wrong misconception. Intercalated year doesn't equates an additional degree. It's only done to explore another field of study.

I took an intercalated year to explore the field of information system. I completed my computer science degree with no additional degree. It was only stated in my transcript that I took an intercalated year.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking by money121(m): 8:18am On Dec 07, 2023
Olk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is 2017 The Worst Jamb Registration Year???... / 2 Katsina Universities Dragged To Court For Banning Christian Fellowships / My Graduation From Nottingham Trent University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.