Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) (36259 Views)

Some Dangerous Ways African Migrants Illegally Enter Europe [photos] / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by tete7000(m): 9:30am On Feb 22, 2017
Many of them are contented to dying while trying this way. Its quite sad how cheap lives have become of human mismanagement of God-given resources.
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by ayanbaba2(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

Land plenty for village. Stop supporting bad thing
one acre of land is 50k!

1 Like

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by ayanbaba2(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

Land plenty for village. Stop supporting bad thing
thank you Jere...
when you can get one acre of land for 50k!

1 Like

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 22, 2017
In one centre for women in the coastal town of Surman I met Aisha, a young Nigerian. She was bleeding to death after giving birth to her baby girl on the toilet floor. The child died three days later. Since coming home we have tried but been unable to find out what has happened to Aisha. I fear the worst.
read the article linked https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/20/migrant-slave-trade-libya-europe?CMP=fb_cif
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by akigbemaru: 9:53am On Feb 22, 2017
Migrants
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by onatisi(m): 9:57am On Feb 22, 2017
Until u find urself in the middle of the ocean ,you will never realize how powerful God is and how powerless you are despite all ur safety gears
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 22, 2017
grandstar:

its brown with Buhari in charge. The economy is in a recession
Lol, all will be well.
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2017
"He said the migrants were all adults, mostly from sub-Saharan African countries"

It is our mentality that is killing us and not any suffering lipsrsealed
If it was the blacks located up there, the blacks of Africa would one day, go extinct, shame!!!
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Cyberfreak(f): 10:17am On Feb 22, 2017
P
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 22, 2017
PrinzCarter:
117 minus 3=114
Therefore we HV 114 women adult on board ,olosho alert ....smh undecided undecided

Calm down, read and understand... Its says "all but three where men" so now decode again lipsrsealed
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by AngelicBeing: 10:34am On Feb 22, 2017
anonimi:

Sheer stupidity of the mentally lazy black people who are thirsty in the abundance of water in their own backyard.
Rather than deal with our treasury looters we are praising them and seeking breakthroughs and dash from them.
Our suffering never start. angry undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

Hmmmmm sad
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Igbouwanile(m): 10:36am On Feb 22, 2017
so touching

R. I . P to all that lost their life..
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by kabman: 10:36am On Feb 22, 2017
Fools.fix your countries
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by juman(m): 10:41am On Feb 22, 2017
kabman:
Fools.fix your countries
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by thewarrior72: 10:58am On Feb 22, 2017
Dmony:
What if those migrants were killed in the process of crossing to the country by the sea boarder agents? ....just saying...
Yes they were killed, however not by sea boarder agents but those they payed to ferry them across the sea to italian boarder. Bellow is an extract from the article.
“ The agency said traffickers deliberately took the engines from the boat and then abandoned it to drift“.
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by SURElee(f): 11:15am On Feb 22, 2017
ovieigho:
I used to ask my self why people embark on such risky journey even with 500k? Until I listened to my friend who just crossed over to Italy from Libya. According to him he said after safe crossing,the Italia authority will automatically take them in while they along with UN give them monthly stipend till they get their full ' papers'

So it's all for the monthly stipend TILL they can get their papers? How long until they can get those papers?
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by LastProphet: 11:37am On Feb 22, 2017
mykelmeezy:

half a Chance of surviving is better than none

it can keep you floating even when you pass out outta fatigue

who knows if a partrol plane or coast guard or navy seal might find them

but then why take the journey in the first place
r they only one suffering in their country

a shark normally finds them too
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Vanshmuell(m): 11:49am On Feb 22, 2017
mykelmeezy:
if you cant swim why embark on such

more so without a life jacket
swim?? Even the best swimmer won't last 30minutes in that water. ..it's salinity is too high..can peel the skin within few minutes...talking from experience though. .
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Vanshmuell(m): 11:51am On Feb 22, 2017
Folksyharry:

Bro it's actually the opposite. In the middle of an ocean or sea life jacket is more important than Michael Phelps swimming skills.
it's the Mediterranean Sea we talking about here...
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Folksyharry(m): 11:58am On Feb 22, 2017
Vanshmuell:
it's the Mediterranean Sea we talking about here...

I have worked in the sea before not Mediterranean though but if you look ahead and not see any end to the water you will even give up the swimming idea. Life jacket is so more important than swimming skills here. There are other caveats to it though like knowing how to help each other in the sea, how to conserve energy and generate some form of warmth, etc. I learned all these during "Survival At Sea" training.

1 Like

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Vanshmuell(m): 12:05pm On Feb 22, 2017
eodavids:
Why has Libya failed or refuse to deter this ilegal migration through its borders?
because they make a lot of money from it..infact it's a very lucrative business(haha) for Libyans..each person pays about 1000Dinar and each boat takes about 130
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by jossy4joseph(m): 12:10pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hmmmmm may their soul rest in perfect peace....Amen
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by mykelmeezy: 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2017
scachy:
How far can u swim in a high sea

if the sea is high then you sef get high weed isnt that expensive
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by RaptorX: 12:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
Nigeria really to manage it's excessive population, 200 million growing to 300 in the next decades is a time bomb waiting to happen.
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Yomiwayne80(m): 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
jennifer22:
This young people should drive Keke or better still do concre, instead of going to a journey of no return.... Haba

Have you stayed in the barrack before?
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by ManTiger(m): 2:47pm On Feb 22, 2017
ovieigho:
I used to ask my self why people embark on such risky journey even with 500k? Until I listened to my friend who just crossed over to Italy from Libya. According to him he said after safe crossing,the Italia authority will automatically take them in while they along with UN give them monthly stipend till they get their full ' papers'
So you think it worth it?
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Bimpe29: 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
That's an avoidable tragedy.
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by GGirll: 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
Pavore9:
It is not as if they were being ferried for free, they pay good money for the journey that is very high risk! Despite the calamity, another group is setting out.
thats what is called risk taking funny enough whether u take d risk or not u will eventually someday day sooner or later why not make peace with God then take risks afterall u must pay ur debt of death whether u take it or not, want it or not, like it or not its a deal u must deal with
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by toprealman: 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
mykelmeezy:

half a Chance of surviving is better than none

it can keep you floating even when you pass out outta fatigue

who knows if a partrol plane or coast guard or navy seal might find them

but then why take the journey in the first place

r they only one suffering in their country

Many things are involved but you have a point there.
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by zudozz: 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
bini pipu wey dey go europe.
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by gnykelly(m): 11:47pm On Feb 22, 2017
are they scared of entrepreneurship or what?
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Nobody: 2:01am On Feb 23, 2017
onatisi:
Until u find urself in the middle of the ocean ,you will never realize how powerful God is and how powerless you are despite all ur safety gears
Exactly. Even people in big ships still feel sea sick when they see the power of the waves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EMU Trains For Lagos Light Rail Blue Line Ready For Shipping / Ongoing Construction Of Ekwulobia Flyover, Anambra In Pictures / VACATION: Recent AirTrip Pictures to The State Of Maryland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.