Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible - Islam for Muslims (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad in the Bible (22573 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Jean2(m): 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2009
Maybe we should also think in this direction. There are so many other religions in the world today e.g. Buddhism, Hinduism, Ifa worship, Osun worship the list goes on, most of them were not mentioned in the Bible.

Even before Jesus Christ's birth by Mary there have been several other religion practised by human beings on earth. Why should you now try to put Muhammad in the Bible?

Why didn’t any of this get mentioned in the Bible? Is it that God doesn’t know about these religions? Romans 1: 19 -32.

I have been opportuned to read the Quran in English. The description of how Muhammad received the Quran is similar to someone being under the control of some spirit. Experiences similar to someone using an Ouija board and the like. He did have a lot of physical manifestation in the process that supports that
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 27, 2009
@above,
Even if you don't support a people or their beliefs, it is not wise to say untrue things about them. There is no truth in what you typed above about the Prophet Mohammed's (S.A.W.) experiences during revelations being similar to those using an ouija board or those possessed. Do you even have any idea at all how ouija users feel?
If you choose not to like muslims/Islam, that's your choice, you're free to have it, but false statements like this are just uncalled for. There are people who are willing to believe anything false about any religion other than theirs so as not to end up doubting their faiths and such people are likely to only take a cursory glance at what you typed before concluding that it is accurate and ending up misinformed.
Personally, I find speaking in tongues weird and similar to what happens after being possessed but I don't go into threads to hint at, with my statements, speaking in tongues being only something that happens after one becomes possessed.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by olabowale(m): 5:17am On Jan 28, 2009
@Jean!: « #480 on: Yesterday at 07:12:46 PM »

Maybe we should also think in this direction. There are so many other religions in the world today e.g. Buddhism, Hinduism, Ifa worship, Osun worship the list goes on, most of them were not mentioned in the Bible.

Most does not mean all. Now consider this, Christianity or Jesus, in any clear sense, without the usual Christian deductive process, is not mentioned in the Jewish Torah. Whereever you see "Jesus" name in the Torah, please direct us to it.

Even before Jesus Christ's birth by Mary there have been several other religion practised by human beings on earth. Why should you now try to put Muhammad in the Bible?

Read your above, concerning most, which is not all religion. More importantly, the truth need be told. If Muhammad appears in it, should we not speak about it, even though you may hate it? Yet you know about Muhammad (AS) as a parent knows about his/her child. Afterall, I have been asking give me the full name of the first or former comforter, and then the another or future comforter. This way, we can see what is common in their natures, since they are supposed to have the same characteristics, etc.

Why didn’t any of this get mentioned in the Bible? Is it that God doesn’t know about these religions? Romans 1: 19 -32.

You guys always embarassed yourselves, without even knowing you do. Is Romans, etc the appropriate speeches here, rather than the Gospel of Jesus, if the Gospel was not tainted?

I have been opportuned to read the Quran in English. The description of how Muhammad received the Quran is similar to someone being under the control of some spirit. Experiences similar to someone using an Ouija board and the like. He did have a lot of physical manifestation in the process that supports that

I also have read the Qur'aan in English, a little bit in Yoruba and a lot in Arabic. Please quote the exact verse or verses where you are able to come up with the description of how Muhammad (AS) received the Qur'aan? I have at least in the past 10 years and read enough, so I am eager to find out the "new" information that you have about his receipt of the Qur'aan, which has led you to believe that he is like someone being under the control of some spirit?

And while you are at it, please consider what you think was happening to Jesus when the devil was tempting him, at least three times? And how do you know about this? Afterall no one was with Jesus, because he had not began to acquire the flocks of desciples, then. I hope you are careful not to trip over yourself, while you struggle to answer this very important question.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Jean2(m): 10:09am On Jan 28, 2009
@ Fellis
There is truth in what I typed. I wrote that I read the Quran in English. It has been sometime though, I still have it (Quran) I will give you the exact reference tomorrow by God's grace.
One speaks in tongue as the Holy Spirit gives uttererance. This is one of the signs that Jesus said will manifest in the lives of those who believe in Him Mark 16:17 which reads: And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

@ Olabowale
I intentionally used most because of the fact that other religions existed then. The ones that are mentioned were meant to warn the Israelites the futility of serving such gods.
The Holy Spirit is the Comforter talked about by Jesus John 14: 16-17 -  16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but all of you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you. Romans is the title given to the letter written by Paul to Christians.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Jan 28, 2009
I thank the Lord for the testimonies and exposition of former Muslims on this forum, such as M4malik, shahan, Pilgrim.1 and other bible scholars who have enlightened us on what entails in Islam.  Out of all the religions and philosophies that are practised here on earth, only four are practiced after personalities.  Judaism, founded by Abraham, he died of old age and was buried;  Buddism, founded by Buddah, he died of dysentry and was buried; Islam, by Mohammed, he died of fever and was buried; Christianity, by Jesus Christ, he died by crucifixion and was buried.  The difference with other founders is that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and is alive today and I have a living relationship with Him, He is alive, He is alive, He's alive and I'm forgiven, I'm free from the burden of sin and satan, heaven's gate is open wide and my name is written in the book of life, He's alive, Halleluyah!!!  There is no other name under heaven given to men other than the name of Jesus.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by JJYOU: 1:07pm On Jan 28, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

I thank the Lord for the testimonies and exposition of former Muslims on this forum, such as M4malik, shahan, Pilgrim.1 and other bible scholars who have enlightened us on what entails in Islam. Out of all the religions and philosophies that are practised here on earth, only four are practiced after personalities. Judaism, founded by Abraham, he died of old age and was buried; Buddism, founded by Budda, he died of dysentry and was buried; Islam, by Mohammed, he died of fever and was buried; Christianity, by Jesus Christ, he died by crucifixion and was buried. The difference with other founders is that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and is alive today and I have a living relationship with Him, He is alive, He is alive, He's alive and I'm forgiven, I'm free from the burden of sin and satan, heaven's gate is open wide and my name is written in the book of life, He's alive, Halleluyah!!! There is no other name under heaven given to men other than the name of Jesus.
THANKS
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25pm On Jan 28, 2009
JJYOU:

THANKS

We thank Jesus Christ for this privilege to be called the children of God and joint heirs with Him. Listen to the lyrics of the musical background in the link below, that depicts Peter soliloquizing about the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=c7d9831470f883b65e3d
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by olabowale(m): 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2009
@Jean!: « #483 on: Today at 10:09:03 AM »

@ Olabowale
I intentionally used most because of the fact that other religions existed then. The ones that are mentioned were meant to warn the Israelites the futility of serving such gods.
[b]The Holy Spirit is the Comforter talked about by Jesus John 14: 16-17 -

Was this holy spirit not in existence, even before Jesus was conceived? Was it not the very holy spirit that is a third, according to the Christians of the nature of God, remaining Father and son to make the other two thirds? I thought the entity that overshadowed Mary to make her pregnant was the holy spirit? was it not always been present? How does a spirit comfort the physical, humans?

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Who was the first comforter, before Jesus is now telling his followers that he is going to pray for another comforter to abide for ever? Is the first comforter cut short and not being able to abide for ever, in a physical or in a spiritual sense? Now I need all of these questions to be answered. Somehow, you may be forced to admit that Jesus was the first comforter. Or maybe not. And how is the another comforter promised by Jesus still abiding forever, even now, considering that Jesus and his followers were not even Christians? Can christianity which came after this statement about another comforter can sincerely states that Jesus was addressing Christians?

17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but all of you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.

If this statement was even to be remotely true, then it is either that those who Jesus addressed are still alive right now. Are they? Or that some people are alive right now that have the exact same nature like the audience of Jesus, in belief and worship of God and also recognising the exact place of Jesus. This people are not undermining him, Jesus, like the Jews who denied his prophethood, or exaggerating his personage by deitifying him, like the Christians. Is there a group like that around today? Yes. They are called Muslims. The muslims believe that all prophets and Messengers and those who worshipped God Almighty in the way prescribed to this prophets and messengers are muslims.

Romans is the title given to the letter written by Paul to Christians.[/b]

Maybe I should have spoken an african language to you. I do not know any, except if your mother tongue is yoruba. What I meant in my repost about Roman, is that you are arguing in support of Jesus, you ignored Mark, Matthew, Luke and John, the canonized Gospels, but you are giving me materials from what no one can say that Jesus said. At least if i do not accept what is in the Godpels, I do know that something is in there that Jesus said, like Mark 12 verse 29, for example.

But there is no way you could argue that Jesus wrote any letter to any group, especially when you said above that the letter is from Paul. Obviously, paul is not Jesus. Next time, my word of advice, to you; use Jesus to argue for Jesus. Use God to argue for Jesu, first. Use Jesus direct followers, the disciples to aregue for Jesus.

I use God, Allah (the Qur'aan; I know you dont have anything this exclusive) to argue for Muhammad, Jesus, etc (AS). I use the Ahadith to argue for Muhammad, Jesus, etc (AS). I use the stories of the prophets to argue for Muhammad, Jesus, etc (AS). You don't have anything like this, without the remote person nown as Paul? Where is the Bible in the pure language wich it was revealed?

Report to moderator Logged
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by bindex(m): 5:57pm On Jan 28, 2009
@Olabowale can you show us where your prophet is in the bible? Delusion at its finest.

OLAADEGBU:

I thank the Lord for the testimonies and exposition of former Muslims on this forum, such as M4malik, shahan, Pilgrim.1 and other bible scholars who have enlightened us on what entails in Islam. Out of all the religions and philosophies that are practised here on earth, only four are practiced after personalities. Judaism, founded by Abraham, he died of old age and was buried; Buddism, founded by Buddah, he died of dysentry and was buried; Islam, by Mohammed, he died of fever and was buried; Christianity, by Jesus Christ, he died by crucifixion and was buried. The difference with other founders is that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and is alive today and I have a living relationship with Him, He is alive, He is alive, He's alive and I'm forgiven, I'm free from the burden of sin and satan, heaven's gate is open wide and my name is written in the book of life, He's alive, Halleluyah!!! There is no other name under heaven given to men other than the name of Jesus.

How do you know that prophet Mohammed died and never rose up? according to the Koran he is presently living in Aljanah with his own share of the 72 virgins drinking wine endlessly and having sex, keep in mind that there are moslems who have said that some angels of Allah appeared to them on their death beds and took them to Aljanah(they have written books and made videos for all to see) where they went and saw the prohet Muhammed. I(and about 1.5 billion moslems) say that prophet Mohammed is alive in heaven, prove to me that its not true. There is no God but Allah and mohammed is is prophet I will also like you to go ahead and show how that statement is wrong.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2009
bindex:

@Olabowale can you show us where your prophet is in the bible? Delusion at its finest.

How do you know that prophet Mohammed died and never rose up?

This is what the marriage of unequal yokes does to their children.  The result is that you were neither a muslim nor a christian.  Before you became an atheist, didn't you have the faintest idea that neither the Qur'an nor the Hadith claimed that Mo was resurrected.  Mo himself was not sure of his destination, he admitted that by saying and I quote: "By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me" (Hadith vol.5. no.266).  Buddha said "I die seeking truth",  but Jesus Christ said that "I am the Way, the Truth and the life". and his grave is empty.

bindex:

according to the Koran he is presently living in Aljanah with his own share of the 72 virgins drinking wine endlessly and having sex, keep in mind that there are moslems who have said that some angels of Allah appeared to them on their death beds and took them to Aljanah(they have written books and made videos for all to see) where they went and saw the prohet Muhammed.

Can you quote either from the Qur'an or the Hadiths to support your claims?  Even the Muslims see you as a serial joker with all your preposterous claims.  Tell me where it is written that Mo is presently enjoying in Aljanah, he was not sure where he would end up and he was honest enough to tell his disciples that he had no assurance of salvation.  The only assurance given to them is if you or any former slave of Islam discloses their identities to any of those slaves of Allah and they succeed in eliminating you then they have the assurance of entering into aljanah otherwise they will have to wait to know their fate on judgment day.  The other spurious claim that you have been bandering about is the so called visions of those who went to aljanah and that they saw allah, do you care to show us at least one of the links or videos or references to support your far fetched claims?

bindex:

I(and about 1.5 billion moslems) say that prophet Mohammed is alive in heaven, prove to me that its not true. There is no God but Allah and mohammed is is prophet I will also like you to go ahead and show how that statement is wrong.

You are on your own there as no true muslim will agree with you that their prophet Mo. is risen and alive and in heaven.  His bones are in his grave today, just as others that have died and have been buried.  The onus is on you to now proof or supply the evidence that supports your spurious claims.  And do not divert from this challenge like you are used to by jumping to other irrelevant hypothesis that holds no water. tongue
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Lady2(f): 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2009
Most does not mean all. Now consider this, Christianity or Jesus, in any clear sense, without the usual Christian deductive process, is not mentioned in the Jewish Torah. Whereever you see "Jesus" name in the Torah, please direct us to it.

I really don't care for this discussion so pls do not even attempt to have any dialogue with me. But I saw this and will say that technically "Jesus" is in the Old Testament.

But to show that to you, I will have to go to the original name of Yeshua. In greek the name is Joshua, and well Joshua is in the Old Testament. So Yeshua, Joshua, Jesus, all the same name are in the Old Testament.

Just wanted to point that out, but you can carry on with your discussions.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Jean2(m): 12:24am On Jan 29, 2009
SURAH LXXIII

Al-Muzammil takes its title from a word in verse 1. After his first trance and vision, the prophet went to his wife Khadijah and told her to wrap him up in cloaks, and that was afterwards his habit on such occasion,

SURAH LXXIV

Al-Mudath-thir takes its name from a word in verse 1. The prophet was accustomed to wrap himself in his cloak at the time of his trances…

There is an introduction to the English Quran, some excerpt from part one:

The first Revelation: (somewhere in the 2nd paragraph)
He was asleep or in a trance when he heard a voice say: “Read!” He said: “I cannot read.” The voice again said: “Read!” He said: “I cannot read” A third time the voice, more terrible commanded …

Somewhere in the 4th paragraph
The words (Quran*) which came to him (Muhammed*) when in a state of trance, are never confounded with those which he (Muhammed*) uttered when no physical change was apparent in him (Muhammed*).

* I have added the asterisked word in bracket for better understanding.

I have read and listened to people who had encounters with spirits.

@ Olabowale
Now consider this, Christianity or Jesus, in any clear sense, without the usual Christian deductive process, is not mentioned in the Jewish Torah. Whereever you see "Jesus" name in the Torah, please direct us to it.

I am yet to read the Jewish Torah.

The first comforter is Jesus (Matthew 11: 28-30, the “another comforter” Jesus made reference to is the Holy Spirit. Read John 14:17

The Holy Spirit, God, Jesus have been in existence before the foundation of the world. Note: I wrote earlier concerning Jesus; “Even before Jesus Christ's birth by Mary…” So also the period of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit is now.

You may have read about the earthly ministry of Jesus, how he went about doing good, preaching the gospel, healing the sick, casting out evil spirit from people possessed by evil spirit. Jesus told his disciples in Acts 1:4-8 which reads:  4and, being assembled with them, commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to await the promise of the Father, which said he ye have heard of me.  5For John indeed baptised with water, but ye shall be baptised with the Holy Spirit after now not many days.
6They therefore, being come together, asked him saying, Lord, is it at this time that thou restorest the kingdom to Israel?  7And he said to them, It is not yours to know times or seasons, which the Father has placed in his own authority;  8but ye will receive power, the Holy Spirit having come upon you, and ye shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
It is the Holy Spirit at work in a Christian’s life that makes him/her do the things that Jesus referred to as the signs that will follow them that believe.

@ Olabowale
If this statement was even to be remotely true, then it is either that those who Jesus addressed are still alive right now. Are they? Or that some people are alive right now that have the exact same nature like the audience of Jesus, in belief and worship of God and also recognising the exact place of Jesus. This people are not undermining him, Jesus, like the Jews who denied his prophethood, or exaggerating his personage by deitifying him, like the Christians. Is there a group like that around today? Yes. They are called Muslims. The muslims believe that all prophets and Messengers and those who worshipped God Almighty in the way prescribed to this prophets and messengers are muslims.

If I understand what you mean, you first expressed doubt about the authenticity of the statement: Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but all of you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you. Just immediately after this you wrote:  “Is there a group like that around today? Yes. They are called Muslims.”
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by bindex(m): 2:22am On Jan 29, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

This is what the marriage of unequal yokes does to their children.  The result is that you were neither a muslim nor a christian.  Before you became an atheist, didn't you have the faintest idea that neither the Qur'an nor the Hadith claimed that Mo was resurrected.  Mo himself was not sure of his destination, he admitted that by saying and I quote: "By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me" (Hadith vol.5. no.266).  Buddha said "I die seeking truth",  but Jesus Christ said that "I am the Way, the Truth and the life". and his grave is empty.

Muhammad is believed by many Muslims to have ascended into heaven at the site of the Dome of the Rock. (See Kitab al-Miraj). Jesus never said anything about him being the way the truth and the life, they people that created the Jesus story said that and by the way what do you mean by his grave is empty? Where is his grave? even the so called eye witness could not give the same account of events with regards to how he lived his life, how he died and resurrected in to heaven. Read the gospels once again and tell me when exactly did Jesus die? One of the gospels said he was crucified by 9am while another said he was crucified by noon,

9:00 a.m.  -- “It was the third hour when they crucified him.” mark (15:25)

12:00 p.m.  -- Jesus was not crucified until after the sixth hour!    john(19:14-15)

so which is it 9am or noon?who bore the cross on the way to golgotha prior to crucifixion (jesus himself or simon a cyrenian), did the two brigands crucified with him believe in him (yes, one did in luke 23:39-41, no, mark 15:32 and Matthew 27:44), his last words on the cross, (john "It is finished", mark and matt. "my god, my god, why have you forsaken me? ((which is like saying "myself, myself, why have i forsaken me?"wink) or luke, "father, into your hands I commit my spirit"wink.  did roman soldiers guard the tomb? (yes in matt 28:4 or no in John 20:1) matthew uniquely added details (unknown to the other gospels) that an angel rolled back a rock from in front of the tomb, a guard was present at the tomb, the veil of the temple was torn in two accompanied by an earthquake, and amazingly, many dead bodies of jewish saints in jerusalem were also resurrected and walked around the city    yet no single eye witness bothered to write about all these extra ordinary events outside of the bible until about 40-70 years after the were believed to have happened some "eye witness" wrote about them as the gospels and got the whole story all so mixed up. If the so called eye witnessed got it all so mixed up why then are you still saying that his grave is empty?

Can you quote either from the Qur'an or the Hadiths to support your claims?  Even the Muslims see you as a serial joker with all your preposterous claims.  Tell me where it is written that Mo is presently enjoying in Aljanah, he was not sure where he would end up and he was honest enough to tell his disciples that he had no assurance of salvation.  The only assurance given to them is if you or any former slave of Islam discloses their identities to any of those slaves of Allah and they succeed in eliminating you then they have the assurance of entering into aljanah otherwise they will have to wait to know their fate on judgment day.  The other spurious claim that you have been bandering about is the so called visions of those who went to aljanah and that they saw allah, do you care to show us at least one of the links or videos or references to support your far fetched claims?

Muhammad is believed by many Muslims to have ascended into heaven at the site of the Dome of the Rock. (See Kitab al-Miraj). There is a book by Nasril Alfiasal a moslem from yemen who claimed to have been to Aljannah. I once read it in dubai about 6 years ago you can go and look for it and read. Also keep in mind that a homosexual christains(Roberts Liardon ) also claimed to have been to heaven where he saw Jesus and the angels.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by olabowale(m): 5:18am On Jan 29, 2009
@~Lady~: « #490 on: Yesterday at 07:33:55 PM »

I really don't care for this discussion so pls do not even attempt to have any dialogue with me. But I saw this and will say that technically "Jesus" is in the Old Testament.

But to show that to you, I will have to go to the original name of Yeshua. In greek the name is Joshua, and well Joshua is in the Old Testament. So Yeshua, Joshua, Jesus, all the same name are in the Old Testament.

Just wanted to point that out, but you can carry on with your discussions.

Joshua must have many lives. Joshua lived and died in the OT. Then he came back in NT as Jesus. You this girl, you fit sabi wayo. I guess he didn't finish his work, as ordinary prophet in OT. So he had to come as combination; god, son, prophet, etc named Jesus in NT, to mop up, uh?

You are still in Florida or now in Georgia? Location may determine the critical evaluation of your answer, above. Joshua, who was under Moses, like a boy boy? You make me laugh. I know why I miss you now.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Lady2(f): 7:25am On Jan 29, 2009
olabowale:

@~Lady~: « #490 on: Yesterday at 07:33:55 PM »
Joshua must have many lives. Joshua lived and died in the OT. Then he came back in NT as Jesus. You this girl, you fit sabi wayo. I guess he didn't finish his work, as ordinary prophet in OT. So he had to come as combination; god, son, prophet, etc named Jesus in NT, to mop up, uh?

You are still in Florida or now in Georgia? Location may determine the critical evaluation of your answer, above. Joshua, who was under Moses, like a boy boy? You make me laugh. I know why I miss you now.

You were looking for the name Jesus, you didn't say anything about the person Jesus. But even at that he was present as he already said before Abraham, I AM. that statement ticked the jews off, I wonder why.

Anyway I already said I won't oblige you, and pls don't miss me, cause I don't miss u. I have no time for liars in my life.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 29, 2009
Jean,
Again, your unwillingness to accept a people or their ways is not enough reason to say untrue things about them.
You mentioned Surah 73, Surah Al-Muzzammil, that "the Prophet after his first trance and vision, went to his wife Khadijah and told her to wrap him up in cloaks and that was afterwards his habit on such occaisions.". First of all, he was not in a trance, He was fully awake when the first revelation came to Him. And no, going to, and asking His wife khadijah to wrap Him up, was not His habit on such occaisions afterwards. It happened just once.
Then you mentioned Surah Al-Mudaththir, and that "the prophet was accustomed to wrapping himself at the time of his trances",Wrong. He didn't make a habit out of taking a cloak to wrap himself up whenever a revelation came to him, (not "when he was in a trance") I think you said this probably because two Chapters of the Qur'an have titles whose translations have something to do with wrapping. One of them translates into
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 29, 2009
One covered in cloaks and the other into One wrapped in clothing,not cloaks. They don't mean the same thing. If they did, the would have the same spelling. Why the prophet sought to be covered after receiving the first revelation was because He had seen an Angel, the Angel Gabriel, who brought the revelations to him, in Its true form and was shaken and overpowered by Its presence, since Angels are not beigns of our nature,also because the Angel had gripped him and commanded him to read. Also because the words of The Holy Qur'an are great, it was revealed that if it was sent down upon a mountain, that mountain would come apart, out of fear of its Lord, so you can imagine the effect of the Qur'an when revealed to a human being.
Then lastly, you mentioned the first Revelation of the Holy Qur'an and that the prophet was asleep and heard a voice. No, He was not asleep, He was awake, and He saw the Angel speaking to him, he didnt just hear "a voice".
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 29, 2009
And nowhere in the Chapter containg the first revelation is the word, Qur'an, mentioned. I don't know what book you read. That chapter was not divided into paragraphs. It was numbered,into verses. There were twenty sentences, and nineteen verses. It could not have had paragraphs.
And I don't understand what you wrote in the last part of the post that relates to this, I can't respond to it. Regarding the holy ghost, read Olabowale's reply to ur post above.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44am On Jan 29, 2009
@bindex,

I truly pity your frustrations, and as I said your case is an example of what unequally yoked marriages does to Christians who choose to marry unbelievers and in your case Muslims.  The result as we are now seeing is half baked Muslim and half baked Christian which will ultimately end up in confusion.  Your misconception of Islam and Mohammed is so glaring for even the Muslims on this forum.  And I am sure none of them will agree with you that Mohammed did not die but was ascended to aljanah alive.  Neither will any Christian agree with you that Jesus did not say that "I am the way, the truth and the life".  Your confusion which has now made you to become an atheist means that you neither believe in the existence of Jesus Christ nor of God the Father, do you even believe in yourself?  Do you believe that you exist? or that you are random particles?  It is said that if there were no God there will be no atheists, so if you believe that you exist then that means that God is, God was and God is come, the Almighty, unless otherwise you don't believe that you exist.  For God not to exist means that you don't exist, and that can only be answered by yourself.

For the reasons that I stated above, I don't think it will be necessary explaining the Bible text and Jesus that you don't believe exists, unless you can convince me that you now believe that He exist before I can engage you in any meaningful discussion regarding the questions you asked.  Before you continue on this journey to oblivion that you have now embarked on it will be wise for you to know what happened to those who went before you in the broad way of atheism that leads to destruction, who renounced their disbeliefs at the time of their affliction and death, people like Sir Francis Newport, Voltaire, Tom Paine, David Hume, Altamont, Ethan Allen, Thomas Hobbes and many others pleaded for mercy from God and regretted their atheism in their dying hour.  God doesn't want you to go to Hell.  Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath.  Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down.

A word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by bindex(m): 12:08pm On Jan 29, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

@bindex,

I truly pity your frustrations, and as I said your case is an example of what unequally yoked marriages does to Christians who choose to marry unbelievers and in your case Muslims.  The result as we are now seeing is half baked Muslim and half baked Christian which will ultimately end up in confusion.  Your misconception of Islam and Mohammed is so glaring for even the Muslims on this forum.  And I am sure none of them will agree with you that Mohammed did not die but was ascended to aljanah alive.  Neither will any Christian agree with you that Jesus did not say that "I am the way, the truth and the life". Your confusion which has now made you to become an atheist means that you neither believe in the existence of Jesus Christ nor of God the Father, do you even believe in yourself?  Do you believe that you exist? or that you are random particles?  It is said that if there were no God there will be no atheists, so if you believe that you exists then that means that God is, God was and God is come, the Almighty, unless you believe that you don't exist.  For God not to exist means that you don't exist, and that can only be answered by you.

For the reasons that I stated above, I don't think it will be necessary explaining the Bible text and Jesus that you don't believe exists, unless you can convince me that you now believe that they exist before I can engage you in any meaningful explanations regarding the questions you asked.  Before you continue on this journey to oblivion that you have embarked on it will be wise for you to know what happened to those who went before you who renounced their disbelieve at the times of their affliction and death, people like Sir Francis Newport, Voltaire, Tom Paine, David Hume, Altamont, Ethan Allen, Thomas Hobbes and many others pleaded for mercy from God and regretted their atheism in their dying hour.  God doesn't want you to go to Hell.  Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath.  Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down.

A word they say is enough for the wise.

The problem with your own frustration is that I showed you where it is written in a Hadith that Mohamed acended into heaven from the alaqsar mosque in Jerusalem. (See Kitab al-Miraj).

When was Jesus crucified?

9:00 a.m. -- “It was the third hour when they crucified him.” mark (15:25)

12:00 p.m. -- Jesus was not crucified until after the sixth hour! john(19:14-15)

What were his last words on the cross? (john "It is finished", mark and matt. "my god, my god, why have you forsaken me? ((which is like saying "myself, myself, why have i forsaken me?"wink) or luke, "father, into your hands I commit my spirit"wink.

I don't even know what to make of the rest of you drivels. Continue on this Journey of delusion that you have decided to take. God doesn't want me to go to hell? I wonder if Christianity would have ever survived without the concept of hell. OK I want to go to hell go and tell Jehovah or Jesus to come and take me there the next minute.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by georgecso(m): 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2009
@ the poster and all other members who wished to know the truth about JESUS CHRIST , MUHAMMED (AS) AND OTHER RELIGION

http://www.worldministries.org/IntNL/Ephesus.pdf
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by olabowale(m): 3:04pm On Jan 29, 2009
@georgecso: Your website is a turn off. It started by saying Jesus spoke to the 7 churches through John. This is wishy washy, since Jesus had no business with any church. If he did, he would have built at least one before he left the earth.

If he spoke through John, then John would have to be taken as a prophet, because Jesus as the Christians claim is a god. What role did Paul who used to be Saul played then, since his ideas are the foundamental doctrines of christianity, today? That means that Jesus did not complete prophethood, since he was also believed by Christians as a prophet, too. What then did Jesus succeed in?

I just did not after the very statement about Jesus talking through John waited to read any more. I already know that paul dominated the basic Christian doctrine, which relegated Jesus and John, etc to supporting casts.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by georgecso(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2009
@ Olabowale

I don't know if you did comprehend what was written on that site. I don't know your faith and the dinomination your adhere to. But the truth is bitter and its only a simple mind that can comprehend it. Whatever you have said or think is your candid opinion and l respect that. l am not a judge bro but the truth must be told and good thing is we have choices. Its left for our Conscience bro.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by georgecso(m): 3:38pm On Jan 29, 2009
@ Olabowale

I don't know if you did comprehend what was written on that site. I don't know your faith and the dinomination your adhere to. But the truth is bitter and its only a simple mind that can comprehend it. Whatever you have said or think is your candid opinion and l respect that. l am not a judge bro but the truth must be told and the good thing is that we have choices. Its left for our Conscience bro.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:01pm On Jan 29, 2009
georgecso:

@ the poster and all other members who wished to know the truth about JESUS CHRIST , MUHAMMED (AS) AND OTHER RELIGION

http://www.worldministries.org/IntNL/Ephesus.pdf

May God bless you abundantly as you have blessed us with the website above, that said the truth about Jesus Christ and other religions.

For 6,000 years Satan has barely changed his tactics in attacking the Word of God.  It first started in the garden of Eden when he made Adam and Eve to doubt, deny and disobey the Word of God by adding to it, subtracting from it or totally replacing it with half truths and lies. 

Below is a concise narration of how he has deceived mankind through the ages by attacking the Word of God and replacing it with human philosophies, cults and false religions. 

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0031/0031_01.asp
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by georgecso(m): 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2009
@OLAADEGBU
I appreciate your comments bro and l just hope people will open their hearts for once and see the light
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by prizeless(m): 11:39am On Feb 03, 2009
everyone's name is mentioned in the bible. So if you want to find out if your name is in there, just go search it out.

Take care all
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by olabowale(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2009
@georgecso: « #503 on: January 29, 2009, 03:38 PM »

@ Olabowale

I don't know if you did comprehend what was written on that site. I don't know your faith and the dinomination your adhere to. But the truth is bitter and its only a simple mind that can comprehend it. Whatever you have said or think is your candid opinion and l respect that. l am not a judge bro but the truth must be told and the good thing is that we have choices. Its left for our Conscience bro.

I am a muslim man. My heart is settled in it. I am a fisher of men and women of good believing hearts. Three god persons or personalities, is bold face lie. There is only One singular God, Lord of the world, Who Ccreated everything. He is the One everyone and everthing should worship. Not Jesus, not anything or anyone else!

@OLAADEGBU (m)« #504 on: January 29, 2009, 04:01 PM »

May God bless you abundantly as you have blessed us with the website above, that said the truth about Jesus Christ and other religions.

For 6,000 years Satan has barely changed his tactics in attacking the Word of God. It first started in the garden of Eden when he made Adam and Eve to doubt, deny and disobey the Word of God by adding to it, subtracting from it or totally replacing it with half truths and lies.

Where is the pure word of God, when we Obviously see the words of disciples and apostles in "Acts" and all that are after it; Romans, etc?

Below is a concise narration of how he has deceived mankind through the ages by attacking the Word of God and replacing it with human philosophies, cults and false religions.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0031/0031_01.asp

Are you not being deceived, without you knowing it? let me wake you up, man; I have news for you - 3 gods of distincts persons and personalities can never be One God Lod of the Creations. The True God could never have said "why call me Good, , etc" The true God could never have been crying, weeping and begging and praying to anyone to save him!

@georgecso« #505 on: January 29, 2009, 05:08 PM »

@OLAADEGBU
I appreciate your comments bro and l just hope people will open their hearts for once and see the light

You fell for Olaadegbu's sugar coated lies. I am sure that this is a matter of upbringing. Let me warn you my man; hell fire is real. God will not share His Authority with anyone. Not Angel, not Genie, not Human. No one. If you believe that Jesus will save you, please be warned that jesus will not be part of any savior. The savior Himself is the creator, Lord God, Who is One God, the creator. It is not Jesus.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
@olabowale,

As georgecso said, you are entitled to your opinion and we respect that. God Almighty is a gentleman who will not force His Truth upon anyone. He has made you a free moral agent who has the freedom to choose between life and death. The thief only comes to steal, kill and destroy but Jesus has come so that we can have life more abundantly, the choice is yours, life or death.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by bindex(m): 9:40pm On Feb 03, 2009
georgecso:

@OLAADEGBU

What light? is there any light in Islam? grin grin grin deluded slaves of a murderer and a fraud.

OLAADEGBU:

@olabowale,

As georgecso said, you are entitled to your opinion and we respect that. God Almighty is a gentleman who will not force His Truth upon anyone. He has made you a free moral agent who has the freedom to choose between life and death. The thief only comes to steal, kill and destroy but Jesus has come so that we can have life more abundantly, the choice is yours, life or death.

Your own God is no different from their own stupid murderer. The bibleGod is a gentle man who will not force his truth on any one eh? have you read the bible at all?

1Ki 18:36 At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: "O Lord, God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command.

1Ki 18:37 Answer me, O Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, O Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again."

1Ki 18:38 Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.

1Ki 18:39 When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, "The Lord--he is God! The Lord--he is God!"

1Ki 18:40 Then Elijah commanded, "Seize all the prophets of Baal. Don't let a single one escape!" So the people seized them all, and Elijah took them down to the Kishon Valley and killed them there 

After showing the people that the bibleGod is superior to the Baal (their God) the bibleGod allowed his prophet Elijah to kill all the prophets of Baal just because they do not believe in him. Instead of giving them the chance to confess their "sins" and accept him as their God since he just showed them how powerful he is he allowed Elijah to slaughter them like chickens. This is the same God that you keep lying and claiming that he is a gentle man. What kind of gentle man is this that almost killed his best friend Moses? Elijah is the same murderer the bibleGod was so pleased with that he took him to "heaven" alive . What a gentle man God.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by georgecso(m): 12:11pm On Feb 04, 2009
[size=14pt]@ Olabowale

I am a muslim man. My heart is settled in it. I am a fisher of men and women of good believing hearts. Three god persons or personalities, is bold face lie. There is only One singular God, Lord of the world, Who Ccreated everything. He is the One everyone and everthing should worship. Not Jesus, not anything or anyone else!

You dare not renouce/leave your faith bro 'coz u know the consequences. Your head might be severed/cut off for renoucing Islam. Is that how u understood God? Besides you have shown that you don't have a good knowledge of how u were created.

Answer these simple question pls Olabowale ( I respect Islam but it seems u don't have indepth knowledge about it)
1 - Do Animals have Soul/Mind/Spirit?
2- Do Human Beigns have Soul/Spirit ( I know u the Body exist abi?)
3- What would you think of God that created all these things, Animal, Human etc ( Remember our minds are finite and its only the simple mind that can comprehend it)

Its not 3 Gods as some Mullahs have thought you.  Bro u or your mullahs cannot tell that u have the ticket to Aljanah ( I am 100% sure). Any Religion that tells u that its only ur good deeds that can take u there is a BIG LIAR. REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO ADAM & EVE? God sent them out of Eden because of DISOBEDIENCE. Now what would u now say about the kind of SIN people commit these days? IF YOUR GOOD DEEDS WILL TAKE US TO HEAVEN (AS CLAIMED IN SOME OF UR TEACHINGS) , THEN WHO NOW TAKE CARE OF THE BAD ONES( MURDER, FORNICATION, ADULTERY, HATERED, ETC )? CAN U PAY OR LABOUR TO WRITE OFF THOSE DEBTS (SINS) ?

As l said earlier its a matter of Choice. God has given us choice. Thank God for God (permit my language) that He is not a dictator like  Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Mobutu etc. Take sometime to question your faith Bro but at ur own risk. [/size]
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by AlamTara: 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2009
@ OLAADEGBU

JESUS NEVER DIED ON THE CROSS. HE WAS NEVER BURIED. AND HE NEVER ROSE FROM THE DEAD

olaadegbu do you believe in the Holy Bible? Do you believe what Jesus himself said?

When the Pharisees asked Jesus to give them a sign this is what Jesus said to them." A wicked generation seeks after a sign. But no sign shall be given to you except the sign of Jonas. As Jonas was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale so the son of man (Jesus) shall be in the belly of the earth. Mathew 12:40

The question is  DID JONAS DIE?

the answer is NO JONAS  DID NO DIE IN THE STORY WE ARE TOLD IN THE BIBLE. JONAS WAS A SIGN TO THE NINEVITES. HE DID NOT DIE.

You ask me to prove it?  OK

1)  When Jonas was on the deck of the ship was he dead or alive?   answer 1) Jonas was alive.

2) When Jonas was thrown out of the ship, was he dead or alive?     answer    2) Jonas was alive.

3) When Jonas hit the water of the sea was he dead or alive?            answer     3) Jonas was alive.

4) When Jonas was swallowed by the whale was he dead or alive?    answer     4) Jonas was alive.

5) When Jonas was in the belly of the whale was he dead or alive?     answer     5) Jonas was alive.

6) When Jonas was spat out by the whale was he dead or alive?      answer    6) Jonas was alive.

At no time in the story(parable)(Sign) was Jonas dead. Never. Jonas did not die. Jesus in his usual mystery has told everyone." Just as it was with Jonas so shall it be with the Son of Man." Jonas spent three days and three nights in the belly of the whale. And all the time he was alive. Jesus also spent three days in the belly of the earth AND AT NO TIME WAS HE DEAD SO THERE WAS NEVER ANY RESURRECTION.

Olaadegbu  JESUS was put on the cross .Yes. But he did not die. He was brought down alive.

The Romans devised crucifixion as a long, slow and painful death. To speed up the process of death the legs of those crucified were broken. Jesus' legs were not broken because the soldiers thought he was dead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17)

What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? / Things That Make A Man Happy And Things That Make Him Miserable / Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.