Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad in the Bible (22577 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by nicetohave(m): 3:25pm On Dec 14, 2005
Kismat...you really make me grin..do you honestly think i am going to tell you its prophet A or B...mistaken, if you don't know by now then maybe someone else will help you out...moreover i don't make reference to the Holy spirit on the topic as you do...and with your usage of the Holy Spirit i can see you do not know him...and if you do not know him, how can you understand what he spake through the mouth his prophets?

I gave this response a couple of days ago...its hasnt changed now, and it wont change...the carnal mind cannot comprehend the things of God.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by owo(m): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2005
Chief Kismat.... It would be good if you took some time out to digest the following explanation that I prepared for you. It may do you some good.

Deut 18 is a brief summary of Jehovah’s inheritance plan for the Levites and also a declaration of the ultimate purpose of their work as ministers.

The first twelve verses describe, briefly the inheritance (and some undo-ables) while the next ten describe the purpose or ultimate consummation of their duties.

In describing the purpose of their work, the following are highlighted.
1. (vs15-16) A prophet will be raised up from among them (the Levites/Israelites… to which they must hear… this being a fulfillment of their earlier desire.
2. (vs18-19)A description of when (Exodus 20: 19) and how he (Moses) heard the message delivered in vs. 15 & 16.
3. The consequences of false prophecies and how they and such ‘prophets’ should be treated (vs 20 – 22).

The old covenant (of which a good portion of the first five books belong) is described as having a ‘shadow’ (Heb 10:1) of the new covenant through Jesus.

The statement in verses 15 and 18 are direct references to Jesus (The Prophet, King, Priest and above all, Lord) –(All Peace be from Him)

As prophet he speaks the words of the Father - Jehovah…Heb 1:1-2 (God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in times past unto the fathers by the prophets,
hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed Heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds
,)
…John 12: 49 (For I have not spoken of Myself; but the Father who sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak.)

The similarity of prophets in the whole scripture of truth is ‘never’ based on physical attributes like marriage (the WORD declares that there is no marriage in heaven), height, colour or the like. Rather, they are based on similarity of message… as in prophet A is similar to be if they convey similar or comparable messages. In this understanding, you have erred (It should be so since you do not read the WORD for the life in it).

Therefore;
As Moses was used to deliver the Israelites from bondage in Egypt, even so does Jesus deliver His people from the bondage/death of their sins into eternal life.(Matt 1: 21, Rom 6:23)

As Moses led the people to God even so is Jesus ‘…the way, the truth, and the life..”John 14:6

As the Father prepared Canaan for the people that Moses led even so is heaven being prepared for those that are being led by Jesus. (John 14: 1-3)

The 'whole' of this forum and all its posts would not be enough if all the similarities were to be written.

Many that can be described as great leaders of men have lived and died in this world ... and they remain buried in their graves and tombs. Many have always sought to measure and compare themselves to Jesus.
However, having read through Muhammad's life and history and the Quran (over and over again), I can say categorically that there have been so many men that have closer similarities to Jesus than Mohammad. Certainly, these people would be the next in line if that scripture wasn't referring to Jesus (But thank God its very specific).

You can look for another way of authenticating your prophet.... but certainly this scripture and the word of truth will not help you.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by kismat: 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2005
The statement in verses 15 and 18 are direct references to Jesus (The Prophet, King, Priest and above all, Lord) –(All Peace be from Him)

So Jesus is a prophet and not God?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by goodguy(m): 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2005
In that context, he's all. He's a Prophet, King, Priest and above all, Lord.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by alheri(f): 10:07am On Dec 15, 2005
kismat hi, i must say that youve totally convinced me from your post on dec 12th that the personage been spoken of to Moses by the Almighty God was indeed The Prophet Mohammed(SAW). I was totally convinced from your post that the Prophet Mohammed(SAW) was indeed in the Holy Bible.

But as i sat to ponder further on this issue/topic and what the implications of this could be,something else crept up to my mind. Now i wouldnt want to say the Holy Spirit ministered to me because that might make you roll your eyes at me  rolleyes  but a thot now came to my mind that maybe, just maybe or rather the person been spoken to Moses could actually Be the Lord Jesus Christ as said earlier.

Check this:  Two similarities which the Lord Jesus Christ and Moses Had in common which cannot be seen in the case of any other person spoken about in the Bible and maybe even the Qur'ani(because ive not studied the Qur'an very very extensively), not even the Prophet Mohammed(SAW) is this:

According to the Holy Bible, when Moses was born, as an infantn Egypt in the days of old, a spirit of infant death had been unleashed into Egypt to kill all male children under a certain age. That was how Moses ended up been raised in the house of Pharoah(EXODUS CHAPTER 1). Now the Holy Bible also records that that same spirit of death was also unleashed at the same time the Lord Jesus Christ was born. And that was why his mother Mary and her husband Joseph had to travel back through Egypt to avoid king Harod's men(MATTHEW CHAPTER 2).

Now i believe sincerely that this ONE similarity stands high above any other similarity ( since youre taking things literally)you mentioned earlier to convince me that the Prophet Mohammed(SAW) is mentioned in the Holy  Bible.

Why not try and bring up another instance where you believe Mohammed(SAW) was mentioned in the Bible for discussion instead of trying to ridicule other peoples statements like you did here

kismat:

So Jesus is a prophet and not God?

we are all entitled to our beliefs. Just bring up another point for discussion.

No offence meant please.

PEACE, AM OUT!
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by nicetohave(m): 11:41am On Dec 15, 2005
Aye alheri...The spirit of God, the spirit of truth is one and does not contradict, if you have said this it wasnt revealed to you by flesh and blood and you are not far from the kingdom of God.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by kismat: 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2005
Alheri,

What you've stated about Jesus also happened to Muhammed pbu them. Muhummed as a young boy was travelling to roman syria and on his way he met a christian monk who after seeing the stones prostrating to muhummed and tree leaves moving to where he was seated to provide him with shade, he asked his uncle to take the young boy back to Mecca because the romans in syria will kill him. His uncle listened to the monk and immediately headed back to mecca. Few days later, about 7 to 10 romans arrived at the city where the monk lived and asked him if he had heard/seen the awaited one because they expected someone to come as a messenger around that time.

As you rightly pointed out, you and many christians know little about Islam which i can only hope that you'll get to learn and share with us your findings.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by prettyH(f): 11:44pm On Dec 19, 2005
Muslims will continue to say muhammed is in the bible while christians know otherwise. Should muslims tell us or should we tell them if this is true or not? Infact why should muhammed be mentioned in our bible in the first place.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by nicetohave(m): 4:50am On Dec 20, 2005
good question, and i have been trying to tell kismat that he is neither covenanted with God nor serve any purpose in his redemption plan but he seem to possess some apocalyptical knowledge that see mohammed hidden in some passages in the bible with some long-drawn explanation
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by nuru(m): 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2005
Because in Jn 16 Vs 12, Jesus Christ admitted that he could not complete the message and God chose Muhammed to complete it. That completion is foretold, hence the mention of the name Muhammad in the original language that Jesus spoke but diabolically tranlated to Spirit in English in order to cover the Truth. We thank God that similar statements like 'Eli, Eli Lamo sabchtani ' has not been lost to tranlators. By the way, do you know the language that Jesus spoke.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by prettyH(f): 3:59pm On Dec 20, 2005
Come nuru u seem not to be satisfied with your way of life thats why u've delved into Christianity. U r a muslim not a christian. Cos u know a passage or two don't make u one. Jesus completed what he had to do and passed on the mantle to his disciples. Where muhammed comes in is still a mystery to me.

For ur info, John16v12 talks bout the Holy spirit abi. So u now see why a muslim should not delve into Christian matters cos u'll never understand it. Or r u making a comparison btw Muhammed and the Holy spirit .

This passage is too clear so just let it be. If u think the truth is hidden , then we thank God for what we have.

And what is ur point bout Eli, Eli Lamo sabchtani cos i ain't getting it

And lastly where r u desperatly trying to prove that muhammed is in our bible sef. Whats the 411?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by goodguy(m): 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2005
The simple truth is that Muslims are slaves to the Christians. It all started when Abraham was not patient enough.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by nicetohave(m): 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2005
nuru what is the meaning of "Eli, Eli, Lamo Sabachtani"? and what langauage is that? we shall come to the issue of the comforter later and by the way, did you know the last word of Jesus on the cross? "It is finished" meaning, he has completed his mission on earth and not passed on to no pubh to complete it, what an incongrous statement....his disciples were enabled of God to spread the completed work to the ends of the earth.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by nuru(m): 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2005
If a so called christian has not heard of Eli Eli spoken by Jesus before in this days of tongue speaking in churches, then he/she should go back to a knowledable pastor to teach him. You see, dogmatism without reason is antichrist because Jesus in all his teachings always appeal for you to use your faculty. We need to prove the existence of Muhammed in the Bible to lead people back to the true teachings of Jesus. Please do a bit of research on the language that Jesus spoke and get a deeper understanding of this great teacher.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by nicetohave(m): 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2005
It means "Lord, Lord why hast thou forsaken me"?, and the language is hebrew.....it is you who is confused about the meaning so i want to know what your translation is....did you also notice he completed his work before he breathe his last in the flesh and need no pubh to complete it for him?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by sweetnini(f): 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2005
@Nuru every true christian knows the meaning of that even a 5 year old would tell u i dont think u know anything at all bout christianity cos if u do then u'll know that even in C.R.K or C.R.S its being thought the meaning of that and the language
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by alheri(f): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2005
kismat:

Alheri,

What you've stated about Jesus also happened to Muhammed pbu them. Muhummed as a young boy was travelling to roman syria and on his way he met a christian monk who after seeing the stones prostrating to muhummed and tree leaves moving to where he was seated to provide him with shade, he asked his uncle to take the young boy back to Mecca because the romans in syria will kill him. His uncle listened to the monk and immediately headed back to mecca. Few days later, about 7 to 10 romans arrived at the city where the monk lived and asked him if he had heard/seen the awaited one because they expected someone to come as a messenger around that time.

As you rightly pointed out, you and many christians know little about Islam which i can only hope that you'll get to learn and share with us your findings.

No kismat, though i dont really understand what youre talking about, your example is totally different from the one i gave earlier. What i said was "infant death". They were both infants when the laws were made to kill children. Am not talking about the wise men here,am talking about the pronouncement by the kings in those times to annihilate infant male children.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by nicetohave(m): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2005
Alheri,

I call it imitation, the whole thing lacks originality and when there isnt that touch of originality and a dire effort to be like the one before, the authenticity is questionable.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by nuru(m): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2005
This is to refer you to one of the sources of exlanation on this topic: http://www.answering-christianity.com/prediction.htm . If you care to read it with an open mind, you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by prettyH(f): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2005
See the truth has already set me free. I know otherwise so checking the site will make no difference.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2005
When we talk about God it is practically the same with Christians and Muslims.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by kismat: 7:30pm On Dec 27, 2005
See the truth has already set me free. I know otherwise so checking the site will make no difference.

Is this what your bible tells you "Read no more for the bible has the truth and nothing but the truth"? Im sure a reasonable christian is ashamed to be associated with such a remark
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by nicetohave(m): 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2005
I disagree with you kismat, the bible does not tell you what to read or what not to read but it does tell you to guide your heart with all diligence , if he feels he benefits nothing from reading the quoran then so be it afterall how can my refusal to ingest a particular literature make me intellectually lazy when there are millions others that i am interested in.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by owo(m): 11:55am On Dec 28, 2005
@Chief Kismat....
we are still waiting for all your references/explanation of Muhammed being in the Bible. We need to look at them one by one. The living one (Peace be from Him) will enlighten us.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2005
In full agreement with nicetohave
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by debanjee(m): 3:31am On Dec 30, 2005
f
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by alheri(f): 10:21am On Dec 30, 2005
hi debanjee. welcome to this thread and feel free to post some more. I like to here from people who have tasted both puddings.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by theORAKU(m): 12:45pm On Dec 30, 2005
hmmmmmmmmmmmn....

i really dont like religious debates but will just remind us all of the basic fundaments.

I know GOD created everything on earth and in the heavens; including we, the ppl.
and also we do whatever GOD wants us to do.

God has many prophets(his special creatures) who brought GOD's teachings down to us. I definitely know prophet Mohammed is one and am sure Jesus is also a prophet.

reference to Jesus as GOD or LORD(in any of the scriptures) doesnt actually mean Jesus is the creator of Heaven and Earth. Being called son of GOD has to do with his speciality as a creature and not actually as a real son just like we are to our parents.

I think we shud all put more focus on serving GOD and not giving the real dues and regards(meant for GOD) to his prophets. aint say we shud disregard the prophets, but just that GOD owns the greatest of the greatest worship and not his prophets.

1 Like

Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2005
Everything in moderation I say. We are supposed to enjoy all things too right? Of course right.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by goodguy(m): 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2005
Jesus is not a prophet. How many times do you people want me to correct you about this?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2005
Muslims think that way. Even Mohammed is considered prophet
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2005
Muslims recognize Jesus, but I don't think Christians recognize Mohammed though. He was not that bad. That's only my thinking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17)

What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? / Things That Make A Man Happy And Things That Make Him Miserable / Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.