Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Four People Badly Injured With Cutlasses, Charms And Broken Bottles At Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four People Badly Injured With Cutlasses, Charms And Broken Bottles At Pdp (589 Views)

"Four People That Could Tear Nigeria Apart In 2016" - GreenNews.Ng / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers / Police Intercepts 850 Cutlasses Smuggled Into Katsina By Political Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four People Badly Injured With Cutlasses, Charms And Broken Bottles At Pdp by nethacker(m): 11:46am On Dec 10, 2009
They keep on fighting for them, they get injurred, they get the scraps that falls
from the table of those they fight for, are they not fools.

Four persons, alleged to be supporters of the Senate Leader, Senator Teslim Folarin, were on Tuesday, seriously injured as the former military governor of Lagos State, General Rasaki Raji, (rtd) formally declared his ambition to contest the seat of Oyo Central Senatorial District in the 2011 general election.

Trouble started when the vice-chairman of the state chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) , Mukaila Lamidi (a.k.a Auxiliary) allegedly led some members of the union into the premises of the IDC Primary School, Old Ife Road, venue of the ceremony.

People suspected to be working for the Senate Leader, Senator Teslim Folarin, were reportedly identified by the hoodlums, and subsequently descended heavily on them with dangerous weapons such as broken bottles, cutlasses and charms.

During the attack that lasted about 10 minutes, four of the suspected Folarin's supporters were stabbed, and it took the intervention of a police team led by the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of the New Gbagi Police Station before the situation could be put under control.

When contacted, the state Police Commissioner, Alhaji Baba Adisa Bolanta who confirmed the incident, said one person was stabbed. The police boss who said that four people have been arrested in connection with the incident, said he could not say whether they were members of the NURTW or not.

He said it was the DPO of the area who sent a text message to him about the incident In his address, General Rasaki described the event as historic, saying it had finally put an end to the debate on whether he would present himself for election into the Senate to give responsive representation to the people of the Senatorial District.

"Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, I am aware that you are keenly expecting me to declare my intention as the election year 2011 approaches. I am not under any illusion that I have embarked on this task and so declare myself available as a Senate candidate in the 2011 elections.
Source Tags: www.tribune.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

President Yar' Adua Has Gone Awol / Bode George Will Spend Christmas In Jail / ‘yar’adua Sickness Won’t Put Nigeria In Danger’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.