Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Oh, Buhari, Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oh, Buhari, Why? (490 Views)

Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early / I Have Not Been Hearing Of Christian Praying For Buhari. Why? / Buhari: Why Tinubu Is Better As An Ally Than Opponent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oh, Buhari, Why? by Marisol911(f): 1:57pm On Feb 22, 2017
BUHARI, THE ABSENTEE PRESIDENT

It was barely 7months after the APC 2015 presidential candidate, President Muhammadu Buhari was voted into power, that the president began his culture of absenteeism.
Buhari's insistence on leaping at every invitation to jet out of the country has been and still is embarrassing.
Was it because he didn't want to miss out on any gathering with his counterparts around the world? Or was it just a case of being irrevocably tied to his roots? As he happens to hail from a culture that upholds roaming as a means of livelihood?
Buhari goes on vacation to foreign countries leaving behind a Nigeria in petrol draught, bedevilled with a devalued currency and citizens living way below the poverty line.
Come to think of it, by distancing himself was he trying to run away from delivering all the promises he made to us during his campaigns? Or is putting up appearances at international events more urgent than easing petroleum circulation in Africa's most populous nation?
Can those appointments not be handled by representatives?
Frankly speaking, it is shameful that President Buhari, the individual whose responsibility is to hold the reins of governance in this country, would make himself a topic of ridicule and disrespect.
It is now very clear that the Nigerian presidency is in turmoil as the situation is now a case of an absentee president trying to remain relevant and an acting president struggling to put up appearances and president the angry Nigerian population.
No! This is not the democracy we voted for!
This is not the change you promised us!
But unfortunately, this is how democracy works. One cannot predict the result which democracy produces. However, where does this leave Nigerians? For a while now, no one has been able to discern which news is the truth about the president's state of health and which isn't.
I speak the mind of Nigerians when I say we are frustrated and tired of this absentee government. With rumours flying here and there, Nigerians no longer know what to believe.
It is obvious that Buhari did not adequately prepare his mind to rule Africa's most populous nation. He had most definitely underestimated the demands of the Nigerian presidency. But there is absolutely no use crying over spilt milk. He has the job now, let him sit back and rule Nigeria.
I can not imagine how those who voted APC in are feeling right now. The loudness and audibility with which they shouted 'sai baba' would have withered by now. Their mouths have probably been shut with shame and disappointment.
Oh, imagine a government that recently launched a 'Change begins with me' campaign, encouraging Nigerians to patronise locally made goods and services.
Imagine the president preferring to resort to foreign vacation spots and medical centres!
Or has the capital of Nigeria been relocated to London without our knowledge?

Yours Lovingly
Re: Oh, Buhari, Why? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
Marisol911:
[s] THE ABSENTEE PRESIDENT

It was barely 7months after the APC 2015 presidential candidate, President Muhammadu Buhari was voted into power, that the president began his culture of absenteeism.
Buhari's insistence on leaping at every invitation to jet out of the country has been and still is embarrassing.
Was it because he didn't want to miss out on any gathering with his counterparts around the world? Or was it just a case of being irrevocably tied to his roots? As he happens to hail from a culture that upholds roaming as a means of livelihood?
Buhari goes on vacation to foreign countries leaving behind a Nigeria in petrol draught, bedevilled with a devalued currency and citizens living way below the poverty line.
Come to think of it, by distancing himself was he trying to run away from delivering all the promises he made to us during his campaigns? Or is putting up appearances at international events more urgent than easing petroleum circulation in Africa's most populous nation?
Frankly speaking, it is shameful that President Buhari, the individual whose responsibility is to hold the reins of governance in this country, would make himself a topic of ridicule and disrespect.
It is now very clear that the Nigerian presidency is in turmoil as the situation is now a case of an absentee president trying to remain relevant and an acting president struggling to put up appearances and president the angry Nigerian population.
But unfortunately, this is how democracy works. One cannot predict the result which democracy produces. However, where does this leave Nigerians? For a while now, no one has been able to discern which news is the truth about the president's state of health and which isn't.
I speak the mind of Nigerians when I say we are frustrated and tired of this absentee government. With rumours flying here and there, Nigerians no longer know what to believe.
It is obvious that Buhari did not adequately prepare his mind to rule Africa's most populous nation. He had most definitely underestimated the demands of the Nigerian presidency. But there is absolutely no use crying over spilt milk. He has the job now, let him sit back and rule Nigeria.
I can not imagine how those who voted APC in are feeling right now. The loudness and audibility with which they shouted 'sai baba' would have withered by now. Their mouths have probably been shut with shame and disappointment.
Oh, imagine a government that recently launched a 'Change begins with me' campaign, encouraging Nigerians to patronise locally made goods and services.
Imagine the president preferring to resort to foreign vacation spots and medical centres!

Yours Lovingly [/s]
Re: Oh, Buhari, Why? by Marisol911(f): 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2017
[quote author=xstry post=53953195][/quote] why will you cancel my thread na..gaan write your own
Re: Oh, Buhari, Why? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
[s]
Marisol911:
BUHARI, THE ABSENTEE PRESIDENT

Yours Lovingly
[/s]

Trash sai Baba. Get well soon.

(1) (Reply)

Uwazuruike-biafra Will Be Achieved With Guns / War Against Xenophobia / TCN Asks Us To Reduce Electricity Generation, Gencos Cry Out Read More At: Http

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.