Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,614 members, 7,827,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday (11615 Views)

Obiano Directs Anambra Teachers To Resume On Monday / Drama You Will See As Schools Will Resume On Monday (photos) / FUTO Senate Releases New Amended Academic Calendar For 2016/17 Session. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by empiregalaxy(m): 12:47am On Feb 23, 2017
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY OWERRI, OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR

OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE RECENT DEMONSTRATION ON FUTO CAMPUS

The Management of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) wishes to make the following statement concerning the violent demonstration and wanton destruction of University property which occurred on Friday, February 17, 2017.

1) The University, like all Federal Universities in the country, does not charge tuition fees for undergraduate students. Only fees for municipal and other services are charged.

2) There was no increase in the service fees payable, except for seven thousand naira (N7,000.00) only upwards adjustment in the ICT fee for ongoing upgrade, which was done after mutual understanding between the University Management and the Students Union Government (SUG).

3) There is no approved fee for course registration and any staff found involved in collection of money for course registration will be liable for collection of illegal fees and will face appropriate disciplinary measures.

4) There is general apathy among Students of the University to paying fees for services. Less than twenty percent (20%) of returning (old) Students have paid their service fees twelve (12) weeks into the 2016/2017 Harmattan Semester.

5) There is very strong indication that the demonstration was planned and executed from outside the mainstream of the Students' body and without the perpetrators employing various legitimate avenues of drawing attention of the University authority to any perceived grievance.

6) To prevent further breach of peace and breakdown of law and order, the University Senate has directed that the Students should vacate the campus and proceed on a one week break.

Signed ;
J. U Nnabuihe
REGISTRAR

Announcer ;
Comr. Rotr. Uzoho Chuka
SUG P.R.O
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by veekid(m): 7:05am On Feb 23, 2017

good news; I think
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 23, 2017
We have heard
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by simplemach(m): 7:06am On Feb 23, 2017
1) The University, like all Federal Universities in the country, does not charge tuition fees for undergraduate students. Only fees for municipal and other services are charged.

Nonsense!!! And yet we pay as much as 60 to 80K in the so called federal institutions. The thunder wen go fire una still dey inside OVEN dey warm up.

9 Likes

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by ennysuccess(m): 7:06am On Feb 23, 2017
cheesy
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by JuanJO(m): 7:08am On Feb 23, 2017
If Itz some schools, they will ask u to pay for the destruction fee... grin grin grin
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by Dandsome: 7:09am On Feb 23, 2017
Huh... So the school want to claim they've never heard of course registration fee?? See lie abeg

8 Likes

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by lopjohnny(m): 7:10am On Feb 23, 2017
for the Futorians behave yourselves this time around o,,,,

Remember Buhari is not around.
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by LastSurvivor11: 7:10am On Feb 23, 2017
Stand and fight for ur right or u still get cowed as usual..

A good protest wakes everybody up..

4 Likes

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by annnikky(f): 7:11am On Feb 23, 2017
Buh d students will still pay for d damage n thats for sure so they should go home n get prepared undecided

1 Like

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by BCISLTD: 7:12am On Feb 23, 2017
sad wait the riot was because of 7000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gid5B_07-z4

Sanyeri vs PMB
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by AkuGenny(f): 7:13am On Feb 23, 2017
lopjohnny:
for the Futorians behave yourselves this time around o,,,,

Remember Buhari not around.

Hehe..... It's futoites not futorians

5 Likes

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by 0rlando0woh: 7:15am On Feb 23, 2017
annnikky:
Buh d students will still pay for d damage n thats for sure so they should go home n get prepared undecided
unless the school management wants more destruction.

2 Likes

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 23, 2017
bunch of mudafuckas..

that registrar must be the twin brother of LAI MUHAMMED. angry

4 Likes

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by seriousstudies: 7:17am On Feb 23, 2017
Dandsome:
Huh... So the school want to claim they've never heard of course registration fee?? See lie abeg
They are bunch of liars, the students pay for course registration fees 3-4 thousand naira per course, that's day light robbery and they claimed they are not aware.

6 Likes

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by annnikky(f): 7:23am On Feb 23, 2017
0rlando0woh:
unless the school management wants more destruction.
Buh u know they'll pay for d damage oneway or d other
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by Dandsome: 7:24am On Feb 23, 2017
seriousstudies:

They are bunch of liars, the students pay for course registration fees 3-4 thousand naira per course, that's day light robbery and they claimed they are not aware.

The students should upload their receipts as proofs to the Internet. That time truth go comot

2 Likes

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by ebuka10box(m): 7:31am On Feb 23, 2017
I know everyone has got his or her rights but protest to me doesn't solve anything. person go die, school go remain.... if u value education, u would know that education is expensive
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by babyfaceafrica: 7:36am On Feb 23, 2017
Students will still pay for damages
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by gabzyworld(m): 7:38am On Feb 23, 2017
this Kind Futo me I tire prof eze is a thief what about the 10k late payment of fees which have never been so the increment of course registration inco so all this money u guys are just exhorting us Tell which Federal institution pays upto 45k for only acceptance fee school fee not included abi na because that mbiase man prof asiabaka increase acceptance from 20k to 45k no riot you want to increase everything even toilet fee no wifi no stable power supply water another palava keep watching we won't only carry laptops from ICT this time It's that senate building not just it ur office may God might bless us we might stumble on one and two of your saves #Nonsense greatest Futoites!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by 0rlando0woh: 8:01am On Feb 23, 2017
annnikky:

Buh u know they'll pay for d damage oneway or d other
No
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by effty(m): 8:01am On Feb 23, 2017
gabzyworld:
this Kind Futo me I tire
prof eze is a thief what about the 10k late payment of fees
which have never been so
the increment of course registration inco
so all this money u guys are just exhorting us
Tell which Federal institution pays upto 45k
for only acceptance fee school fee not included
abi na because that mbiase man prof asiabaka
increase acceptance from 20k to 45k no riot you
want to increase everything
even toilet fee
no wifi
no stable power supply
water another palava
keep watching
we won't only carry laptops from ICT this time
It's that senate building
not just it ur office may God might bless
us we might stumble on one and two of your saves
#Nonsense
greatest Futoites!!!
Reading through your post, I can only marvel at your written gibberish nonsense. A University student indeed!

3 Likes

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:02am On Feb 23, 2017
gabzyworld:
this Kind Futo me I tire
prof eze is a thief what about the 10k late payment of fees
which have never been so
the increment of course registration inco
so all this money u guys are just exhorting us
Tell which Federal institution pays upto 45k
for only acceptance fee school fee not included
abi na because that mbiase man prof asiabaka
increase acceptance from 20k to 45k no riot you
want to increase everything
even toilet fee
no wifi
no stable power supply
water another palava
keep watching
we won't only carry laptops from ICT this time
It's that senate building
not just it ur office may God might bless
us we might stumble on one and two of your saves
#Nonsense
greatest Futoites!!!
I tried reading your comment and until now my eye dey do me somehow.
No punctuations.

1 Like

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by Legaycey: 8:06am On Feb 23, 2017
why e be say na all FUT dey get problem FUT Minna FUT Owerri FUT Akure just passing by jare
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by annnikky(f): 8:10am On Feb 23, 2017
0rlando0woh:

No
Alryt... Lets c wat happens smiley
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by Candyrain(m): 8:13am On Feb 23, 2017
Now this is some lie.

Students should upload the breakdown of what they are paying as school fees.

No tuition? Wow I marvel undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by mavister(m): 8:17am On Feb 23, 2017
effty:
Reading through your post, I can only marvel at your written gibberish nonsense. A University student indeed!

Guess he was eating raw yams while typing
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by Ebiezprada(m): 8:19am On Feb 23, 2017
JuanJO:
If Itz some schools, they will ask u to pay for the destruction fee... grin grin grin
We will be asked to pay.......just a matter of time
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by NarnieSnyper(m): 8:23am On Feb 23, 2017
I hope this is true sha. Nobody go delay my graduation (amen).
Thank God sey I never travel yet
Re: Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday by NarnieSnyper(m): 8:25am On Feb 23, 2017
AkuGenny:

Hehe..... It's futoites not futorians

You are a Futoite as well?

(1) (2) (Reply)

LAUTECH: We 'll Not Let Go Our Joint Property - Osun Assembly / Where Can A Statistics Graduate Bsc Work In Nigeria / Osun State College Of Health Technology Ilesa, Form Is Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.