Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) (47934 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / Diamond Bank ICT Center Donated To Covenant University (Photos) / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:
cc: TheVictorious

Those of you boosting OP's morale by demanding for "proofs" to prove superiority, I suggest you don't waste your precious time embarrassing yourselves. The websites of these public schools eg UI, UNN, OAU, etc are there to answer your "demands". The facts are there, they are not hidden.

Learn to tell yourselves the truth and stop masturbπting over nothing. That said, I leave you in peace (or pieces) whichever one you choose.

A word is enough....
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
davereal:
Wow! This is absolutely the best factual article I have read so far in the argument between Private and Public universities in Nigeria. Sometimes I feel like is a shame for First and Second generational universities like UI, OAU, UNIBEN, UNILORIN etc to be fighting with barely 15years old private universities for excellence.
As a product of both public and private institutions, i can authoritatively say that everything boils down to the students. If you wanna do great, whether UI or CU you can do it.
Be that as it may, we cannot rule out the importance of Quality Lecturers and Conducive Learning Environment to a student's academic performance.

God bless both Public and Private Nigerian Universities!
God bless Nigeria!

You have good points. What a sensible reply!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
Draxler:
As much as I appreciate this thread, the truth is haters will keep hating. I've been through both the public and private university systems, CU and Unilag. Let them keep insulting and hating us. Facts don't care about your feelings and OP has stated the facts. These people insulting CU will keep quiet very soon.

At the bolded; wise word!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by seanwilliam(m): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
This guy has said nothing but the truth..anybody that counters this is nothing but a certified bigot...i'm a die-hard fans of public universities-especially Federal schools-UNILAG in particular, j have never for once been convinced or persuaded by any post or any comment on nairaland before but, this one has to the core changed my perspective and believe towards Nigerian Universities...though there're some facts that are n't concrete in his posts but the authentic and perpetual facts he posted give me a RE-THINK... I've today learnt that if you've got a verified facts you can change the minds and notions of some uninformed..though when it comes to alumni comparation, no university, i repeat no university can counter thess five premier and prestigious federal universities-UNILAG,UI,OAU,UNN AND ABU. But all othersfacts up there are comfirmed, obtainable, incomaprable and undisputable.. The victoriousguy i say thanks for shedding light to the darkness and englighting us on how this is done... #TeamUNILAG-Akokitetobe...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Tiffany1(f): 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:

I am fully aware of events and global contributions of most Nigerian universities and I understand that they have potentials for greatness but the fg is holding them back. Hence, the time is over for the likes of OAU to determine what Nigerian education looks like. We would bring a new meaning to quality education and we are committed to being one of the best in the world. In the next few years you won't be able to compare CU with any FG uni because we are going for the top.
It Seems CU Is About To Overthrone Unilorin And OAU On The Aspect "Noise Making"

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by ilynem(m): 9:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
micxwell:

Government but alas, Nigeria isn't sane. Lol that's where we find ourselves
So give credit to the individual who funds His school properly and for the fact CU is even mentioned in the same sentence as UI and OAU, they deserve all the praise they are getting.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

Lol, you dey vex but you no fit answer the strong questions wey I raise for academic standard!

@ Statsocial; I mistakenly quoted you on this. Sorry!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Outofsync:

undecided
Which public university did your sister go too

Olabisi Onabanjo University
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

@ Statsocial; I mistakenly quoted you on this. Sorry!
Yes I know
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
Tiffany1:
It Seems CU Is About To Overthrone Unilorin And OAU On The Aspect "Noise Making"
Lol lailai that's one title we are not interested in. Today was just different.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Draxler: 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:

We are praying, hoping and waiting for your world domination.
We both know you're lying. The sarcasm in your comment proves that. Despite the fact that what I said was very harmless. You're a hater, plain and simple.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Draxler: 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:

When you are ready to 'ball' you let us know. Stop embarassing your CU with your presentation of "facts"
Virtually all your comments on this thread have been filled with insults. Its so obvious that you hate the institution with passion so you're here insulting everyone that likes the school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Tiffany1(f): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol lailai that's one title we are not interested in. Today was just different.
Na So The Tin Dey Take Start! You Said And I Quote; In Few Years Time, You Won't Be Able To Compare CU With Any Fg Uni. Is That Not Bragging CU Has The Fund. That The Leverage CU Have Over Feg Uni
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Duru009(m): 9:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

80% bros cool down know. Okay I don't doubt you and I don't believe you either. Any proof?

The bolded does not mean anything in relationship to our discussion. sorry.

My brother forget those gigantic structures of private universities. Thy use it to deceive the public.
I have insiders there......
Three of my consins wre already in 400L and 300L in Landmark after wasting huge amounts of money but later discover that the courses thy wre doing had NOT been accredited by NUC.

Most of these private university has gigantic structures with beautiful environment but has nothing to offer...
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Outofsync(m): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:
Olabisi Onabanjo University
Oh It's believeable grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Duru009(m): 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

80% bros cool down know. Okay I don't doubt you and I don't believe you either. Any proof?

The bolded does not mean anything in relationship to our discussion. sorry.

Federal universities are the best even most state university are equally very good......

Most of all these private university is the "the more you look the less you see"........

I know of many people that want to private university but federal university students are far more better n equipped than private university interms of research n knowledge.. ....

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Tiffany1:
Na So The Tin Dey Take Start! You Said And I Quote; In Few Years Time, You Won't Be Able To Compare CU With Any Fg Uni. Is That Not Bragging CU Has The Fund. That The Leverage CU Have Over Feg Uni
My intention was never to brag, if it came across to you that way then please accept my apologies.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
Duru009:

My brother forget those gigantic structures of private universities. Thy use it to deceive the public.
I have insiders there......
Three of my consins wre already in 400L and 300L in Landmark after wasting huge amounts of money but later discover that the courses thy wre doing had NOT been accredited by NUC.

Most of these private university has gigantic structures with beautiful environment but has nothing to offer...
There is not ONE single landmark university course that is unaccredited. Where are u getting all these from?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
Outofsync:
Oh It's believeable grin
The university is better now, in comparismto when she graduated.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by H2Ossss(m): 10:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

In conclusion: Samguine once made a post titled "OAU: 10 Reasons It Is The Best Nigerian University (https://www.nairaland.com/3606552/oau-10-reasons-it-best)". Such a post can't be any more comical, since majority of the points were based on assumptions instead of verifiable facts. This explains and answers the question you may now ask: "why I have to use such amount of words/pics to drive home my point".

I strongly believe that claims relating to performance of higher institutions should be strictly based on verifiable facts - which the links and pictures provided will go a long way to buttress.

Your president went to no university yet he is ur v.c's president... I personally feel all Nigerian universities are below par, success lies on the individual and not school.. Lots of successful people from both sets of schools, lots of failures as well.... Where I work I got lots of CU peeps... Yea they sound... But thing is we all sound.. Stop the comparisons and focus on yourself... Going to CU does not guarantee you success..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Shygirl1989(f): 11:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

If only you can just see how intellectually deficient those points are

Specifically the kind of people I intended to expose with my thread. "Given to sentiments but blind to facts"

Points driven home!
like the nonsense you wrote to exhibit your so -called intellectual prowress.
if you actually knew what you were talking about you wouldnt have responded.
i work in a multinational,and we throw off any private university off our employment list.
and we are the biggest in our line of bussines.
it gives me real joy doing that.
grow up and stop talking gibberish.

listen to the real proffessionals and not some trumped up information you got from google,put there by like minded peeps like you.

p.s...don't ask for the company i work for,not in your league.....
cool cool cool..

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Shygirl1989(f): 11:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol don't walk out yet. Wait for your reply. If you are talking about employability pls go argue with the Nigerian Corporate world or employers but I can assure you that Private unis are far more employable. Now you can walk out of the thread wink
Anyway I like you sha
like you too cool cool cool kiss kiss,but let me bust your bubble,the only way a serious money making establishment takes private university graduands is that they have masters from good schools especially from foregin.i work for a multinational as a HR person,so i know. if you go to federal universities,many of them are there doing their masters,personaly i know a lot in UNILAG and UI doing their masters,if they were all that,why not go back to your alma mater.
personal developement is key,regardless of the school you left from, the article from the op,was the most childish thing i've seen.
like i said,if something is good,you dont need to brag,
"by their fruits,you shall know them"

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by valeroso: 12:25am On Feb 24, 2017
TheVictorious:

Then that is your experience and your opinion and may not be a good representation of that of the university community. So who between the both of us is narrow minded?

You still.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by micxwell(m): 5:57am On Feb 24, 2017
ilynem:

So give credit to the individual who funds His school properly and for the fact CU is even mentioned in the same sentence as UI and OAU, they deserve all the praise they are getting.
Who funds his school ke? Baba no be school fees una dey pay? In millions... It's not free na. So no stress CU is trying
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by arena07: 7:08am On Feb 24, 2017
Shygirl1989:

like the nonsense you wrote to exhibit your so -called intellectual prowress.
if you actually knew what you were talking about you wouldnt have responded.
i work in a multinational,and we throw off any private university off our employment list.
and we are the biggest in our line of bussines.
it gives me real joy doing that.
grow up and stop talking gibberish.

listen to the real proffessionals and not some trumped up information you got from google,put there by like minded peeps like you.

p.s...don't ask for the company i work for,not in your league.....
cool cool cool..
If you are not lying mention the name of the company hahahahahaha my cousin who work at ExxonMobil is a CU graduate he is at eket presently as I speak.......
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by mathology5431(m): 8:21am On Feb 24, 2017
Its too pathetic and apathetic when young brilliant minds don't even understand the concept of scholarship......Comparing CU with UI or OAU is quite ridiculous, its more like comparing a boy of 18 with that of 60yrs of age, when UI started as young as CU now they achieved more than CU, Posterity should judge if CU can survive their infant glory for long like these Great schools even after 60yrs still sustaining
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by ilynem(m): 8:22am On Feb 24, 2017
micxwell:

Who funds his school ke? Baba no be school fees una dey pay? In millions... It's not free na. So no stress CU is trying
Never attended CU. Finished from a federal university. But CU is becoming the standard, we have to admit.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AustinDBeloved(m): 8:37am On Feb 24, 2017
I am currently a student of OAU and I can frankly tell you that those of our lecturers who go to your dear private universities as visiting lecturers do come back to mock their childish and unintellectual nature. Truth being told, it is not easy here when it comes to the issue of competing for almost everything. But the undisputable fact is that a brilliant student would always be, whether in a conducive or non-conducive environment. And the fact that these well- reputed federal universities attract mostly the best folks from sec schools should signal something very interesting to u.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by jtwest(m): 9:39am On Feb 24, 2017
TheVictorious:

You actually don't have any sensible point to make. Then why commenting

1. the post itself is not sensible, no basis for comparison between U.I, OAU and covenant university. the fact that the school Is named covenant sef.

2. why take life so seriously and get worked up over issues like this? It's not even the list of our 10 challenges in Nigeria.

3. whether oau, unical, covenant o or any school, where is the jobs waiting to absorb u in afterwards?

so sir! ssshhhhhhh

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by jtwest(m): 9:40am On Feb 24, 2017
mathology5431:
Its too pathetic and apathetic when young brilliant minds don't even understand the concept of scholarship......Comparing CU with UI or OAU is quite ridiculous, its more like comparing a boy of 18 with that of 60yrs of age, when UI started as young as CU now they achieved more than CU, Posterity should judge if CU can survive their infant glory for long like these Great schools even after 60yrs still sustaining
you spoke my mind sir.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Duru009(m): 9:52am On Feb 24, 2017
Statsocial:

There is not ONE single landmark university course that is unaccredited. Where are u getting all these from?

It means that you are not adequately informed... .

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AustinDBeloved(m): 10:47am On Feb 24, 2017
Cu is indisputably a good school but comparing it with oau and ui is arantly fallacious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria / UNILAG Student Shot In The Head On Campus / Unizik Postgraduate Result Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.