Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) (47939 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / Diamond Bank ICT Center Donated To Covenant University (Photos) / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by xynerise: 8:03am On Feb 23, 2017
Mtchew!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by ednut1(m): 8:04am On Feb 23, 2017
yet the convenant and babcock guys dey out perform most public unis in d labour market

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Hassan080196(m): 8:06am On Feb 23, 2017
ednut1:
yet the convenant and babcock guys dey out perform most public unis in d labour market

In your dad's company huh?

13 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 8:07am On Feb 23, 2017
Come rain, come shine, CU can never be better than UI, OAU, UNN, UNILAG and ABU, (and even UNIBEN, UNICAL). Yes, CU has a more favorable learning environment, i sincerely agree, but the output and quality of both its research and alumni does not match that of the federal schools mentioned.

While checking the research of CU, you should have checked that of the other universities (e.g UI for instance) to compare their research quality and output.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Elnino4ladies: 8:08am On Feb 23, 2017
Glorified secondary school

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 23, 2017
Nonsense
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Opakan2: 8:09am On Feb 23, 2017
All these glorified secondary school pupils sha.. They won't cease to amaze me

yorubas will say.. ko si bi omode shey fe lakisa to, ko le ni bi agba
Public schools have lots of courses to choose from and Faculties while C.U doesn't have up to quarter and can't even match their products in any way

It's not by School Uniform, looking coperate and sitting in big halls.. it's your ability to multitask and get things done

No be una fault sha.. na Government and corruption killing off our ivory towers

19 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by ademasta(m): 8:09am On Feb 23, 2017
Ok
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by PassingShot(m): 8:10am On Feb 23, 2017
There is a lot of sense in the OP.

I used to treat graduates of private universities as "rejects" from top federal universities, but that has changed since about five years ago.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by donnie(m): 8:12am On Feb 23, 2017
Nice article. The school is born of God.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by jtwest(m): 8:14am On Feb 23, 2017
@ op u av done well, but this is a case of a boy arguing with his father that he has a bigger manhood in the market place, it will be an insult for the father to argue with him and justify his naivety, so in lieu of this; we will watch you and laugh, the write up is cute. You can go and play now!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Opakan2: 8:14am On Feb 23, 2017
PassingShot:
There is a lot of sense in the OP.

I used to treat graduates of private universities as "rejects" from top federal universities, but that has changed since about five years ago.

Most are actually rejects.. They end up in private unis where they spoon-feed them and sell certificates to them

Honestly, you should relate with them more, most still think and behave like kids (not healthy for a society)

7 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by khalhokage(m): 8:15am On Feb 23, 2017
Stupid post, considering the fact that covenant university students pay millions more on tuition than public university students, I expect the school to be better.

Useless comparisons on this forum.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Onnasucs1(m): 8:15am On Feb 23, 2017
cool
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 23, 2017
Lalasticlala Myndd44

TheVictorious I am proud of you jare. Pls tell this OAU ppl and UI ppl that we are no match

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Damfostopper(m): 8:18am On Feb 23, 2017
so the questionnaire u printed and Mark by urself tells you that .....

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 23, 2017
LarryBeryl:
After all, you found out its not easy to have a first class in a federal university, why? Is it because their students are dumb or they not well taught or the criteria for excellence is high? . I don't know where you got your stats from but as at 2016 UI led in research.
Even if CU produces 1million first class tomorrow, that's the work of the money they paid and CU criteria for exellence might be low compared to federal universities.
Where is your prove?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by patani(m): 8:19am On Feb 23, 2017
You guys better grow up.. no one knows university u graduated from on you way up the corporate ladder

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by hucienda: 8:19am On Feb 23, 2017
This was a really thorough, fact driven analysis by the OP.

In my pov, Covenant University is no doubt a good tertiary institution based on my interactions with some of her alumni.

They should keep up the good job.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:19am On Feb 23, 2017
blacbard:
Your facts are true but your assertions are false
1. Google scholar is just one of the online repositories. No one worth is salt will base his all encompassing ranking on that. Anyone (any fool) can put stuff up on google scholar. Journal publications are the real ish
2. A huge chunk of your faculties are from these public universities.
3. You spoke of Alumni and said after Wole Soyinka, there isn't any other popular alumni from these public schools i.e UI and OAU, that is very laughable, before you make such statement you need to back it up. The guy who runs jobberman is from CU right? Or the guy who runs Kangpe ?. Nigeria's tech space is dominated by guys from these public schools. Your school is advertising so they will put up even names that dont count. (I haven't heard of most of the guys you mentioned as your esteemed alumni) that part was poor from you, do better.
4. Spirituality ? They force you all to worship in church, have you been to OAU or UI in thr evenings to see fellowship services?
5. Environment: you obviously have better and well equipped classes than the other 2 universities
6. One thing you didn't mention is overall experience. CU cant match any of those two in that
7. Quality of graduates : to confirm this, we will need to look at other areas apart from the presidential exam you mentioned to judge and make a far reaching decision.

Like i said you put out facts, but like Trump you tried to use weak statistics and some lies to buffer your predetermined assertions.

You can't sell a product more than it is actually worth, some of his will see through it

1. Endeavor to read carefully. I did mention Elsavier Scopus and Research Gate
2. TRUE before they moved to an institution that has better facilities and working environment for their academic work and pursuit
3. Read again; I didn't say that. I used a hyperbolic expression
4. They make you like to. It is called influence. Majority of new students find it disturbing anyway. No I haven't you'll do well to tell about them.
5.Sure
6. Kindly explain what you mean by overall experience and how it affect substantial indicators university ratings
7. I will appreciate if you provide more areas that are verifiable. The PRESSID has 3 editions making the assertions I made statistically correct until you can prove beyond reasonable doubt that if that PRESSID event or a similar one to it holds again OAU and UI will beat CU.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 23, 2017
Opakan2:

Most are actually rejects.. They end up in private unis where they spoon-feed them and sell certificates to them

Honestly, you should relate with them more, most still think and behave like kids (not healthy for a society)
And u are not thinking like a child? If you r talking about CU don't even talk about rejects of Public unis. For most folks who studied in CU and Babcock if those schools didn't exist they would have schooled in far better unis in US or Uk.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 23, 2017
All I know is that when PRESSID was still ongoing we continually whipped OAU and the so called UI

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by soath(m): 8:23am On Feb 23, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Glorified secondary school
E pain am!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by LagosismyHome(f): 8:24am On Feb 23, 2017
Lol...CU better than UI , Ife ....in what land reality or dreamland
In reality CU is a glorified secondary school who charges high tuition hence can afford some element of what a growing or up and coming university should be ...

7 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Opakan2: 8:25am On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:

And u are not thinking like a child. If you r talking about CU don't even talk about rejects of Public unis. For most folks who studied in CU and Babcock if those schools didn't exist they would have schooled in far better unis in US or Uk.

Yeah.. right

Those making the church members lament. They can attend C.U but still won't change it from what it is 'a glorified secondary school'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by soath(m): 8:25am On Feb 23, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Where is your prove?
Proof!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Handsomecole(m): 8:26am On Feb 23, 2017
@ OP I didn't bother reading your all your epistle . I only have one question for you.

How much is your school fees as compared to how much your federal University counterparts pay??

The answer will put to rest all these you have put up, you don't have to struggle or kill yourself with researching just to proove that your school is better than OAU and other Universities.

With all you have written even your "headmaster" am sorry I mean VC knows that your lesson or university as you call it can never stand OAU Great IFE in anything I mean anything. Even as it stand we have "whites" flocking down to OAU as students and even as lecturers. So don't kill yasef. What is Great is already Great!!

15 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:
Come rain, come shine, CU can never be better than UI, OAU, UNN, UNILAG and ABU, (and even UNIBEN, UNICAL). Yes, CU has a more favorable learning environment, i sincerely agree, but the output and quality of both its research and alumni does not match that of the federal schools mentioned.

While checking the research of CU, you should have checked that of the other universities (e.g UI for instance) to compare their research quality and output.

Lol we are now competing with Witwatersrand and Stellenbosch you are still talking about ui and oau.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Jeromejnr(m): 8:28am On Feb 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:
Lol...CU better than UI , Ife ....in what land reality or dreamland
In reality CU is a glorified secondary school who charges high tuition hence can afford some element of what a growing or up and coming university should be ...

What is ur point
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 23, 2017
Those inventions you talk about are already in existence. You definitely dont know what "invent " means

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by LarryBeryl(m): 8:28am On Feb 23, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Where is your prove?

I can't be dumb enough to sight fallacy without addressing it immediately, you must have undergone a lot if stress to cook up your story. Are those lecturers in CU from Harvard? I bet majority are from those Federal Universities you condemn. Oh, that may indicate that those lecturers are not worthy to lecture in CU. Just calm down, CU will keep employing graduates of Federal Universities to lecture their students even tho they produce 100billion first class in a year.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria / UNILAG Student Shot In The Head On Campus / Unizik Postgraduate Result Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.