Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) (47937 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / Diamond Bank ICT Center Donated To Covenant University (Photos) / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Jeromejnr(m): 8:29am On Feb 23, 2017
Handsomecole:
@ OP I didn't bother reading your all your epistle . I only have one question for you.

How much is your school fees as compared to how much your federal University counterparts pay.

The answer will put to rest all these you have put up, you don't have to struggle or kill yourself with researching just to proove that your school is better than OAU and other Universities.

With all you have written even your "headmaster" am sorry I mean VC knows that your lesson or university as you call it can never stand OAU Great IFE in anything I mean anything. So don't kill yasef. What is Great is already Great!!

Where is your proof oga?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:29am On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:
Lalasticlala Myndd44

TheVictorious I am proud of you jare. Pls tell this OAU ppl and UI ppl that we are no match

Thanks Man!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by MarshRiley(m): 8:30am On Feb 23, 2017
CU is a school I respect and I don't pray to send my kids to any federal university when there are better schools out there.
The OP came up with facts and proofs and my brothers in federal university( I finished from one too) are just here bashing him.
undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

6. YOUNG VIBRANT ALUMNI BODY

Of every university in Nigeria, CU has the youngest alumni body and yet vibrant. CU graduates are achievers everywhere they are found.

Ayokunle Oyeniran. INVENTOR http://ynaija.com/covenant-university-graduate-invents-neapless-iron/

Olumuyiwa Oludayo. FORMER REGISTRAR https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/oludayo-breaks-rank-becomes-registrar-at-32/

Ishaya Bako. FILM DIRECTOR AND SCREEN WRITER http://venturesafrica.com/interview-with-ishaya-bako-amaa-film-award-winner/

Emma Oh My God. STAND UP COMMEDIAN http://www.evatese.com/2012/08/25/exclusive-chat-with-emma-oh-ma-god/

Kunle Jinadu. TECH ENTREPRENEUR http://www.future-inspired.com/posts/kunle-jinadu-founder-of-ashoebi-dot-com-the-online-store-for-major-african-themed-clothing-and-accessories

Emmanuel Bezhiwa Idakula. BEZ MUSICIAN http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-22561708

Oluwaseun Ashipa. PILOT http://aviation-business-gazette.com/A51/B71/Pilot-Oluwaseun-Ashipa-Lagos-.html

And much more.

Ask of the notable alumni of UI and OAU to make your comparison; you’ll hear of Professor Wole Soyinka and other notable names that have been since when Nigeria was struggling for independence. What happened to the tens of thousands of graduates that these schools have been churning out since the past 10 years?
You didn't even include Simi sef
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:31am On Feb 23, 2017
littlewonders:
Coming back with a counter thread

Waiting patiently to accept a counter argument that is based on verifiable claims!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by sirfemoz(m): 8:32am On Feb 23, 2017
No doubt private universities may be good in academics, but when it comes to sense, their students actually reason like kids. Have a lot of them in my office, very proud in saying that their 4years in school cost 6 to 7 million naira.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Handsomecole(m): 8:32am On Feb 23, 2017
Google it. C U or whatever you call it is not worth my a drop of my sweat! The entire school is just a faculty in OAU.
Jeromejnr:

Where is your proof oga?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Jeromejnr(m): 8:33am On Feb 23, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:
Those inventions you talk about are already in existence. You definitely dont know what "invent " means

If what dey "Modified" (allow me use dat word) was already in existence, why where they given patents?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:33am On Feb 23, 2017
DrayZee:
Well, they obviously have a better research facilities...And a much better learning environment.

But you will still see some people that will come here to say their school is better because it "challenges then" and gives them "a taste of life".
And their definition of that is having a class containing 10 times the planned capacity, having to sort out lecturers, having others write their exams for them, and being pestered endlessly by cult groups.
Then you'll be seeing legions of educated illiterates everywhere trying to run down something because they were not privileged to have it.

You rightly predicted. I've started seeing them

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Bimpe29: 8:34am On Feb 23, 2017
Nice one, let CU maintain the standard and improve on that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 23, 2017
Jeromejnr:

If what dey "Modified" (allow me use dat word) was already in existence, why where they given patents?
Then call it what it is...a modification on an existing product
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by walex2(m): 8:34am On Feb 23, 2017
Good job but let me enlight you a bit.
Do you know that 80 percent of CU professors and academicians are from federal universities.

2 Do you know that the regulatory bodies like NUC top professors are from public uni?

3 Do you know that CU overall best graduated student can't not match some 2.2 student in OAU and UI

4 Do you know that most courses in Private universities were not accredited by NUC

5 Do you know some professional bodies in Nigeria like ICAN does not accept exceptions from most Accounting graduate from private Universities.
Lastly do you know that most graduate from private uni can't match there colleagues from fed uni in labour market

6 Do you also know that 85 percent of students from private uni do graduate with 2.1 whether they are academically sufficient or not, as 2.2 is considered to be a failure.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Jeromejnr(m): 8:34am On Feb 23, 2017
Handsomecole:
Google it. C U or whatever you call it is not worth my a drop of my sweat! The entire school is just a faculty in OAU.

There is still no proof.

You are busy looking at size why the OP is talking of acheivements.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 23, 2017
With all these funny write-ups, naira still exchange at 520 to Dollar. What has your bragging brought to the table abi is it being exchanged at 24 naira to a dollar at CU ni?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:37am On Feb 23, 2017
LarryBeryl:
After all, you found out its not easy to have a first class in a federal university, why? Is it because their students are dumb or they not well taught or the criteria for excellence is high? . I don't know where you got your stats from but as at 2016 UI led in research.
Even if CU produces 1million first class tomorrow, that's the work of the money they paid and CU criteria for exellence might be low compared to federal universities.

Any proof to back this claim or lest I question you further on this; are you a UI student?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Jeromejnr(m): 8:37am On Feb 23, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Then call it what it is...a modification on an existing product

Nothing is being invented in d world again..all that is happening is modification.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by ITbomb(m): 8:38am On Feb 23, 2017
The only thing I can say here is that most of OAU etc research are off the Internet so just because you have better ICT infrastructure, you come today and start uploading 10 research every day to overtake varsity which has been doing research before you were born is not a good base for argument

Whenever an argument ends with Google it, it now depends on who put more information online, not basically who has more information

13 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 23, 2017
True CU has quality research presence in the Nigerian academic ecosystem. BUT lets look at it broadly.
1) Almost all CU researchers/lecturers were poached from Federal and State Universities.
2) It is safe to argue that this lectu started their research work years before they started working at CU, I.e when they were still working in those Government owned Uni's (especially those who own patents).
so its like saying I started my work at Uniben but left and finished it up in CU. Now CU takes the glory for the Research, and all praises go to CU.
3). OP kept mentioning the number of READs, your number of reads isn't actually relevant, its your number of citation that matter. Even if I mistakenly download one paper I later found useless, it would still be counted as a READ.
No doubt CU provides a good environment for the lecturers to thrive something our government can't provide (and that is why ASUU strike persists).
I actually have other criticism, so watch this space (no time it type it all).

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Handsomecole(m): 8:41am On Feb 23, 2017
Yes! I decided to talk about size any problem with that??
Jeromejnr:

There is still no proof.

You are busy looking at size why the OP is talking of acheivements.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by dman4mdmoon(m): 8:41am On Feb 23, 2017
There is no basis for this comparison. You don't expect to get less value for paying so much (cut throat fees). CU charges millions! Therefore, they should give value for the money parents pay.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 23, 2017
Jeromejnr:

Nothing is being invented in d world again..all that is happening is modification.
In fact I was wrong those thing he put up are not even modifications. They are replications of existing products
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by vicfajeze: 8:42am On Feb 23, 2017
What a Citadel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:43am On Feb 23, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Very cheap defense...I won't stoop so low yo even argue with you..comparing UI and OAU to CU...what an insult!

The Bolded: Argumentum ad Hominem

THEN WHY DID YOU COMMENT

Your judgement isn't intellectually sound!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AZeD1(m): 8:43am On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

6. YOUNG VIBRANT ALUMNI BODY

Of every university in Nigeria, CU has the youngest alumni body and yet vibrant. CU graduates are achievers everywhere they are found.

Ayokunle Oyeniran. INVENTOR http://ynaija.com/covenant-university-graduate-invents-neapless-iron/

Olumuyiwa Oludayo. FORMER REGISTRAR https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/oludayo-breaks-rank-becomes-registrar-at-32/

Ishaya Bako. FILM DIRECTOR AND SCREEN WRITER http://venturesafrica.com/interview-with-ishaya-bako-amaa-film-award-winner/

Emma Oh My God. STAND UP COMMEDIAN http://www.evatese.com/2012/08/25/exclusive-chat-with-emma-oh-ma-god/

Kunle Jinadu. TECH ENTREPRENEUR http://www.future-inspired.com/posts/kunle-jinadu-founder-of-ashoebi-dot-com-the-online-store-for-major-african-themed-clothing-and-accessories

Emmanuel Bezhiwa Idakula. BEZ MUSICIAN http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-22561708

Oluwaseun Ashipa. PILOT http://aviation-business-gazette.com/A51/B71/Pilot-Oluwaseun-Ashipa-Lagos-.html

And much more.

Ask of the notable alumni of UI and OAU to make your comparison; you’ll hear of Professor Wole Soyinka and other notable names that have been since when Nigeria was struggling for independence. What happened to the tens of thousands of graduates that these schools have been churning out since the past 10 years?
Though i find your topic petty, this post up here proves the point of people who say public Uni's are better than private Uni's.

Coventry University is 12 years, its Alumni would definitely be younger than that of older universities. That you consider this a point shows the level of your intelligence.

As for the notable alumni's, can you tell me one university that doesn't have any notable alumni?
PS: You should also define what notable means to you, because i'm pretty sure no one outside of CU knows any of the guys listed here.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by teemy(m): 8:44am On Feb 23, 2017
the part that got to me most is these schools admit the best of the best yearly only to have a small percentage maintain that excellence. big question: did the school system de-excellence them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 23, 2017
LarryBeryl:
After all, you found out its not easy to have a first class in a federal university, why? Is it because their students are dumb or they not well taught or the criteria for excellence is high? . I don't know where you got your stats from but as at 2016 UI led in research.
Even if CU produces 1million first class tomorrow, that's the work of the money they paid and CU criteria for exellence might be low compared to federal universities.

I can't be dumb enough to sight fallacy without addressing it immediately, you must have undergone a lot of stress to cook up your story. Are those lecturers in CU from Harvard? I bet majority are from those Federal Universities you condemn. Oh, that may indicate that those lecturers are not worthy to lecture in CU. Just calm down, CU will keep employing graduates of Federal Universities to lecture their students even tho they produce 100billion first class in a year.
Lol my supervisor bck in CU was from Vancouver university yet he was a Nigerian and btw we have so many lecturers like that who studied outside but came back to lecture in CU

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by eph12(m): 8:45am On Feb 23, 2017
LarryBeryl:

I can't be dumb enough to sight fallacy without addressing it immediately, you must have undergone a lot of stress to cook up your story. Are those lecturers in CU from Harvard? I bet majority are from those Federal Universities you condemn. Oh, that may indicate that those lecturers are not worthy to lecture in CU. Just calm down, CU will keep employing graduates of Federal Universities to lecture their students even tho they produce 100billion first class in a year.
I think this argument is about the system and not the students. That lecturers or school takes pride in seeing students fail and suffer baffles me a lot. What kind of system is that and wtf are they trying to achieve? After all we still have jobless first class and second class upper from federal universities so what's the big deal?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 8:45am On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol we are now competing with Witwatersrand and Stellenbosch you are still talking about ui and oau.

Lol....na so....and the unis you mentioned are not competing with foreign ones abi?....pls...ui and co have enjoyed high reputation and ranking before CU was conceived. They are still consolidating on those achievements to attain better accomplishments.

UI, OAU, UNN, UNILAG and ABU naterials are not your mate in academic excellence, entrepreneurship, innovation, and employability. Look for private unis to intimidate.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

9. SUMMER EXCHANGE

Summer exchange programs: A good number Covenant University students participate in Summer Exchange programs every year. Student’s visit and take courses in reputable foreign varsities. Kindly let me know when UI and OAU start engaging their students as such during summer!

http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/Summer-Exchange-Boosts-CU-s-Internationalisation-Profile-Dr.-Osibanjo#.WK2eYW8rK00

http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/CU-Lancaster-Summer-Exchange-a-Whole-New-World-of-Realities#.WK2eU28rK00

http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/Covenant-University-makes-historic-visit-to-Fayetteville-State-University-North-Carolina-USA#.WK2eem8rK00

PICTURE: A Group Animation Workshop, during the 2016 Summer Exchange, Lincoln, UK
You should add the Faith theatre that was designed by a CU student.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by eph12(m): 8:47am On Feb 23, 2017
teemy:
the part that got to me most is these schools admit the best of the best yearly only to have a small percentage maintain that excellence. big question: did the school system de-excellence them?
cc larryberyl
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by eph12(m): 8:49am On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:

Lol....na so....and the unis you mentioned are not competing with foreign ones abi?....pls...ui and co have enjoyed high reputation and ranking before CU was conceived. They are still consolidating on those achievements to attain better accomplishments.

UI, OAU, UNN, UNILAG and ABU naterials are not your mate in academic excellence, entrepreneurship, innovation, and employability. Look for private unis to intimidate.
Well the point is that these federal universities have been on a steady decline over the years. I remember my lecturer then using a note he prepared years ago to lecture us. smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Adiwana: 8:49am On Feb 23, 2017
Opakan2:

Most are actually rejects.. They end up in private unis where they spoon-feed them and sell certificates to them

Honestly, you should relate with them more, most still think and behave like kids (not healthy for a society)
Why the hate? Who cares whether they are rejects or not.You that wasn't a reject,hows your life better than theirs.After all,it's not about who started the race first,it's all about the winner.Keep on Hating cos they have a better conducive learning environment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria / UNILAG Student Shot In The Head On Campus / Unizik Postgraduate Result Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.