Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 (2207 Views)

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Judgement Day Today / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 9:55am On Feb 23, 2017
The Edo Governorship Tribunal seating in Benin continue today with the APC 2nd respondent open their defense today after INEC closes their defense on monday without calling in any witnesses.

Its promised to be a trilling moments today.

Stay tuned

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:57am On Feb 23, 2017
GOD collect that governor seat from APC hands and give to PDP... So help us GOD

6 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 10:02am On Feb 23, 2017
Obaseki's 1st witness mounts the witness box.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 10:51am On Feb 23, 2017
The First witness is Mr Jimoh Osagiede Justice a businessman who reside at no 49 Lagos street, Benin City Oredo LGA.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 10:53am On Feb 23, 2017
After all formal introduction from all parties ,it was the turn of the 2nd respondent to commence their defense.

The 1st witness to the respondent was ushered into the witness box , as his disposition can be found on page 875-877 of their response.

Their 1st witness is Mr. Jimoh Osagiede Justice, a businessman who resides at 49, Lagos Street, Benin city , Oredo LGA.

INEC Counsel-

Counsel- Was it after the election you were invited to your secretariat to write your findings

Witness- Yes.

Counsel- Your findings were used to file your disposition?

Witness - yes

COUNSEL TO THE 3RD RESPONDENT-

Counsel- It will be wrong to tell anybody that there was accreditation.

Witness - There was good manner of accreditation, court thrown into laughter.

Counsel- Do you have your party agent card?

Witness- Yes.

Counsel- We seek to tender his party agent card as an evidence.

INEC's counsel - No Objection

PDP Counsel- My lord , i object with all seriousness because the witness never included this as an evidence in his written disposition , it wasn't listed and not included and with respect it's irrelevant to this application, so I thereby object to the admissibility of this item as an evidence.

The judge ruled that the document be admitted as evidence.

COUNSEL TO PDP-

Counsel to PDP pleads for 10 minutes to cross examine witnesses, all respondents objects.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by argon500: 11:04am On Feb 23, 2017
following
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 11:05am On Feb 23, 2017
The Judge again ruled that all parties stick to 4 minutes.

Sitting continues
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 11:28am On Feb 23, 2017
Obaseki’s witness from ward 5 unit 24 of Oredo LG said he voted but when he was given the voters register from his unit, his name wasn't found in the voters register but he voted.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 11:36am On Feb 23, 2017
To the second witness:

Witness number 2 not even registered to vote or trained by INEC to act as agent.

He is at best a mercenary engaged to come and bear false witness.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by footprintD55(m): 11:47am On Feb 23, 2017
following
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by dokyOloye: 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
Chaii.
Fowl nyash go soon open.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
Another witness from ward 7 unit 2 was left helpless when he was made to calculate yhe ballot against what was used by the presiding officer.
What was issued by the presiding officer of INEC was 903 ballot papers, while yhe ballot papers used was 911.

More updates coming
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
Obaseki you see your life!!! APC came to power and destroyed the INEC GEJ Has already built.

Useless broom-carrying demons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by alen4smith(m): 1:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:
GOD collect that governor seat from APC hands and give to PDP... So help us GOD
dreamer dream on
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
alen4smith:
dreamer dream on

Waker wake up

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
As the break resumes:

The 8th witness, Mr. Valentine Asuen is to be cross examined using exhibit PO 105(25) from Oredo LGA.

COUNSEL TO INEC-

Counsel - There was accreditation in your polling unit on the day of the election.

Witness- Yes my Lord.

Counsel- Everybody that voted were accredited simultaneously

Witness- Yes my lord.

Counsel- There was only 1 Voter register on the day of the election?

Witness- Yes my lord.

COUNSEL TO APC

Counsel- Do you know one Joseph Osagiobare.

Witness- Yes I do, before I joined APC we were together in PDP.

Counsel- Quickly look at Exhibit PO 324(26), that's the voters register for your polling unit, I put it to you that it contains ticking on the left and right.

Witness- Yes my Lord.

Counsel- The tickings means that there was both accreditation and voting in your unit.

Witness- Yes sir.

COUNSEL TO PDP.

Counsel- Valentine, your attention was drawn to exhibit 325(26) and you confirm that was the voters register used in your polling unit during the election.

Witness- Yes my Lord.

Counsel- It was duly certified by INEC

Witness- Yes

Counsel- Now look at your own name ,you will discover that there was tickings on both sides

Witness- Yes but when I accredited I was aware but I don't know if my voting box was ticked.

Counsel- Look at the total number of ballot papers issued which is 977,now you will also see that used ballot papers is 529, while unused ballot papers amounted to 199. When you add the used and unused ballot papers together, what will you get?

Witness- It's 728

My question is where did 249 ballot papers disappear into?

Where did APC get this dull youth leader who flopped

*** Both the 9th,10th and 11th witnesses all established that there was no accreditation in their polling units.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by engineerboat(m): 6:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
Counsel to Obaseki jittery as he complained about the publishing of the result of the recounted ballot papers in various print and electronic media platforms.

But the judge in his wisdom who seems very abreast with happenings in the world of information told Olanipekun (SAN) that the panel of judges have all been following the reportage on the electronic media and stated that they were impressed he added that those in the print media are also doing same but cautioned that only proceedings within the tribunal sitting should be reported.

The judge adjourns proceedings to tomorrow February 24th 2017.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by BERNIMOORE: 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
engineerboat:
As the break resumes:

The 8th witness, Mr. Valentine Asuen is to be cross examined using exhibit PO 105(25) from Oredo LGA.

COUNSEL TO INEC-

Counsel - There was accreditation in your polling unit on the day of the election.

Witness- Yes my Lord.

Counsel- Everybody that voted were accredited simultaneously

Witness- Yes my lord.

Counsel- There was only 1 Voter register on the day of the election?

Witness- Yes my lord.

COUNSEL TO APC

Counsel- Do you know one Joseph Osagiobare.

Witness- Yes I do, before I joined APC we were together in PDP.

Counsel- Quickly look at Exhibit PO 324(26), that's the voters register for your polling unit, I put it to you that it contains ticking on the left and right.

Witness- Yes my Lord.

Counsel- The tickings means that there was both accreditation and voting in your unit.

Witness- Yes sir.

COUNSEL TO PDP.

Counsel- Valentine, your attention was drawn to exhibit 325(26) and you confirm that was the voters register used in your polling unit during the election.

Witness- Yes my Lord.

Counsel- It was duly certified by INEC

Witness- Yes

Counsel- Now look at your own name ,you will discover that there was tickings on both sides

Witness- Yes but when I accredited I was aware but I don't know if my voting box was ticked.

Counsel- Look at the total number of ballot papers issued which is 977,now you will also see that used ballot papers is 529, while unused ballot papers amounted to 199. When you add the used and unused ballot papers together, what will you get?

Witness- It's 728

My question is where did 249 ballot papers disappear into?

Where did APC get this dull youth leader who flopped

*** Both the 9th,10th and 11th witnesses all established that there was no accreditation in their polling units.
grin when oshiomole was actually dancing uncontrollable during campaign i knew that he relied heavily on massive rigging and now it was exposed, why would counsel to obaseki jittery over published discrepancies in the recounted ballot? OJU OLE REE..OOLE, OJU OLE REE..OOLE, OJU OLE REE..OOLE, OJU OLE REE..OOLE, OJU OLE REE..OOLE, THIEF OLE BARAWO grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 by evo2011(f): 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2017
Very good job @engineerboat. My Broda tanx 4 all ur update. I ve been following all it updates & info. Finally our state will get d justice she deserve. Long live d : HEART BEAT OF D NATION !

(1) (Reply)

We Would Start War If Nnamdi Kanu Is Rearrested - IPOB / Things HAUSA Do That Makes Me Want To Kick Him Out Of Nigeria. / Nnamdi Kanu Denies Biafra Security Service, Calls Them A Mere Vigilante Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.