Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

RAN Set To Honour Hafisat Abdulwaheed, First Hausa Female Author - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / RAN Set To Honour Hafisat Abdulwaheed, First Hausa Female Author (669 Views)

RAN 2017 Showcases Hafsat Abdulwaheed / Google Celebrates Nigerian Author - Flora Nwapa / National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RAN Set To Honour Hafisat Abdulwaheed, First Hausa Female Author by synw: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
RAN set to honour Hafisat Abdulwaheed, first Hausa female author

THE Read Across Nigeria (RAN), an organisation promoting the reading culture in the country, will be honouring Hajiya Hafisat Abdulwaheed, who in early 1970s, became the first female Hausa writer to have her novel published.
The event, which will come up in May, will see literary lovers read from the works of Abdulwaheed, while encouraging more females to take to indigenous writing.
Abdulwaheed, who uses her works to highlight the plight of the womenfolk in Northern Nigeria, was born in Kano and had her primary education in the city. Since when she got her first novel published in the early 1970s, she has written over 30 books till date.

(1) (Reply)

***all In The Name Of Love*** / How My Lecturer Infected Me With H.i.v / Child Rape And Molestation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.