Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,800 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? (49309 Views)

Advice On Hustle To Libya For Greener Pastures / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? / Looking For A Greener Pasture We've Got The Right Option For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by ayogozie(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
I will advise you to travel to sri lanka is a cool place to live and work
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Orpe7(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
Travel to Libya
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by sekundosekundo: 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
thonyrule:
Starting a life in abroad can be hard and takes more time you could ever imagine.... Don't really know about other countries but there are lots of Nigerian men and youths here in Germany without a home not to talk of a job, many would have returned but won't because of the fear of being tagged a failure.

Boss start up a business in Nigerian and spend wisely.

Don't mind them, they think that it is that easy abroad. By the time he get there and discover that the people that invited him will be feeding on that #800k, his eyes will clear.

3 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by nemynely(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:
Traveling abroad can only pay you when you already have someone there you can hang with till you get a job and a place.

Stayin in Nigeria... I can't guarantee that. Cos when you start a biz here that's when you'll know 800k is not much. Nigeria is such an expensive place to do biz

So if you have someone that's already doing great in places like Germany, Canada, France, Holland or even United Arab Emirates. I'll advise you pack your bags and go.

The way politicians are going, the change we need in Nigeria will take a while

errata - last line

The way politicians are going, the change we need in Nigeria will take FOREVER! cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by initialize(m): 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2017
leo1234:

Please can you help with some business ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Nairaland Business section has all form of biz insights and tutorials. Take your time and read through all the start up business topics and you choose the one that's easy for you to start.

Nairaland is responsible for all I know today. I give Seun the glory high five

2 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Ichiebullion(m): 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2017
initialize:

Stanley... I will whatsapp you. I no fit forget my oga na
Lolx.. Na billions u dey handle now.. U na oga oh
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by chaiks: 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2017
Mskrisx:

This is a speculation.... Say from 200usd it could be more than.
$200?mehn na die.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by sekundosekundo: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
Pennyways:
to enter iyangky just d hurry me If I be u I for don comot teeey teeey cheesy cheesy

Na so.

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by donhils: 12:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:
Traveling abroad can only pay you when you already have someone there you can hang with till you get a job and a place.

Stayin in Nigeria... I can't guarantee that. Cos when you start a biz here that's when you'll know 800k is not much. Nigeria is such an expensive place to do biz

So if you have someone that's already doing great in places like Germany, Canada, France, Holland or even United Arab Emirates. I'll advise you pack your bags and go.

And you think 800k can take him to any of those other places u mentioned apart from uae?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Mskrisx(f): 12:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
chaiks:
$200?mehn na die.

Low? Honestly it should be more than. Since u have a friend working there already he should tell u better.

Best wishes as u step in.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by initialize(m): 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
MizTyna:

Really? Drop some ideas please

Oh I've checked on u at one time... That time when I checked ur dp after I went thru ur infinix thread n notice u are their agent... I'm just saying what I thought when I saw ur mention. grin

I do mini-importation and I also trade bitcoins

To answer ur question:

Nairaland Business section has all form of biz insights and tutorials. Take your time and read through all the start up business topics and you choose the one that's easy for you to start.

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by arazanbal: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
thonyrule:
Starting a life in abroad can be hard and takes more time you could ever imagine.... Don't really know about other countries but there are lots of Nigerian men and youths here in Germany without a home not to talk of a job, many would have returned but won't because of the fear of being tagged a failure.

Boss start up a business in Nigerian and spend wisely.

bro i get bini guys wy use libya route enter italy 4rm dr fire am go dt germany wy u dy talk so and dy r doin gr8t o.na fotballers dm b with our pro leaques here 4 9ja.all dm need 4rm dm na jst medical report dr,footbal scout/agent dere tak care of d rest 4 dm ni.i knw so wy cm do clearance 4rm clubs here in 9ja
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by dacovajnr: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
ephi123:

Right I see, I didn't read his previous posts...Yes, having friends there makes a big difference especially as they will also guide on what to do and what not to. I still don't think that money will be enough though, unless his friends want to support him for the initial months.
It depends on the kind of relationship that existed btw them coz I wouldn't just move coz the connection is just an acquaintance but he must be a close friend or family member not even family friend..They'll definitely support him till he finds his feet and he mustn't be tight fisted after, if not, you know the rest Ma'am

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by chaiks: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
Mskrisx:

Low? Honestly it should be more than. Since u have a friend working there already he should tell u better.

Best wishes as u step in. thanks.

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by sellYourCar: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Pls i need advice from everyone. Pls if you have 800k at hand would you travel abroad to hustle (legally) or would you stay here in nigeria to start up somthing.??

If you are to travel pls which country can you vouch and if its business please which business can you suggest.

Thanks in anticipation for your credible, valuable and unabashed ideas/suggestions

The solar powered mobile charging hub can earn you an average of 3k everyday providing mobile device charging services to the public.....without electricity. Just the sun!

I'm sure they can help. Follow link to contact.

http://maxigrid.com.ng/product/maxigrid-solar-powered-phone-charging-hub/

http://maxigrid.com.ng/contact-maxigrid/

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Share)
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by initialize(m): 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ichiebullion:

Lolx.. Na billions u dey handle now.. U na oga oh

Haha... No misquote me my oga. My money na written text e no even be audio.

Abeg, wetin dey go now na? ...fill ur guy in
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by 2shur: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2017
baba enter aleast african countries
and thank me later.
your business go over florish for dia.
try bostwana...
Mozambique
or any other cool african country.
uganda
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by thonyrule(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2017
Those are footballers, I am too, but not all can be that lucky. Mean the unsuccessful ones are far more than the successful ones, I say again starting a business in Nigeria is better than going abroad
arazanbal:

bro i get bini guys wy use libya route enter italy 4rm dr fire am go dt germany wy u dy talk so and dy r doin gr8t o.na fotballers dm b with our pro leaques here 4 9ja.all dm need 4rm dm na jst medical report dr,footbal scout/agent dere tak care of d rest 4 dm ni.i knw so wy cm do clearance 4rm clubs here in 9ja
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by mfm04622: 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2017
If you don't have these two things, don't travel abroad. One is somebody to stay with immediately you get there. The second is assurance of job where you are going. If you can't guarantee those 2 things, don't go anywhere. Stay here in Nigeria and invest your money
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by mixter(m): 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
They have said it all. Going Oversea might not be the best option now cos 800k is not such a huge amount of money. All of you saying he should move abroad,I hope you know what it means relocating to a new country? If you have never lived outside the shores of Nigeria, I don't think you have enough reasons telling him to move oversea. Most people are advising you based on Hearsay. I wish you can see the limitless opportunities that the recession is presenting to people who has the funds, believe me , you wouldn't want to go out.
Let me go and keep looking for my money and reliable
partner for my business.
The recession is presenting a life changing opportunity for wealth creation if you have the funds. If only you can think deep.
God help you in your decision .

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Finest641(f): 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Pls i need advice from everyone. Pls if you have 800k at hand would you travel abroad to hustle (legally) or would you stay here in nigeria to start up somthing.??

If you are to travel pls which country can you vouch and if its business please which business can you suggest.

Thanks in anticipation for your credible, valuable and unabashed ideas/suggestions
Nada. Give me the money while we think of what to do grin
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Nada. Give me the money while we think of what to do
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by tomayira(f): 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
Some people don't like the buying and selling business so if you want to start a business with 800k, send me a mail and I will guide through.

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by PAULDDON1(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
boss ..best way is for you to move out for beta job that will bring more cash to you and send money to your family .....
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Insightz(m): 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Well said. Sometimes having someone in one of these countries is not enough guarantee that things would be smooth.

I know of many people who travelled abroad because they had someone to help them out, only to arrive and realise that those persons also do not have jobs or are also managing life.

Mostly, many people end up doing criminally related jobs like drugs, scamming, etc

Also, remember that in all these countries a work permit would be required to work. Black jobs are often difficult to come by because of the penalties of employing illegals, etc

Greener pastures are not necessarily so green.

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by paezeamama: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
Bro don't think moni grows on trees abroad. . most people thr are doing odd jobs to just eat.. job that they won't try in Nigeria. .My advice look for a busy area around you and start a business. . like Dry cleaning or cyber cafe..800k can start it well or baring salon.. think about it.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by peacemara54(m): 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2017
It may be funny but try honey business
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by MizTyna(f): 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
initialize:

Oh I've checked on u at one time... That time when I checked ur dp after I went thru ur infinix thread n notice u are their agent... I'm just saying what I thought when I saw ur mention. grin

I do mini-importation and I also trade bitcoins

To answer ur question:

Don't work for Infinix anymore. Also I tried selling things twice and didn't work out. I just don't think I'm a business person much. More into services now

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by farouk0403(m): 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
airminem:

Doesn't Matter. We Got The Message First Hand
ok good i am glad you got the message.

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
nNEOo:

Lol sorry bro what I meant is if you cannot invest it here give it to me I will invest it for you and pay you 200k every month simple....

Lol, bro I was only joking....
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by DJInfluence: 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
Try MMM....
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by seunfape(m): 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:

don't come to Dubai
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by bukiboy(m): 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Pack bag and go? With tourist visa abi, Welldone.

Illegal immigrant fate is not certain, you might end up in jail.

No harm in looking for greener pasture abroad but don't do anything illegal, get the right documents and follow the right procedures. Protect Nigeria's image and don't block other people chances (that are ready to do what's right).

Since you can save up 800k (assumption, because I no know wetin you do to get the money), why not stay and save more or start kiosk like aboki (mind you na the same business shoprite dey do but on a larger scale) be prudent and see what that will yield.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Sacked Driver Clings To The Bonnet Of His Boss’ Moving Car (Photo, Video) / Young Boy Who Works As A Vulcanizer In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.