Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,597 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Ps I Need Your Advise! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ps I Need Your Advise! (833 Views)

Is This Abnormal? Is Something Wrong With Me? Pls I Need Your Advise. / Am In Trouble ..see What This Girl Send To Me . ..i Need Your Advise / Guys Your Advise Is Highly Needed Please See This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ps I Need Your Advise! by Bourladay(f): 10:22am On Dec 11, 2009
I am a young girl of 21 who intends to get married next year.

However, I am dating an Igbo man but I am a Yoruba gal. I love him but I dont feel comfortable with his family.
This is because: 1. they are somewhat lukewarm towards me.

2. They speak their language all the time and I dont understand it, so i am always confused whether they are saying negative things about me.

3. My boyfriend likes their traditional meal which I dont Know how to prepare.

He is a very caring and responsible man, also works in the oil and gas industry. However, my family and friends feel I should break up with him and date a yoruba man instead. Please I need ur opinions on this. What do I do?

Thanks,
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by Ben13: 10:39am On Dec 11, 2009
If your Ibo boifriend loves you and wishes to marry you even in this situation, then remain with him.
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by AniLee(f): 10:57am On Dec 11, 2009
^^^ thanks @ ben.

I also say stick with the guy. If its LOVE that brought you together, then its only LOVE that shall keep you together. Go for it hun.
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by 190: 10:58am On Dec 11, 2009
^^

gbam
but arent u a little too young 2 get married @ 21
dont rush in2 marriage ohh else u'll rush out~
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 11, 2009
My dear you are only 21, the world is your oyster, take your time.
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by AniLee(f): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2009
^^^ uuuuh can someone pls remind me at how old ma granny married and yet she is still with her husband till this very day and moment as i type this!! So please, if the poster feels she is ready, I encourage her to go for it. Age doesnt determine the readiness for marriage.
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by jejelolatu(f): 11:06am On Dec 11, 2009
Love is over-rated my dear, dis ar serious issues dat wud last longer dan d honey moon days nd u dnt even have d age advantage on ur side
I say u address dis issues seriously cos if its a cause for worry now, it aint gna jst dissapear cos ua married.
Al d best gurl, in d long run, its ur happiness dat matters
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by AniLee(f): 11:07am On Dec 11, 2009
Love is not over-rated. Love is God (and vice versa). Fullstop. Period.
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by 190: 11:11am On Dec 11, 2009
ani lee why u dey vex like this

or did u get married @ 12 and now tink we are refering to u

abeg she is too young

she should go 2 sch 1st

these days marriages isnt like thoes days

same with dating~

how long has she dated and known this guy

i guess since she was 7 or sometin~
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by humblemate(m): 11:13am On Dec 11, 2009
If u truly love him with all u'r heart, I'm sure that same love will help u conquer the rest of the physical battle of fears which  u have just raised.
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by abishegs: 11:23am On Dec 11, 2009
190:

abeg she is too young

she should go 2 sch 1st

these days marriages isnt like thoes days

same with dating~

how long has she dated and known this guy

i guess since she was 7 or sometin~

u are so wrong, cos she is 21 means she is nt a graduate, plus she might even knw more thn u , age doesnt mean anything, and if she's been dating th guy since she is 7 thts her wn problem, face ur own relationship and dnt discourage pple , maybe u are 29 and stil in uni, lmao

@ poster, if u like the guy, go for him, simples
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by jejelolatu(f): 11:26am On Dec 11, 2009
@ ani lee
dnt put words in ma mouth, i dnt joke with my GOD.
I said love is overated so dnt equate love to God cos God isnt over rated.

Love is important in evry relatnship bt its not d only important factor.
We need to start tellin ourselves d truth,
Being in luv dosnt guarantee a happy ever after.

Do u think al d divorced/ separated people in d world stopped loving each other?
C'mon, ask any man who's been married lyk 30yrs wen was d last time he tld his wife "i love u" ? Do u tink he dosnt love her anymo?

Before marraige, love is all dat seems to matter ,after marraige there ar loadz of issues to address aside frm luv.
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by 190: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2009
abishegs:

aisha did u just say all that 2 me~

its me and u on this land

listen i dont have 2 spill my ink over here~
ive long been done with my university,served but i still insist
that 21 for a lady @ this age is still kinda too young
she should wait till shes 25 or sometin,
with all these fornications from married people these days
she definately shouldnt be rushed in2 marriage~so would u advice your 21yr old brother 2 get married~
HELL no~ anyway it aint my concern,im happy with my relationship and daily give GLORY to Gawd for sending her my way

@poster
please take your time~
21 is kinda too young for u
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by r231(m): 11:45am On Dec 11, 2009
tell him to teach you his language or go learn about his language and culture dat way wen they r talking you 2 can understand bit by bit what they are saying.

PS go for it if he loves you and you love him too
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by cantell(m): 11:46am On Dec 11, 2009
@Poster,
Inferiority complex is eating up the better part of you. Why do yoruba ladies feel insecure with Igbo guys? The same goes to their guys. I just don't understand.
If your guy likes traditional(Igbo) food, learn how to prepare it. Its not too much to ask for. This guy chose to marry you amisdt discouragement,even threats from the family. I know this because i'm an Igboguy. I know how it works. Most Igbo parents would like their children to marry from their town or tribe,especially their male children.
If this guy chooses to marry you, he really loves you. Make no mistake about that.
As for the lukewarm attitude, its natural. With time, it'll be a thing of the past.
Do the best you can and everything will fall into place.
Best of luck.
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by glo12(f): 11:56am On Dec 11, 2009
I agree with cantell. Thats just what i think you should do.
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2009
cantell:

@Poster,
Inferiority complex is eating up the better part of you. Why do yoruba ladies feel insecure with Igbo guys? The same goes to their guys. I just don't understand.
If your guy likes traditional(Igbo) food, learn how to prepare it. Its not too much to ask for. This guy chose to marry you amisdt discouragement,even threats from the family. I know this because i'm an Igboguy. I know how it works. Most Igbo parents would like their children to marry from their town or tribe,especially their male children.
If this guy chooses to marry you, he really loves you. Make no mistake about that.
As for the lukewarm attitude, its natural. With time, it'll be a thing of the past.
Best of luck.

I second. . .

@Poster

He loves igbo food. . .is there a big deal in knowing how to prepare this? undecided

I know most igbo parents want their sons marrying only igbos but nothing's impossible. . .

My cousin has been married to a Yoruba woman. . .it wasn't easy I can tell you that. . .but its all good now. . .so nothing's impossible!
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by Bourladay(f): 2:19pm On Dec 11, 2009
Thanks everyone for your different opinions.

@ Abishegs I am a graduate finished from Babcock at the age of 19. I was through with my youth service last year and I work in an NGO company. Yes I might be young but definitely well educated.
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by Bourladay(f): 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
@ cantell

@Poster,
Best of luck.

Trust me when I say Inferiority complex does not exist in my dictionary!!!! I am only worried cos I want a happy and blissful marriage!!! I do not feel Inferior in any way cool
Re: Ps I Need Your Advise! by cantell(m): 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2009
@poster,
if you don't, go ahead and marry the guy.
i assure you, no regrets.
i hope i'm not giving the guy too much credit.
so long.

(1) (Reply)

Sex And Christmas: / Caught / What other advise shuold i give her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.