Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos (21017 Views)

Whatsapp Finally Rolled Out Revoke Message Feature For Everyone / Latest Whatsapp GB App With 'new Status Feature' Update.2017 / Whatsapp Launches “status” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by zpakln(f): 5:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
WhatsApp Launches New 'Status' Feature for Sharing Videos and Photos That Expire After 24 Hours

The company has re-invented the status tool – which until now has only offered the option to put a piece of text next to your name, like “at the gym” – so that it takes one of Snapchat’s most central and celebrated features. And it is just the latest Facebook company to do so – with everything from Instagram to Facebook’s own app taking its competitors innovations.

People will now be able to share photos and videos as “statuses”, in a similar way to how stories work on Snapchat and now Instagram. Rather than simply posting text, they will be able to add pictures that will show for all their friends – until they are automatically deleted.

Jam Koum, WhatsApp’s founder and boss, said that it had been working to improve the status feature ever since it was first introduced in 2009. The app was actually created as a way of posting these statuses – so that you could let all your friends and contacts know what you’re up to – and has had them ever since, despite company looking to improve them.

“We are excited to announce that, coinciding with WhatsApp’s 8th birthday on February 24, we are reinventing the status feature,” Mr Koum wrote. “Starting today, we are rolling out an update to status, which allows you to share photos and videos with your friends and contacts on WhatsApp in an easy and secure way. Yes, even your status updates are end-to-end encrypted.

“Just like eight years ago when we first started WhatsApp, this new and improved status feature will let you keep your friends who use WhatsApp easily updated in a fun and simple way. From all of us at WhatsApp, we hope you enjoy it!”

In use, the feature looks almost identical to the Instagram feature. But unlike the same tool for Instagram, only friends and contacts will be able to see whatever is posted using it.

http://www.ngcube.com/whatsapp-launches-new-status-feature-for-sharing-videos-and-photos-that-expire-after-24-hours/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Donnetimmy(m): 5:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
So this is how it feels to be the FTC

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Ay92(m): 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
I don't like this feature at all. Everything is now disorganized

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by joshuamoses101(m): 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
noticed it in my friends phone today updated mine and it worked but a friend updated husband nothing changed so I assumed it only works on 6.0

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by beinstein(m): 9:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
joshuamoses101:
noticed it in my friends phone today updated mine and it worked but a friend updated husband nothing changed so I assumed it only works on 6.0
it's working fine here, and my OS is 4.4.
Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by joshuamoses101(m): 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2017
beinstein:

it's working fine here, and my OS is 4.4.
his using a 5.1 yet it didn't work for him don't know why
Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by SweetBoyFriend(m): 7:45am On Feb 25, 2017

And you're telling us about the WhatsApp status update today being Saturday 25th 2017 ??

Well, we knew about it since October 1934

Thanks for the late stale news

6 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by akilo1: 7:46am On Feb 25, 2017
ok
Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by seunlayi(m): 7:46am On Feb 25, 2017
This is cool

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by femiranking28(m): 7:46am On Feb 25, 2017
This new status style is somehow
Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Chrisozone: 7:46am On Feb 25, 2017
This is a setup.

Girls can do all rubbish in snapchat and Instagram.

Whatsapp is were there family member's are.

Lemme see how they will be smoking shisha with half naked picture and post.

Especially when they did not exclude there parents grin

16 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by nairaman101: 7:46am On Feb 25, 2017
I just activated mine... see how you can activate yours! Click HERE

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Homeboiy: 7:47am On Feb 25, 2017
so it wont work on my 4.1
Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by ta4ba3(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2017
Another platform for Olosho's to slay

8 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 25, 2017
In this APC tenure. Airtel is giving free Facebook. Facebook have started paying for videos like YouTube.
Boko haram are being wiped everyday.
Now a new development from Whatsapp. This next development will be that whatsapp and all internet apps will be free.
Buhari continue your good work. We will get more positive news about phone since APC is still ruling.
PDP use this.

Ipobexposed

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by DeBlessedOne(m): 7:49am On Feb 25, 2017
I still prefer 2go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by theSpark(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2017
Ay92:
I don't like this feature at all. Everything is now disorganized

Exactly.

Everything is now a circus and showoff centre. I loved Whatsapp for its simplicity and then it's core purpose as an instant messenger. Now we have a mini social network in our hands.

I'd be happier if the update was on getting notifications if someone mentioned you in a group chat.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Meti99(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2017
Works on my fone
Nice one..

But has anyone found our
RunawayPresident#

Buhaha has absconded
Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 7:51am On Feb 25, 2017
DeBlessedOne:
I still prefer 2go
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 25, 2017
Stalkers will be happy with this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by oluwayimika123: 7:53am On Feb 25, 2017
I also noticed it ystday. I used a female friends pics as my dp ystday 2 cel ebrate her bday and I was abt changing my status 2 complement it b4 I noticed it was practically impossible.

Buh my own concern abt it is text words cant b used as status xpct pics and videos wch I find 2 b worrisome perhaps I vent acclimatized with it. Buh if d@ is truly D case na Zero 2 me.....

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Launcher: 7:54am On Feb 25, 2017
Lovely, but this gon consume more data for this recession
Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Vince77(m): 7:56am On Feb 25, 2017
theSpark:

Exactly.

Everything is now a circus and showoff centre. I loved Whatsapp for its simplicity and then it's core purpose as an instant messenger. Now we have a mini social network in our hands.

Just give them some time and they will start showing advert on whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Launcher: 7:57am On Feb 25, 2017
IpobExposed:
In this APC tenure. Airtel is giving free Facebook. Facebook have started paying for videos like YouTube.
Boko haram are being wiped everyday.
Now a new development from Whatsapp. This next development will be that whatsapp and all internet apps will be free.
Buhari continue your good work. We will get more positive news about phone since APC is still ruling.
PDP use this.

Ipobexposed

Can't believe you can be this foolish, what does this thread have to do with IPOB & the senile president?

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Bernardinho(m): 7:59am On Feb 25, 2017
WhatsApp has lost it, i hate the new update am downgrading soon

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by ejude44: 7:59am On Feb 25, 2017
Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by mccoy47(m): 8:00am On Feb 25, 2017
Zukerbeg the bulldozer grin
Snapchat right now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by richeeyo(m): 8:00am On Feb 25, 2017
joshuamoses101:
No bro
It works on 4.4
There perfect O.S
Have tested it bro
Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by sweerychick(f): 8:00am On Feb 25, 2017
Updated it on my windows phone cool
Re: Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:01am On Feb 25, 2017
Great job. There is need for greatér improvements. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Scammers Bypass Your One Time Password Protect / Tecno Camon CM Gaming Test And Performance Review / What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.