Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again (19503 Views)

Mistake a Born Again should never make / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by solbil: 8:05pm On Feb 26, 2017
Btruth:
You are right Sjoy. Well, we are trying to bring all the kids to understanding the past now. And the Lord is taking all the glory already. Just sight this examples for others to learn from it. Because, here we are talking about a man with 2 wives, what do we now say about a converted Muslim man with 4 wives and truly turn a born again christian. And using his influence on his families to bring all of them back to Christ? Do we now stand to judge him?

there is someone in the front page who posted a verse in the gospel where jesus rebuked the jews for going far and wide to win converts only to yoke them with complex teaching of men.

When a man repents, he is not to divorce his wives. If he tries to do it, then he is trying to win hois own salvation and rejecting the grace of God that has won him salvation for free.

Are you going to tell the one who wrote waec to return his certificate because he cheated to get it? Well, if you will tell him that, can you also tell him to go back in time and replace all the meat he stole from his mother's pot? You guys are begining to diviate from the gospel you recieved and are begining take man made teachings as superior to God's.

Col 2: 13-14. "...he forgave you your sins and did away with it along side its binding rules". The "binding rules" refer to the punishment and so called restitution you are to make.

You guys goofed with tearing an innocent family apart. You should take responsibility!!!!
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by solbil: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
enshy:

In the first place, if you can call your fellow an idiot for no reason and you say no apologies as against Gods commands, then you can do anything against His commands to suit yourself. A believer wouldnt call a fellow an idiot! Pleasing God isnt your passion yet so you wouldnt understand the sinfulness of polygamy even if I keep explaining.
I pray God reveals the truth to you but may it be known today to all that Polygamy is a sin, let all repent and turn to God..Jesus is coming and must not meet you in adultery...God help us all and keep us till his coming..

paul also 'insulted' a people. "...who has bewitched you"

stephen said to the elders who confronted him: "you stiff naked people, uncircumcised humans..." so what's your point.

But i withdraw the insult and tender an apology anyway. i am sure any right thinking person can understand my emotion.
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by solbil: 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
Roseey0:
There is no right or wrong here.

If you paid their bride price, u must remain married to both.
Paul only advised one man to one woman to reduce commotion associated with polygamy in the early church.

in the first place, he never adviced one man one wife. The only part he appeared to have said so was when he said: "for the sake of the flesh, marry one". So you can see here that he wasn't even talking about polygamy here, rather he was responding to an issue raised in the corinthians church about celibacy (singleness). And he also wasn't reducing it to just one, but he is advicing to get married. I'm sure you understand it now?
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by Charly68: 8:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
Allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you my Brother because issue like this is very sensitive .Looking at it from prophetic eyes,Jacob made mistake but God converted his mistakes to miracle..The twelve tribes of Israel came from polygamy relationship .How about that too?
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by Godsate: 8:32pm On Feb 26, 2017
Modenzy:
Happy sunday to all nairalanders.

There is a serious question that i always want to ask but today iam realeasing it out from the substructure of my mind.

It is Biblically and doctrinically mandatory for christ-likes in 97% churches to marry one (1) wife. Good.
Assuming a man is having two wives and he gave his life to christ as his personal LORD and SAVIOUR, should the man still stick and maintain the two wives

Please, matured answers, bible quotes are welcomed. Phylosophical reasonings are welcome too.

Let him lead the two wives to Christ with all their children and take good care of them with one love.

With the help of God, they can live together as one big family.
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by Roseey0(f): 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
solbil:

in the first place, he never adviced one man one wife. The only part he appeared to have said so was when he said: "for the sake of the flesh, marry one". So you can see here that he wasn't even talking about polygamy here, rather he was responding to an issue raised in the corinthians church about celibacy (singleness). And he also wasn't reducing it to just one, but he is advicing to get married. I'm sure you understand it now?
You just said marry one

Dats all
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by iHarrie(m): 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
Happy Sunday,
As a christian, one who is born-again, and who was married to two wives, what you need to do is to hold on to your first wife and settle the second wife and send her home.
And if you have sent your first wife away you must bring her back, marriage is between a man and a woman, marriage is for better for worse, in sickness and in health, until death do you part.

And if death have not separated you, you have no right to separate yourself by divorcing or sending her away and marrying a new wife.. If you continue in that second marriage, that is adultery, (Matt 19:9) and we both know where adultery leads. (Hebrews 13:4)..

I have not spoken to condemn anyone but to bring to you the knowledge of the truth that many might be set free and do the necessary restitution.
Thanks
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by solbil: 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
Charly68:
Allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you my Brother because issue like this is very sensitive .Looking at it from prophetic eyes,Jacob made mistake but God converted his mistakes to miracle..The twelve tribes of Israel came from polygamy relationship .How about that too?

yet, the likes of @enshy believe polygamy is a sin but he will definitely refuse to say the the twelve tribes of Israel and Jesus himself, who did not come from all first wives, are a product of sin.
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by solbil: 9:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
iHarrie:
Happy Sunday,
As a christian, one who is born-again, and who was married to two wives, what you need to do is to hold on to your first wife and settle the second wife and send her home.
And if you have sent your first wife away you must bring her back, marriage is between a man and a woman, marriage is for better for worse, in sickness and in health, until death do you part.

And if death have not separated you, you have no right to separate yourself by divorcing or sending her away and marrying a new wife.. If you continue in that second marriage, that is adultery, (Matt 19:9) and we both know where adultery leads. (Hebrews 13:4)..

I have not spoken to condemn anyone but to bring to you the knowledge of the truth that many might be set free and do the necessary restitution.
Thanks

will you also tell a man who turns to the lord in repentance to rewind time and go replace all the meats he stole from his mum's pot? Which one is easier? Tell him to send away his wife who now has children for him, and the sending away could distabilize a probably exemplary family, or tell a man to rewind time to replace all the meat he stole from his mum's pot?

If you are not going to tell the man to return the meats he stole, why tell the man who has more than one wife to send one of his wives away?

Why should doctrine be more important than human lives/happiness ad unity?

Col 2:13-14 "he forgave us our sins and did away with them all its binding rules...". This means you can't win your salvation for yourself, and the cross should a be a free gift.
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by enshy: 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
solbil:

yet, the likes of @enshy believe polygamy is a sin but he will definitely refuse to say the the twelve tribes of Israel and Jesus himself, who did not come from all first wives, are a product of sin.
Pls read my posts well.
The fruits of polygamy are not in sin...The polygamist is the one in disobedience and has to repent. The Holy Spirit cant lead you outside scriptures...Polygamy is sinful! Let all who want to please the Lord Jesus repent and restitute immediately but remember all the children must be taken care of!
May God keep revealing His Truth to us.
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by solbil: 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
And how is polygamy sexual immorality? Are you saying the ancestory of Jesus was immoral? And the very foundation of the house through which God was going to call the world to himself, Isreal, is immoral?
iHarrie:
Happy Sunday,

Thanks
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by solbil: 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
enshy:

Pls read my posts well.
The fruits of polygamy are not in sin...The polygamist is the one in disobedience and has to repent. The Holy Spirit cant lead you outside scriptures...Polygamy is sinful! Let all who want to please the Lord Jesus repent and restitute immediately but remember all the children must be taken care of!

i read your post very well and i understood it completely. And i did not say you said the products are a sin. I said: "you will not agree that the house of Isreal and Jesus are a product of sin", since you believe polygamy is a sin.

I am never going to convince you, but i am also not going to give you monopoly of the airwaves so you don't do damage to people's self esteem.

Mention where polygamy is recorded in the bible as a sin, go on ahead!
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by Btruth: 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
solbil:

there is someone in the front page who posted a verse in the gospel where jesus rebuked the jews for going far and wide to win converts only to yoke them with complex teaching of men.

When a man repents, he is not to divorce his wives. If he tries to do it, then he is trying to win hois own salvation and rejecting the grace of God that has won him salvation for free.

Are you going to tell the one who wrote waec to return his certificate because he cheated to get it? Well, if you will tell him that, can you also tell him to go back in time and replace all the meat he stole from his mother's pot? You guys are begining to diviate from the gospel you recieved and are begining take man made teachings as superior to God's.

Col 2: 13-14. "...he forgave you your sins and did away with it along side its binding rules". The "binding rules" refer to the punishment and so called restitution you are to make.

You guys goofed with tearing an innocent family apart. You should take responsibility!!!!
Excellent. I honestly hope the critics will learn from you. And learning from you sincerely.

1 Like

Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by Btruth: 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2017
enshy:

Pls read my posts well.
Mere Doctrines. And while what Christ sincerely needed from us is true repentance and moving forward in life. Whatever life physically we go through in life remains here on earth, while our inner believe connecting with the Lord will be for eternal. If Christ is not judging someone, no one earth will prevail in passing judgement on that person.
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by enshy: 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
solbil:

i read your post very well and i understood it completely. And i did not say you said the products are a sin. I said: "you will not agree that the house of Isreal and Jesus are a product of sin", since you believe polygamy is a sin.

I am never going to convince you, but i am also not going to give you monopoly of the airwaves so you don't do damage to people's self esteem.

Mention where polygamy is recorded in the bible as a sin, go on ahead!
Read Matt 19:8-9! Read your Bible well, Abraham sent away all his strange wives and concubines, Isaac had just one wife, Jacob got a second wife out of deceit but after Jacobs encounter with God she died and Jacob enjoyed his first wife, Leah.
God had commanded that Kings shouldnt have multiple wives, Saul had many wives but was later rejected by God.
David paid dearly for his as all his wives were publicly raped and later put all his concubines away and never slept with them again..Solomon disobeyed God totally and God punished him...None of the Seers, Prophets, Judges, Apostles in the N.T went into Polygamy.
Paul commanded that those that had gone into Polygamy shouldnt be made leaders in Church.
My dear, polygamy is an insatiable quest for sex, sex and sex alone from a lust filled...God hates it and punishes his 'children' that go into it.
See no one went into Polygamy in the Bible without a bad ending! Abrahams polygamy led to the hatred btw the two most populous religion today, see the killings and cruelty!
A Believer cant be ruled by His appetites! Repent and run to Jesus, he will save you!
N.B - Bible is an unbiased book that gives full account of the success and deep failings of Gods children so we can learn from them.
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by omojeesu(m): 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2017
Modenzy:
Happy sunday to all nairalanders.

There is a serious question that i always want to ask but today iam realeasing it out from the substructure of my mind.

It is Biblically and doctrinically mandatory for christ-likes in 97% churches to marry one (1) wife. Good.
Assuming a man is having two wives and he gave his life to christ as his personal LORD and SAVIOUR, should the man still stick and maintain the two wives

Please, matured answers, bible quotes are welcomed. Phylosophical reasonings are welcome too.

If these two wives were married by, at least, the custom of the land i. e. the marriages were in accordance with the law of the land or religious requirements, THEY ARE INDEED his wives. He should not divorce any EXCEPT any wants to go because of his new found faith.

He will NOT HOWEVER not be able to work as an overseer or deacon in the church but can do NON SPIRITUAL OVERSIGHT functions.

If not properly married he can divorce any or both. If both were not properly married he may decide to properly marry one of them. Which one, first or second, is his choice.

Tough. Tough. Tough choices.

1 Like

Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 27, 2017
Christane:
devorce the 2nd one nd stick to ur 1st wife ..ur 2nd wife z a stranger in ur house ..bt if u cnt let her go ...speak to ur pastor abt it ..
pastor? if u can't make a decision on ur own u are not a man
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by solbil: 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
enshy:

Read Matt 19:8-9! Read your Bible well, Abraham sent away all his strange wives and concubines, Isaac had just one wife, Jacob got a second wife out of deceit but after Jacobs encounter with God she died and Jacob enjoyed his first wife, Leah.
God had commanded that Kings shouldnt have multiple wives, Saul had many wives but was later rejected by God.
David paid dearly for his as all his wives were publicly raped and later put all his concubines away and never slept with them again..Solomon disobeyed God totally and God punished him...None of the Seers, Prophets, Judges, Apostles in the N.T went into Polygamy.
Paul commanded that those that had gone into Polygamy shouldnt be made leaders in Church.
My dear, polygamy is an insatiable quest for sex, sex and sex alone from a lust filled...God hates it and punishes his 'children' that go into it.
See no one went into Polygamy in the Bible without a bad ending! Abrahams polygamy led to the hatred btw the two most populous religion today, see the killings and cruelty!
A Believer cant be ruled by His appetites! Repent and run to Jesus, he will save you!
N.B - Bible is an unbiased book that gives full account of the success and deep failings of Gods children so we can learn from them.

all lies and deliberate manipulation of scripture to fulfil your own end.

Care to show me where God COMMANDED the kings not to marry many wives? I am really looking forward to it.

And when Jacob's second wife died, did he also put aside his concubines too, the ones with whom we had some of his children?

My dear, stop telling lies about the bible as if we can't go into the bible and confirm that you are lying! God did not reject Saul because he too many wives, but because he disobeyed God due to his greed, and he thought he could also bribe God and so God told him through Samuel that "Obedience is better than sacrifice". You don't talk like it is only you that have access to the bible.

David did not pay for marrying many wives, for polygamy NOT A SIN AGAINST GOD, stop the lies already! Yes, his wife was raped in public, not because he married many, but because God pronounced judgement on him when he TOOK ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE, AND NOT JUST THAT, HE HAD THE MAN PUT TO DEATH, A HUMBLE AND LOYAL MAN. stop the lies already! And yes, even in his old age, David still had sex with another concubine confirming that he is what you would call today a pedophile. Yes, you heard me right. When he was old and weak, his people told him: "why don't we bring a young girl (13 years old) so she could keep you warm?" i am going to give the quotation here later.

As for Solomon, he also didn't get punished because he many many wives. He got punished because he took wives from other nation who would eventually drag him to other gods, a thing detested by God. If he had stuck to the women of israel, he probably wouldn't have been punished.

The bible never said so much about the pesonal lives of the apostles, so there is no way for you to know that. Polygamy was not an issue all through the bible.

And when Paul talked to Timothy, polygamy was not the issue, for duty was! And paul was concerned about dedication that's why he did not encourage the men with large homes to take to church office.

Now you tell me: do you think that the kind of person Paul was, especially someone passionate about the Gospel, would see an i don't care attitude from monogamous families to ards the things of God, and if there is a polygamous family showing high level of dedication, he is not going to give them even the office of a bishop?

And no, Polygamy is not an insatiable quest for sex, sex and sex alone, for Abraham did not take another lady because he had an insatiable desire for sex. Jacob did not take another wife because he had an insatiable desire for sex. And even after marrying two wives, he still did not take the concubines offered him by his wives because he wanted sex. So stop with all the lies trying to paint Polygamy in a bad light. You should know you are hurting real people, and you are puting your man-made laws above love itself. Jesus spoke to the jews when they came up to him and questioned him why he must heal someone on a sabbath. (the law was: don't work on a sabbath). To show to you that these people valued law more than the essence of the law itself, sabbath, Jesus asked them that which one of them would his child fall into the well on a sabbath, and he won't go into it to bring out the child?

My dear, stop placing your man made laws, which have no significance in the realm of the spirit, above the core of the christianity, faith, hope and LOVE!
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by solbil: 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
@enshy ok, i take that back when i said he had sex with a 13 year old girl. I just confirmed in 1kings 1:1. But the other things i have said, stand. You are free to correct where you can prove is wrong.
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by solbil: 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
@enshy

adam had a monogamous family, and his children killed eachother. Isaac had only one wife, yet, one would have killed the other if not because the other ran away! So we have seen cases of monogamies fail before too, but no, you arr not going to condemn monogamy even though some like i have mentioned, ended badly. My home have succeeded, and no amout of hate from bigots can change anything!
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by enshy: 4:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
solbil:
@enshy ok, i take that back when i said he had sex with a 13 year old girl. I just confirmed in 1kings 1:1. But the other things i have said, stand. You are free to correct where you can prove is wrong.
You seem to have an humble part to your agression...I sincerely appreciate..Now henceforth, lets go through this with ease, unbias, understanding and respect!
I pray Ild be able to walk into the Light nd Truth of God.
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by enshy: 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
solbil:

all lies and deliberate manipulation of scripture to fulfil your own end.

Care to show me where God COMMANDED the kings not to marry many wives? I am really looking forward to it.

And when Jacob's second wife died, did he also put aside his concubines too, the ones with whom we had some of his children?

My dear, stop telling lies about the bible as if we can't go into the bible and confirm that you are lying! God did not reject Saul because he too many wives, but because he disobeyed God due to his greed, and he thought he could also bribe God and so God told him through Samuel that "Obedience is better than sacrifice". You don't talk like it is only you that have access to the bible.

David did not pay for marrying many wives, for polygamy NOT A SIN AGAINST GOD, stop the lies already! Yes, his wife was raped in public, not because he married many, but because God pronounced judgement on him when he TOOK ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE, AND NOT JUST THAT, HE HAD THE MAN PUT TO DEATH, A HUMBLE AND LOYAL MAN. stop the lies already! And yes, even in his old age, David still had sex with another concubine confirming that he is what you would call today a pedophile. Yes, you heard me right. When he was old and weak, his people told him: "why don't we bring a young girl (13 years old) so she could keep you warm?" i am going to give the quotation here later.

As for Solomon, he also didn't get punished because he many many wives. He got punished because he took wives from other nation who would eventually drag him to other gods, a thing detested by God. If he had stuck to the women of israel, he probably wouldn't have been punished.

The bible never said so much about the pesonal lives of the apostles, so there is no way for you to know that. Polygamy was not an issue all through the bible.

And when Paul talked to Timothy, polygamy was not the issue, for duty was! And paul was concerned about dedication that's why he did not encourage the men with large homes to take to church office.

Now you tell me: do you think that the kind of person Paul was, especially someone passionate about the Gospel, would see an i don't care attitude from monogamous families to ards the things of God, and if there is a polygamous family showing high level of dedication, he is not going to give them even the office of a bishop?

And no, Polygamy is not an insatiable quest for sex, sex and sex alone, for Abraham did not take another lady because he had an insatiable desire for sex. Jacob did not take another wife because he had an insatiable desire for sex. And even after marrying two wives, he still did not take the concubines offered him by his wives because he wanted sex. So stop with all the lies trying to paint Polygamy in a bad light. You should know you are hurting real people, and you are puting your man-made laws above love itself. Jesus spoke to the jews when they came up to him and questioned him why he must heal someone on a sabbath. (the law was: don't work on a sabbath). To show to you that these people valued law more than the essence of the law itself, sabbath, Jesus asked them that which one of them would his child fall into the well on a sabbath, and he won't go into it to bring out the child?

My dear, stop placing your man made laws, which have no significance in the realm of the spirit, above the core of the christianity, faith, hope and LOVE!
Gen 23:1-2 ; Sarah died
Gen 25 ; Abraham married another wife, Keturah
Gen 25:5-6 ; Abraham recognizes Isaac as his only son and sends all sons from concubines away with just gifts.
Gen 24:4 ; Abraham sends to his place to get 'Isaac' a wife, not wives...Isaac had only one wife
Deut 17:17-19 ; God commanded Kings in Israel not to marry many wives; and commanded also that this should made into Law by the 1st King by writing it in a book. Solomon failed woefully as King.
II Sam 20:3 ; David parts with all concubines
All Kings in Israel including David erred in this but thank God David restituted as shown in II Sam 20:3
Just to add to scriptures, there are several animals that practice monogamy termites, foxes, wolves, almost all the birds are monogamous.
An animal shouldn't do better that human! Monogamy is Gods instituted pattern for marriage.
Gods longsuffering shouldnt be taken for timidity, slackness...He wants everyone to repent.
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by akan102: 1:36am On Feb 28, 2019
Sunnymatey:
The two women can lay claim to him legally but as a christian, the woman whose dairy was first paid is the wife.

Is there any place, this statement above is supported in the Bible?

Where did the church get that law?

Remember, the Bible admonished "don't add and don't remove
Re: Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again by akan102: 1:47am On Feb 28, 2019
firstking01:
Well, he who's in christ is a new creature, old things are passed away and all things have become new....so, if he married the two wives legally he must live with them legally, showing equal love and care to the both of them with NO partiality cos in christiandom once you are married there's absolutely NO room for divorce...let me just add, if you are a worker in the church you'd put away the last wife, i.e, the one you married last by giving her a certificate of divorce according to the bible...that's all i can say for now.

Does being a worker in the church permit you to cause heart break to someone God created even when such a person had found comfort and peace of mind in the relationship?

At this point are you sure you are pleasing God or pleasing man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman's Lawyer Threathens To Sue Sahara Reporters For N1 Billion / Is Jesus God? / How To Handle Dating And Sexual Purity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.