Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) (58902 Views)

Big Turtle I Saw At Badagry Market This Morning / Fisher Man Who Killed A Giant Sea Lion In Rivers, Celebrated ( Photos) / Photo: Commotion As Massive Sea Turtle Was Caught In Badagry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by victorazy(m): 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2017
everything in Africa na kill chop
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by dee02(m): 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
Emusan:

Should we begin to bring them inside your sitting room (if you have one)?

They should be stuffed up your father's rotten anus, you bloody vacuous troglodyte

Fu..ck you and everything you stand for, omo ale jatijati! wink
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by cloudyskygrind(m): 3:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
Emusan:

And what does the effect of some species going into extinction got to do with human or universe?

You're a thousand years behind the modern world.

1 Like

Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by IYSKABA: 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
wink2015:

@Rikze,

Next time, make a youtube video of the de-shelling process of the giantsea creature ( sea turtle ) Viewers will be interested on how you take out the shell.

A youtube tutorial will be more educative to students.

The same goes to those guyz killing, snakes, crocodiles, lizards etc and making pepper soup with it. Why not create a youtube videos of the slaying and cooking processes and upload it online.

Photograph or pictures is not enough.

You be correct guy
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by cloudyskygrind(m): 3:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
You should all be more concerned about out breaks of new diseases because of the way people are killing and eating everything
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
iPrevail:

Hypocrite! It's not heart wrenching to kill and eat chicken right? undecided
sea turtles are rare... if not endangered already. Chickens are everywhere and can be trained even in our homes.
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by thunderbabs: 3:35pm On Feb 27, 2017
If na for bush dey hunt animal, dey go say na bush meat.

Whivh kind meat we go call dz one now? Na river meat abi na still bush meat
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
embarassed why kill it

1 Like

Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Rikze: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
wink2015:

@Rikze,

Next time, make a youtube video of the de-shelling process of the giantsea creature ( sea turtle ) Viewers will be interested on how you take out the shell.

A youtube tutorial will be more educative to students.

The same goes to those guyz killing, snakes, crocodiles, lizards etc and making pepper soup with it. Why not create a youtube videos of the slaying and cooking processes and upload it online.

Photograph or pictures is not enough.
I got your point, I'll do that next time... lemme see if I have a video footage of how a Python was butchered sometimes ago.
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by dee02(m): 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2017
Emusan:

So what are the things we're supposed to kill?

Not everything is goat meat, you fu....cking bastardoooo grin
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by U2ice(m): 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2017
dacovajnr:
With the way ppl dey chop any creature dey cum across I hope they won't end up eating d person God wan send to save us from recession if he decide to come in form of Snake or Antelope grin cheesy

our fear sef go catch God...thus he wont send d person in form of snake or antelope
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Malawian(m): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
No matter the creature, even the one they are seeing for the very first time, there are people who already know how to dissect them.
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2017
Good for pepper soup!
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by sarrki(m): 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2017
sekundosekundo:
Ntanta don land, pls give my friend Sarrki the head.

Lol
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Abdulazeez007(m): 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nathan2016:
Those animal are very common to see and they breed right in our eyes.... Have you seen a python or tortoise before...? Is good to preserve to avoid extinction of specie in a specific region
ever seen a tortise?
its more or less rearing it to me.
even turtle self.
so seeing cows now mean they are very much available for consumption?
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by SuperBlack: 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
Thank God the Fish that Carried Jonah didn't pass through Imo River. There would have been a story of missing Jonah
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:47pm On Feb 27, 2017
It's one thing to kill a domestic bred animal or regularly found wild animals, and another thing to slaughter wild creatures that are rarely seen or have rapidly declining numbers. In recent months on this forum, I've seen a dolphin, a manatee and now a turtle slaughtered for meat. They're not even particularly popular delicacies and probably taste like crap. Overcome your savagery and and begin to see animals as creatures you share the planet with, who your descendants to come will enjoy and value too, rather than a meat source that will feed you for a meal - and might not even be safe for consumption. It would be nice centuries from now, for people of your lineage to be able to see and appreciate these creatures among them rather than reading about how they existed in history and became extinct. It's not "forming Oyinbo sense". It's common sense that's unfortunately uncommon in this country.

All Africans do is breed like rats with an exploding population and destroy the environment when much of the rest of the world are trying to save the planet. I tire, I swear. angry

2 Likes

Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by piagetskinner(m): 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
na everything we dey turn to food for this country
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Nathan2016: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
A lot of things menh......When animal is preserved, most time it can be used in tourist centers....some cities in the world generate internal revenue by hoarding and preserving rare species...For example KENYA....If their forefather kill any giraffe they see and eat because of hunger,,,,they might not be able to see one to preserve.....
Emusan:

And what does the effect of some species going into extinction got to do with human or universe?

Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Nathan2016: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
Exactly....If you can find 1000 turtise or turtle in your community,,, kill and eat,,, each day, because they will continue breeding, But unfortunately they are rare....Also......When animal is preserved, most time it can be used in tourist centers....some cities in the world generate internal revenue by hoarding and preserving rare species...For example KENYA....If their forefather kill any giraffe they see and eat because of hunger,,,,they might not be able to see one to preserve.....

Abdulazeez007:

ever seen a tortise?
its more or less rearing it to me.
even turtle self.
so seeing cows now mean they are very much available for consumption?

1 Like

Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Litmus: 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
null
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Litmus: 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
If god turned out to be a strange kind of creature, there'd be no hope for Nigerians entering heaven because Nigerians would have killed and eaten something like him while on earth.

1 Like

Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
Emusan:

So what are the things we're supposed to kill?

Uhm...livestock...duh... There's a reason why goat, sheep, cattle, fowls, fish, snails, grass cutters etc are reared.

Sometimes, some of these animals that we think are just wild animals and so we should kill them for food may actually be in danger of extinction.

If that turtle or tortoise is the last of its species on earth, that would have been the end of that species...

2 Likes

Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
BlueShine:
There is no animal reserve in this country.

Africa needs to be re colonised!

Stop sounding discordant. Someone already called the country a zoo. Meaning that the country itself is an animal reserve: the largest on earth.
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Abdulazeez007(m): 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nathan2016:
Exactly....If you can find 1000 turtise or turtle in your community,,, kill and eat,,, each day, because they will continue breeding, But unfortunately they are rare....Also......When animal is preserved, most time it can be used in tourist centers....some cities in the world generate internal revenue by hoarding and preserving rare species...For example KENYA....If their forefather kill any giraffe they see and eat because of hunger,,,,they might not be able to see one to preserve.....

Mr, whatever they like they do with their animals in kenya. is tourism appreciated in Nigeria since the onset?
so forget it, the God who created them isnt asleep! i rest your case!
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Nathan2016: 6:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
Okay MR,,,,,NIGERIANS...SMH....
Abdulazeez007:

Mr, whatever they like they do with their animals in kenya. is tourism appreciated in Nigeria since the onset?
so forget it, the God who created them isnt asleep! i rest your case!

1 Like

Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Rikze: 7:35pm On Feb 27, 2017
Enough of this Animal Activism... God wey give us these animals as food no be dear and dumb...

Time to celebrate...

Since joining Nairaland Two Topics made front... Abeg celebrate with me joor.

Gracias
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by profosenogoboy: 7:43pm On Feb 27, 2017
I like this meat
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
dacovajnr:
With the way ppl dey chop any creature dey cum across I hope they won't end up eating d person God wan send to save us from recession if he decide to come in form of Snake or Antelope grin cheesy

Lwkmd! You be goat. This is the most hilarious post I've read on Nairaland this year!!! grin grin
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
dacovajnr:
Even if na mammy water sef them go chop am
Re: This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) by Samailae: 6:48am On Feb 28, 2017
this is not fish abegi!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Slangs Only Nigerians Can Understand (hilarious) / Unfulfilled Dreams Of Jessica Elvis, Late Nigerian Prostitutes' President / Heartbroken Monkey Cries After Her Child Collapsed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.