Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,057 members, 7,859,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:19 PM

5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device (11858 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device / [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It / Which Wallpaper Are You Currently Using On Your Device? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 27, 2017
LAFO:

See this chief M.ORON

What are you doing on this thread?
Mention me all you can, I'm not going to dignify you with a response

M.oron!

OP, nice one, I used to have my phone without password, until I heard my whatsapp conversation come back to me from a third. Party by someone who read my chat.

Since then, I had to password my device.

Your mama toto
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by Goahead(m): 8:01am On Feb 27, 2017
ToriBlue:
And if I tell you to give me your phone, I want to check your video nko?
I'm a geek, you aren't gonna see anything cos they are encrypted.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by levi2(m): 8:16am On Feb 27, 2017
Before you Know it now...Girls will start saying is because of them that Phones have password....Girls and their Feminist way of thinking
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by miketayo(m): 8:20am On Feb 27, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

Do you even know what you're talking about ??

You can do a factory reset by continuously holding the power button and simply unclock the phone and restore every data on the phone

Iphones are a little bit harder to unlock, if you unlock it then you have to deal with more harder task and the most secured iPhone feature which is the icloud but a $10 blackhack can unlock the icloud

You will not lose any data in the process

Rookies would find your writeup very informational

But u still have to login to get ur information back after a factory reset
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by Dynamite02: 8:42am On Feb 27, 2017
ITbomb:
I don't use password on any of my phones cos mainly it don't have kids around to be touching the phone anyhow

As for the other reasons,

If your Android phone is stolen, forget it, password or none, it is gone

Pocket dialing will never happen to me cos of my porch

Others prying into your business?
Thanks to Hide it Pro and Vault, my phone is open but believe me, you cannot see what I don't want you to see.
If I feel that you are an android pro and you can bypass it, you ain't touching my phone

See the full specs and pic of the New Nokia 3310 2017 version. (it is not Android)
It is dual sim......can't wait! But why no black? Black is my favourite colour.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by mayorjosh(m): 8:45am On Feb 27, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

You can do a factory reset by continuously holding the power button and simply unclock the phone and restore every data on the phone

Iphones are a little bit harder to unlock, if you unlock it then you have to deal with more harder task and the most secured iPhone feature which is the icloud but a $10 blackhack can unlock the icloud

Oga something in your write up caught my attention
So you mean with these blackhack I can bypass apple devices with iCloud lock? shocked

Oga please how do I go about it because I have an iPod 6 and one iPhone locked to iCloud here...they are literally useless

If I am able to unlock those things I'll make some cash

Oga abeg how I go do am ejo edakun embarassed
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 27, 2017
There are many reasons why people lock they phones and not necessarily as a result of their skeleton in the cupboard. It is good to lock your phone and if possible share your pin with your wife or husband, if you find it necessary.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by Abdstrakt(m): 10:02am On Feb 27, 2017
passwords are so old school. Fingerprint scanner will render password obsolete in a few.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by babatee126(m): 10:06am On Feb 27, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by KillerBeauty(f): 10:08am On Feb 27, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

Remember op mentioned 5 points
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by KillerBeauty(f): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2017
Abdstrakt:
passwords are so old school.
Fingerprint scanner will render password obsolete in a few.

Doesnt Fingerprints scanner has the same function as a password
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by hardbody: 10:21am On Feb 27, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

Well, I locked mine with a pattern that I cant recall what i drew, I have hard pressed the power button severally and the phone just goes off and comes back on with the same patterns showing. I do not even mind cleaning out everything in the process but nothing is even getting cleaned out. I will actually like to be guided a lil more. I do not have the time to go to SLOT.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by shiftback: 10:30am On Feb 27, 2017
Abdstrakt:
passwords are so old school.
Fingerprint scanner will render password obsolete in a few.
Exactly, can't remember the last time I put a password on my phone. with the fingerprint scanner it's touch and unlock in less than a second. Who get time to remember Passwords

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by Abdstrakt(m): 10:41am On Feb 27, 2017
KillerBeauty:

Doesnt Fingerprints scanner has the same function as a password
Yes, which is gaining access to whatever data you have secured from the public. But how they go about it is fundamentally different and the level of security they offer are on different levels.
We all know that passwords can be hacked and the possibility of forgetting a password is also there.
Fingerprints are unique to every individual so unless you can get hold of my biometrics I don't see how u can bypass a fingerprint protected data, and the hassle of remembering a password is totally eliminated.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by KillerBeauty(f): 10:46am On Feb 27, 2017
Abdstrakt:

Yes, which is gaining access to whatever data you have secured from the public. But how they go about it is fundamentally different and the level of security they offer are on different levels.
We all know that passwords can be hacked and the possibility of forgetting a password is also there.
Fingerprints are unique to every individual so unless you can get hold of my biometrics I don't see how u can bypass a fingerprint protected data, and the hassle of remembering a password is totally eliminated.

I will choose normal password over fingerprints scanner because I believe password is safer. Its difficult to guess a 4 digit number out of a million combination. But with a fingerprints scanner I can knock you unconscious, or sneak up on you when you are asleep, put your finger on the phone and WALLA I've gotten access.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by shiftback: 10:49am On Feb 27, 2017
hardbody:

Well, I locked mine with a pattern that I cant recall what i drew, I have hard pressed the power button severally and the phone just goes off and comes back on with the same patterns showing. I do not even mind cleaning out everything in the process but nothing is even getting cleaned out. I will actually like to be guided a lil more. I do not have the time to go to SLOT.
Hard pressing the power button will do nada.
You have to boot into recovery and factory reset the phone. Hold power button + volume down or volume up to take you there.
I've been there before, forgetting password to ur smartphone isn't funny at all. I use the fingerprint on my phantom 6 and now I don't have to be craming password again.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by Abdstrakt(m): 10:58am On Feb 27, 2017
KillerBeauty:

I will choose normal password over fingerprints scanner because I believe password is safer. Its difficult to guess a 4 digit number out of a million combination. But with a fingerprints scanner I can knock you unconscious, or sneak up on you when you are asleep, put your finger on the phone and WALLA I've gotten access.
Its difficult to guess a 4 digit number out of a million combination
ermm...you really can't get a million combination from 4 digits. The probability of guessing a four digit password is 1:10000
So you'll knock me unconscious every time you want to snoop in my phone, that isn't feasible in the long term. grin
Your next smartphone should have a fingerprint scanner. There are cheap phones with fingerprint scanner Tecno W5 and I think Infinix have one too
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device by KillerBeauty(f): 11:06am On Feb 27, 2017
Abdstrakt:

Its difficult to guess a 4 digit number out of a million combination
ermm...you really can't get a million combination from 4 digits. The probability of guessing a four digit password is 1:10000
So you'll knock me unconscious every time you want to snoop in my phone, that isn't feasible in the long term. grin
Your next smartphone should have a fingerprint scanner. There are cheap phones with fingerprint scanner Tecno W5 and I think Infinix have one too

I can access your phone while you are sleeping.

Any way I care less about the fingerprint scanner in a smart phone. I really don't hide things in my phone. In my next phone the feature I'm interested in is water resistance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Or Infinix | Which One Is The Best? / T-mobile In Nigeria / Get 1mb & 5mb On The Etisalat New Package For A Week-all Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.