Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair (98302 Views)

Tips On How To Grow Your Natural Hair Using Cooking Ingredients / 5 Tips On How To Protect Your Natural Hair This Harmattan Season / Check Out My Natural Hair 2 Years After Being Mocked About My Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 4:18am On May 25, 2017
NotOfThis:

Whaaat? Toothpaste to loc hair? That is unheard of. Is that how people loc their hair in Nigeria?

That is ludicrous. You do not need any products to loc your hair! None! Certainly not toothpaste, stout, foam, etc. What the heck? lol. Those products will ruin and damage your hair.

Nikita, Lovelygurl, can y'all fill me in? Do locticians in Nigeria use these products to loc hair? shocked shocked

I'm confused too lol. I don't live in Nigeria either but a watched a video on YouTube where she did it herself. Been digging into locs and will be posting everything I find about it soon on Saturday, including videos on how they do it. I don't think they need toothpaste embarassed
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 26, 2017
lovelygurl:

I'm confused too lol. I don't live in Nigeria either but a watched a video on YouTube where she did it herself. Been digging into locs and will be posting everything I find about it soon on Saturday, including videos on how they do it. I don't think they need toothpaste embarassed
I wonder which videos you watched. Sure, post anything you find. smiley
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 27, 2017
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 27, 2017
Kheyindae:
Good evening, does anyone know where someone can have their hair loc'd instantly? is toothpaste the only method they use?

Blanc8:
Hello

Although its more of a ladies thread,

Still having this strong want of loc'in my hair

Went to the Salon - The said things she would need are toothpaste, legend Stout, foam, can't remember the last thing..

I eventually didn't do it that day cos of the toothpaste and Legend Stout which she would add to my hair

I want to know.. If its alright, those with locs is this the process?

No you do not need toothpaste. It doesn't sound healthy to me. Already posted some videos on how locs can be done. Make sure you find someone who is a real professional, I wouldn't trust someone who comes up with toothpaste. They sound damaging to to the hair

There are only few videos on YouTube but they give you an idea of what your hairdresser is supposed to do

Good luck cheesy
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by MrsMurphy(f): 8:15am On May 28, 2017
flakeStar:
I have long and healthy natural hair and this is what I use to keep it manageable.... The hair almost killed me before I discovered this mix
how much did you buy yours and where can I get it
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by fanficgirl(f): 5:15am On May 29, 2017
My hair can grow to shoulder length quickly, but I have trouble retaining length after angry.
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 29, 2017
pls.........recommend conditioners 4 natural hair, and if possible include their price.
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 30, 2017
good afternoon... please I need cream or oil to make my hair shine

2 Likes

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by streem26: 8:28am On Jun 01, 2017
I LOVE sisterlocs; My fav locs kiss

More pics to come.
I like this also.

I am just interested in learning more about natural hairstylezz i have found a really great product that has really helped me with hair growth just curious if anyone has heard of it. its a all natural hair oil called Revitalife... ive seen a great amount of growth in the last month and a half and my sister uses it on her dread locs as well
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by AgbenuAnna(f): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
please can someone tell me what product to use on my hair,my hair type. Am currently using only coconut oil anytime I bath

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
Kheyindae:
Good evening, does anyone know where someone can have their hair loc'd instantly? is toothpaste the only method they use?
where are you based?
Blanc8:
Hello

Although its more of a ladies thread,

Still having this strong want of loc'in my hair

Went to the Salon - The said things she would need are toothpaste, legend Stout, foam, can't remember the last thing..

I eventually didn't do it that day cos of the toothpaste and Legend Stout which she would add to my hair

I want to know.. If its alright, those with locs is this the process?

Don't ever allow any stylist to use toothpaste to loc your hair. It damages it at the long run
NotOfThis:

Whaaat? Toothpaste to loc hair? That is unheard of. Toothpaste is not a method for loc'ing hair; never has been and never will be. smiley

That is ludicrous. You do not need any products to loc your hair! None! Certainly not toothpaste, stout, foam, etc. What the heck? lol. Those products will ruin and damage your hair.

Nikita, Lovelygurl, can y'all fill me in? Do locticians in Nigeria use these products to loc hair? shocked shocked
hi babe. You called me.
Some stylist do make use of toothpaste but it's old fashion now and not advisable. It damages the hair later.
I will drop one good dread 'loctician's IG handle here later. She's really good

1 Like

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Blanc8(m): 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
Location- Abuja
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 03, 2017
NLchikeeto:
pls.........recommend conditioners 4 natural hair, and if possible include their price.

They might be cheaper offline wink

1 Like

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 03, 2017
EmpresFIDEL:
good afternoon... please I need cream or oil to make my hair shine

I think a gel will be better. Aloe vera gel. Use a cream and oil too then apply 100% aloe vera as the last product. Or flaxseed gel. They are ways of doing it yourself (diys) if you are interested

Updated

Omg I remember you! There was a time you need motivation right? I mean regarding your hair. It has grown do much cheesy. Happy you didn't give up
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 03, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
please can someone tell me what product to use on my hair,my hair type.
Am currently using only coconut oil anytime I bath

Your hair is definitely 4c but I think for now coconut oil is enough. Think it's too short for starting to use products but if it gets to a stage when you can start combing, you can start deep conditioning and maybe using a gel (aloe vera/flaxseed). If it gets really long then add leave in conditioners.

Isn't the coconut oil doing the job or are there any problems with it right now. Your hair seems to be more curly in some parts might be 4b. The before picture might be "scab" hair. It happens sometimes when the hair cuticles are very damaged from relaxer. The first natural growth seems to be extremely hard, difficult to manage etc but with time the scab hair will grow out and it might turn out to be softer and sometimes more curly.

Majority of your hair seems to be 4c but there might be some 4b there

Sry for the typos, already corrected it. Didn't know you'd be here immediately grin

1 Like

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 03, 2017
fanficgirl:
My hair can grow to shoulder length quickly, but I have trouble retaining length after angry.

Lol maybe you are manipulating your hair too much? Wear more protective styles, they might help
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 03, 2017
lovelygurl:

I think a gel will be better. Aloe vera gel. Use a cream and oil too then apply 100% aloe vera as the last product. Or flaxseed gel. They are ways of doing it yourself (diys) if you are interested

Updated

Omg I remember you! There was a time you need motivation right? I mean regarding your hair. It has grown do much cheesy. Happy you didn't give up
thank you very much... ur advice then really helped me. am interested in DIYS.
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 03, 2017
lovelygurl:

They might be cheaper offline wink

Thank u..........though av gotten gentelle fruits hair conditioner.
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
NLchikeeto:

Thank u..........though av gotten gentelle fruits hair conditioner.

Awww uwc, sry it took so long. I was busy writing exams but glad you already found 1 cheesy

How is it? Does it do the job?
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
EmpresFIDEL:
thank you very much... ur advice then really helped me. am interested in DIYS.

Oh I can post some diys to flaxseed gel and aloe vera gel and uwc grin

Jigba do you remember this pretty lady? Her hair has grown so much since then cheesy
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
lovelygurl:

Jigba do you remember this pretty lady? Her hair has grown so much since then cheesy

Yea I do grin
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
lovelygurl:

Awww uwc, sry it took so long. I was busy writing exams but glad you already found 1 cheesy

How is it? Does it do the job?

No need 2 apologize .............av not used it yet, been busy, will use it probably next wk.......thanks though.

Wishing u success in ur exams.
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Omoluabi16(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
lovelygurl:

should I use aloevera for my hair?
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
NLchikeeto:

No need 2 apologize .............av not used it yet, been busy, will use it probably next wk.......thanks though.

Wishing u success in ur exams.

Awww thanks cheesy
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
Omoluabi16:
should I use aloevera for my hair?

Of course grin
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by AgbenuAnna(f): 8:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
lovelygurl:

Your hair is definitely 4c but I think for now coconut oil is enough. Think it's too short for starting to use products but if it gets to a stage when you can start combing, you can start deep conditioning and maybe using a gel (aloe vera/flaxseed). If it gets really long then add leave in conditioners.

Isn't the coconut oil doing the job or are there any problems with it right now. Your hair seems to be more curly in some parts might be 4b. The before picture might be "scab" hair. It happens sometimes when the hair cuticles are very damaged from relaxer. The first natural growth seems to be extremely hard, difficult to manage etc but with time the scab hair will grow out and it might turn out to be softer and sometimes more curly.

Majority of your hair seems to be 4c but there might be some 4b there

Sry for the typos, already corrected it. Didn't know you'd be here immediately grin
thanks.
The coconut oil is working, I want to buy hair wonder,hair cream,oil and shampoo don't know its good.
The before pics,the tip of my hair got bad due to hair products and stretching I guess,the bottom part was very thick.
I just want to get my hair products for my hair journey.
I appreciate your effort,God bless you plenty
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
lovelygurl:

Awww thanks cheesy

U r welcome.
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
lovelygurl:

thank you.
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
Blanc8:
Location- Abuja
follow this lady on Instagram '@locitude'
There is one of her branch at Abuja. Just surrender your hair to her, she will take care of it
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
thanks.
The coconut oil is working, I want to buy hair wonder,hair cream,oil and shampoo don't know its good.
The before pics,the tip of my hair got bad due to hair products and stretching I guess,the bottom part was very thick.
I just want to get my hair products for my hair journey.
I appreciate your effort,God bless you plenty
you are on the right track with hair wonder products. I am so much in love with their products. I have the hair cream, shampoo and oil. It's good
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by pweetiedee(m): 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
Following.
Lovelygurl...thanks for your advice in the other thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

G- Strings Or Granny Panties, Boxers or Briefs? / Tiniest Waist: Su Naing To Beat 1939 Guiness World Record (Photos) / Before & After: Girl Bleaches Skin And Abuses Dark-skinned Girls..lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.