Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day (22225 Views)

Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? / White Wedding Of Ejindu, Man Who Married 2 Wives In Abiriba, Abia Same Day / Air Force Officer Kisses His Bride At Their Wedding Ceremony. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Driftingking(m): 7:44am On Feb 28, 2017
In Nigeria today, having your traditional wedding and white wedding on separate days has become the normal routine of the day

You see intending couples going as far as putting the white wedding, weeks even months after the traditional wedding.

However, in this recession it might take a major toll on your financial plan and furthermore, not many friends and family members will have the luxury of travelling to two different locations for a wedding.

Having said this, i want to enlist 5 reasons why you should hold your traditional and white wedding ceremony the same day

1. Less stress on the couple and their pocket.
The stress will be over and done with.

Wedding planning is stress. If the dates are weeks apart, when you are done with the traditional wedding, you will not have time to relax because you will go straight to planning the white wedding.

This will mean looking for new make-up artists, planners, venues and all that jazz.

2. Everyone will most likely make it.

If you have both ceremonies on the same day, people will prioritize the wedding and make sure to show up knowing there is no other ceremony after to make it up to you. A wedding full of your loved ones will make any bride and groom very happy. With your weddings on the same day, Heavy turn up is assured.

3. Eliminate the idea of paying for edibles twice

Coming to think of it, You cannot assume because people ate on the traditional wedding, and impose a “No food rule” on your white wedding. Courtesy demands that you serve food and drinks on both days. But you can overcome this stress if the event is done on the same day, where people come to the event once, eat once and then the event is over.

4) You will have your spouse in shorter time.

Usually, it’s only after the white wedding that everybody will recognize you as husband and wife and you will be able to move into your new house.

If the traditional wedding is in January and the white is in July, you will have to wait a whole six months before you can have your spouse to yourself and if you are waiting until your wedding night, that will be unplanned extra waiting period for you.

Having it the same day will mean by the end of the day, you both are married in everyone’s eyes and both of you can do whatever you want together.

5) Resisting Worldly attributes

After i attended a wedding of a church member, just days to her white wedding, it was alleged that the husband-to-be cheated, the wedding was called off.

Another that made round on the internet about a lady who refused to say “I DO“, which also resulted to the wedding being called off.

A lady died on the Eve to her wedding day.
Another died on her wedding day.
Sometime in Edo, a lady died in the evening of her Traditional wedding.

Allowing intending couples to wait weeks, months before one thing could lead to another, be it a change of mind, a returning ex, people working against the marriage etc.

All this worldly attributes can be resisted and brought to its minimum if the Traditional wedding and the white wedding are Done on the same day once and for all. And temptations are lessened.

This will reduce the cost and save the couples pocket, reduce the stress, determine large number of turn-up at the event as there is No way to make up to you if its missed, and a whole lots more.

http://otownloaded.com/5-reasons-hold-traditonal-white-wedding-ceremony-day/

cc: Rocktation, lalasticlala, mynd44, ishilove, obinoscopy

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by babyfaceafrica: 7:51am On Feb 28, 2017
Lolz
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by veekid(m): 7:51am On Feb 28, 2017

Na person wey get money dey do wedding now

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by TRADELYN: 7:52am On Feb 28, 2017
cool
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by ednut1(m): 7:52am On Feb 28, 2017
one wedding never do

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by abdulkabirtobi(m): 7:52am On Feb 28, 2017
Apt, I can't but agree with your stand

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by edlion57(m): 7:53am On Feb 28, 2017
What if the man is from Southeast and the wife is from Southwest

11 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Orjitex15(m): 7:53am On Feb 28, 2017
its a very good idea man I agree with u.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Kennyodinye(m): 7:53am On Feb 28, 2017
A Very Stupid Poverty Minded Post

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Vickiweezy(m): 7:54am On Feb 28, 2017
Save your money for you kids and other basic needs. And don't use it to give people food and drink twice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Dclique(m): 7:54am On Feb 28, 2017
Wait first?! With whose money?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by san316(m): 7:54am On Feb 28, 2017
Na wa oooh. Traditional wedding inside church?
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by empress101(f): 7:54am On Feb 28, 2017
cool Nice points tho.. but I will still love to do it on different days...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by dhope001(m): 7:54am On Feb 28, 2017
I did it and I never regret it

11 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Angelb4: 7:54am On Feb 28, 2017
Just 5 reasons? Reasons are numerous
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by slimmax: 7:57am On Feb 28, 2017
very plausible
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by IMASTEX: 7:57am On Feb 28, 2017
I am yet to see the sense in doing traditional marriage and white wedding when the two serve the same purpose, even though the traditional marriage is more superior for us as Africans. This is why your pastor will ask if the bride price has been paid before proceeding to disjoin and rejoin what has already been joined by God through the family members. Mental slavery!

9 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Serendip: 7:59am On Feb 28, 2017
Well whether same day or separated days, always remember that there is life after the ceremony. That's when the real marriage starts and you need all the resources you can to make things work all together. Peace wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Tisham20(m): 7:59am On Feb 28, 2017
OK
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by nwafeje: 8:00am On Feb 28, 2017
is it supposed to be called white wedding or church wedding?
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by metorichmond(m): 8:01am On Feb 28, 2017

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Monalisa185(f): 8:02am On Feb 28, 2017
it's a no no for me...

My traditional marriage will be strictly in my father's compound in the village then the church wedding will be where my husband to-be will be based and where he has more friends.

You see? Holding both weddings on the same day won't be possible

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 28, 2017
Even those wey don marry go come put mouth, leave we single people to debate
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by softMarket(m): 8:03am On Feb 28, 2017
The only reason is "because buhari is the president of Nigeria"

an average nigeria cant buy twenty two thousand naira bag of rice two times because of traditional and white wedding!

Hardship is Buhari and Buhari is hardship......DSS should come and arrest me,! I dey house

since bubu go UK, liverpool don dey lose losing match carelessly! grin

DSS

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by charleseee(f): 8:04am On Feb 28, 2017
empress101:
cool Nice points tho.. but I will still love to do it on different days...
cos not ur money

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Sisqoman(m): 8:04am On Feb 28, 2017
Thanks God that i don't have any Girlfriend.
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by femi4: 8:05am On Feb 28, 2017
Driftingking:
If you have any ideas, Contributions, feel free to use the comment box below.

No argument in choosing your wedding annivasary date.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by adrian3000(m): 8:07am On Feb 28, 2017
Driftingking:
In Nigeria today, having your traditional wedding and white wedding on separate days has become the normal routine of the day

You see intending couples going as far as putting the white wedding, weeks even months after the traditional wedding.

However, in this recession it might take a major toll on your financial plan and furthermore, not many friends and family members will have the luxury of travelling to two different locations for a wedding.

Having said this, i want to enlist 5 reasons why you should hold your traditional and white wedding ceremony the same day

1. Less stress on the couple and their pocket.
The stress will be over and done with.

Wedding planning is stress. If the dates are weeks apart, when you are done with the traditional wedding, you will not have time to relax because you will go straight to planning the white wedding.

This will mean looking for new make-up artists, planners, venues and all that jazz.

2. Everyone will most likely make it.

If you have both ceremonies on the same day, people will prioritize the wedding and make sure to show up knowing there is no other ceremony after to make it up to you. A wedding full of your loved ones will make any bride and groom very happy. With your weddings on the same day, Heavy turn up is assured.

3. Eliminate the idea of paying for edibles twice

Coming to think of it, You cannot assume because people ate on the traditional wedding, and impose a “No food rule” on your white wedding. Courtesy demands that you serve food and drinks on both days. But you can overcome this stress if the event is done on the same day, where people come to the event once, eat once and then the event is over.

4) You will have your spouse in shorter time.

Usually, it’s only after the white wedding that everybody will recognize you as husband and wife and you will be able to move into your new house.

If the traditional wedding is in January and the white is in July, you will have to wait a whole six months before you can have your spouse to yourself and if you are waiting until your wedding night, that will be unplanned extra waiting period for you.

Having it the same day will mean by the end of the day, you both are married in everyone’s eyes and both of you can do whatever you want together.

5) Resisting Worldly attributes

After i attended a wedding of a church member, just days to her white wedding, it was alleged that the husband-to-be cheated, the wedding was called off.

Another that made round on the internet about a lady who refused to say “I DO“, which also resulted to the wedding being called off.

A lady died on the Eve to her wedding day.
Another died on her wedding day.
Sometime in Edo, a lady died in the evening of her Traditional wedding.

Allowing intending couples to wait weeks, months before one thing could lead to another, be it a change of mind, a returning ex, people working against the marriage etc.

All this worldly attributes can be resisted and brought to its minimum if the Traditional wedding and the white wedding are Done on the same day once and for all. And temptations are lessened.

This will reduce the cost and save the couples pocket, reduce the stress, determine large number of turn-up at the event as there is No way to make up to you if its missed, and a whole lots more.

http://otownloaded.com/5-reasons-hold-traditonal-white-wedding-ceremony-day/

cc: Rocktation, lalasticlala, mynd44, ishilove, obinoscopy
nice points

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 28, 2017
charleseee:
cos not ur money
Exactly my point!
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by baddosky1: 8:09am On Feb 28, 2017
edlion57:
What if the man is from Southeast and the wife is from Southwest

Afonja oily soup don't allow men from South East to marry their women but their men drool over SE women.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Ikigia: 8:09am On Feb 28, 2017
The number one is more than enough......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Balmoral Organizes 3-Day International Drinks Festival In Lagos (Photos) / Jidenna, Tekno, Davido, Joeboy To Perform At Zenith Lifestyle Fair On December 1 / My(nairalander) Wedding Photographs Last Two Weeks Saturday, 31st Aug.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.