Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day (22222 Views)

Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? / White Wedding Of Ejindu, Man Who Married 2 Wives In Abiriba, Abia Same Day / Air Force Officer Kisses His Bride At Their Wedding Ceremony. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by linusbnn(m): 8:09am On Feb 28, 2017
Kennyodinye:
A Very Stupid Porvety Minded Post

Big boy
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by AuroraB(f): 8:16am On Feb 28, 2017
Dclique:

Wait first?! With whose money?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ummmmm, it's Federal Government funded, I think grin
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 28, 2017
Kennyodinye:

Ur comment is d one one sounding stupid to me

Learn not to insult people for divergent opinion rather create ur own thread
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by mrkels(m): 8:20am On Feb 28, 2017
Monalisa185:
it's a no no for me...

My traditional marriage will be strictly in my father's compound in the village then the church wedding will be where my husband to-be will be based and where he has more friends.

You see? Holding both weddings on the same day won't be possible

thats why you still single.

too many rules

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Nukualofa: 8:21am On Feb 28, 2017
Kennyodinye:
I think you are still a toddler
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Lokoyen(m): 8:24am On Feb 28, 2017
Kennyodinye:

You are a kid. Not every that did their wedding same day are short of cash.

I did mine same day cos i wanted to avoided double spending on feeding. Feeding everyone that will not be there with you and your wife when you need them.

The 'REAL' wedding is not ceremony Mr millionaire but after the whole ceremony 'u & your wife'.

Note:

Your wedding can't be the best or the worst. The best wedding today will be better wedding tomorrow and the worst wedding today will be better wedding to worst wedding today. No matter your spending you will always remain in the middle.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by samhay: 8:30am On Feb 28, 2017
Godiloveu, am sitting comfortably here waiting for Ur arrival
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by REDDEVILS1(m): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2017
I totally hate it,and thankfully my woman hates it too

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Pennyways: 9:17am On Feb 28, 2017
empress101:
cool Nice points tho.. but I will still love to do it on different days...
I stand with you baby, at least friends can eat jollof rice twice
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Dclique(m): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2017
AuroraB:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Ummmmm, it's Federal Government funded, I think grin
Lol it beta be.
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Wuminity(f): 9:44am On Feb 28, 2017
san316:
Na wa oooh. Traditional wedding inside church?
Nah! its not inside the church, it is meant to take place in the bride father`s house,it can be in a field venue or a hall, in the morning by 8:00 am before the white wedding in the church takes place around 12:00 pm but its definitely going to be on the same day. By that you can save cost and avoid some demerits according to what OP has said.
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Krystalzkris(f): 9:45am On Feb 28, 2017
who church wedding EPP?. the only wedding I vvalue is my trad then I'd proceed to the court... chikina
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Emmyemmy1: 10:14am On Feb 28, 2017
nice idea especially if parents of the bride lives in the same city as the groom......

check my signature for event ushers
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by nwakibie3(m): 10:34am On Feb 28, 2017
Monalisa185:
it's a no no for me...

My traditional marriage will be strictly in my father's compound in the village then the church wedding will be where my husband to-be will be based and where he has more friends.

That means the bills for the one to be performed in ur father's compound will be on u while the one of where I base will be on me grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Ishilove: 10:40am On Feb 28, 2017
Driftingking:

4) You will have your spouse in shorter time.

Usually, it’s only after the white wedding that everybody will recognize you as husband and wife and you will be able to move into your new house.

If the traditional wedding is in January and the white is in July, you will have to wait a whole six months before you can have your spouse to yourself and if you are waiting until your wedding night, that will be unplanned extra waiting period for you.

Having it the same day will mean by the end of the day, you both are married in everyone’s eyes and both of you can do whatever you want together.

I don't know who came up with this fuckery. God steps into a marriage the very moment your bride price is paid. It is man and our carnal wisdom that came up with this nonsense, thus limiting us. I don't know what scriptural backing prohibits a man from 'knowing' his wife after he has performed all the traditional rights of marriage. Even the whole concept of 'white wedding' has carnal roots.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by ShaqFu: 10:47am On Feb 28, 2017
Ishilove:

I don't know who came up with this fuckery. God steps into a marriage the very moment your bride price is paid. It is man and our carnal wisdom that came up with this nonsense, thus limiting us. I don't know what scriptural backing prohibits a man from 'knowing' his wife after he has performed all the traditional rights of marriage. Even the whole concept of 'white wedding' has carnal roots.
How do you know "God steps into a marriage the moment the bride price is paid?".
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Godiloveu(f): 10:52am On Feb 28, 2017
samhay:
Godiloveu, am sitting comfortably here waiting for Ur arrival

my 1dollar, OK!
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by snowblaq(f): 11:02am On Feb 28, 2017
Monalisa185:
it's a no no for me...

.....isnt the white / church wedding usually done in the bride's church?.....so how can it b wr the husband is based if the bride doesn't base there too
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by ChristyG(f): 11:22am On Feb 28, 2017
baddosky1:

Afonja oily soup don't allow men from South East to marry their women but their men drool over SE women.
if only u know how many are enjoying that 'oily' soup, u won't be here making noise online.i know of a couple that just got married recently, the man is from ebonyi state while d woman is from osun.there are a lot of them I have seen on Instagram. but u can't pretend to not have seen any

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by boomii(f): 11:38am On Feb 28, 2017
This can't work for me.

Tried it for my sister but the stress was too much for everyone, so it's a no no for me
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Genea(f): 11:41am On Feb 28, 2017
Not feasible for a southeast wedding...
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Monalisa185(f): 11:56am On Feb 28, 2017
snowblaq:
.....isnt the white / church wedding usually done in the bride's church?.....so how can it b wr the husband is based if the bride doesn't base there too

who made it a rule that church weddings must take place in the bride's church? Are you a catholic? No offense
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Monalisa185(f): 11:58am On Feb 28, 2017
nwakibie3:

That means the bills for the one to be performed in ur father's compound will be on u while the one of where I base will be on me grin grin

I won't be the type who would leave all the marriage expenses for my husband to-be... That one no go be problem cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by snowblaq(f): 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
Monalisa185:

who made it a rule that church weddings must take place in the bride's church? Are you a catholic? No offense
.....no not a catholic......i.just know that as a norm....i'm yet to see a church wedding taking place in a guy's church unless they worship in the same church......which still makes it the girls church anyway
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Monalisa185(f): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
snowblaq:
.....no not a catholic......i.just know that as a norm....i'm yet to see a church wedding taking place in a guy's church unless they worship in the same church......which still makes it the girls church anyway

I've seen the opposite, not a norm, just what you two agree on

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by haulforte123: 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
The Difference between "Freight and Cargo".

The Confusion.

There had been a mix-up in what is called "freight or cargo".
Well, it normal. Any one can make such mistakes.

This mix-up comes as a result of their similarities.
In other words, the common factor between the two is that
"it refers to the transportation of "goods" from on place to another".

However there is a major difference between the two.

Here Is The Major Difference.

When we hear people talking about "Freight", this means they are
referring to movement of their goods to different places through trucks
and trains.

However, Cargo refers to the use of ships or Cargo planes to move
goods to different points.

Hence the major difference is the means of transporting the goods.

Now the difference is clear and we hope you found it helpful.

To use our Shipment and Clearing services, contact us at:

info@haulforte.com
www.haulforte.com
+234 812 136 2702
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by giftedheart1(m): 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
ChristyG:
if only u know how many are enjoying that 'oily' soup, u won't be here making noise online.i know of a couple that just got married recently, the man is from ebonyi state while d woman is from osun.there are a lot of them I have seen on Instagram. but u can't pretend to not have seen any
let the flat head be making noise...after all they sell their girls and even they r not ready BUY them. My sister married someone from Abia...and the young man is happy abt it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Ishilove: 12:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
ShaqFu:
How do you know "God steps into a marriage the moment the bride price is paid?".
Simple biblical principles.
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by Emade(m): 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2017
the problem now is the bride family tell u what they want and also demand u come to The bride village for the birth price,it is even more difficult when the bride father is dead.
Re: 5 Reasons To Hold Your Traditonal And White Wedding Ceremony The Same Day by gbegemaster(m): 2:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ishilove:

Utter fuckery. Who do traditional wedding don marry. Na man made laws dey cause this problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Balmoral Organizes 3-Day International Drinks Festival In Lagos (Photos) / Jidenna, Tekno, Davido, Joeboy To Perform At Zenith Lifestyle Fair On December 1 / My(nairalander) Wedding Photographs Last Two Weeks Saturday, 31st Aug.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.